Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

glad he made it to America after his detention in March

https://twitter.com/sietediasoaxaca/status/1510012792904077317

quote:

Policía Estatal de Oaxaca detains two migrants of Chinese origin and retrieves stolen motorcycle in the #Istmo

Elements of the SSP Oax State Police detained in the Istmo two migrants of Chinese origin named Linghu Changbing and Ye Xiaofeng with irregular stay in #Mexico.

According to the police report, the arrest was made when both migrants were traveling on board an Italika 150 motorcycle, gray in the San Francisco del Mar stretch to Santa Cruz and these were intercepted by the police for a Routine review however both no they were able to check their legal stay in the country.

For this situation they were insured together with their engine unit and transferred to the National Institute of Migration (INM) based in Santiago Niltepec for their legal deportation process.

It is important to mention that in the same jurisdiction where the two migrants were detained, but over the terrace gap leading from Santa Cruz, San Francisco del Mar to Huamúchil on the edge of a sidewalk, a motorcycle was located to bandonada, brand Italika with serial number 3scpzwdexj1017340 la which submitted a report of theft so it was insured and made available to the local prosecutor's office of Juchitán de Zaragoza, #Oaxaca.

hosed up that RFA would use his real name in the article. here’s the motorcycle diary Twitter that was mentioned in it

https://twitter.com/linghuchangb/status/1547026546090811392

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 01:31 on Jul 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if I found out all the powerful people in my country are in the communist party I'd simply join the communist party

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rutibex posted:

if I found out all the powerful people in my country are in the communist party I'd simply join the communist party

how about the child molestation party?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Delta-Wye posted:

how about the child molestation party?

no I don't like capitalism

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

A wave of regulatory policies targeting the private sector, most notably private education and China's tech giants, has has also taken its toll on the perception of the level prosperity and freedom that is realistically achievable for regular Chinese citizens

Meng's Shanghai business has downsized from 140 employees to around 50 in recent years.

"I deal with local officials and am affected by this ... there are too many examples of unreasonable stuff that makes life difficult," he said, adding that he is ready to dispose of some 10 million yuan in assets and leave the country for good.

very regular citizens with 140 employees and 10 million of assets

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

very regular citizens with 140 employees and 10 million of assets

good i hope they get out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I just want to work super hard and do whatever it takes to get rich asap. except join the CCP I will do anything for rmb but I won’t do that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Where is
?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Shanghai is a big city on the coast of China

(?? It's in the rfa article on the previous page)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Shanghai is a big city on the coast of China

(?? It's in the rfa article on the previous page)

I was making a joke about the phrase sounding like Peng Shuai

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Selling all my possessions and converting them into uncut diamonds that I conceal in the liner of my jacket like I'm sneaking out of nazi germany and then immediately being waved through airport security and hopping on a first class flight

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goon Boots posted:

one i've seen recommended is this

https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary

not an app specifically, but a website

Just use Pleco.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Pleco is awesome. Has a bunch of optional add-ons for other functions too.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Pleco is awesome. Has a bunch of optional add-ons for other functions too.

just yse pleco

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah add one more to the tally for pleco. It even manages to figure out my helpless squiggling as I try to recreate characters i don't know the stroke order of.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you idiots talking about blockbusters when the REAL chinese cinema is in the indie scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruU42FwS2tU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Real Chinese cinema is on Tiktok, in the form of recipe videos that somehow have the plots of wuxia epics.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Those are great

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

Just use Pleco.

lol looks like you have to pay for stuff that mdbg provides for free

i believe laozi said something about paying for things when you don't need to

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
gently caress yes the crafter of horns is back

https://twitter.com/HeheWaitWhut/status/1547241557534773248?t=4yhecWCi_L8n2nPvb4FlHQ&s=08

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1547590251551399936

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

https://twitter.com/marcone1994/status/1547592500969230337?s=20&t=2SfHOBio3wNWgf3OrTd2mg

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The IMF? How many divisions do they have?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

imf openly calling for chinese mass death

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

capital just inanely pissed that a country doesn’t want all its people to get covid.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

The IMF? How many divisions do they have?

how many divisions is tom cruise

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
the continued adherence to covid zero makes me so optimistic for China’s future

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerekJGrossman/status/1547575315962114051

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bah gawd that's the CIA's music!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

indigi posted:

didnt they recently relax their quarantine rules?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

indigi posted:

it baffles people in D&D how an authoritarian government won’t physically jab elderly vax skeptics against their will while they will enforce quarantines. it’s like the idea of social consent and consensus is non existent

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Popoto posted:

I think they’ve allowed people identified as close contacts who have a child under 12 to quarantine at home until they have multiple negative pcr tests

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

it baffles people in D&D how an authoritarian government won’t physically jab elderly vax skeptics against their will while they will enforce quarantines. it’s like the idea of social consent and consensus is non existent

My favorite is the conspiracy theory that the PRC is rolling millions of corpses up in old rugs and hiding them from all the satellites.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/1547266361411395584?t=fMmVn4mHD7TE-NPqvz5EIg&s=19

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Popoto posted:

reduced quarnatine from 3 weeks + 1 week at home to 1 week + 3 days at home.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

this guy is so weird

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Preserving classic games is a much more worthy endeavor than his main plank, at least. The video game industry has a major problem with documenting and preserving its own history.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
what’s his main plank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

indigi posted:

what’s his main plank

a pretty sussy emphasis on guaranteeing "freedom of expression" in art, which, knowing his body of work is probably not driven by wholesome reasons like protecting queer & minority expression.