Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

thats it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VLC Media Player is loving pissed

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shinjobi posted:

I remember magazines losing their loving minds cause "YO I THINK THESE LADIES KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So are you going to keep us in suspense?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So turns out I'm going to be doing some regular business travel now

Is the steam deck worth buying

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feldegast42 posted:

So are you going to keep us in suspense?

a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell :wink:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shinjobi posted:

Fear Effect

I remember magazines losing their loving minds cause "YO I THINK THESE LADIES KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The entire ad campaign centered around them loving.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

VLC Media Player is loving pissed

Meet me at me in next 15 minutes if u want an rear end kicking

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RBA Starblade posted:

people seem to like it but good luck getting one anytime soon, Unless you're comfortable paying eBay scalpers at least

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RBA Starblade posted:

i've heard a nickname for the steam deck which implies that it is a product of low quality

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Interestingly that game was made by ex-Bullfrog devs (as would become more obvious later with Startopia) who repurposed an unpublished Bullfrog superhero game named The Indestructibles, which they had tried to pick back up but couldn't because Marvel was in the habit of threatening to sue any game with custom superhero making.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

people seem to like it but good luck getting one anytime soon, Unless you're comfortable paying eBay scalpers at least

if you don't want to pay scalper prices Switch has a whole mess of games at this point even if you aren't really into the first party Nintendo stuff

or get one of the myriad emulation handhelds like this one: https://retrododo.com/rg351mp/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RIP fear effect inferno

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

So many discs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rinkles posted:

The 90s was a wild time to be alive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The biggest gimmick was the backgrounds being animated instead of almost entirely static like Resi, which meant they were basically FMVs on a short loop, hence the ridiculous amount of discs.

Biggest gimmick outside of 'teehee the girls might kiss' in 2 anyway.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A games magazine I bought when I was a kid came with a full walkthrough for fear effect 2 that I read multiple times for some reason and it looked like a very cool puzzle game (??)

if it mentioned lesbians i don't think i understood what that meant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kisses are yucky, and girls are yuckier still, why would I want to play this ??

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

i do not miss those days

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

'96 was a poo poo year for games and I hated early 3D with a passion. 1994 was the GOAT year though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

iirc despite the ads being nothing but WOOO LESBONIANS BABYY there's like...one scene, where they start kissing in an elevator but only as a pretense for covering the security camera with a shirt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony Hawk's jumped on the NFT grift

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I love my Steam Deck and I can hardly imagine playing an emulated game on anything else again

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

ahh, the joys of 90's gaming magazine advertisements

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harder faster gayer

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

"This game is too hot for my mom so I have to play it at my friends house"

The 90's are back, baby

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

State of this thread.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

verbal enema posted:

i do not miss those days

It really made me think FF7-9 were 3-4 times bigger than a normal game. A story so epic it couldn't be contained by a single disc!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

that IGN quote is really something

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm guessing that the actual game is probably pretty tame by modern standards

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Feldegast42 posted:

"This game is too hot for my mom so I have to play it at my friends house"

Get in there Naive Angel Mode

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

13 story climaxes is too many anyway (idk about other types climaxes though tbh)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Even though the levels were in a linear order they put them on seemingly random discs. Like you'd go from disc 1 to 3, back to 1, then 4, then 2 etc. I don't know if this was to stop you splitting the cost with your friends and passing the discs along as you finished them (which we absolutely did with FF9) or if chopping it up like that was the only way they could fit everything on four discs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm guessing that the actual game is probably pretty tame by modern standards

Anything is in the face of Bethesda mods

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The Something Awful Forms > Discussion > Games > Video Games 2: No One's Surprised This Thread is Capable of Thirteen Climaxes

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mix. posted:

The Something Awful Forms > Discussion > Games > Video Games 2: No One's Surprised This Thread is Capable of Thirteen Climaxes

August's thread title.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thirteen Climaxes: Aegis Rim

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ffxiv :
You guys try this grand company Squadron dungeoneering? You and 3 npcs take on a dungeon. It's like playing with 3 bad players but the bad players are also trying to deal with their 3 secs of lag

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jay Rust posted:

Ffxiv :
You guys try this grand company Squadron dungeoneering? You and 3 npcs take on a dungeon. It's like playing with 3 bad players but the bad players are also trying to deal with their 3 secs of lag

Actually it's not like playing with bad players because if you give them damage tactics they actually DPS better than any player lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Ffxiv :

It's pretty good EXP for what it is, especially when you're on a DPS job and queue times are long. As a bonus, you get a suite of workout emotes (/squat, /pushups, /situps, and /breathcontrol) if you do 10 Command Missions (the dungeons) with your squad.