Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

posted by /u/groomswarm

ahahahahahahhhaahahhhahaahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Baculus posted:

who? merkelchen who's eating crow and feigning melancholy?

innominate?

speaking of which, where the gently caress are you innominate? are you back to pretending you're not reading this?

this entire affair is your fault - the best spin your own colleagues could come up with was that you misinterpreted a harassment complaint and then didn't follow up... that's the BEST framing they could come up with. you are a human being with full agency, expecting to be in this like trusted leadership position, and you can't even acknowledge your own fuckup? every single person in this loving thread has done someone dirty by being lazy or not paying attention or just being normal and making a mistake - and the overwhelming majority of us own it when we gently caress up. we own our mistakes, we deal with the consequences, we learn and we grow. so where the gently caress is your slice of humble pie?

not only did you spout your stupid rear end nazi poo poo while getting shitfaced on someone else's discord - you had the actual loving balls to waltz in and loving pretend like you hadn't done anyone there dirty - knowing full loving well you had.

hats off to you man, hats off. you're a real piece of work.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:laffo:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
they removed it lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

they removed it lol

lol gently caress the police

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
UP YOURS, WOKE MORALISTS. WE’LL SEE WHO CANCELS WHO.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

learnincurve posted:

they removed it lol

people are probably mass reporting it so automod kicks in. jibrish usually fixes it.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Kazinsal posted:

As I understand it there were a few layers of "directorate" and the pedophile habouring cabal is the uppermost one and it wouldn't surprise me if "funny posters man" doesn't have eyes on that tier.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There certainly are a lot of former directors who all walked away with similar stories.

MiniLuv director 2014-2018, Illum director 2016-2018 here.

I think a lot of people find themselves thrust from positions of localized authority by assent to general authority by decree after displaying some degree of general competence. They don't ask for it, and generally it gets in the way of what they actually want to do, shoot mans in spaceship with friends. And so some portion of the directorate didn't really want to have anything to do with GSF/Imperium's leadership except the minimum required to continue to shoot man's in spaceship with friends.

It was very clear to me that MiniLuv was allowed to continue existing because we gave big headlines, operated 'strategically' and we'e self funded. It was also fairly clear to me that if we/I stepped out of line (by, say, asking why Xenuria was in the alliance), we would cease to exist, have a forced leadership change or have self funding plundered (lol good loving luck tho). So I did my TPS reports and attended these stupid Saturday meetings before the fireside and try to avoid any interaction with mittens because he was a weirdo creep who liked to dress people down in those 1 hr directorate meetings. (Side note, he reminds me a lot of C and Executive leadership at the megacorp I work for, from a leadership, not creep, perspective: vindictive and punitive and wantonly clout wielding).

I tried to make things better for the players I played with, I think importantly by making MiniLuv a safe space for queerswarm, by no questions asked airlocking anyone who used orientation slurs, proactively recruiting and working with queerswarm and having a No Xenuria rule, that I think someone broke after I left. I think a lot of people were focused on the good they could do themselves rather than fixing the big problems they could smell around them.

E: wording fix.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

poverty goat posted:

Y'all should have thrown mittani under the bus when he tried to have his ex wife's dog put to sleep while she was out of the country imo. If you're just learning now that he's a piece of poo poo you just haven't been paying attention

WHAT THE gently caress

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Normally you would think so but not if you give someone unfettered access.

But power of attorney surely isn't a blank cheque to just steal poo poo? I don't know about the States but here in Finland the main difference between embezzlement and stealing is if you control the asset. Like, if I came to your house at night and took your car from the front yard, that's be stealing. But if you gave me your car keys for a test drive and I sold it that'd be embezzlement.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This was quite a wild read.

I loved reading the book about EVE online you guys recommended me back in 2016-17 when I first came here to figure out the thread and loved having my little mining corp. I still think very fondly of the goons from the EVE thread from back then who were so incredibly pleasant and helpful to me and I genuinely had an amazing time (if short) messing around looking for cool star vistas and mining rocks to chillout music.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

So I did my TPS reports and attended these stupid Saturday meetings

God, gently caress those meetings. A huge part of why I abdicated my authority and went back to my farm was because I hate meetings. I can barely tolerate meetings when I'm being paid to attend them.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

I did just edit that post to reflect that I may not have gotten a totally accurate read on the events when they went down. Not that it vastly improves Mittani's position or changes my take.

poverty goat posted:

Y'all should have thrown mittani under the bus when he tried to have his ex wife's dog put to sleep while she was out of the country imo. If you're just learning now that he's a piece of poo poo you just haven't been paying attention

e: since everyone is quoting this, I may have gotten a bad read at the time regarding the dog being put to sleep. Maybe he just boarded the dog? Maybe there was concern it would be surrendered to a kill shelter. idk

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

VideoGames posted:

I loved reading the book about EVE online you guys recommended me back in 2016-17 when I first came here to figure out the thread and loved having my little mining corp. I still think very fondly of the goons from the EVE thread from back then who were so incredibly pleasant and helpful to me and I genuinely had an amazing time (if short) messing around looking for cool star vistas and mining rocks to chillout music.

Revive RVCMF

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was the 3 cats he sent to a kill shelter.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I posted what happened with Sitka (her dog) before but to reiterate. After having chosen the moment that his ex-wife was being threatened by the FSB in Russia who were preventing her from leaving, he took her money (which of course made the whole thing of getting out of Russia even harder), exposed having been cheating on her and starting divorce proceedings and refused to hand her dog over to local friends when she understandably no longer trusted him. Essentially it was 'my dog now'. As a result of this her dad drove from Alaska and got Sitka.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

i couldn't imagine doing that to cats. I got a street rescue a friend of mine brought to me a few years ago, poor thing was eating moths on the mean streets of far rockaway, NY and had his eye all swollen up and poo poo. Now he's a happy fat kitty who claws at me for attention whenever im on the computer. Named him biggie after biggie smalls, no troll

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

VideoGames posted:

If it helps, they just released an update that makes the stars look prettier. Now back to the :black101:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PathAsc posted:

Revive RVCMF

;)

over 6 years ago.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

VideoGames posted:

;)

over 6 years ago.

good times

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
if you let this man and his small circle of friends decide what you do in your spare time then you can just leave, hit da bricks, join brave, join a WH corp, form your own corp with the people you do small gang with, get your CEO to simply leave goons and keep your buddy structure intact. All this 30,000 goons to manage thing is just manipulation from a few people who enjoy the power and the e fame and don't want to delegate to member corps.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Man I love cats. Right now we’re messed up because a kitten got into my girlfriends engine last night and well. You know. This has been my morning. I’m upset.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

As I understand it there were a few layers of "directorate" and the pedophile habouring cabal is the uppermost one and it wouldn't surprise me if "funny posters man" doesn't have eyes on that tier.

I (icorion) was a close to founding member of the star chamber cum superfriends cabal up until my exile when I yelled at Darius too much for being a useless poo poo shortly after the victory against Band of Brothers... in late 2009? No one below superfriends knew anything we got up to, least of all the "Illuminati."

Back then, while we were all fairly terrible except for maybe knar, we were mostly terrible space people who manipulated and betrayed everyone for isk and power, made deals with computer criminals, and I’m pretty sure Darius buddied up to some people in organized crime. The worst I saw myself was one time I had to turn down an offer to cut an enemy FC’s power.

also slurs and edgy jokes galore.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 14, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man I love cats. Right now we’re messed up because a kitten got into my girlfriends engine last night and well. You know. This has been my morning. I’m upset.

gently caress im sorry

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rhymenoserous posted:

ughhh that's awful, sorry

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Raged posted:

Honest question FNLN, why did you sit on this on the Xeuria stuff for years if you had all this proof. I am glad he is gone, but why wait all these years?

We were quite literally told, by Mittens himself, that loving with Xenuria would get us kicked.

Everytime we brought it up. Which was a lot.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheWeedNumber posted:

gently caress im sorry

Pretty sure it’s the same one I spent a few hours trying to catch the other day. RIP kitty.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

corgski posted:

Yep, and what's impressive is that it's taken all three of them to add up to one lowtax.

Which is the one with overly sweaty feet that causes them to fall fistfirst into women?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I never really "got" The Imperium and have bounced off the game twice but still have assets in 1DQ1-A, what is the best way to extract without buying Omega?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i guess i ought to get back into eve

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dabigredboat posted:

I haven't played EVE in almost a year but since my name is being thrown into this for some reason, I'll come out and say it. Back when I joined goons, I was a complete and utter dick. I said horrible things, I participated in "edgy" things, some for money, some because I just followed others shamelessly. I did this because SA and Goons were my first online experience right out of highschool. I mirrored what I saw others doing. Oh, RHO Squad is doing this thing, I need to jump in on that to fit in. Some of the worst verbal abuse I ever saw though came during times when Darius and other old leaders would get drunk and do "slosh ops", the amount of horrible poo poo said back then was horrible. Back then I played EVE Online too much, I think at one point I played it some 12hrs a day.

Sorry for being such a dick dbrb & thanks for all the fleets in the south & delve 2 (I was taidetsu/miserysignals)

e: If anyone wants to reconnect w/ post-eve sigma squad friends, we are chilling here https://discord.gg/Dk3XECsR

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 14, 2022

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
DBRB got a structure shoot fleet to give me like 7 billion isk back in 2015 or something when I was a cute little newbie. I'll always have a soft spot for him for that.

On the other hand he made my friend read erotica on voice comms.

A land of contrasts.

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
is Koahi still cool and alive

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elusif II posted:

think so yeah

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Elusif II posted:

koahi is in sigma discord right now

come see us

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

TheWeedNumber posted:

did they put those backdoors in?

We can loving find out pretty easily

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Boatswain posted:

I never really "got" The Imperium and have bounced off the game twice but still have assets in 1DQ1-A, what is the best way to extract without buying Omega?

Just asset safety them. They will go to an low-sec NPC station in Irmalin. It will cost you 15% of the asset value to get your stuff out, then you can just hire black frog to ship your stuff where ever.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Rock Ventuuuuuuuure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Magugu posted:

Just asset safety them. They will go to an low-sec NPC station in Irmalin. It will cost you 15% of the asset value to get your stuff out, then you can just hire black frog to ship your stuff where ever.

This is unappealing for SO MANY reasons. Not least of which is most of us have been told to go gently caress ourselves by black frog a whole lot because yes I do have 20,000m3 that’s worth 25b.