Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RocketMermaid posted:

Test footage in the final cut because they ran out of loving money.

The scene with the rocket boots and the improbably tall maintenance shaft with repeating deck numbers like a loving Tom & Jerry cartoon.

The world's most obvious greenscreen on Kirk falling off the mountain.

It's all so incredibly bad and amazing.

"From the mind of a madman" according to the original trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Goddammit! Star Trek V was fun! It's a guilty pleasure and I love it!

Especially the whole philosophical part. What does God need with a starship?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

repiv posted:

we never did find out why dr disrespect ate a twitch perma did we
The real reason is probably real boring and just some loophole for twitch to weasel out of his contract, because they permanently banned him after it became apparent he lied about having a large offer from a competitor that shutdown shortly after he signed a new contract with twitch.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Plan R posted:

While you were pursuing guilty pleasures, I was sharpening my crypto skills

ahh poo poo I'm poor now

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh look, the thinnest-skinned douchebag in gaming is getting into NFTs: https://www.thegamer.com/dr-disrespect-nft-game-players-vote-development/

Dr. Disrespect expects to make a game where his community (which you have to own an NFT to be a part of) votes on the game design, and they'll put out vertical slices to play every six weeks.

And, of course, he gets testy when the viability of that is questioned:

https://twitter.com/DrDisrespect/status/1546351609403232257

Oh, but that's just his "character" I'm sure.
Haha, Robert Bowling somehow got involved in this. For those of you who don't know: Bowling was the social media guy for Infinity Ward for their prime years, got promoted to a design role when the founders got kicked out and had done nothing in the last ten years. This is going to be a massive clusterfuck.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

While you were pursuing guilty pleasures, I was sharpening my crypto skills

ahh poo poo I'm poor now

Ooh time to buy! I'll take five thousand bitcoin thanks!

Oh no, it's now five bitcoin!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Plan R posted:

To mine QuarkCoin on its main computer, of course.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Finally

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

repiv posted:

we never did find out why dr disrespect ate a twitch perma did we

always wished he had just gone to jail

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY - Selling my balance on Celsius

quote:

I have a 6-figure deposit with Celsius, mostly in stable coin. This not FUD! I just don't want to wait until they open up withdrawals (if you believe that is happening). I am willing to negotiate a haircut with someone who wants to purchase my balance.

We will go through intermediaries (e.g. lawyers, escrow service) so that this process is legal and buttoned up. As the purchaser, you are betting that Celsius will open up whereas the seller, I am of the belief that they won't or it will take longer that I am willing to wait.

If you are serious, send me your lawyer's contact information including their name, email, website, and phone number. To avoid any misunderstandings or fraud, I will not negotiate with you directly. We must go through reliable and trustworthy intermediaries.

I don't want to drag this on so I will consider inquiries received until Friday, 15th of July 17.00 EDT. You can expect a response either from me or my lawyer next week.

Again, serious inquires only. Messages without your lawyers contact details will not be considered.

For those who are anxiously waiting and refreshing your browser for news, don't let this eat away at you. Move on to something better and healthier. This is my way of coping.

I wish EVERYONE the best of luck in recovering your funds. I truly do.

Edit: The asset consists of USDC, BTH, ETH. Heavy on USDC. It’s not low 6-figure. Please express your interest in terms of % haircut. I am not your financial advisor but you should only inquire if a six figure investmemt of this nature represents a small portion of your investable wealth. Even after the haircut, I expect the buyout to be a 6-figure offer. I will share the exact details when professional intermediaries are involved.

Posted 5 hours before they declared bankruptcy :lol:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Anybody want to buy up these credits the wallet inspector gave me?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

This is the MSF logo from metal gear

Monkeys sans fungile

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So like the only thing I've thought of that seems like a legit usage of NFTs is like transferrable ownership of things that are treated as not transferrable on the web, like video games. So like you could "own" the NFT and transfer it on a secondary market if you were done with a game, or hated it or something. Of course the NFT's in the video game communities aren't doing that, but dumb poo poo like voting rights.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

So like the only thing I've thought of that seems like a legit usage of NFTs is like transferrable ownership of things that are treated as not transferrable on the web, like video games. So like you could "own" the NFT and transfer it on a secondary market if you were done with a game, or hated it or something. Of course the NFT's in the video game communities aren't doing that, but dumb poo poo like voting rights.

Just what game publishers have always wanted, a rejuvenation of the used game market, but digitally!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Just what game publishers have always wanted, a rejuvenation of the used game market, but digitally!

Well yeah, of course they don't want that to happen, but it actually seems like a nice, practical application.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I think that could be done without blockchain though if it ever did happen. They could just let people sell/trade their activation keys or whatever?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Reading r/CelsiusNetwork after the Ch.11 announcement is both parts schadenfreude and shock at the intense resolve some of those absolute dipshits have at needing to keep up the ponzi scheme. The believe that they're still temporarily embarrassed millionaires, bitcoin is still going to go back to the moon, they are still getting their deposits back because the government will enforce their money to be returned, etc. etc. Dumping their savings into Celsius and losing it all is definitely NOT a life lesson; it's just a setback. "Start over, do it again" is almost like a mantra for some of these people.

I mean,

quote:

I've been depressed the entire month. Worst summer of my life. Realized early on that bankruptcy was inevitable. Pulled some money from a Roth and took out a loan for the rest -- I bought back in everything I lost at Celsius. Maybe crazy, maybe not. We will see. Still so disgusted at myself for being so stupid to think you could have risk free 8-10% yields on stable coins. I had pulled those but to get a higher yield elsewhere (and of course now safely back in checking account) so I didn't lose those at Celsius.
Dozens, maybe hundreds of quotes like this.

HAHA

quote:

I lost around 55k in this.

Just going to buy btc and eth in bits every month and one day, I'll make it back. That's my strategy.

Back in January 2021, I lost 6k in crypto and it felt horrible. Oddly, I don't feel even a little bit of emotion right now and I don't know why. Lol. Guess I got used to losing.

PITY BONER fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 14, 2022

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

run on sentience posted:

I think that could be done without blockchain though if it ever did happen. They could just let people sell/trade their activation keys or whatever?

Well yeah, the only advantage over some kind of key sharing would be some kind of decentralization, but that's even less friendly for a platforms like steam since they don't care if you own some general game license, they care that you bought one from them.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
They also like to point out that it lets you trade the items even if, say, you get banned from the game. Because developers are totally interested in ensuring you can profit off of whatever kind of behaviour got you banned and encouraging others to do so.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

the best thing about crypto is when poo poo goes belly up and the copium is brought out. The financial illiteracy shown by some people is just amazing edit: like straight into my veins AMAZING

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Why are these idiots so obsessed with making videogames? They take time, money, skill, and leadership and I'm not sure I've seen a single crypto related project that shows they have even one of those.

At least I understand they primarily want to make pvp mmos: because it's about exclusion and superiority over their lessers.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I've played videogames, I can probably make one

that's the whole thought process

e. I had the same thought when I was 10 and tried to learn computer code and said gently caress this and went back to just playing them

that's what separates me from the true visionaries

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh look, the thinnest-skinned douchebag in gaming is getting into NFTs: https://www.thegamer.com/dr-disrespect-nft-game-players-vote-development/

Dr. Disrespect expects to make a game where his community (which you have to own an NFT to be a part of) votes on the game design, and they'll put out vertical slices to play every six weeks.

And, of course, he gets testy when the viability of that is questioned:

https://twitter.com/DrDisrespect/status/1546351609403232257

Oh, but that's just his "character" I'm sure.

The best part is the replies saying "yes, this is called agile dev and it works great" because lol no it doesn't

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

lol

This is the financial system disruption we were promised, praying to Elon Musk to save you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

N. Senada posted:

I've played videogames, I can probably make one

that's the whole thought process

e. I had the same thought when I was 10 and tried to learn computer code and said gently caress this and went back to just playing them

that's what separates me from the true visionaries

Half these guys also obviously don't even play videogames

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So weird the Celsius CMO is in India during this time.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

DrDisrespect was known for taking videos of people in public bathrooms at conventions, including of a child. Hope he gets everything he deserves.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Imagine making tens of millions playing video games and then being like no. No this isn't enough

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

davecrazy posted:

lol

This is the financial system disruption we were promised, praying to Elon Musk to save you.

God, I love these idiots. Elon has 9 kids and he doesn't give a gently caress about any of them. One of them just legally disowned him the moment they turned 18. He's not gonna help you dipshit. He's not gonna help anyone.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ranbo das posted:

DrDisrespect was known for taking videos of people in public bathrooms at conventions, including of a child. Hope he gets everything he deserves.

also beating his wife

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Which bitcoin was the one where they went to san francisco because of a space whale or something

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

drk posted:

Which bitcoin was the one where they went to san francisco because of a space whale or something

That was Beavis and Butthead.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

kirbysuperstar posted:

also beating his wife

lol this guy seems like the ultimate masthead for an internet project

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

also beating his wife

He cheated on his wife and then admitted it publicly. I can't find anything that says he beat her.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
let's keep the facts straight, he just films people in bathrooms

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

N. Senada posted:

yes, let's

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That was Beavis and Butthead.

checks out

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

N. Senada posted:

to be fair, it's not like he did it secretly for his own gratification, he went into a public bathroom at E3 to use it and made his cameraman follow him while livestreaming

so he's not a (known) pervert, he's just a big loving idiot with no respect for others' privacy

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
it's funnier that it's incompetence and not malice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

People who play games very often have terrible ideas about what would make a game good. Design is loving hard and one of the easiest things to do wrong on a game. Doing it by committee of your player base is almost a sure recipe for disaster.

“What makes a game fun” is an incredibly subjective, nuanced topic and there are an endless pile of ideas that sound great on paper but end up playing terribly.

I can’t wait to see how that shitshow develops as mixing NFTs, cryptobros, and the game streamer audience is sure to bring out a real group of winners with great ideas about video games