Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Official Q&A about Immortal Empires:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsR80yh5aE

Some good info and some in-game video, including Lokhir’s victory conditions, Mannfred’s skill tree, and a reworked Vampire Counts tech tree. Confirmation that Norsca will become a regular settlement faction. Putting more kibosh on hopes for Ind and Khuresh getting filled out in the near future.

August 23 release date.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

99pct of germs posted:

isn't mortahi's province red climate for mazda tho?

It is, but the Ancient City of Quintex' landmark is really powerful regardless. And letting Morathi have it is not a good move. Also, after eliminating Morathi, the other LLs are the WE twins and Khatep, who are much easier to get along with.

Does that mean the Haunted Forest is not a magical forest? Or does Ghorst get magical forest as a green climate?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Torrannor posted:

It is, but the Ancient City of Quintex' landmark is really powerful regardless. And letting Morathi have it is not a good move. Also, after eliminating Morathi, the other LLs are the WE twins and Khatep, who are much easier to get along with.

Does that mean the Haunted Forest is not a magical forest? Or does Ghorst get magical forest as a green climate?

Isn't Ghorsts faction name like the Pilgrims of the Blue Rose? Might be neat if they got made into a Horde like Nakai or something.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Honestly I'm kind of glad Manny is down there for a Settra playthrough. It's an easy early game smash for the player.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It looks like some streamers have gotten the okay to release info about the Warriors of Chaos rework. So far, they’re allowed to talk about custom/multiplayer battle stuff. Here’s Zerkovich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDhKpHUijtQ

-The most important change: Chaos steeds now look big and sturdy enough to carry a huge guy in huge armor
-A new “marks” system will let them take units from the monogod factions, with some caps. The rosters will be even more extended in campaign
-Sigvald can lead a Slaanesh or WoC army in custom battles. Sarthorael can do the same with a Tzeentch army, but I’m not sure what’s the difference between him and an Exalted Lord of Change with metal, besides his model.
-New lord abilities. Archaon has a mixed lore of fire, death, and metal
-Big buff to Aspiring Champions.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I always found humans to be the most interesting groups in games filled with fantasy creatures and how the humans developed differently around those creatures or factions, so give me Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, Araby and whatever else.

Most fantasy creature factions have the problem where if you met one of them you've pretty much met all of them except a couple writer's pets because they are all defined by the same couple traits.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

here's some faction names that might provide clues?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Looks like the 4 DLC lords are WoC aligned with specific gods like Sigvald after all

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 14, 2022

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
The first three are Archaon, Kholek and Sigvald, and the Shadow Legion is of course Be'lakor.

"Legion of the Gorequeen" absolutely sounds like it's Valkia's faction. The rest I'm less sure about.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gorequeen is totally Valkya isn't it

Edit: gently caress

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dr Christmas posted:

Official Q&A about Immortal Empires:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsR80yh5aE

Some good info and some in-game video, including Lokhir’s victory conditions, Mannfred’s skill tree, and a reworked Vampire Counts tech tree. Confirmation that Norsca will become a regular settlement faction. Putting more kibosh on hopes for Ind and Khuresh getting filled out in the near future.

August 23 release date.

What do they mean with "unique settlements"? Something like the magical forests or the Galleon's Graveyard? It would be extremely cool to have more of them!

The victory conditions rework looks really good! The conditions for short victory are tied to your race faction, the conditions for long victory are tied to your race. So Lokhir has to capture the 5 coastal Cathayan provinces, and raze 30 settlements for the short victory. That very doable in a normal playthrough! For his long victory, he (or an ally) has to control the Shrine of Khaine plus the entirety of Eataine, and wipe out all the HE LL factions, that is Avelorn, Eataine, Nagarythe, Order of Loremasters, Yvresse and Knights of Caledor. And he has to occupy, loot or raze 75 settlements. That victory condition is shared with all the other DE LLs. It's certainly more work, but still easier than long victory in ME.

And don't forget that you get powerful buffs for achieving short and long victory. Taking your OP factions after you've won long victory is surely a ton of fun. You can then work on the "new" domination campaign victory, which is much more like the old long campaign victory. That is so say, you need to wipe out a majority of LL factions, it's truly absurd. I don't think I'll ever do this one, ore not more than once. But it doesn't matter, it's a great rework. And with getting incentives for completing the two shorter campaign victory conditions, I'll probably win a lot more of them.

The marketing for IE has been on point, I'm extremely hyped. August 23rd is ages away, I want to play IE now! :(

Edit: made an important correction!

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 14, 2022

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Ecstatic Legions is almost certainly Azazel, The Fecundites is almost certainly Festus, Puppets of Misrule is almost certainly Vilitch

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Are you excited for 2 months of hype to the point you get tierd of it one week from now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

Are you excited for 2 months of hype to the point you get tierd of it one week from now.

I mean I already bought the game :dumbrim:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Leal posted:

I mean I already bought the game :dumbrim:

I bought them all! I’m currently playing TWWH2! I’m excited for the launch!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Cant believe they are putting Festus the Leechlord in the game before Fartgort Bloatsizz

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I still haven't picked up 3 yet. I probably ought to run through the base campaign once or twice before IE comes out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Torrannor posted:

The victory conditions rework looks really good! The conditions for short victory are tied to your race, the conditions for long victory are tied to your race.
What?

Torrannor posted:

The marketing for IE has been on point, I'm extremely hyped. August 23rd is ages away, I want to play IE now! :(
Eh, after beta testing the WH3 base game I think I'll wait till next year for them to work out the kinks. No amount of hype is going to get me to install WH3 for another few months when the thing that they are hyping is publicly a beta and will probably be poo poo for a long time. I have a bad itch to play some sort of Total War but I've been burned CA so many times...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Twigand Berries posted:

Honestly I'm kind of glad Manny is down there for a Settra playthrough. It's an easy early game smash for the player.

Ngl Mannfred was always funner than Vlad/Izzy and he'll be even more more fun now.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Dr Christmas posted:

-A new “marks” system will let them take units from the monogod factions, with some caps. The rosters will be even more extended in campaign

It said there can be four "marked" units in an army, which is the same cap as with units from allied factions

not a bot fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 14, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh poo poo, they redid Tzeentch warriors!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mordja posted:

Oh poo poo, they redid Tzeentch warriors!
What will reddit melt down about next?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Franz fix for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfA2soZ0l9E

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Thanks for pointing out the mistake! Shorty victory is tied to your faction! Capturing all Cathayan ports only makes sense for Lokhir after all, not for Malekith or the other DE lords. But the long campaign victory conditions will be the same for all DE lords. So every LL will have personalized short victory conditions. If those follow Lokhir's example, short campaigns in IE will be shorter/easier than ME short campaigns, and also add more character to the various factions. Imrik for example will probably need to control Caledor plus the area around his starting position around the Tower of Vorag, and have bested all 5 dragons. Or even just 3 of the 5 dragons.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Eh, after beta testing the WH3 base game I think I'll wait till next year for them to work out the kinks. No amount of hype is going to get me to install WH3 for another few months when the thing that they are hyping is publicly a beta and will probably be poo poo for a long time. I have a bad itch to play some sort of Total War but I've been burned CA so many times...

Fair enough, but I wasn't overall too dissatisfied with the ME3 campaign. I'm not put off by the beta label, and thought that the explanation for why they are calling IE a beta made sense and reassured me. I think there are reasons to be wary of certain WH2 factions that got their reworks in the last year of it's development, since WH3 development apparently diverged at about that time. But most of the WH2 races should work fine in IE, and I'll just treat this as ME but bigger and at least partially better. I'm a bit sad that you don't share my hype as a fellow WH: Total War fan, but I hope that goon feedback after IE gets released will be reassuring for you.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What will reddit melt down about next?

It would be nice if they had a meltdown about the recruitment interface, global recruitment means you have to scroll through way too many units to get the ones you want, it's a messy interface.
And when they're at it, make it more clear what some units are good for. When I play woodelves I have no idea about the differences between all the units. Some clarification on what makes a specific regiment of renown better than the regular version wouldn't be bad either.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New, more distinct visual and audio effects for Death and Metal spells:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOrKiRllUg

Most notable is that Spirit Leech has its target menaced by a HUGE skeletal forearm, and Fate of Bjuna summons a floating skull with a deep, booming, carnival haunted house-rear end laugh.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Holy poo poo they are making me go old school. My first campaign was Manny.

e: spirit leech looks bad rear end

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 14, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Torrannor posted:

Thanks for pointing out the mistake! Shorty victory is tied to your faction! Capturing all Cathayan ports only makes sense for Lokhir after all, not for Malekith or the other DE lords. But the long campaign victory conditions will be the same for all DE lords. So every LL will have personalized short victory conditions. If those follow Lokhir's example, short campaigns in IE will be shorter/easier than ME short campaigns, and also add more character to the various factions. Imrik for example will probably need to control Caledor plus the area around his starting position around the Tower of Vorag, and have bested all 5 dragons. Or even just 3 of the 5 dragons.
Ah okay I get it now, thank you. Yes that does sound cool and good.

Torrannor posted:

Fair enough, but I wasn't overall too dissatisfied with the ME3 campaign. I'm not put off by the beta label, and thought that the explanation for why they are calling IE a beta made sense and reassured me. I think there are reasons to be wary of certain WH2 factions that got their reworks in the last year of it's development, since WH3 development apparently diverged at about that time. But most of the WH2 races should work fine in IE, and I'll just treat this as ME but bigger and at least partially better. I'm a bit sad that you don't share my hype as a fellow WH: Total War fan, but I hope that goon feedback after IE gets released will be reassuring for you.

Yeah dont get me wrong I'm not all doom and gloom and maybe I'll load up the game to check it out, especially because I want to see the QoL changes, but after stuff like the Weapon Strength bug that came with the Grom patch took 6+ months for CA to fix (I was using a temporary mod someone made to fix it) I am managing my expectations hard. I'm excited for the long term of IE but the short term might be rough so I'm just going to play other games for now. I hope they find a good solution to the frequency of settlement battles and the fact that their new settlement battles just really suck to some people. And fix janky poo poo like only the first greenskin in the faction list being able to call Waaaghs (usually Grimgrog) and that the AI doesnt suffer any penalties for failing after doubling the size of their faction via having double the army size for 20 turns because the Waaagh troops dont care if the host army is marching the wrong direction. And constant AI confederations faster and easier than the player can. And stupid anti-player bias. And bad tech trees and wildly inconsistent economies (Kislev vs Cathay, I am looking at you). And...

kanonvandekempen posted:

It would be nice if they had a meltdown about the recruitment interface, global recruitment means you have to scroll through way too many units to get the ones you want, it's a messy interface.
And when they're at it, make it more clear what some units are good for. When I play woodelves I have no idea about the differences between all the units. Some clarification on what makes a specific regiment of renown better than the regular version wouldn't be bad either.
I would welcome these kinds of meltdowns.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 14, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly I liked the old searing doom!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I was genuinely expecting the different Heralds but I would absolutely not turn my nose up at getting Valkia sooner rather than later, so I'm more than happy to be completely and utterly wrong on that front.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Twigand Berries posted:

Honestly I'm kind of glad Manny is down there for a Settra playthrough. It's an easy early game GRAVEYARD SMAAAAAASH for the player.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 14, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Holy poo poo that Fate of Bjuna with the goofy laugh owns so hard.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Golden hounds also looks much nicer now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I dont know posted:

Golden hounds also looks much nicer now.

Definitely part of the increased "physicallity" spells have undergone as the series has developed.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
What does Mannfred start with currently in game 2? I vaguely thought it was a Varghulf and a unit or two of grave guards.

I'm thinking of that Settra vs Mannfred matchup in the first 10 turns in a perfect vacuum. Skeletons vs skeletons will largely probably be a wash, so it largely will depend on those starters and what unique things they can recruit quickly.

Sphinx vs Varghulf goes to the sphinx. Iirc grave guard will take out nehekhara warriors or wash with tomb guard, but pretty handily body regular skeletons.

Early VC can break out wolves, bats, ghouls, maybe some cav. TK can break out archers, chariots, and maybe some light cav or horse archers. I think TK probably have the edge here

I don't know if it's still meta, but I remember Settra with a chariot swarm loving slapping. Chariots were always my MVP of early TK runs.

Overall, I think Settra has an edge, but not an insurmountable one. If Mannfred gets winds of Death or an early battle marker it becomes his game to lose.

This is also not accounting for the giant hordes of murder hobos on Settras north and east border. Functionally Settra isn't going to be able to fully commit to fighting everyone and he is going to get got.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mannfred is gonna be in the trailer when they release Nagash. He’s gonna open some tomb and bow down before Nagash, then hopefully Nagash looks at him and just immediately obliterates him and looks at the camera and says “Instead of Age of Sigmar there will be Age of Nagash” and it cuts to skeleton orcs chopping up chaos, skeleton skaven artillery, and then Nagash popping Archaon’s head off.

When the book sucks, go off book

Mannfred betrays everyone and enables Chaos to win in the end times because he’s a loving idiot

jokes fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 14, 2022

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

jokes posted:

Mannfred is gonna be in the trailer when they release Nagash. He’s gonna open some tomb and bow down before Nagash, then hopefully Nagash looks at him and just immediately obliterates him and looks at the camera and says “Instead of Age of Sigmar there will be Age of Nagash” and it cuts to skeleton orcs chopping up chaos, skeleton skaven artillery, and then Nagash popping Archaon’s head off.

When the book sucks, go off book

Mannfred betrays everyone and enables Chaos to win in the end times because he’s a loving idiot

In the warhammer one I had a VC campaign take territory in such a way that it looked like a giant skull eating the empire at one point zoomed out and it spoke to me and fortold this

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh my god they're doing WoC LLs. WoC is going from 3 to loving 8 LLs in one patch. Shiiiiiit yeah. Also, predictably, some on reddit are mad about this because they convinced themselves (sans any actual information, mind) that the LLs were going to be monogod only. So, you know, typical reddit.

Honestly WoC is sounding cooler and cooler. Hoping we get a ton of info on their rework tomorrow. I mean just going off of what info we've already been given, I'm on board, but now I want details. gently caress me up tomorrow, CA. I'm intrigued.

Haven't had a chance to watch the videos yet but they redid the Tzeentch warriors? Does that mean we're potentially going to see god-aligned warriors for Nurgle/Slaanesh eventually? Not sure, but drat do the Tzeentch warriors look cool.

This is looking like a drat good update, I hope they can land this plane.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

When manny raises the dead do they begin fighting each other because they're TKs? Like whoa you're not my tomb lord i'm going home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arghy posted:

When manny raises the dead do they begin fighting each other because they're TKs? Like whoa you're not my tomb lord i'm going home.

They do his bidding but they're SUPER sassy about it because being bound by Starscream is just THE WORST.

Also holy poo poo those Tzeentch warriors look dope. I await mods that let me field them on foot. That looks amazing.