Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Darth Brooks posted:

I enjoyed L&T the longer it went on. The start was wacky overload but when the story got more serious it got good.

I was genuinely touched by the end hospital scene where Thor calls Mjolnir "that dammed hammer" after spending the movie pinning for it.

I am going thru chemo and at one point my wife asked me if the movie was striking too close to home.

Wishing you the best during treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Darth Brooks posted:

I enjoyed L&T the longer it went on. The start was wacky overload but when the story got more serious it got good.

I was genuinely touched by the end hospital scene where Thor calls Mjolnir "that dammed hammer" after spending the movie pinning for it.

I am going thru chemo and at one point my wife asked me if the movie was striking too close to home.

Take care, chief.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Darth Brooks posted:

Good luck man. We're all rooting for you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
best of luck db

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm near the end of treatment and it looks like the cancer is gone or nearly gone.

Regarding Jane's storyline, in the comics didn't Mjolnir interfere with her treatment?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm near the end of treatment and it looks like the cancer is gone or nearly gone.

Regarding Jane's storyline, in the comics didn't Mjolnir interfere with her treatment?

In the comics, every time she Thored up Mjolnir purged the chemo drugs from her system because that's a toxin foreign to her body. The cancer unfortunately was part of her, so Mjolnir left it alone.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Darth Brooks posted:

That's good to hear!

And yeah, it basically reset her to baseline in a "Heal all wounds" kind of way, but that also cleared all the chemo out of her body but left the cancer since it's technically part of her. They kind of did that in the movie but it seemed glossed over

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Opopanax posted:

That's good to hear!

And yeah, it basically reset her to baseline in a "Heal all wounds" kind of way, but that also cleared all the chemo out of her body but left the cancer since it's technically part of her. They kind of did that in the movie but it seemed glossed over

In the movie they just say the transformation into Thor takes so much out of her there's no strength left to fight the cancer. Mjolnir just doesn't have the healing properties.

I guess this was a way to take the option of her just never reverting from Thor Mode off the table.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

In the movie they just say the transformation into Thor takes so much out of her there's no strength left to fight the cancer. Mjolnir just doesn't have the healing properties.

I guess this was a way to take the option of her just never reverting from Thor Mode off the table.

Do they? I could've sworn that Thor explains to her that Mjolnir is pushing the chemo out to protect her. But maybe I picked that up from one of the Easter Egg videos on YouTube.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Do they? I could've sworn that Thor explains to her that Mjolnir is pushing the chemo out to protect her. But maybe I picked that up from one of the Easter Egg videos on YouTube.

I can't recall if it was explicitly stated, but it was certainly heavily implied. Being a Marvel movie, I'm betting they did actually say it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nah, I was listening explicitly for that part, but it wasn't in the film; Mjolnir itself drains Jane's energy to use. There's nothing in the film about it getting rid of her treatment.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think they probably just didn't want to openly refer to chemo, a live saving medicine, as an unnatural toxin (even if technically it's true) given our current political climate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Adam Scott has now joined the cast for Sony's Madame Web movie. No information on who he is playing which seems to be a running theme with this movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'd love to see Adam Scott in a superhero movie!

*monkey paw curls*

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Adam Scott has now joined the cast for Sony's Madame Web movie. No information on who he is playing which seems to be a running theme with this movie.

My brain read that as ‘Scott Adams,’ that was a fun fifteen seconds. Also completely in character for Sony, trying as hard as they can to gently caress up their own films.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Lobok posted:

*monkey paw curls*

Yeah I’ve always loved him but after seeing Severance I could see him giving an absolute powerhouse performance as a complex superhero. Hopefully this doesn’t count him out for other stuff.

In similar wheelhouses, I’m surprised Mantzoukas hasn’t popped up in the MCU yet. Or Ben Schwartz.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scott would an awesome grown up Parker if they went that route.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lobok posted:

*monkey paw curls*

"I am inevitable."

Thanos snaps his fingers. Nothing happens. In horror, he sees his Gauntlet empty. He looks over to see Adam Scott sitting at a table with his own filled Infinity Gauntlet.

“Oh, no, no, no, you’re a smart guy, clearly picked up some flashy tricks, but you made one crucial mistake. You forgot about the essence of the game. It’s about the stones.”

Star-Lord has no idea what's going on, but is extremely excited.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You know, I actually think that the Madame Web thing might turn out good. If the rumors are true about that title just being like a smokescreen and it turns out to be a Spider-Girl or Spider-Woman movie, that might work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also James Gunn has clarified that Thor will not show up in Guardians 3.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good. I hate Thor now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Makes sense, they pretty well wrapped that up in Love and Thunder.
Although at this point I kind of assume anything anyone from Marvel says is a lie to throw us off so maybe he's in the entire movie :tinfoil:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love & Thunder made it pretty clear that he's way too overpowered to be on that team.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I expected more to come from their pairing in the movie or overall. Felt like a "Well the characters ended here last movie so we gotta address that before moving on, let's do it quick."

But it also feels like a comic book cameo so it's still fine? Probably all the actors in heavy makeup got paid well for it.

I love how much all the actors seem to enjoy those roles. Nebula screaming that it's time to go; she doesn't have the time or patience for someone like Thor.

Hell I just really love Nebula as a character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like I always kind of read Thor/Guardians as him hitching a ride and leaning on them while he picked himself back up. Just a rebound team until he found something real. So I’m not surprised there’s no Thor and Guardians movie. There’s only so much you can do with Thor emasculating Quill. But I guess I did kind of thought they’d slip him into the holiday special or some extra videos.

I mean Gunn said he’s not in Guardians 3 but did he say he’s not in the holiday special? That seems like the lighthearted thing that fits.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I expected more to come from their pairing in the movie or overall. Felt like a "Well the characters ended here last movie so we gotta address that before moving on, let's do it quick."

But it also feels like a comic book cameo so it's still fine? Probably all the actors in heavy makeup got paid well for it.

I love how much all the actors seem to enjoy those roles. Nebula screaming that it's time to go; she doesn't have the time or patience for someone like Thor.

Hell I just really love Nebula as a character.

I want a one shot show or short series of Nebula on Earth just dealing with mundane poo poo and having zero patience for it. Have her go speed dating or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like I always kind of read Thor/Guardians as him hitching a ride and leaning on them while he picked himself back up. Just a rebound team until he found something real. So I’m not surprised there’s no Thor and Guardians movie. There’s only so much you can do with Thor emasculating Quill. But I guess I did kind of thought they’d slip him into the holiday special or some extra videos.

I mean Gunn said he’s not in Guardians 3 but did he say he’s not in the holiday special? That seems like the lighthearted thing that fits.

I feel like Gunn is only interested in telling the story of his Guardians, and Thor just isn't a part of that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soonmot posted:

I want a one shot show or short series of Nebula on Earth just dealing with mundane poo poo and having zero patience for it. Have her go speed dating or something.

i can't believe Thor didn't introduce her to Valkyrie

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

I feel like Gunn is only interested in telling the story of his Guardians, and Thor just isn't a part of that.

I don’t think he is either. And yeah I think it makes sense not to squeeze him in especially if it’s the finale for Gunn/this team. But it does seem like there’s a little light fun to be had and the holiday special seems like a good place for that.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm curious how quickly they're going to dismiss the Guardians' mission checking in about dead gods in Vol. 3.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Isn't Guardians 3 going to be pre-Infinity War? So Thor wouldn't be in it because it's before they met?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Fezz posted:

Isn't Guardians 3 going to be pre-Infinity War? So Thor wouldn't be in it because it's before they met?

No. It takes place in the "normal" chronology following Love and Thunder. It's about the creation Adam Warlock.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

No. It takes place in the "normal" chronology following Love and Thunder. It's about the creation Adam Warlock.

I hope you’re right, otherwise James Gunn is going to show up and talk poo poo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Plus Gamora isn't supposed to be in it at all (she's definitely going to be in it)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

I don’t think he is either. And yeah I think it makes sense not to squeeze him in especially if it’s the finale for Gunn/this team. But it does seem like there’s a little light fun to be had and the holiday special seems like a good place for that.

From I understood the Christmas special was just something they shot while filming 3. So if Thors in it would have to be a quick green screen cameo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of expect that special to have a number of green screen cameos like those recent cruise clips we saw. Like it seems like you don't do a MCU Christmas Special without guest stars. I'm kind of expecting a sendup of the old classic Christmas specials.

But maybe its just like a random Doctor Who esque story? I dunno.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The point is a riff on the Star Wars Holiday Special, so I hope it's completely baffling and all the cameos make no sense.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Arist posted:

The point is a riff on the Star Wars Holiday Special, so I hope it's completely baffling and all the cameos make no sense.

Yeah I hope the cameos are like Leslie Jordan and Mariska Hargitay or something.

Or Ed O'Neil in drag.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Arist posted:

Adult Groot but it’s just Vin Diesel with Groot head makeup and red robe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Kim Catrall as a space bartender doing a musical number that is somehow the best part