Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

You can take Mike Pence out of Indiana but you can't stop Indiana voting for evil pieces of poo poo.

It's really cool that an entire political party is composed of the people that actually drank the kool aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nine-gear crow posted:

I guess he's stepping up and filling Benny Shaps' vacated role as the new Conservative Wunderkin (Age 36) because old Genocide Ben is now starting to look like those pickled elderly children from Akira and it's getting harder and harder for his geriatric rear end to gish gallop these days.

Shapiro is 38. If that's geriatric than so am I and I'm not ready for that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure if you are a conservative under 40 you are basically a boy wonder

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

They pivoted on a dime to the rapist being an immigrant.

Yep. And acting like going scorched earth on illegal immigration would resolve pedophilia.

No, parading the mugshots of white, native born American pedophiles will not shift their views on the matter. They will insist that eliminating illegal immigration will eliminate all sexual crimes.

They know they're being dishonest.

On top of this, they'll often insist the 10 year old should have been forced to carry the pregnancy and possibly die in childbirth. Because gently caress you.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
And I'm sure those talk shows I heard calling it fake will issue a retraction and an apology. loving ghouls.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They don’t have a problem with children being raped. They have a problem with the rapist not being a high-status white.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Hey now. They'll concoct convoluted conspiracy theories about high status white politicians raping children if it suits their needs at the moment.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It doesn't matter, regardless they'll shame progressives for trying to use this poor girl as an example of why abortion access is necessary.

The other tack they've been on is arguing that the circumstances wouldn't have necessitated getting an abortion out of state, and that I think the abortion occurred before Roe V Wade got overturned.

They heavily downplay situations like pregnancy from rape and insist its an outlier among abortions and not somthing they wanted banned. This way they can make it look like pro choice activists are overreacting

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Panfilo posted:

It doesn't matter, regardless they'll shame progressives for trying to use this poor girl as an example of why abortion access is necessary.

While, again, using the situation as justification to start a pogrom against anyone vaguely Latino. Because It's Different When We Do It™ might as well be the Trumplican party motto at this point.

Panfilo posted:

They heavily downplay situations like pregnancy from rape and insist its an outlier among abortions and not somthing they wanted banned. This way they can make it look like pro choice activists are overreacting

Nothing in the situation disgusts me quite like "It's only X% of rapes/pregnancies anyway!"

Oh yeah okay that totally makes the 10 year old dying during childbirth okay.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I think for the first time ever I've been occasionally finding myself agreeing with a few things from these talk radio shows, specifically their criticisms of Biden, who impossible to defend on most levels. A few times I listen and have to concede that "yep, they got me there".

But regarding inflation and all these rising prices that are happening everywhere - in practically every country - how come all I hear is that all of this is somehow Biden's fault? If it were only happening in the US then yeah but this is pretty much global. I'm not sure what they think he can DO about it and god knows I never hear any suggestions from RWM,

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Prism posted:

obligatory:

BiggerBoat posted:

I think for the first time ever I've been occasionally finding myself agreeing with a few things from these talk radio shows, specifically their criticisms of Biden, who impossible to defend on most levels. A few times I listen and have to concede that "yep, they got me there".

But regarding inflation and all these rising prices that are happening everywhere - in practically every country - how come all I hear is that all of this is somehow Biden's fault? If it were only happening in the US then yeah but this is pretty much global. I'm not sure what they think he can DO about it and god knows I never hear any suggestions from RWM,

Yeah the thing they aren't always wrong about the problems, but they are always wrong about how the solution is stop tolerating anyone but wasp cishet men.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 14, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

I figure they'll chalk it up to the same reasons they blame inflation on Biden, printing money during covid, forcing businesses to shut down, etc etc. Not to mention the fact that the US obviously has a lot of influence on the global economy, so it would make d sense to them that inflation would ripple through other nations besides US.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Right wing media isn't pushing any solutions though. Making things better isn't the deal they make with their base of political support. Their deal is "Give us power, we'll hurt the people you hate." Bitching about how bad X, Y or Z are is just to identify the proper targets so they know who to hate. On the optimistic assumption that anything actually was fixed, they would just move on to the next thing to blame their targets for.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

You hear the same line up here in Canada and yet I keep voting for the NDP.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going by that "Young Guns: A New Generation of Conservative Leaders" manifesto from 2010, the authors of which were Eric Cantor (47), Kevin McCarthy (45), and Paul Ryan (40), It's safe to say that Conservatives think 50 is the new 30.

Prism posted:

You hear the same line up here in Canada and yet I keep voting for the NDP.

Conservatives love to attribute this to Winston Churchill, specifically claiming he said "If you're Conservative under 30 you have no heart; if you're Liberal over 30 you have no brain". He never said that, yet some Conservatives still repeat this. As if trying to use Churchill as some sort of gotcha.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

One big thing that about almost all these guys, especially the radio hosts, is how interchangeable they are. Like they're built in a factory. I could listen to a half hour of each and every one of them and not be able to tell you which dude was which. At this point, you could probably just program an AI to host these loving shows. There's no originality, cleverness or anything to distinguish one from the other.

At least Rush actually had talent and you weren't always sure what he was going to talk about or what he might say about a specific issue. These guys...it's like they all went to a class or some poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Prism posted:

38 for a normal person is not geriatric, no. But Shapiro is an extremely rough looking 38, despite not partaking in alcohol, drugs, or sexual activities. He is 38 going on 68.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think it's because he spent his life dressed as a vacuum cleaner salesman.

Soon he will have a mighty hump!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

BiggerBoat posted:

how come all I hear is that all of this is somehow Biden's fault?

Because they know people will believe it and repeat it. They don't care about facts or logic or truth. They just don't.

Krystal Ball just went on Bill Maher a few weeks ago and she got literally tag teamed by Bill and another guy spouting bullshit about Biden's role in the economy and she debunked both of them as best she could. But the same bullshit they were spouting is and was repeated ad nauseum on every right wing media show before and after their exchange, until the next big thing in the news cycle hit. The audience believes it now regardless of how wrong it is, which is exactly the goal. Purestrain misinformation.

It's so bad, Bill doesn't even remember that the stock market completely crashed in March of 2020 in response to the super bad news that the coronavirus actually wasn't a hoax and actually wasn't going away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaYgWkNdsGc&t=113s

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nine-gear crow posted:

38 for a normal person is not geriatric, no. But Shapiro is an extremely rough looking 38, despite not partaking in alcohol, drugs, or sexual activities. He is 38 going on 68.

Oh, we're making fun of looks again. Understood. I had just been making a joke about turning 39 this year, but sure.

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 14, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Prism posted:

Oh, we're making fun of looks again. Understood. I had just been making a joke about turning 39 this year, but sure.

It's not just looks, he also has the mind and soul of an old evil crank in his 70s (because he's been brainwashed by and is still to this day ruthlessly controlled his elderly father, same with his sister :ssh:)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BiggerBoat posted:

At least Rush actually had talent

Well, it was on loan from God.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

gently caress Shapiro but I wouldn’t say he looks old. He looks like an annoying college republican suck up still.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I think the point is that Shapiro is getting a little too long in the tooth to continue holding forth as the hip cool young conservative in touch with todayz kidz.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

LloydDobler posted:

Because they know people will believe it and repeat it. They don't care about facts or logic or truth. They just don't.

basically, it's a cult.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

gently caress Shapiro but I wouldn’t say he looks old. He looks like an annoying college republican suck up still.

A sprightly fresh-faced undergrad indeed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He's not old, but his schtick is being young.
Of which he has very much aged out of.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

He's not old, but his schtick is being young.
Of which he has very much aged out of.

And even then, it wasn't so much "being young" it was "being the old man trapped inside a young body". Again, the guy wrote an entire book about how mad he was that everyone else his age was having sex, doing fun young people poo poo, being liberal, and just generally enjoying being a person in their early 20s while he slowly calcified under his father's repressive thumb.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Looks like Joel Greenbergs date has been pushed back yet again to December.
Which is the hold up for Matt Gaetzs downfall.

https://twitter.com/1shermoore/status/1547581447057260547

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I AM GRANDO posted:

They don’t have a problem with children being raped. They have a problem with the rapist not being a high-status white.
Man, we really do have a lot of the British system in us.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

OgNar posted:

Looks like Joel Greenbergs date has been pushed back yet again to December.
Which is the hold up for Matt Gaetzs downfall.

https://twitter.com/1shermoore/status/1547581447057260547

You fly this and he's going to see it "Tick Tock, Matt Gatez" and he's going to find a whole new space to molest.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Well, it was on loan from God.

Reminding myself that god came to collect

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Common Law covers everything the constitution doesn't explicitly!

Although frankly the idea that rich whites can diddle children is one of the statutes that, in hindsight, we shouldn't have put into common law. Unfortunately we can't find the specific document's code number so we can't repeal it. Sorry!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

FlamingLiberal posted:

still makes me laugh

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hey, they recognize that white pedophiles exist.

Who else are they gonna vote for to beat the baby-eating liberals?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

still makes me laugh

Left to right: Resigned in depressive shame after being repeatedly humiliated by a 70 year old man; primaried by an even crazier son of a bitch (seat then lost to a Democrat); was literally laughed out of the room the first time he tried to become Speaker of the House and might never become Speaker at all.

RandomUserString
Jul 1, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we categorise the Washington Post as "right wing media" as well?

Not content with giving editorial limelight to scumbags like Marc A. Thiessen and George Will, they are now also platforming transphobia as well - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/14/berkeley-law-professors-senate-testimony-didnt-go-how-left-thinks-it-did/

The Washington Post's ""Democracy Dies in Darkness" is not a warning, but their motto and mission statement.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FilthyImp posted:

A Republican senator waits outside of elementary school graduation ceremony, breathless, expectant, turgid. As the ceremony concludes, he shoots his pistols into the air with a whoop and a holler and a rebel yell.

"PRRRRRRRRIMA NOCTA!" he caws, watery pale blue eyes wide, cracked lips parting into a toothy grin through which air is sucked in with a hiss. Nearby the parents applaud, Bibles in hand. God Bless America, God Bless America, God Bless America!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

nah the most important thing is your dad needs to be a regressive that already has access to the network of money and other resoruces. thats why all those youtuber ( lol someone please post the mt. rushmore of youtube dark philosophers, thanks in advance.) failed, they're a bunch of lower class peons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

RandomUserString posted:

Can we categorise the Washington Post as "right wing media" as well?

Not content with giving editorial limelight to scumbags like Marc A. Thiessen and George Will, they are now also platforming transphobia as well - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/14/berkeley-law-professors-senate-testimony-didnt-go-how-left-thinks-it-did/

The Washington Post's ""Democracy Dies in Darkness" is not a warning, but their motto and mission statement.

Their opinion section has always been just left of stormfront.