Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

TheWeedNumber posted:

if he wants to be a punk motherfucker about old poo poo, let him be a tasteless gently caress. it reflects more on the company man than me the goonfucker

You've done precisely jack-poo poo to actually show you're not still the self-centered backstabbing liar you were, beyond crying how you've changed.

Words are cheap, people judge you on your actions.

Since you brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rust Martialis posted:

You've done precisely jack-poo poo to actually show you're not still the self-centered backstabbing liar you were, beyond crying how you've changed.

ok rust martialis, another shitbird hater of mine. eat poo poo and smdftb too

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Found this in my imgur archive ...i don't remember what I made this for

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Endie posted:

Who was it had the "Jacques Cousteau: NOT a pimp" sig? I loved that one for some weird reason.

Jbev or maybe Sulzanti. Mine were mostly muppet stuff (and the aforementioned flashing SOLODRAKBAN gifs)

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

Mandozer is a serial abuser of trust.

you're a serial abuser of posts shipmate

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Just change it for a few days while we have high traffic even, you could put a link to your own best charity and have yourself a fundraiser out of this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
anyone else that isn't a classic hater of mine got real poo poo for me or we gonna do this gaslighting bullshit itc because a few people got awoxed years ago. like please get over your hurt feelings and get a therapist

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Lived experience isn't a grudge. Mandozer is a serial abuser of trust. Going "I'm not listening to you again" is just like, a good thing everyone should do.

You don't have to defend him to make the point that the OP should get nuked.

I haven't defended him one bit, if you notice. Even jerks can make a good point, and refusing to listen purely because he was one of the people to suggest it is dumb. That's my point.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Why don't people seem to awox any more? It seems an almost pathetically easy thing to do in today's open door alliances.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm a white-noise nonentity nobody knows or cares about and I agree that it's a real bad look to be recruiting for a guild run by a dog-stealing dick-flashing victim-badmouthing pedo-protecting stranger-groping MRA-furniture-selling PUA creepo and his cadre of loyal/cowed enablers

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rust Martialis posted:

Since you brought it up.

I have zero history with either of you, and what I'm seeing from him is someone who right here and now is acting like a normal human with genuine empathy towards women. I don't give a poo poo if this continues after or he acts like a dick to be honest.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

CainFortea posted:

Lived experience isn't a grudge. Mandozer is a serial abuser of trust. Going "I'm not listening to you again" is just like, a good thing everyone should do.

You don't have to defend him to make the point that the OP should get nuked.

I’ve been talking to potato salad about some changes to the OP but my flight is about to take off and I’m not making edits on my phone without a place to save the stuff I remove.

Maybe I’m naive but I have some hope for the new policy, and it’s also not like there’s currently any viable alternatives yet, so my opinion is it should probably develop over a few more days. But I’m fine doing a strike through on the imperium stuff and saying “some poo poo is going down, stay tuned.”

That being said dozer doesn’t get to suggest poo poo.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endie posted:

Why don't people seem to awox any more? It seems an almost pathetically easy thing to do in today's open door alliances.

You're not around to sponsor them, probably.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

I’ve been talking to potato salad about some changes to the OP but my flight is about to take off and I’m not making edits on my phone without a place to save the stuff I remove.

Maybe I’m naive but I have some hope for the new policy, and it’s also not like there’s currently any viable alternatives yet, so my opinion is it should probably develop over a few more days. But I’m fine doing a strike through on the imperium stuff and saying “some poo poo is going down, stay tuned.”

TEN FOUR FUCKBOI

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kchama posted:

I haven't defended him one bit, if you notice. Even jerks can make a good point, and refusing to listen purely because he was one of the people to suggest it is dumb. That's my point.

Actually I didn't notice it. Because you were too busy defending him. Calling it a grudge is a defense.

Endie posted:

you're a serial abuser of posts shipmate

I'm not your shipmate pal!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

TEN FOUR FUCKBOI

God you really haven’t changed a goddamn bit since 2011.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

You're not around to sponsor them, probably.

lol nice one Rust.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

God you really haven’t changed a goddamn bit since 2011.

you poo poo on me i poo poo on you. get help for your long rear end grudge and your anal fissures SIR

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Actually I didn't notice it. Because you were too busy defending him. Calling it a grudge is a defense.

I'm not your shipmate pal!

A grudge is a grudge! It doesn't matter if it is a perfectly reasonable grudge or not. My point is sometimes you should set it aside for a moment to do the right thing, and not just keep advertising for a pedophile-protecting sexpest-ran guild just because one of the dudes who suggested it is someone you hate, no matter how justifiable your reasons are.

There was no defense of him for whatever he did. Just suggesting you don't do something stupid just to spite someone.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Not having the op be a bunch of pro-imperium stuff is definitely something that should happen. In the off chance they actually change leadership, there's maybe some discussion to be had there. As long as they're run by current leadership there isn't really any thing to discuss

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 14, 2022

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
No one cares other than a handful of you bittervets.

Endie posted:

We did a lot of it in Horde.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kchama posted:

A grudge is a grudge! It doesn't matter if it is a perfectly reasonable grudge or not. My point is sometimes you should set it aside for a moment to do the right thing, and not just keep advertising for a pedophile-protecting sexpest-ran guild just because one of the dudes who suggested it is someone you hate, no matter how justifiable your reasons are.

There is a reason the phrase "Lived experience" is used in place of "Grudge" some times. I will leave it as an exercise for you to determine which one is used when.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

andromache posted:

This isn’t anything against you but the policy is 100% pointless as long as the chief enforcer is a sex pest himself.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

CainFortea posted:

There is a reason the phrase "Lived experience" is used in place of "Grudge" some times. I will leave it as an exercise for you to determine which one is used when.

Don't let your lived experience get in the way of doing the right thing. That better?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
as a note, atrum said that he would edit the OP to remove mentions of the imperium once he has the chance later today

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Rhymenoserous posted:

This isn’t anything against you but the policy is 100% pointless as long as the chief enforcer is a sex pest himself.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Stereotype posted:

as a note, atrum said that he would edit the OP to remove mentions of the imperium once he has the chance later today

then he's doing the right thing, albeit after having to hear it from literally everyone else

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

lol nice one Rust.

I mean pretty much the worst thing I can think of that people said about *my* stint in Goonswarm is "gently caress, he talks a lot. Does he ever shut up?" Ted, Warr, Sion, Moomin, Ark, Tuzy and others trusted me, I never hosed over friends. I made Mirana mad but who hasn't.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Not having the op be a bunch of pro-imperium stuff is definitely something that should happen. In the off chance they actually change leadership, there's maybe some discussion to be had there. As long as they're run by current leadership there isn't really any thing to discuss

Yeah I’d agree here. Some work went into the Op so maybe save it in a word document or something but I feel like SA shouldn’t be advertising the video game alliance of a guy they just banned for being a sex pest / pedo enabler

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
!tuzy

Edit: drat bot broke again

Dalmuti fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 14, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

RustySeabutter posted:

i guess i can log in and accept apps but i swear to god if you all act like a buncha goons

does this mean I have a chance to resurrect my PI empire of *checks notes* FOUR WHOLE PLANETS?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bilirubin posted:

does this mean I have a chance to resurrect my PI empire of *checks notes* FOUR WHOLE PLANETS?

I am about to tear mine the gently caress down. But I have thirty to nuke. Planets that is

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Bilirubin posted:

wait there's more to this game than farming dirt and getting randomly blown up going through gates???

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
someone with a JF defect to groon i have so much dirt to move

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Sources are telling me that the real reason mittens has been radio silent is that he is auditioning for 2nd mic on The Adam Friedland Show

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

That Works posted:

Might I humbly suggest that we make it:

1. Entirely WH focused, no sov bullshit, no interacting with the nullsec great powers.
2. Goon + goon friends.
3. Try not to interact with imperium / exist to gently caress with imperium etc.

Just trying to think of ways to avoid it being some 'bitter ex' kind of poo poo. I would consider resubbing if it was just chill folks loving around in wormholes.

Likewise, probably best to eventually make a new thread again, and just mention that Imperium / Goonfleet have nothing to do with somethingawful.com going forward and link to https://groomswarm.wtf/

HOLE SQAD

ON THAT REAL poo poo

HOLE SQAD

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm going to have to do my job again drat it

I was a queer presenting Lesbian under section 21, which was during our deep conservative "a family is a woman and a man" era when teachers could literally be fired for defending the gay kids against bullies - because acknowledging the existence of gay people was banned in schools by law.

I understand the feeling when you see an old bully taking a moral stand, it is absolutely horrible, like someone just punched you in the soul. Meanwhile the bully isn't 20 anymore, more often than not they have lived in experience and baggage revolving around what made them a bully in the first place. That last sentence didn't remotely help the victim and I know it, maybe after this is over then people can have a massive this is why you suck moment and the various bullies get to apologise which will do some good for everyone. Now is not the time, right now we need to concentrate on how unsafe goonswarm currently is for women, LGBT+ people and pretty much anyone they can turn on and call woke.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean pretty much the worst thing I can think of that people said about *my* stint in Goonswarm is "gently caress, he talks a lot. Does he ever shut up?" Ted, Warr, Sion, Moomin, Ark, Tuzy and others trusted me, I never hosed over friends. I made Mirana mad but who hasn't.

Leave the listing of things to Tuzy.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
edit:, removed, is on next page

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

apparently Xenuria was in the queerswarm discord since july 2020

he's been removed but goddamn that's unfortunate

last i looked a year ago that discord had more people who were never goons in it than current or former goons