Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

They keep loving with Mercy's GA, but I think this current implementation is ok. I still preferred how super jump worked before, but I get they don't want it to be a "glitch" ability that's skill based (even though it wasn't hard to do at all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I want to see what enfeebling does to reaper ult. Seems like a complete counter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

headcase posted:

I want to see what enfeebling does to reaper ult. Seems like a complete counter.

Emongg did a bunch of testing, but no reaper ult lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciE-xKkCqpA

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

teagone posted:

Emongg did a bunch of testing, but no reaper ult lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciE-xKkCqpA

I think it will end up at 25-50% if they even like the mechanic. I thought it was pretty awkward. The stupid little fast orb did not feel connected to the game or like a finished thought.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

they are determined to nerf all the characters I play

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

dogstile posted:

"Necrotic Orb
New ability, temporarily named “Enfeebling Orb” in-game
Replaces Damage Biotic Orb, with a separate cooldown of 16 seconds
Fires a straight moving projectile that explodes in a 3-meter radius on impact of an enemy or environment
Deals 40 impact damage and 10 explosion damage
Enemies affected by Necrotic Orb’s explosion receive the “Weakened” effect, reducing all damage dealt by 75% for 4 seconds"

Lol, this sounds miserable for tanks.

lasts 4 seconds, cooldown 16 seconds

also holy poo poo I read that as 'reduces damage dealt by 25%' and thought that was likely too strong already.

it's reduces damage dealt by 75% for 4 seconds?!?

hell yeah vintage ow1 blizzard balancing, here we go

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm a support main, but I'm so glad it gets blocked by shields. Also a 16 second cooldown is huge, you can't just spam this.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 12, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

New support hero maybe gonna have a skill that cleanses or decreases duration of weakened and wounded debuffs?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
just keep adding more obscure buffs and debuffs

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

debuff that makes your charcter explode for 100 damage if you jump, but if you dont jump for 4 seconds you do 200 damage to all your allies.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

100% damage done reduction that doesnt wear off unless you stand within 5 yards of a tank and a healer at all times

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

a horrible, loud, piercing noise loud enough to cause physical harm that overheats your computer and mines bitcoins if you select widowmaker (this is a new global sombra passive)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
add an ability with a huge aoe that makes enemies do -75% damage for 4 seconds. don't make it an ult, give it a cooldown that lets it have 25% uptime, too

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
also it does 50 damage in a large aoe

and this is the aoe, note the hit markers

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That was going to be my response, you don't have to have 100% uptime, you need to vaguely hit near the enemy team and if they're doing any sort of rush comp most of them don't do damage.

Be cool if they came out with the goats counter 3 years ago, lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
It's funny cuz it could do 20 damage and be a 10% reduction in damage dealt and it would be extremely strong, especially as just a regular, additional cooldown

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

add an ability with a huge aoe that makes enemies do -75% damage for 4 seconds. don't make it an ult, give it a cooldown that lets it have 25% uptime, too

i have a version with better uptime and 100% damage reduction: its called landing ana grenade on a hero and they die

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This is mostly negated by ana being extremely diveable in OW2 but we'll see how that shakes out.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Minera posted:

debuff that makes your charcter explode for 100 damage if you jump, but if you dont jump for 4 seconds you do 200 damage to all your allies.

Geddon's bomb driving into the hunter stack flashback.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Minera posted:

just keep adding more obscure buffs and debuffs

Support hero that gives you a 50% chance at a projectile speed buff per shot so you never know whether to aim directly at your target or lead it

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

75% might as well be 100% with breakpoints and healing as they are.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A soldier hitting constant headshots while purple being lazily outhealed by an ana with her M1 key held down.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

why cant junkrat grenade jump yet after over 5 years or whatever lol

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
leave moira alone. she's perfect

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Twitch Rivals charity tourney today has been pretty fun to watch. Fitzy's team was hella stacked though lol (Fitzy, ML7, KarQ, Emongg, Jay3). They've been rolling the whole tourney, in the grand finals atm.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Was today the day everyone was supposed to get beta access if they signed up

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I forgot the beta ends next week. I went back to live after the first beta, I can't see myself opening it again after this beta ends.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Having played a bit with the Moira changes she's.. fine. Definitely not OP. Your orb is good for blunting a push or helping to save your idiot teammate but otherwise is less impactful than anti-nade. The changes to the fade timing keep catching me out and I'm not sure they were needed. I dunno, people were screaming about the changes but it might just be an overall nerf.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Countblanc posted:

Was today the day everyone was supposed to get beta access if they signed up

I guess not.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This seems like a pisspoor way to build goodwill towards your game tbh

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Blizzard rarely does stuff like beta invites this early, I'm sure it'll be sometime today

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Last beta I got it within 24 hrs of signing up, this time they just milking that pack $$

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jeff [from the overwatch team] had to allegedly fight with the suits to not put new characters behind a paywall lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

TheKingofSprings posted:

This seems like a pisspoor way to build goodwill towards your game tbh

last round with the twitch drops they had overwatch on top of the site for a day to remind people that it exists

this round they cash in after giving people a taste

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

jeff [from the overwatch team] had to allegedly fight with the suits to not put new characters behind a paywall lol

Makes sense they would go with something like the Apex Legends model, right? Where you can either earn in-game currency via wins or whatever to unlock new heroes, or if you don't want to experience THE GRIND, you have the option to just outright pay for the new hero by buying OW coins or whatever equivalent with actual money and then use the OW coins to unlock the hero. Or did Jeff explicitly want new heroes to be free no matter what, i.e., available to everyone at absolutely no cost when they're released?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If they charged money for new heroes maybe they would make more than two a year.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

No Wave posted:

If they charged money for new heroes maybe they would make more than two a year.

Nah, they'd just make new (or bring back old) hero loadouts and sell those.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

teagone posted:

Makes sense they would go with something like the Apex Legends model, right? Where you can either earn in-game currency via wins or whatever to unlock new heroes, or if you don't want to experience THE GRIND, you have the option to just outright pay for the new hero by buying OW coins or whatever equivalent with actual money and then use the OW coins to unlock the hero. Or did Jeff explicitly want new heroes to be free no matter what, i.e., available to everyone at absolutely no cost when they're released?

Apex ties most of your power into your weapons and equipment with character abilities as a layer on top of that. Valorant shifts power more towards character abilities but they're fairly generic within archetypes. Overwatch characters have completely unique toolkits and while the changes seem to have limited straight up hard counters, there's still a bunch of situations where you'd want to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when do y'all think they'll add alternate loadouts to overwatch