Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Funky Valentine posted:

It is incredibly generous to call Fuckup Village over there a "state".

Yeah they have some of the basics of a real goblin village, but they're so lazy and bad at being kobolds that you can't help feel anything but pity for the sorry bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FuturePastNow posted:

The Kobold tribe story is about state sponsored domestic terrorism

Kobold Gladio was my favourite of that set.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Kobold story put me in the mind of brutal office politics - we're given implications that the antagonist has achieved his fairly high rank by intimidating lower ranked kobolds into heavy output demands under threat of what's essentially exile for failure to comply or make quota, and basically uses the 789th as an example of what will happen to anyone else who can't keep up. Mind, the ones you deal with are a pretty lazy bunch, but they also aren't given access to the means to genuinely improve their station without theft and sabotage of their peers no matter how hard they work.

But also there's Ba Go who just wants to make the best bombs and explode them and doesn't care about frivolous things like pecking order, which is why he's the best and gets to join the beach episodes.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Kobold crew is good because they are very lazy and so am I. Except for Ba Go who likes explosions and hell same

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Agreed, Ba Go is the best.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hope he's in this seasons beach episode too.

Also, someone emote cheered at me while I was crafting in the Firmament :3:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I dunno, the new admiral they've got seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Agreed, Ba Go is the best.

Ba go ba best

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/WkoKbu/status/1547391061005180928?s=20&t=-uiByMAfOwZ1A02tTQoasg

bless you mr. knight

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can just imagine. Bar full of struck-out abilities, no clue what's going on or how to be useful.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
He's still on west in Seal Rock, his chance of winning anyway is like 60%.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

The sylph carrying/invisisbility missions were still a pita at high level, I just skipped them (along with the FATE missions (lol))

You can solo those bosses in under 10s with BLU. Also the items aren't quest dependant so just like the ShB gatherer tribe you can stock a bunch of them and accept quest -> turn in quest. They're paradoxically the easiest ARR tribe quests now imo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Kobold questline ends with basically rocket punching the antagonist into an exploding mine so I'm gonna overlook any and all problems with it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

The state sponsoring the terrorists is Limsa Lominsa

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

this is adorable

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s not domestic terrorism it’s just Kobold Jim pulling pranks on Kobold Dwight in The Kobold Office (sometimes by using military grade explosives)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Augus posted:

it’s not domestic terrorism it’s just Kobold Jim pulling pranks on Kobold Dwight in The Kobold Office (sometimes by using military grade explosives)

This would have greatly improved The Office.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Bruceski posted:

Isn't the Sahagin tribal storyline "when we were monsters the Lominsans were monsters in kind and slaughtered our kids. This has to stop even if it means hamstringing our own people so they stop thinking they can win through being monsters."

The sahuagin are about* also the only tribe where they're explicitly the aggressors - their grounds were a Limsan village that was levelled by Leviathan with a tidal wave then invaded and the survivors killed. The land then got changed by Leviathan/water aether into what it is now - their original home was out under the ocean but something chased them out so they just went "Nice peninsula, we'll take it"

*arguably the Ixal in general are also this, but the specific ones we deal with are very much not.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the Ixal you deal with in tribal quests have forsaken their tribes to build a flying machine instead of just another war balloon.

The Sahagin supposedly only need to go to shore to breed, they have a weird hivelike structure where there's one egg layer and the men are entrusted with a certain number and then they take them to shore to hatch and learn how to be good little fishmen.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Itzena posted:

The sahuagin are about* also the only tribe where they're explicitly the aggressors - their grounds were a Limsan village that was levelled by Leviathan with a tidal wave then invaded and the survivors killed. The land then got changed by Leviathan/water aether into what it is now - their original home was out under the ocean but something chased them out so they just went "Nice peninsula, we'll take it"

*arguably the Ixal in general are also this, but the specific ones we deal with are very much not.

It was Bahamut loving up their spawning areas with the reset wasn't it?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The sahagin are the aggressors but without the land they took they'll die out so I can see their point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/901d3n83av3r/status/1534744899920494592

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lord_Magmar posted:

It was Bahamut loving up their spawning areas with the reset wasn't it?

Yeah, iirc the issue is that they lost a lot of spawning grounds to the Calamity and invaded/aquaformed La Noscean territory as a last resort for the survival of their species. They're the aggressors but are also facing an existential threat, so the whole situation just sucks.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Vylbrand really is just in a nasty situation where there aren't quite enough natural resources, including land, to go around post-Calamity.
Limsa is lacking farmland, which the Sahagin took over gor spawning. The other option is to do a bunch of logging and mining to jumpstart a supplement to their income via shipping and piracy, but that violates the Kobolds' land claims even more than expanding farmland would.

Any push one way swings and hits right in the other.

(I'm not sure what exactly the Kobolds are doing with all this mining beyond already-sprawling construction and warfare, but I'm not going to discount their needs out of hand)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Primals do complicate things more too as they encourage unsustainable consumption of resources that the tribes wouldn't otherwise be doing.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Yeah, and having magic nuke crystal just sprouting out of the ground everywhere doesn't make things easier for anyone. Particularly when that crystal is also central to most regular industry too, so controlling it or reducing production isn't gonna happen.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

Vylbrand really is just in a nasty situation where there aren't quite enough natural resources, including land, to go around post-Calamity.
Limsa is lacking farmland, which the Sahagin took over gor spawning. The other option is to do a bunch of logging and mining to jumpstart a supplement to their income via shipping and piracy, but that violates the Kobolds' land claims even more than expanding farmland would.

always funny when jrpgs do realpolitick poo poo like i cant craft four thousand delicious omelettes in a single hour

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Venuz Patrol posted:

always funny when jrpgs do realpolitick poo poo like i cant craft four thousand delicious omelettes in a single hour

Please don't make four thousand Sahagin egg omelettes.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

Sure, but they'll only keep people fed for 30 minutes before they're hungry and need to eat again.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gruckles posted:

Sure, but they'll only keep people fed for 30 minutes before they're hungry and need to eat again.

If they eat two of them back to back, they'll be able to last 60 minutes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the fc food buff is just adding some fiber into your meal

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
An eorzean day is 72 minutes, so half the day on a single meal is pretty impressive

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I made an alt on one of the new EU servers and my computer is bucking under the weight of bots in Gridania. Non-stop barrage of Nn and Oos levelling up next to every quest-giver.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

sassassin posted:

I made an alt on one of the new EU servers and my computer is bucking under the weight of bots in Gridania. Non-stop barrage of Nn and Oos levelling up next to every quest-giver.

Not bots that's just the EUs dedication to orderly business. 10000 Germans coming home from their jobs at the paperwork factories to very efficiently gain exp.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Not bots that's just the EUs dedication to orderly business. 10000 Germans coming home from their jobs at the paperwork factories to very efficiently gain exp.

Can't be, I'm on the French data center.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Venuz Patrol posted:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
sahagin lay the eggs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Venuz Patrol posted:

all you’re doing is making the problem worse through overproduction, you fool.
how many eggs are you wasting on omelettes that will never be eaten?

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 14, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

sassassin posted:

Can't be, I'm on the French data center.

Germans invading French territory? Unheard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Me doing the first Automata raid: Hmm, well, I mean, its a bunch of neat references to Nier but I'm not really feeling Yoko Taro's special touch.

Me reaching the last boss of the second Automata raid: Oh, there it is.