Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is it me or is there maybe an audio track muted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I came away from the trailer feeling the whole film should be in Black and White. The ending shots where they're actually in the house are the best looking shots of the whole trailer. I have no idea what's up with the audio mix of this trailer too, blown out speaker vibes. I'm indifferent to negative on the Rob Zombie film universe but this is worse than I could've thought.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

That trailer is one of the worst things I have ever seen. There are better Sunny D commercials

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Is it me or is there maybe an audio track muted?

From the trailer house that brought you Tom Cruise's The Mummy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the colors don’t seem like the main problem, the problem is it looks like cheap DV. You can make the super garish cartoony look work but there’s something off.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're all saying things like"90s McDonald's commercial" like it's a bad thing, and I just don't understand

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, honestly, I'm all for it. It looks goofy as poo poo and perfectly in line with the show that it is based on.

Scuffy_1989
Jul 3, 2022

I'm going to stay with I think it was made to be in black and white.

vs

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Nah, removing the poo poo colours makes it look slightly less poo poo because the overall poo poo content has been reduced, but that’s not “better” just “less poo poo”. The ultimate improvement is turning off your monitor.

Actually kinda bummed out about that trailer. As a kid I was always a Munsters fan instead of Addams Family. Of course later I realised my mistake, but that was helped by there being multiple good takes of the other spooky family to draw from. I didn’t know a Munsters film was being made until that trailer popped up here and that just looks so wretched.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I mean they built (definitely) the Addams Family and (I think) the Munsters sets in garish colours that would best pick up in the greyscales that had available to their cameras of the time, so I can kinda see why they might have a gaudy set this time around..?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnmBz3IGik4

It looks like some 90's Canadian made for TV movie. Yikes.

Its 'Son of the Mask' instead of 'What we do in the Shadows'.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tim Whatley posted:

That trailer is one of the worst things I have ever seen. There are better Sunny D commercials

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgCqJDI_Nk

It feels silly to criticize any other trailer after the Munsters one, but this looks like a big bag of nothing. The dialogue is fortune cookie nonsense, and the big nostalgia moment at the end is walking. I can't believe how much money Amazon has dropped on this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It can't be any worse than Wheel of Time which reminded me of Xena in it's first episode. Unsure if it got any better after that.

We'll see how this goes - at least we don't have idiots here who are mad at the idea of black people existing in Middle-Earth.

Stay off Facebook.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Scuffy_1989 posted:

I'm going to stay with I think it was made to be in black and white.

vs

i think you're on to something here. it seems pretty likely to me

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

thrawn527 posted:

It feels silly to criticize any other trailer after the Munsters one, but this looks like a big bag of nothing. The dialogue is fortune cookie nonsense, and the big nostalgia moment at the end is walking. I can't believe how much money Amazon has dropped on this.
one of the weird things is how it's shot; some of those elvish dialogues literally look like something out of an npc conversation prompt in a videogame

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vintersorg posted:

It can't be any worse than Wheel of Time which reminded me of Xena in it's first episode. Unsure if it got any better after that.
I only saw the last episode of that show and was astounded at how bad it looked.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

kliras posted:

one of the weird things is how it's shot; some of those elvish dialogues literally look like something out of an npc conversation prompt in a videogame

You are not wrong, holy crap it looks uninspired.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Eh it looks fine to me. It's a teaser and if you're familiar with the time period in the Tolkien-verse in which it takes place it all kind of makes sense.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wheel of Time is decent, but uneven and yeah they definitely didn't have the budget to pull off what they wanted. I'm unsure that budget alone is going to save this, though.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
My main complaint is that it's insane that they've spent so much money on this show, and the costumes still look about a hundred times worse than the ones they made 20+ years ago for LotR.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i'm sorry, but i also have to quote the verbatim dialogue, as i was too caught up in the cinematography. that or my mind immediately drifted when they started talking:

Actual dialogue from the trailer posted:

- You have not seen what I have seen
- I have seen my share
- You have not seen ... what I have seen

c'mon, dude!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that poor dude looks like an oblivion elf lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kliras posted:

i'm sorry, but i also have to quote the verbatim dialogue, as i was too caught up in the cinematography. that or my mind immediately drifted when they started talking:

c'mon, dude!

The writers are getting paid per use of the word "seen". And they're getting paid well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Carthag Tuek posted:

that poor dude looks like an oblivion elf lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfKWHtNDGKU

Behold one of the greatest videos on the internet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kliras posted:

c'mon, dude!

Look, buddy. You have not seen what I have seen. Have you seen that dog wink at you outside the gas station this morning? Didn't think so.

I'm saddened by how done with LotR I've been since the Hobbit movies, I used to love that poo poo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m really confused, I didn’t see that Gray Man trailer when it was posted before but watched it now and it looks like a regular movie. But I just saw a ad on YouTube for it before something I’m watching and the whole thing looked like a video game cutscene. Like, uncanny valley rendering for the entire thing. I genuinely thought that’s what it was going to be until I tracked down the actual trailer. Naturally I now can’t find the clip on YT so will have to wait until it rolls around again, but it was really weird.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it not showing up in your history?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was a pre roll ad, so nope. I tried watching the same video again as sometimes that triggers the same ad but it didn’t this time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thrawn527 posted:

Looks ok to me. I will watch it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Could be, but I hate them for denying me the trifecta of Pig, Lamb, and Cow regardless.

Hmm? What's that about? Any good?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Would you prefer another movie about Spartans?

Hey women can be horrible too, okay?!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shageletic posted:

Hmm? What's that about? Any good?

Eehhhhhhhhhh

It's ok. Doesn't do enough with the hosed up premise.
"A childless couple discovers a mysterious newborn on their farm in Iceland." That's all i'll say - just go into it blind.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, honestly, I'm all for it. It looks goofy as poo poo and perfectly in line with the show that it is based on.

It just seems like an alien trying their best at human comedy

Vintersorg posted:

Eehhhhhhhhhh

It's ok. Doesn't do enough with the hosed up premise.
"A childless couple discovers a mysterious newborn on their farm in Iceland." That's all i'll say - just go into it blind.

Eh sounds like a skip

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who would have thought ten years ago that the Witcher TV show would be better than Star Wars and Lord of the Rings

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kiimo posted:

Who would have thought ten years ago that the Witcher TV show would be better than Star Wars and Lord of the Rings

Holy poo poo...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Obi-Wan show really was the biggest disappointment. Like, drat, how do you gently caress it up that bad. Lmao.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I straight up stopped watching, I don't know if I'd ever done that with a Star Wars property.

I mean, I finished The Courtship of Princess Leia ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I've developed an unconscious habit of exclaiming "Where did all the money go?!?!?" at my TV screen whenever I watch a show on Disney Plus or a fantasy epic on Amazon. It's getting more and more frantic.