Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Both at the same time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

LMFAO. My Kings hosed up AGAIN. THEY COULD HAVE HAD THIS. THE FOURTH PICK FELL RIGHT INTO THEIR LAP AND FOR WHAT?!?!?! https://twitter.com/RyannJ3/status/1545440374268858368

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yossarian-22 posted:

LMFAO. My Kings hosed up AGAIN. THEY COULD HAVE HAD THIS. THE FOURTH PICK FELL RIGHT INTO THEIR LAP AND FOR WHAT?!?!?! https://twitter.com/RyannJ3/status/1545440374268858368

Pistons are gonna be a cool team. I like that Bagley even found himself there.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yeah I'm happy for Detroit and happy for Bagley. The Kings were dumb enough to take him ahead of Doncic and then completely wasted his talents. What a graveyard of a team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Posting this without thinking about jokic

A pure jokic free post

https://twitter.com/stevejones20/status/1546648739657531394?s=21&t=4A1Zsj-Cv9fDAxyu6VcSfg

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
don’t worry he’ll be signing a 90m a year contract in 2028 if he’s really good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if they can hit threes with that defense they will be “worth “ it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547656439832801282?s=21&t=gQP-1CGiatsxNmUy1AvbVw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they don’t need to match that . you don’t need a center to win in the west . there aren’t any

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
ayton is way better than booker who’s gonna shoot them back into 9th seeds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they play different positions ?

maybe Phoenix will get Myles turner in a sign and trade

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the difference between Halliburton and booker isn’t as wide as the difference between Ayton and turner

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the west is so wild. the clippers think they can win the west (correctly ) and they don’t even have a center on their roster !! they are going to play nick batum at center a lot and maybe also maybe Covington

just a bizarre minor league out there .

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
clippers are an exception because healthy kawhi is a top 3 player beside a top 10 player in PG. if your wing play is overwhelming you can get away with mediocre centres like the Jordan bulls and lebron heat

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

the west is so wild. the clippers think they can win the west (correctly ) and they don’t even have a center on their roster !! they are going to play nick batum at center a lot and maybe also maybe Covington

just a bizarre minor league out there .

timberwolves might be the 1 seed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

clippers are an exception because healthy kawhi is a top 3 player beside a top 10 player in PG. if your wing play is overwhelming you can get away with mediocre centres like the Jordan bulls and lebron heat

I don't think PG is a top 10 guy anymore but Kawhi is good enough that it might not matter

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

james harden posted:

I’ve got to be cautious of what I eat, because as you get older, your metabolism slows down. It sucks honestly, because I love to eat and I don’t want to be having to watch how many calories I intake. I don’t shred fat as fast as I used to, so I have to work extra hard, especially in the summertime. In the summertime, I just want to be free; I want to eat, sip wine, and do whatever I want to do.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s just like me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

phoenix better get turner .

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't think PG is a top 10 guy anymore but Kawhi is good enough that it might not matter

I think he can be top 10 again with Kawhi on the floor

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

I think Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are both fantastic players that can still win a title or two but not together. Let's get the Deal Zone moving, let's get nuts. I miss the Paul George MVP candidate that died when Damian Lillard killed the Thunder.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PG was really good in the 21 playoffs iirc

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

euphronius posted:

PG was really good in the 21 playoffs iirc

A very fine 2021 playoffs, but I suppose I expected the combination of a healthy Leonard and George to win those early series more decisively, and I definitely expected them to beat Phoenix in the conference finals. Forgot how Chris Paul went off in that Game 6.

Maybe the Clippers ought to move out of that secondhand crypt and into the Forum for a year before the Ballmer Dome is built so they can have a real home court when it matters most.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the truth is probably that depth matters and you need a real 5 to go all the way but that's boring

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TDepressionEarl posted:

so they can have a real home court when it matters most.

a different arena isn’t gonna make there be a passionate Clippers fan base. I know there’s some of yall out there, I’m friends with a guy who has a partial season ticket plan, but that ain’t their city and it never will be

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

indigi posted:

a different arena isn’t gonna make there be a passionate Clippers fan base. I know there’s some of yall out there, I’m friends with a guy who has a partial season ticket plan, but that ain’t their city and it never will be

their city is a city of starfuckers and starfuckers go where the stars go

but what are the chances the Lakers squander LeBron a third time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if they were going to match why didn’t they just give him a deal a year ago !!!!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547743981714362368?s=21&t=4bKuIndSgyZyFc3ozazsyQ

what the gently caress

edit

I guess it’s not five years

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

if they were going to match why didn’t they just give him a deal a year ago !!!!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547743981714362368?s=21&t=4bKuIndSgyZyFc3ozazsyQ

what the gently caress

edit

I guess it’s not five years

supposedly a 4 year deal was a nonstarter for aytons agent

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i feel bad for indiana even though they look like clowns. they should be fun in a bad way next year, kind of like the kings

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1547780707140767746

indiana didn't even try imo

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

in baseball, they do arbitration where the team bids a total they want to pay and the player bids a higher total they want to receive. a third party finance/auction/lawyer firm is given a deadline to either one of those two bids by a deadline, which encourages the player and team to negotiate a number between the two bids.

here i think the indiana pacers have acted as the third party.

not quite fair to the player d.ayton because the pacers are also a team that have an interest in keeping the price lower, but it is the maximum he will get in the restricted market.

good chance the drama may have been amplified in the wake of a multi-faceted and traumatic playoff loss, time closes the wound even if it still hurts. maybe he still moves before the next trade deadline but i think the suns were the only team allowed to give him the 5 year supermax, and i think there are also only so many teams that can take on a rookie supermax even if they have cap space.

something special about the rookie supermax compared to the veteran supermax.

:kstare: idk im stoned now bc im bored with this humdrum deal zone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he can’t be traded for a year iirc.

he wasn’t eligible for a super max

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

euphronius posted:

he can’t be traded for a year iirc.

he wasn’t eligible for a super max

i thought it was just he can't be traded to the team that made the offer. and that the player can veto a trade to any other team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah ayton has to consent for one year . he can’t go to Indiana

you are right

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

ok and "super" means something different even tho phx was the only team that could make an offer on the 5th year

so what does indiana gain for shrinking their trade opportunities and waiving four players to make the offer at all? if indiana had made more cap room could they have offered more? were there other avenues to sweeten the offer like incentive clauses or riders?

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

at least the pacers owner collects a few million from forcing the suns into the tax lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TDepressionEarl posted:

their city is a city of starfuckers and starfuckers go where the stars go

but what are the chances the Lakers squander LeBron a third time

they don’t though. yall had Blake CP3 and Deandre and nobody cared even a little bit

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

indigi posted:

they don’t though. yall had Blake CP3 and Deandre and nobody cared even a little bit

I am not a Clippers fan, I'm an Oakland Athletics fan that sympathizes with the little brother franchise held back by decades of feckless ownership. I never thought Chris Paul or DeAndre Jordan were great enough to be considered a star that transcends the sport into wider recognition, and Blake Griffin only approached that by schmoozing with comedians and jumping over a car like Kobe.

The Clippers were and are their regular season record: third place at best.

I was surprised when Chris Paul became a fundamental pillar of a fairly successful Suns team, because I thought his Rockets and Thunder teams simply weren't good enough especially on defense. I wasn't surprised when DeAndre Jordan did not help the Nets become a super team, but I was surprised when Blake Griffin on the Nets just blended into the wallpaper. DeAndre is a useful starting role player at the biggest position which allowed Blake to be bigger at power forward, in the same way DeMarcus Cousins and Dwight Howard allowed Anthony Davis to play in his comfort zone.

Paul George was signed to attract Kawhi Leonard. I respect the hell out of Kawhi Leonard. He is a basketball legend, and when he is active, often the best defender in the league. Kawhi Leonard is not a movie star.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

TDepressionEarl posted:

ok and "super" means something different even tho phx was the only team that could make an offer on the 5th year

so what does indiana gain for shrinking their trade opportunities and waiving four players to make the offer at all? if indiana had made more cap room could they have offered more? were there other avenues to sweeten the offer like incentive clauses or riders?

the big thing was a player option and trade kicker, both of which apparently weren't included, and that latter one seems like a 50-50 proposition right now with the suns. I think ultimately the only thing that would have resulted in them getting ayton was a sign and trade. people joke about cheap owners but the only way forward for the suns was signing ayton and retaining even just his dollar value because of the way the cap works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chris Paul is literally one of the best players of all time by a lot