Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kchama posted:

I think Zodium was saying it because Mittens had been going to him, a literal child at the time, about it and implying Mittens had creepy reasons for doing so.

That was my read on it.

Right. I'm not calling The Mittani a pedophile, only saying that after learning that he, a person I thought was merely a somewhat sad PUA who was asking me, a child, for help planning their emigration to a poorer country, was also covering for xenuria, my views on that exchange are beginning to shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ChickenWing posted:

Identified with goons, not SA. We were useful, and until karmafleet happened we were the bulk of the CFC's numbers, and afterwards everyone knew the CFC/Imperium as "goons" and it'd have been pretty hard to change up that culture and outward appearance after so many years

I remember that change and I think thats when I got my first ban for railing against the idiot posters.

Also hi chickenwing, jokine here, good to see you bud

mpaarating fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 14, 2022

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Endie posted:

And I know it can be hard to leave a group that you've invested so much time in and where so many friends are, and seeing the vitriol and smears pointed at Blawrf and I will have made others shut up and stay put. I had a friend who would link me all the daily hateposts on reddit with outraged comments and although she meant well I just wanted to tell her to let me ignore them. It made waking up in the morning and wondering what the bullshit attack line of the day was a bit like remembering I had an operation that day, every day. The hard thing was the people in illum - some posting in this thread this week - who were pinging me saying "hey I hate what they're doing and I want you to know that," but who nonetheless stayed and did their spacejobs. I kept their secrets, though, because who else was going to volunteer to be Emmanuel Goldstein?

Is this 'It was all Endie' or 'Endie did nothing' version of you?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

lol, lmao

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man I love cats. Right now we’re messed up because a kitten got into my girlfriends engine last night and well. You know. This has been my morning. I’m upset.

gently caress I am so sorry to hear. :(

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

raminasi posted:

wanting to live on a boat

Because of the implication?

Keisari
May 24, 2011

raminasi posted:

Nah there haven't been any specific allegations like that. It's just being speculated about based on (protecting a child predator) + (being a sex pest) + (wanting to live on a boat) + (being willing to manipulate young people on the internet to get stuff he wants).

Is there somewhere where I can read on the sex pest thing? Because that's new to me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

You were worth it, friend.

And I know it can be hard to leave a group that you've invested so much time in and where so many friends are, and seeing the vitriol and smears pointed at Blawrf and I will have made others shut up and stay put. I had a friend who would link me all the daily hateposts on reddit with outraged comments and although she meant well I just wanted to tell her to let me ignore them. It made waking up in the morning and wondering what the bullshit attack line of the day was a bit like remembering I had an operation that day, every day. The hard thing was the people in illum - some posting in this thread this week - who were pinging me saying "hey I hate what they're doing and I want you to know that," but who nonetheless stayed and did their spacejobs. I kept their secrets, though, because who else was going to volunteer to be Emmanuel Goldstein?

Mind you it was worth it to see Jeffraider posting circles around poor, dumb, horribly-misled Sion.

Starting to regret not Jumping to BAT when I was using you as a sounding board for all my frustrations with the directors. But that whole WWB thing kicked off and I didn’t feel comfortable being just another rat fleeing a sinking ship.

Think about how things would have changed if mitten made you goonfleet CEO back in the day like you wanted (we’ve ironically never had our own corp representation in the directorate). We’d be seeing you take the corp elsewhere right now lmao.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Keisari posted:

Is there somewhere where I can read on the sex pest thing? Because that's new to me.

Further back in this thread and also on reddit there are a bunch of Facebook posts by women living in Madison Wisconsin sharing a picture of him and his name warning about groping people in public, rubbing his junk on them, etc.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Rhymenoserous posted:

Starting to regret not Jumping to BAT when I was using you as a sounding board for all my frustrations with the directors. But that whole WWB thing kicked off and I didn’t feel comfortable being just another rat fleeing a sinking ship.

Think about how things would have changed if mitten made you goonfleet CEO back in the day like you wanted (we’ve ironically never had our own corp representation in the directorate). We’d be seeing you take the corp elsewhere right now lmao.

Sadly, Endie quit and gave me the keys to Bat. Any old school goon interested in joining Bat Country in Horde, techwood is literally talking to me right now about recruiting again. We're up to 3 active players though, Braygo went to another corp sadly due to pochven being good.

Requirements: 20mil SP, ex EG/Bat, do your time in horde till you reach blessed beans. See if you like another corp better. I quit the recruiting team but always happy to help people get poo poo done in a hurry. Can always reach out to Kismeteer in game.

I'd love to see HVAC flying again. :)

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wut, I never wanted to be CEO, although I remember some "Endie quit because he wanted to be CEO" black propaganda after I left (as well as what Kismeteer said: I was either the laziest person who ever lived or a dark puppet-master behind every plot, depending on the day).

In fact, I remember quitting illum because some directors were using the broadcast tool to bully an under-18 kid. Mittens woke up and said "how does it look for my designated successor to quit in a rage without telling me first?" and suddenly a couple of ambitious types saw me as someone to take down, but I said that no Euro could be CEO: at that time we were a US TZ corp and alliance. That was before his widely-broadcasted ritalin/amphetamines/whatever experiments and he could actually be pretty drat good at emotional engagement back then.

Edit: he meant "without telling me first so I can fix it."

Edit again: oh wait me as GF CEO but mittens actually in charge. Lawl yeah I remember talking about that as a cultural purity thing. No way, in retrospect, would Mittens ever have seen that as anything but a plot against him in the brewing.

Endie fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 14, 2022

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Rhymenoserous posted:

I didn’t feel comfortable being just another rat fleeing a sinking ship.

You missed out on all of the fun that was PL

lol

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Foehammer007 posted:

lol

Why do I put up with abusive people. repeatedly. From my in-game bio.

2017/06/22 [14:53:58] Hedliner > but whatever im over it you can just go touch dicks with adversity or something now, lololol another feed
2017/06/22 [14:53:58] Hedliner > but after you're done just drink some bleach or something

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

You were worth it, friend.

Mind you it was worth it to see Jeffraider posting circles around poor, dumb, horribly-misled Sion.

how dumb was sion that even jeffraider could work him jesus christ

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Foehammer007 posted:

lol

PL was, at the point we joined, really good fun. Like EG every day, complete with an FC that sounded quite like Vee.

Then Binliner took over and wow horrible.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

how dumb was sion that even jeffraider could work him jesus christ

Look within your heart. You know the answer to this question.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Endie posted:

PL was, at the point we joined, really good fun. Like EG every day, complete with an FC that sounded quite like Vee.

Then Binliner took over and wow horrible.

boredom with eve and hedliner is why im leaving PL now tbqh. dreaded his fleets

Keisari
May 24, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Further back in this thread and also on reddit there are a bunch of Facebook posts by women living in Madison Wisconsin sharing a picture of him and his name warning about groping people in public, rubbing his junk on them, etc.

So uh, when did this surface? How did this not cause a huge storm before? Did this just come up? :dogstare:

EDIT: I mean, not caring about sexual harassment is one thing, doing it is another.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Look within your heart. You know the answer to this question.

I basically never interacted with him except to blow him off when he tried to make me fill out forms when I would moderate people but god drat what a boring dumbass

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Keisari posted:

So uh, when did this surface? How did this not cause a huge storm before? Did this just come up? :dogstare:

EDIT: I mean, not caring about sexual harassment is one thing, doing it is another.

Mittani apparently was real good at portraying every woman who hated him (AKA every woman in his life) as at fault for everything ever that even when it was brought up people just shrugged it off.

A lot like Lowtax.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 14, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Keisari posted:

we saw it in 2016(i think 2016) but it was mostly brushed off as like jilted ex poo poo

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
This exact idea was presented to the people who were convoing me about him. But it was their grievance, I was just the one who was told about it by other Madison people.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Kchama posted:

Mittani apparently was real good at portraying everyone woman who hated him (AKA every woman in his life) as at fault for everything ever that even when it was brought up people just shrugged it off.

A lot like Lowtax.

Yeah. Lowtax is not dead after all.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

we saw it in 2016(i think 2016) but it was mostly brushed off as like jilted ex poo poo

Yeah in terms of timing these allegations originally surfaced about 4 months after the whole divorce thing started.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

mpaarating posted:

I remember that change and I think thats when I got my first ban for railing against the idiot posters.

Also hi chickenwing, jokine here, good to see you bud

Rude of you to not make an outlandish claim in your post so I could say "u must be jokine" for the first time in half a decade

Hey brotato what's happening welcome to the shitshow

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goninzo posted:

Why do I put up with abusive people. repeatedly. From my in-game bio.

2017/06/22 [14:53:58] Hedliner > but whatever im over it you can just go touch dicks with adversity or something now, lololol another feed
2017/06/22 [14:53:58] Hedliner > but after you're done just drink some bleach or something

I just remembered the time at some PL meet that hedliner got into it with some super weird guy in Waffles who was probably on meth and hedliner ended getting choked out when they got into a fight

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Keisari posted:

For anyone who doesn't want to dig up links themselves, here are some:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027&userid=229569&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post524800045

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027&userid=229569&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post524805214

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vxql7s/hey_goons_found_your_organisational_problem_your/

raminasi fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 14, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mekchu posted:

I just remembered the time at some PL meet that hedliner got into it with some super weird guy in Waffles who was probably on meth and hedliner ended getting choked out when they got into a fight

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope HVAC, Rhymenoserous (who i think was in Top Goon when I was in it, or not i forget your EVE name but I wanna say it was SmilingVagrant) and um...Blazing something are all doing well and happy and away from the sexpest pedo-defender

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mekchu posted:

I hope HVAC, Rhymenoserous (who i think was in Top Goon when I was in it, or not i forget your EVE name but I wanna say it was SmilingVagrant) and um...Blazing something are all doing well and happy and away from the sexpest pedo-defender

BlazingBunny is doing good in PL atm

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Mekchu posted:

:staredog:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

please stop reminding me and the thread at large that the mittani lives in wisconsin. there's enough hosed up poo poo to deal with in this state ok

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ChickenWing posted:

Rude of you to not make an outlandish claim in your post so I could say "u must be jokine" for the first time in half a decade

Hey brotato what's happening welcome to the shitshow

someone created a shirley jokine character in game and I have half a mind to try to buy it smh

Also outlandish claim jokine only comes out past 9pm, I'm a family man after all

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheWeedNumber posted:

BlazingBunny is doing good in PL atm

Nah it was someone else...i forget who it was. He was one of the guys from the Albion Online Goons and has a husky avatar

I swear to god it happened because someone used Mumble on their phone to tell everyone on OG about it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please stop reminding me and the thread at large that the mittani lives in wisconsin. there's enough hosed up poo poo to deal with in this state ok

supposedly he moved to michigan

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

He's moved to Michigan iirc

e;fb

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

supposedly he moved to michigan

badgers b*tch

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Mekchu posted:

Topgoon owned. I didn't play a lot of contemporary eve but the ops with topgoon were the best.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Magugu posted:

Just asset safety them. They will go to an low-sec NPC station in Irmalin. It will cost you 15% of the asset value to get your stuff out, then you can just hire black frog to ship your stuff where ever.

what about ships? Presumably this wouldn't work. And would involve logging in

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009