Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

loathe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god yessss

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i think that's quite bad (unless other cards enable the archetype) but very annoying for the opponent

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hilarious, but not at all good unless some really absurd synergy gets printed.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

bad card much like renathal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Luff posted:

This card seems pretty meh. Very low tempo payoff for what will probably be a tempo deck. Janky enough for me to want to play it, though

4/3 for 3 with a targeted semi-discard effect seems extremely strong to me but I guess a lot depends on the quality of rogue secrets on offer, and what the odds are of being able to play one on curve and have it stick around for a turn.

edit: Dev confirmed on reddit you only get to pick from one of 3 randomly selected cards. Kind of baffling they didn't use Star Student Selina's templating: "Look at 3 cards in your opponent's hand. Shuffle one of them into their deck."

goferchan fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 13, 2022

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."

Firebert posted:

loathe this

Instant gold craft. In Wild I'm going to play this followed by a ton of copied cards.

It won't win me games but by god it'll be hilarious.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Gwaint posted:

Instant gold craft. In Wild I'm going to play this followed by a ton of copied cards.

It won't win me games but by god it'll be hilarious.

I've always wanted to play a viable mill deck in HS (I started after mill rogue was a thing). Between this, Selfish Shellfish, and Whirlpool it looks like Priest can make it happen.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

good or not im having fun with renothal DH

### Renothal Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Consume Magic
# 1x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 1x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 1x (1) Illidari Studies
# 1x (1) Mana Burn
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 1x (1) Tuskpiercer
# 1x (1) Twin Slice
# 1x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 1x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Far Watch Post
# 1x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Felfire Deadeye
# 1x (2) Fossil Fanatic
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Acrobatics
# 1x (3) Archdruid Naralex
# 1x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 1x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 1x (3) Predation
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Glide
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Razorglaive Sentinel
# 1x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
#
AAEBAdKLBSj6Dt/EAvyjA+C8A9nGA9TIA/LJA+HOA4vVA/nVA/bWA9neA/PjA5DkA/foA/3tA6/vA8jvA4n3A4r3A9D5A8iABIeLBISNBPiUBKaVBLOgBLSgBOWwBISyBIiyBMeyBJa3BJi6BPu/BP6/BMDKBJbUBJrUBJfvBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
gently caress that card. It also takes the minion from their side of the board if you play the copy.

God, bring back res priest.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This was really silly. Sad I didn't get the 40 damage hit out of it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Luff posted:

Looks like we're getting rogue secrets again. Judging by the other reveals, I'm guessing we get a secret that generates coins or cheap spells to synergize with the miracle cards. Maybe some thief rogue secret generation too.

This card seems pretty meh. Very low tempo payoff for what will probably be a tempo deck. Janky enough for me to want to play it, though

uhh, you get to see their entire hand and pick a card to discard? That's a loving Thoughtseize, wtf this is nutty

fake edit:

goferchan posted:

4/3 for 3 with a targeted semi-discard effect seems extremely strong to me but I guess a lot depends on the quality of rogue secrets on offer, and what the odds are of being able to play one on curve and have it stick around for a turn.

edit: Dev confirmed on reddit you only get to pick from one of 3 randomly selected cards. Kind of baffling they didn't use Star Student Selina's templating: "Look at 3 cards in your opponent's hand. Shuffle one of them into their deck."

This is one of the worst things about this game, where the text on the card doesn't do what it says it should do because it's not pretty enough to fit in the text box.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Firebert posted:

loathe this

I can't wait for Dane to build a deck with this, Benedictus, Bloodweaver and Auctioneer and steal an opponent's entire deck.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
They did make a burgle secret card

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Luff posted:

They did make a burgle secret card

Now every class in wild has a chance of getting Ice block!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

this seems unbelievably broken, one of the strongest 2 drops ever made even disregarding infuse?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The Dormant is really messing with my ability to actually judge the power level of that card. The set of Dormant-1 units with Rush means I can assume this card's going to be at minimum really good, but I can't tell if it actually goes all the way to broken.

It is funny that Hunter gets two separate sets of __ Companions inspired by Animal Companion this expansion, though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Firebert posted:

this seems unbelievably broken, one of the strongest 2 drops ever made even disregarding infuse?

I can't really evaluate this. Like obviously the text on Stag Spirit is nuts but assuming you're playing on curve, you spend your second turn playing a vanilla 2/2 for 2, which already leaves you behind curve, then completely skip your third turn for a payoff that doesn't happen for 3 more turns. That said I haven't really played Hunter this expansion so maybe this fills a niche I don't understand, and I know the consistent flexibility from discovering between 3 options is valuable.

edit: Lol I completely misread this, sorry, "summon a random dormant wildseed" is cleary way different than "discover one". Now I'm even more confused about how good it is to be honest. Obviously you lose the flexibility of picking the one you need for the occasion but I think you're still getting pretty good value no matter what you roll. Card is probably pretty good

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 14, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The stag is strong but 3 turns is a long rear end time

By the way apparently it’s not the only Hunter card that summons Wildseeds, guess that’s their gimmick

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
more cards

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The opponent's discover for Suspicious Alchemist happens at the start of their turn.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Huh. This is pretty nuts in wild with Malchezar's Imp and discard synergy but it doesn't do much in standard.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The opponent's discover for Suspicious Alchemist happens at the start of their turn.

yeah same for the Suspicious Usher

seems we have a cycle of those cards

If they print a card that reduces the Dormant timers on the wildseeds that Poacher card will be absolutely nuts

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 14, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh no another Kael'thas :cripes:

minions make it much harder to abuse but come on....

e: skelly mage finisher...Kaelthas, Brann, Kelthuzad

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 14, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Probably pretty drat good in DH but I've been looking forward to playing Evolve Shaman and I think we found the moneyshot :getin:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh this got revealed too. Yeah that's definitely a good card for DH lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

goferchan posted:

Oh this got revealed too. Yeah that's definitely a good card for DH lol

odd DH support? neat.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RatHat posted:

Huh. This is pretty nuts in wild with Malchezar's Imp and discard synergy but it doesn't do much in standard.

Going to make fun Trolden videos with Tiny Knight of Evil

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

That's a pretty fun turn 9 imo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also usable to double up Denathrius on 10 mana

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
You would think that after it turned out to be a horrible idea every single previous time they did it, they would learn to stop printing cards like that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fun idea for priests

Void-touched attendant, kaelthas, brann, denathrius (assuming it counts "starting with itself")

quad denathrius

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Bremen posted:

You would think that after it turned out to be a horrible idea every single previous time they did it, they would learn to stop printing cards like that.

Whaddya mean? Iteration ftw :)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bremen posted:

To be fair at least you're limited by slots on the board with this guy, there's not really a way to go infinite like old Kael'Thas. Still a strong effect though especially in standard with Brann (and yeah, new Kael'Thas does count itself as the first of your 3 minions)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm ok with stupid designs, but why six mana?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I assume that it doesn't count itself, otherwise yeah that's insane

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bremen posted:

Bu... bu... but THIS TIME, IT WILL BE DIFFRENT!
YOU'LL SEE!

Narrator: It wasn't different.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I think I can understand their reasoning? One of their main goals this year has been making the board matter again, and outside of specific combo decks this kind of just feels like a way to build a big board fast in the late game. Part of why the original Kael'thas was so good is because all the 0-mana spells in Hearthstone are... actually good. You could go Kael'thas - Bogbeam - Bogbeam - Survival of the Fittest and doing something really useful while getting a game-winning effect down early. If you want to ramp something out with this Kael'thas on turn 6, you're playing cards like Desk Imp. You can't really ramp with this card while doing something useful until 7-10 mana, and at that point you could generally play that big minion normally.

And since you can't ramp with this card unless you're really investing in it because 0-mana minions are generally too bad to use outside the combo, what big thing are you using this to play? Existing finishers like the Demon Hunter card that replays all your Fel spells don't really care about your board. You could go Kael'thas - Pirate - Pirate - Mr Smite, but Smite only costs one mana more than Kael'thas in the first place. You probably don't need to go through the extra effort for lethal.

In other words, I only see two uses for Kael'thas: Either doing the Kael'thas - Brann - (useful one-cost minion if Kael doesn't count himself) - Big Battlecry minion combo that started this discussion (acknowledging that a lot of the time doubling that battlecry will probably be overkill and not worth fitting the necessary cards into your deck with the existing big battlecry minions), or building a really big board and daring your opponent to clear enough of it to survive. Which is still really powerful, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's as format-warping as the original Kael'thas was.

(Of course, all of this only applies to Standard. Wild, I weep for what wild poo poo this card will unleash upon you in its current form.)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYBdzduIiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Of course it'll be "starting with itself" for the first few months, they want people pre-ordering and buying packs.

The game being broken is a profit motive until the sales figures start dropping off.