Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

might gently caress around and redownload eve just to poo poo up 1dq local but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I too was airlocked for the crime of asking, no demanding, that Mittani resign. Avenge me

I think it's save to say, he won't be handing the reigns over to anyone else. Far better to watch the whole thing collapse and burn I guess.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
The Rest of EVE should reinvade so we can topple this shitheap. Not that Rest of EVE is much better, but Mittens sandcastle needs kicking.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Baculus posted:

who? merkelchen who's eating crow and feigning melancholy?

innominate?

speaking of which, where the gently caress are you innominate? are you back to pretending you're not reading this?

this entire affair is your fault - the best spin your own colleagues could come up with was that you misinterpreted a harassment complaint and then didn't follow up... that's the BEST framing they could come up with. you are a human being with full agency, expecting to be in this like trusted leadership position, and you can't even acknowledge your own fuckup? every single person in this loving thread has done someone dirty by being lazy or not paying attention or just being normal and making a mistake - and the overwhelming majority of us own it when we gently caress up. we own our mistakes, we deal with the consequences, we learn and we grow. so where the gently caress is your slice of humble pie?

not only did you spout your stupid rear end nazi poo poo while getting shitfaced on someone else's discord - you had the actual loving balls to waltz in and loving pretend like you hadn't done anyone there dirty - knowing full loving well you had.

hats off to you man, hats off. you're a real piece of work.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I should log in my super cap chars and let whoever lives in Dek get some free kills.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hailthefish posted:

might gently caress around and redownload eve just to poo poo up 1dq local but :effort:

This is a good idea, I haven't removed eve so I'll do it in local in your honor

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

hailthefish posted:

Just use EVE Anywhere if it's available to you

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Jenrai posted:

Just use EVE Anywhere if it's available to you

think that poo poo requires you to be subbed just fyi

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

chupacabraTERROR posted:

The Rest of EVE should reinvade so we can topple this shitheap. Not that Rest of EVE is much better, but Mittens sandcastle needs kicking.

If I was playing and in any kind of organization, now would be a really fun time to play around in goonspace.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

TheWeedNumber posted:

It does now, yes.

Or you can pay I think it was like 10 plex per day or something stupid like that.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lmao

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

TheWeedNumber posted:

Oh, rip

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jesus gently caress, even the pubbies in starter corps are defending xenuria :barf:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Sadly that’s the last thing we need as mittens would just double down as an excuse on everything lovely

We really need mittens to just take a break for a while, but no way he’s going to do that

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

PathAsc posted:

Jesus gently caress, even the pubbies in starter corps are defending xenuria :barf:

:staredog::staredog::staredog::staredog::staredog:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I literally don't care about the mittani space pixels. Him having an influence in eve is the issue. who gives a gently caress about lack or space or more space?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
They don't know... right? Right??

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goninzo posted:

Thank you Bilirubin for saving this for me.

<3

There is something perfect about the way that picture and the tag line fit together. Really captures the vibrating, barely-contained, hyperfocused energy that is border collie.

(seriously, don't get a border collie unless you have acres and many sheep)

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I think it changed this week, I use it on a mac and the now available on alpha stuff has just started up.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ChickenWing posted:

I stand by what I said. I have trouble believing that many people in other large blocs would have mustered up nearly a fraction of the outrage we have over a similar incident.

Not trying by any stretch to say the Imperium is not poo poo, but by god it's still near the top of the shitheap

being on top of the shitheap while still covering for mittani and xenuria is still being a worthless piece of poo poo

hope this helps

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TheWeedNumber posted:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Dude I owe you an apology about the nickname too, I legit didn't know THAT was where it came from, I'm sorry I thought it was a play on words until you posted that here.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

Dude I owe you an apology about the nickname too, I legit didn't know THAT was where it came from, I'm sorry I thought it was a play on words until you posted that here.

ty fam

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'll leave bigab for this

e: although perhaps we can workshop something a little better than "hole violence"

I feel like bigab/rote is probably the closest we can get to HV.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Zodium posted:

I (icorion) was a close to founding member of the star chamber cum superfriends cabal up until my exile when I yelled at Darius too much for being a useless poo poo shortly after the victory against Band of Brothers... in late 2009? No one below superfriends knew anything we got up to, least of all the "Illuminati."

Back then, while we were all fairly terrible except for maybe knar, we were mostly terrible space people who manipulated and betrayed everyone for isk and power, made deals with computer criminals, and I’m pretty sure Darius buddied up to some people in organized crime. The worst I saw myself was one time I had to turn down an offer to cut an enemy FC’s power.

also slurs and edgy jokes galore.

Sup icorion
I honestly didn’t expect to see my name mentioned, I tended to stay low key

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Magugu posted:

Ships too, and it doesn't necessarily mean you have to log in. If the structure blows up, or gets taken down then your stuff automatically goes to asset safety. The only risk is if for some reason fuel blocks get pulled, or it runs out of fuel and the structure goes abandoned. Then the structure can be blown up and will drop your hanger and you lose your stuff.

It's rare that happens, but it is a greater than 0% chance.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Asset_safety You can log in on alpha and push a couple buttons to asset safety your stuff, its pretty painless beyond logging in.

Great thanks!

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

ded posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: composted post ahead :siren: :siren: :siren:

I've been going over this in my head for some time now. Thinking about why I am angry about this garbage fire. How the latest problems really started, and who enabled the whole thing.

The entire GSF leadership broke trust and enabled the Mittani and others to do some really nasty stuff.

I find that GSF had a cultural revolution that got rid of toxic gamer stuff like slurs and harassment. Everything was supposed to be cool and hey they even have a sig for LGBTQ+. Women also have a sig and seem to not be constantly gone after in creepy ways.
This turned out to be smoke and mirrors. The same rot of the old goonfleet was still there.
I should have seen the warning signs. They were everywhere. Just not spoken out loud until a bit later.

What signs you ask? The goonfleet forums has a giant wiki that for a very long time was an outstanding place to get general information about eve. As long as you overlooked the nonstop gamer words and slurs in it. The cultural revolution apparently never reached the wiki. It still had some useful things like how to tackle, how to get an overview setup, and how to install a program that is used for goon services and how to modify those things so they don't run like crap or look better. But it was still a giant pile of gamer words and slurs. When leadership was asked about this the answer was "oh we never got around to it". Big red flag right there. The “revolution” to remove these things was in 2012.

Who shined a light on this giant turd left by leadership? Delta Sqad.

The goonfleet forums themselves were also full of horrible emotes. Actual nazi emotes, slurs, rape jokes, you god damned name it. The absolute worst of the worst was there. When leadership was asked why is this still here? "oh we never got around to it". Another giant red flag. Again, the “revolution” to remove these kinds of things happened in 2012.

Who shined a light on this giant turd left by leadership? Delta Sqad.

Delta Sqad put in effort to clean these things. We were not able to clean it all but got some of it. You can still find slurs and gamer words in the wiki and horrible emotes on the forums. The single person who can remove those emotes is guess who? Innominate.

What did Delta Sqad get called for shining a light on these turds? Toxic.

Now fast forward a bit and the giant war has ended. The leader of Queerswarm (the GSF LGBTQ+ sig) is in a fleet and is directly called a slur. When the person who said this was confronted he not only double downed on it but triple downed on it. This was reported to leadership. Cryo made sure that illuminati (the GSF inner circle of leadership) was aware of this. Alterari made sure the guys corp GLD was notified. What did leadership do? They handed the problem off to Innominate. Days later nothing has been resolved. After some digging is done it is found out that the person who slurred "apologized" to his corp CEO and nothing further was done about it. You see he grew up in the 80s and was drunk so no harm no foul right? (this is not a joke this was what was actually said)

The person that was attacked was never spoken to about this. Never reached out to. In the eyes of the entire GSF no consequences occurred to someone personally attacking another via slurs in a GSF lead fleet. In fact to this very day he still has not had an actual apology of any sort.

In an effort to get some kind of actual resolution to this the person who was attacked made a call out thread about it in helldump on goonfleet.com. Delta is shining a light on yet another turd leadership left lying around. Delta is toxic. So so very toxic.

Only after this thread was made was action taken. About 1-2 days later anyways. The offending homophobe was airlocked and all was well. Right? Well no actually the entire corp he was a part of left the GSF because they had been told the problem was resolved before the kick. They went and put the homophobe back into the corp and joined HERO coalition.

Delta Sqad once again forced leadership to take action on something they said no longer happened in the GSF. Toxic.

Now the most recent event that grabbed everyone's attention. Mcwolf. During the war Mcwolf joined the GSF and also happened to be a Twitch streamer. She joined up with Delta Sqad because of our outstanding posting and streamed some of the fights we had with PAPI.

Some of the people who followed her online on various platforms got a bit too stalkerish. She used the available features on those platforms to block/remove the offending people but like many things online they just kept coming back. 2 of those people followed her in eve online as well. They went so far as to join the GSF to continue this behavior. Again, leadership was notified of this. MRCHI asked wolf to send a goonfleet.com private message to Innominate with logs and screenshots of one of the people who had been stalking her, in January. This was to be supplemental information to what MRCHI already had to get this person blacklisted from the alliance. It sat in his box for 6 months before being looked at. When he did read them he described the message as “a wall of text that was not actionable”.

Behind the closed doors of the inner circle illuminati wolf was called every single misogynistic word in the book and even newer ones that are favorites of PUA artists. She was mocked as another Amber Heard. Here are some of the words said by the the leader himself :

the_mittani: gosh why isn't anyone DOING SOMETHING about the HURT FEELINGS of this WOUNDED BIRD
the_mittani: it's all horseshit
the_mittani: and i bet you the delta drama would be substantially cut down with a couple of particularly dramatic skulls put on loving spikes

Wolf felt she had no choice so she took this from a private matter into a public one by posting a thread in helldump on goonfleet.com about the issue. The person who had been harassing her has a mental health crisis in the thread. Everything gets locked down and the stalker is kicked. Wolf is kicked as well.

When the directorate is asked why was wolf kicked there is no clear answer. One director in the Delta Sqad discord goes ballistic over this and has some rather choice things to say about it all :

[GEWNS] Kazanir — 07/10/2022
there is nothing in the text that Wolf wrote to Innominate which is either an allegation of stalking or an allegation of sexual harassment. that is literally not what happened.
what did happen, apparently, is that wolf filed this information at MRCHI's request, it didn't contain much actionable, and then it went nowhere, somehow
but what did NOT happen here is that someone "sat on a report of sexual harassment for 6 months"

There are screenshots that show when exactly the PM was sent and when Innominate looked at it.

Then FNLN comes in. He has a chat with mittani directly whom he has known for a very long time. You have seen these logs. The logs are horrendous. This is what made me see the rot that was there the entire time. The guy who swore up and down and sideways that GSF had a cultural revolution and this kind of poo poo would not be tolerated was himself spouting things that would get any other member of the GSF airlocked.

At some point wolf was unbanned from GSF but no one apologized to her other than AmazingJay. Mittani posted some bullshit sorry on goonfleet.com that wolf can’t even read because she was kicked. A bunch of words that sound good but you know had no actual feelings behind them, after you have seen the logs, seen how other issues were handled, and seen the complete dumpster fire that is goonfleet.com.

Delta went nuclear. Our goodposting went into helldump on goonfleet.com, the eve thread on the somethingawful.com forums, and even to reddit. Logs have been posted of actual conversations that you have already read. Several of us have been outright banned for posting in the “anything goes” helldump. Many others have left on their own out of disgust. Old members from goonfleet have done good posting as well.

The amount of ~true goons~ who think this sort of thing is acceptable is pretty much zero.

No no guys. Delta Sqad is toxic you see. Trust the system. Trust the process. Everything is fine and good we had a cultural revolution in 2012.

If you want real change to happen to GSF the leadership at the top needs to be removed from all levers of power and never be allowed to touch them ever again. This will not happen however. The people at the top have made this game into a personal font of public validation.

Many other things have come out since I started working on this compost yesterday. Just remember, when you think it cannot get worse, it already was.

More stuff that has happened while working on this, mittani is now permabanned from SA. inshallah

TLDR :
GSF has not changed even with the 2012 “cultural revolution”
Nearly everything the GSF leadership tells you is a lie unless it involves ISK
Eve is a bad game and you should not play it

Thank you for reading my doctorate thesis on stupid internet spaceship guild
Holy poo poo. Am I correct in understanding that Delta Sqad was fully aware of stalking, transphobia and other bigotry in GSF, yet elected to remain part of it for years? Please tell me that's not the case and I'm misunderstanding.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

being on top of the shitheap while still covering for mittani and xenuria is still being a worthless piece of poo poo

hope this helps

Right, yes, I feel like my original message is being lost here, that being "if someone sounded the horn of goondor, in all likelihood goons would simply not respond, rather than changing sides, on account of literally everyone involved on either side being poo poo"

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Foehammer007 posted:

I feel like bigab/rote is probably the closest we can get to HV.

I just warned bigab that theres incoming wave of 2010 goons and the biggest threat is a rise in average player age by 25 years

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

PathAsc posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

on the one hand as someone that hasn't played since 2009 or so, this is some vintage goonfleet

on the other hand...god, i'm a man and i can't help feeling like all this furniture i look at is made for, you know, chicks. is there anywhere i can find bespoke custom furniture for me, a man, that says try getting a reservation AT DORSIA NOW YOU loving BASTARD?

good to see FNLN always gets his, some things are eternal

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

welcome to tyool 2022

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Olpainless posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people

"You see actually it was fine that he had access to pornographic images of a 12yo because, you should go read reddit there's nuance"

I loving hate this poo poo how is that ok

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Omon Ra posted:

Holy poo poo. Am I correct in understanding that Delta Sqad was fully aware of stalking, transphobia and other bigotry in GSF, yet elected to remain part of it for years? Please tell me that's not the case and I'm misunderstanding.

delta sqad was deader than disco for 10+ years. once the horn of goondor sounded, a few of us old timers got the band back together and attracted a bunch of newer goodposters. we assumed the whole cultural revolution was the real deal and cool and good.

as you can see, we are quite muscular posters, and when it came to light how one of our own was being hosed over (6 months after the fact once appropriate channels had been ignored) we got to posting. turns out there were a lot of other folks similarly hosed over during our long slumber.

we won the big war single handedly and we'll tear this mf-er down single handedly if thats what it takes

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Omon Ra posted:

Why didn't you just leave your abuser, the door is right there!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Omon Ra posted:

No. You are not correct. But I’m too tired to type out all of the ways you are wrong.

Edit: what Dalmuti said

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

delta sqad was deader than disco for 10+ years. once the horn of goondor sounded, a few of us old timers got the band back together and attracted a bunch of newer goodposters. we assumed the whole cultural revolution was the real deal and cool and good.

as you can see, we are quite muscular posters, and when it came to light how one of our own was being hosed over (6 months after the fact once appropriate channels had been ignored) we got to posting. turns out there were a lot of other folks similarly hosed over during our long slumber.

we won the big war single handedly and we'll tear this mf-er down single handedly if thats what it takes

I hope Delta splits, takes in all the Goonswarm expats and we have some awesome goon civil war scenario, with Delta becoming allies with a bunch of other Eve organizations that now want to see Goonswarm purged. It would make for such great content.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

team, i have been banned from goon fleet dot com for the unconscionable crime of Posting

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i was aware of it and i hid it on purpose

edit: sorry i was possessed by some sort of weird nerd wearing a lestat costume for a second there apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I hope Delta splits, takes in all the Goonswarm expats and we have some awesome goon civil war scenario, with Delta becoming allies with a bunch of other Eve organizations that now want to see Goonswarm purged. It would make for such great content.

gently caress you, we are not doing space work

we might go to syndicate