Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

This is one of my favorite eve videos and also one of the most fun fleets I've ever been on.

Edit : Mimi Coleslaw for CEO of Goonfleet.

Edit2 : wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?YmC6L_cYP10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

schwaboy
Jul 19, 2004
Uncle Nuts

DaiTengu posted:

If there's anything to come out of this thread, it's the warm fuzzy feelings I get from people thanking others for poo poo that happened a decade ago. :glomp:

Well then, thanks for driving me back to my hotel that night when I was waaaaaay to hosed up to even call a cab. :D

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

sheepdemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

This is one of my favorite eve videos and also one of the most fun fleets I've ever been on.

Edit : Mimi Coleslaw for CEO of Goonfleet.

Edit2 : wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shorts?YmC6L_cYP10

2nd link dead, can you relink?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

:rip:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

The only thing that will, under any circumstances, get me to log in and play again is if Hole Violence is handed over to someone in Delta Sqad, and it goes off to join [PRISM].

i'll leave bigab for this

e: although perhaps we can workshop something a little better than "hole violence"

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

e: although perhaps we can workshop something a little better than "hole violence"

Violent hole?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Stereotype posted:

lol I got airlocked for calling mittens a sex pest

mittens unbanned my goonfleet.com account sometime after schaden passed so I could do some remembrance fleets (actually grateful for that I was surprised by the amount of time I needed with buds to mourn). I just got banned for reposting all the logs in theadj's pr control thread in the war room. Seems like a fitting way to get permabanned.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

learnincurve posted:

It's also a talent drain coupled with a huge number of people who would at this point, if the horn of goondor sounded, join the other side.

Honestly I'd expect more apathy than turning coat. You forget, there may be rot at the core but the Imperium is still broadly less lovely than a lot of the other fuckers we've fought over the years

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

I was told I can bring it back whenever I wanted. I just never had that kind of spare time. Not everyone can be Treph, wife firing out another kid every week yet still playing 18 hours a day.

:allears: Treph was great. I quit late 2012 and never knew Topgoon got ripped, sad to hear.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Hole Violents

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Whole Violins.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kchama posted:

Whole Violins.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kchama posted:

Whole Violins.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

TheWeedNumber posted:

2nd link dead, can you relink?

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/YmC6L_cYP10

I dont think the auto-parser likes shorts

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

Honestly I'd expect more apathy than turning coat. You forget, there may be rot at the core but the Imperium is still broadly less lovely than a lot of the other fuckers we've fought over the years

Idk how the imperium can be called "less lovely" rn after putting a known pedophile on the csm as a joke and airlocking women who complain about abuse but ok

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ChickenWing posted:

Hole Violents

Hole Violets? Softer, yet still hole focused

I really appreciate this bringing together of the true great minds of eve

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jenrai posted:

Idk how the imperium can be called "less lovely" rn after putting a known pedophile on the csm as a joke and airlocking women who complain about abuse but ok

Because we used to have all that plus lots more of "ironic" racism and getting into the kitchen jokes.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

DaiTengu posted:

If there's anything to come out of this thread, it's the warm fuzzy feelings I get from people thanking others for poo poo that happened a decade ago. :glomp:

It's a really nice thing to have come out of some gross events.

Edit: there's also a really tasty and enjoyable 2009-era fleet in here.

Endie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 14, 2022

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Because we used to have all that plus lots more of "ironic" racism and getting into the kitchen jokes.

Sorry, I phrased it poorly - the post I quoted said "less lovely than other folks" and while I broadly agree that basically every nullbloc is utter trash I also question trying to stand on top of that heap rn

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Jenrai posted:

That kinda gives you an idea about the people we've been fighting. ElitestOps left the first time largely because they could still be "ironically racist" in PL.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Endie posted:

PL was, at the point we joined, really good fun. Like EG every day, complete with an FC that sounded quite like Vee.

Then Binliner took over and wow horrible.

Definitely had a great time before binliner came back. Hope you’re doing well Endie.

schwaboy
Jul 19, 2004
Uncle Nuts

Endie posted:

Jeffraider

Not exactly a shining example of anti-bigotry and virtue, himself.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Baculus posted:

who? merkelchen who's eating crow and feigning melancholy?

innominate?

speaking of which, where the gently caress are you innominate? are you back to pretending you're not reading this?

this entire affair is your fault - the best spin your own colleagues could come up with was that you misinterpreted a harassment complaint and then didn't follow up... that's the BEST framing they could come up with. you are a human being with full agency, expecting to be in this like trusted leadership position, and you can't even acknowledge your own fuckup? every single person in this loving thread has done someone dirty by being lazy or not paying attention or just being normal and making a mistake - and the overwhelming majority of us own it when we gently caress up. we own our mistakes, we deal with the consequences, we learn and we grow. so where the gently caress is your slice of humble pie?

not only did you spout your stupid rear end nazi poo poo while getting shitfaced on someone else's discord - you had the actual loving balls to waltz in and loving pretend like you hadn't done anyone there dirty - knowing full loving well you had.

hats off to you man, hats off. you're a real piece of work.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

schwaboy posted:

Not exactly a shining example of anti-bigotry and virtue, himself.

Such paladins were sparse in Eve back then.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Hole Sqad [SV.H]

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

It's a really nice thing to have come out of some gross events.

Edit: there's also a really tasty and enjoyable 2009-era fleet in here.

We can always ~schism~

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://groomswarm.wtf/

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Rhymenoserous posted:

We can always ~schism~

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Endie posted:

Such paladins were sparse in Eve back then.

Fartarse from UK corp was/is an actual treasure I don't know what happened to him but he could have taken Angry Moustache to school on his worst day without using a single bad word.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rhymenoserous posted:

We can always ~schism~

ngl, Im lowkey interested in this

:psyduck: this needs a background midi and a Netscape Navigator download link to be a complete trip back to the 90s

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Rhymenoserous posted:

We can always ~schism~

Eastern Orthodox Goonswarm

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Micromancer posted:

:psyduck: this needs a background midi and a Netscape Navigator download link to be a complete trip back to the 90s
stop describing the greatest era of internet

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

p good summary. might be nice if it had all the more recent FNLN chatlogs and a summary of that situation but I can also understand hesitation to potentially open the victim there to more harassment

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
posting on the something awful forums for the first time in a decade to say gently caress the mittani, I feel like an idiot for spending any time in GSF after the horn was blown, and that I wish I hadn't been auto-purged since then so I could drop corp now.

I never really got in deep, but I went to a couple of the Madison meetups a couple of times in 2011ish since I happened to be local and I'm grateful for the folks in this thread who were awfully kind to my clueless kid rear end back then. I think about that a lot. Hope everyone is doing ok.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I too was airlocked for the crime of asking, no demanding, that Mittani resign. Avenge me

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I too was airlocked for the crime of asking, no demanding, that Mittani resign. Avenge me

Gotta airlock the dissidents so nobody can hold him to account!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Jenrai posted:

Sorry, I phrased it poorly - the post I quoted said "less lovely than other folks" and while I broadly agree that basically every nullbloc is utter trash I also question trying to stand on top of that heap rn

I stand by what I said. I have trouble believing that many people in other large blocs would have mustered up nearly a fraction of the outrage we have over a similar incident.

Not trying by any stretch to say the Imperium is not poo poo, but by god it's still near the top of the shitheap