Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The Petro nerfs might also be an indirect nerf to Goliath. There won’t be as many Petros and even if there are, more ships can dumpster it. Eg HIV pens it’s deck now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Does anybody have Mecklenburg? How is it?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

wdarkk posted:

Don’t have it buy my understanding is it’s like a bigger Pommern but without hydro and the lack of hydro kills my interest. But I dunno maybe it’s amazing!

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Now that the bonuses have been separated from the camos, I just went into my inventory and had a fire sale. Made like 150 million selling off goofy looking skins I would have never used otherwise. Shame ive basically lost any will to play this game now that I can afford to start up or finally finish new tech tree lines.

For anyone who is big on the Research Bureau, what is the most efficient way to earn points? I never really bothered to learn how it works. Can I get the 2x on each unique line or is it just the first time I reset one? Im sitting on 2million+ free exp and over 200m silver, so im sure I could bang out enough points to get like a Slava.

The European superdestroyer looks pretty absurd. 50% more dakka, and the option of shorter range torps with more dmg?

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Lakedaimon posted:

For anyone who is big on the Research Bureau, what is the most efficient way to earn points? I never really bothered to learn how it works. Can I get the 2x on each unique line or is it just the first time I reset one? Im sitting on 2million+ free exp and over 200m silver, so im sure I could bang out enough points to get like a Slava.

the fastest branch to blast through is the Harugumo line of IJN destroyers and if you have alot of FreeXP you just blast through the tree without buying the ships, then reset them again and keep repeating it. the research points per ships stacks per reset and isnt deleted so you could stack it up to x5 RP per ship and then buy and play them to cash in on the RP

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
It's never popular to praise WG, but the new economic system *so far* seems fantastic. The only questionmark for me is how easy it will be to obtain the new bonuses on an on-going basis but I have enough saved up that it might never be an issue (for me anyway). I have 17 more of those +805XP modifiers - my plan would be to keep around 5-6 of the best ones for +200FWB weekends and since I am never grinding the more than 1 tree at a time that should be enough. In the old system I was hoarding too many Dragon signals because I hated not using them unless all stacked or all on a +200FWB weekend.

But in terms of the approach, the translation from the old system, the reward from selling redundant camos - it's a 10/10 from me so far. I just got 17k xp in a 1.2k BXP loss in my Cherbourg. I also would rather see more naked ships in-game than some of the more ridiculous themed camos.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not a fan of T8 premiums only getting a +5% bonus to credits anymore. That feels like a kind of super lovely nerf.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm slightly baffled by the new system, I need to work out whats going on. No camo bonuses now?

Also Ranked is good, Goliath, Conquerer, Daring and Minotaur all seem good. Time to spread some colonisation.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not a fan of T8 premiums only getting a +5% bonus to credits anymore. That feels like a kind of super lovely nerf.

the -10% cost reduction to post-battle ship service cost has been replaced with a +5% credits in the new system

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Aramoro posted:

I'm slightly baffled by the new system, I need to work out whats going on. No camo bonuses now?

Also Ranked is good, Goliath, Conquerer, Daring and Minotaur all seem good. Time to spread some colonisation.

yes, all economic bonuses are now separate from all cosmetics. The concealment buff from camos is now just baked into every ship, and the +4% dispersion from camos is now just gone. The new system aims to be much more straightforward, because everything is based off of base xp instead of modified xp, so there's less confusion with having to run +XP modifiers on top of or instead of +fxp or +cxp modifiers etc. Now its just "want cxp? put on your big cxp econ modifier".

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

toadee posted:

yes, all economic bonuses are now separate from all cosmetics. The concealment buff from camos is now just baked into every ship, and the +4% dispersion from camos is now just gone. The new system aims to be much more straightforward, because everything is based off of base xp instead of modified xp, so there's less confusion with having to run +XP modifiers on top of or instead of +fxp or +cxp modifiers etc. Now its just "want cxp? put on your big cxp econ modifier".

ah ok that all seems much better. All the old system did was sometimes make me start a battle without camo if I ran out and hit Battle On

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Teron D Amun posted:

the -10% cost reduction to post-battle ship service cost has been replaced with a +5% credits in the new system

Yeah but didn't they used to have a way bigger credit income coefficient compared to tech tree ships? Or is that still hidden and in place? Because it would have been a lot bigger than +5% prior to this, even if the exact figures were hidden.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

wdarkk posted:

As someone who has it, I would recommend something else. I think the Meck is fun, the idea of a German bb that is actually accurate is fun, but other steel ships are better. For me, it came down a coinflip.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bought the Goliath with my camo selling gains, and the ship is indeed excellent. A better Drake.

Sadly your average Ranked players... Montana who never left the team spawn and has 1/3 of my XP has been spamming abusive messages at me for losing the game.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but didn't they used to have a way bigger credit income coefficient compared to tech tree ships? Or is that still hidden and in place? Because it would have been a lot bigger than +5% prior to this, even if the exact figures were hidden.

only T9 and T10 ship camos had that and special ones like the National camo for the Warspite for example

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Teron D Amun posted:

only T9 and T10 ship camos had that and special ones like the National camo for the Warspite for example

quote:

Benefits of premium ships and Tier X special ships:

No research required (all modules unlocked and mounted).
More creditsCredits earned in each battle (except Tier X ships).

vOv

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So can I just sell all these cammos now then? They are just cosmetics things now?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yup. I reaped a couple hundred million silver selling them all.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Feels weird to even type this but these changes in 11.6 seem absolutely fantastic so far. Being able to reap the big XP/CAPXP/FXP numbers without running everything is a very very welcome change. I've never converted ship XP, all my most played TX clan battle ships or TVII Narai farmers have huge amount of useless XP on them due to chasing FXP/CAPXP so being able to selectively use them is just great. The user interface is really nice and clean too, love having everything combat related on a single page now too.

Getting a cool 200mil for selling off the mountains of camo's in my inventory, also a very big bonus. Had a few games in the TX Marseilles, drat, that shits fun. Having a speedboost and reload booster really fulfil the promise of the line, can get into some very unexpected positions and deal big damage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's amazing that even though CVs are by design the simplest class in the game, they are still too complicated for so many pubbies. Oh what's this, our DD is capping and being harassed by the enemy CV? Better fly to the other side of the map to drop fighters for the blob of four ships hiding behind that island!

What I'm trying to say is, patch day ranked is loving WILD.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

masterpine posted:

Had a few games in the TX Marseilles, drat, that shits fun. Having a speedboost and reload booster really fulfil the promise of the line, can get into some very unexpected positions and deal big damage.

The Brest is a welcome and massive improvement over the Cherbourg which I maintain is one of the 5 worst ships in the game tier-for-tier. Only problem is, the kiting turret angles are bad and turret travers is very slow. I'm running travers mod over dispersion for that reason. But overall I like it a lot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

masterpine posted:

Feels weird to even type this but these changes in 11.6 seem absolutely fantastic so far. Being able to reap the big XP/CAPXP/FXP numbers without running everything is a very very welcome change. I've never converted ship XP, all my most played TX clan battle ships or TVII Narai farmers have huge amount of useless XP on them due to chasing FXP/CAPXP so being able to selectively use them is just great. The user interface is really nice and clean too, love having everything combat related on a single page now too.

Getting a cool 200mil for selling off the mountains of camo's in my inventory, also a very big bonus. Had a few games in the TX Marseilles, drat, that shits fun. Having a speedboost and reload booster really fulfil the promise of the line, can get into some very unexpected positions and deal big damage.

I would sell my camos except most the time the Armoury page wont open for me, just sits on teh spinner forever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aramoro posted:

I would sell my camos except most the time the Armoury page wont open for me, just sits on teh spinner forever.

Sell 'em from the inventory, not the armory. Click your name in-game, then select inventory, then go nuts.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Selling these has given me enough credits for another SS. I want to pick up a cruiser. If it foolish to go for Annpolis when everyone and their mother seems to be playing or complaining about Conde? Also has anyone seen Edgar or Clausewitz in the wild?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I just discovered the Schlieffen has long range torps. Ranked seems to be swamped by these things right now. They're making it hard to do well in my Des Moines as the yolo around, I need to work out a way around them.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's amazing that even though CVs are by design the simplest class in the game, they are still too complicated for so many pubbies. Oh what's this, our DD is capping and being harassed by the enemy CV? Better fly to the other side of the map to drop fighters for the blob of four ships hiding behind that island!

I do this all the time whenever I play a CV. The amount of rage it produces is legendary. The more people cry in chat, the stupider things I'll do. Sometimes I'll let my daughter play and just fly the planes around :shobon:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fighters do nothing hth

I mean literally if the enemy CV was a Nakimov or USSUS they really actually do nothing since the striking squad will leave before they tag

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's associated with the ship, not the camo. You still got the credit bonus if you put non default camo on your premium ship.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

James Garfield posted:

That's associated with the ship, not the camo. You still got the credit bonus if you put non default camo on your premium ship.

I'm not talking about camos or anything like that, I am talking about going to a T8 premium ship's economy view and seeing +5% credits.

E: gotta love T10 ranked, super fun and rewarding having a Roosevelt or Nakhimov in every other game. They should just have ranked be odd tiers with zero CVs or subs.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 15, 2022

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Is FDR really that bad? I fear Nakhimov much more and a competent Midway is far more likely to carry a game than FDR.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

kaesarsosei posted:

Annpolis or Conde? Also has anyone seen Edgar or Clausewitz in the wild?

The Analpolice is a monster, but requires some baseline level of functional brainpower to play more effectively than a Des Moines. It's like 1.1x a Des Moines. The Conde is an impressively broken ship. Overpowered speed, guns, armour and gimmicks. It's what Henri used to be before it got nerfed into the ground but with the addition of a 'click to win' burst fire against the average pubbie. It is disgusting. You'll feel dirty for playing it. It's a Tier 13 ship.

I've seen an Edgar around, it only lasted three minutes before being nuked so I guess it's a standard british cruiser. Big impact if played well I guess. I wonder if they'll wait a bit before releasing the next round of superships to do a few more balance passes on whats currently out there.

I dont see many FDR's around any more, Nakhimov is the preferred CV main/rapist ship. Why bother with slow tanky planes when there is a CV class that by design never actually loses planes in the first place? FDR dunks on BB's but the Nakh monsters everything. By the time an FDR squadron has turned around for the second torp run the Nakh has blasted you twice, lost zero planes and has a third squadron diving at you.

Having CV's in ranked sucks because the good ones run Matchmaking Monitor and will just nuke down the better players. There is nothing you can do to counter this. You simply die in 5ish minutes and hope the dregs of humanity that you unfortunately matchmade with can get you a star.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Guess I should have opened my Christmas boxes before the rework, feels like they didnt have much in them. Was hoping to get a pile of free exp or steel or premium time, but just economic bonuses until the last two. Did get a Poltava (looks ok - but the same tier as Sinop?!) and a Z-35 (looks bad with 6km torps and 7.7km detection).

Probably not going to play much until the anniversary event where they give you supercontainers for tier Xs (if they still do that).

Oh and I guess I no longer need to fly that awesome Memorial Day flag that gave 5% more credits/xp

Lakedaimon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 16, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I did some testing with T8 premiums and it looks like they may have some kind of hidden credit multiplier, which would be good but also baffling. If you're remaking the whole system, why not expose that number to the players?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The numbers are there. The box on the very left should show a credit bonus which gets added to whatever regular bonus you add. OG Missouri owners get a better one.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Made it into silver, not a great feat I know but still an ordeal for a mediocrity like me. I've been rotating between Marceau, Kleber and Smaland; my love for Smaland has cooled just a little bit due to how badly I play it how dependent it is on its speed boost and good positioning to not eat poo poo.

The French DDs let you get away with the most absurd things Marceau in particular does an almost unbelievable amount of damage at short to mid range. It feels like 4-5 good Marceau salvos will kill most DDs, which I'm sure can't be right, but goddamn do you deliver big chunks of damage.

I wonder if I should be taking RPF or Fearless Brawler for the last 4 pointer on Marceau.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

General Battuta posted:

Made it into silver, not a great feat I know but still an ordeal for a mediocrity like me. I've been rotating between Marceau, Kleber and Smaland; my love for Smaland has cooled just a little bit due to how badly I play it how dependent it is on its speed boost and good positioning to not eat poo poo.

The French DDs let you get away with the most absurd things Marceau in particular does an almost unbelievable amount of damage at short to mid range. It feels like 4-5 good Marceau salvos will kill most DDs, which I'm sure can't be right, but goddamn do you deliver big chunks of damage.

I wonder if I should be taking RPF or Fearless Brawler for the last 4 pointer on Marceau.

I still need to finish doing that, Daring has been a lot of fun. It feels like 90% of enemy DD have no idea how RN AP works.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

General Battuta posted:

Are you running a range build or a DPS build on your Marceau? My problem with the Marceau is that every time I play mine in Ranked, I'm playing against some Ragnar/Småland savant and just get absolutely dumpstered.

On a similar note, I have the Schlieffen unlocked. Worth it for Ranked? It feels like a full secondary Lütjens Schlieffen might be fun. But that would require retraining Lütjens from the Hindenburg. gently caress I wish WG would let me just pay like 5000 gold to be able to have premium-like commander usage on ships.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Schlieffen is cheating in ranked, it’s a monster. You should use at least a few neurons to avoid yoloing in pointlessly, but from everything I’ve seen it’s pretty dominant.

Marceau is one of the few ships that can match Smaland’s HE dpm. The trick is to make him chase you, or catch him with his speed boost down. Without boost Smaland is very slow and fairly frail. But if you’re forced to chase him with your lovely gun ballistics it probably won’t go so well.

e: alternately ignore the Smaland and kill her friends. She doesn’t have the ability to farm bigger ships safely that Marceau does

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Right - Smaland vs Marceau at long range comes down to if the Smaland has speed boost available, because the Marceau is going to struggle to hit. Closer in the Marceau has an edge but a lot comes down to the engagement angle. Marceau vs Ragnar heavily favors the Ragnar at any range unless the Marceau can use AP, which is hard to arrange. Marceau is also a ship that gets countered hard by Khabarovsk and Elbing, not that you see those too much in ranked. Same issue with armor and AP.

Really a lot comes down to how you get into things; I find when I play Marceau I’m usually trying to speed boost into an enemy dd where I can get a favorable trade/kill without eating a ton of fire from ships I didn’t realize were there. This in turn means it usually goes a lot better if I don’t immediately yolo in and instead wait for most enemies to be spotted first. For my playstyle I find concealment expert and fearless brawler to be my skills of choice, rather than AFT. Marceau can farm quite well with default range if you have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Are you running a range build or a DPS build on your Marceau? My problem with the Marceau is that every time I play mine in Ranked, I'm playing against some Ragnar/Småland savant and just get absolutely dumpstered.

I have just picked up Marceau and also have a Kleber. I keep meaning to set aside time to try and get good at these ships since they are regarded as so fun and OP, but just haven't got around to it. I am using Auyboyneau on both so have the range skill, which is practically mandatory for Marceau but probably overkill on Kleber. Smaland 1-1 is an even fight but no matter who wins, they will have lost 90% of their HP so as a Smaland player I tried to avoid that.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

On a similar note, I have the Schlieffen unlocked. Worth it for Ranked? It feels like a full secondary Lütjens Schlieffen might be fun. But that would require retraining Lütjens from the Hindenburg. gently caress I wish WG would let me just pay like 5000 gold to be able to have premium-like commander usage on ships.

Secondary BBs are much better in ranked than randoms, across the board. Shlieffen is also probably the Best ship for Brawls.