Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Sorry, I was unclear: the use of the word "granite" in a geological sense is much more specific than how it is used by artisans like sculptors, folks who manufacture countertops, etc. It's a perfectly valid term of art but a pedantic sore point.

Sorry you and the rest of the rock dweebs got pwned i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You should see my new countertops. Solid quartz, just got them at Ikea

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

projecthalaxy posted:

That's okay, I'll just go eat my steak in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG9UzR1gHT0

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I only cook with clean burning lasers.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Zipperelli. posted:

The medication you're thinking of is Flumazenil, and it definitely wasn't a dream. We carry it on the rescue and in the ER's for benzodiazepine overdoses, and it works exactly like naloxone. Fast-acting, short-duration.

We have a metric gently caress-ton of overdose reversal agents, it's just no one has heard of them because they have no need to know about them. Everyone knows narcan because of it's recent "popularity" in the last 7 or so years.

We had some firefighter pass through my workplace awhile back and dude just gave us three doses of narcan "in case you ever need them". Thanks guy, in case I ever need to do my imitation of Eric Stoltz from Pulp Fiction I'm sure I'll be grateful.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

We had some firefighter pass through my workplace awhile back and dude just gave us three doses of narcan "in case you ever need them". Thanks guy, in case I ever need to do my imitation of Eric Stoltz from Pulp Fiction I'm sure I'll be grateful.

It's starting to show up in stuff like cocaine, Molly... Basically anything pressed or powdered. You definitely know people who do cocaine. They just don't tell you because they think you're a narc.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I know you can get tests that will turn colors in the presence of fentanyl. If you use drugs get some of those for your own safety.

https://www.amazon.com/Fentanyl-Strip-Liquid-Powder-Substances/dp/B08KKDY1QV

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Sorry, I was unclear: the use of the word "granite" in a geological sense is much more specific than how it is used by artisans like sculptors, folks who manufacture countertops, etc. It's a perfectly valid term of art but a pedantic sore point.

Do you get the irony of lumping together sculptors and people who manufacture countertops while getting eye-twitchy about insufficiently granular descriptions of rocks?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Why do they give away free fentanyl with other drugs

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

flavor.flv posted:

You should see my new countertops. Solid quartz, just got them at Ikea

i like form following function, so all flat surfaces are made of cummingtonite

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Scratch Monkey posted:

I know you can get tests that will turn colors in the presence of fentanyl. If you use drugs get some of those for your own safety.

https://www.amazon.com/Fentanyl-Strip-Liquid-Powder-Substances/dp/B08KKDY1QV

Do you think all those cops that claim they were dosed by fentanyl-laced dollar bills bother to think to use these strips? :thunk:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pookah posted:

Do you get the irony of lumping together sculptors and people who manufacture countertops while getting eye-twitchy about insufficiently granular descriptions of rocks?

It appears I have impugned the honor of your father. If you want to challenge me to a duel I choose thrown rocks at twenty paces.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Pookah posted:

They could've just said said non-geologists, so it really isn't the same.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

Do you think all those cops that claim they were dosed by fentanyl-laced dollar bills bother to think to use these strips? :thunk:

Fixed that for you, and the answer is a *resounding* "No."

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Oh poo poo gently caress em up rockdude

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Getting stoned in the Funny Pictures thread.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh god not the weed derail again!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

projecthalaxy posted:

Don't ever insult geologists they are by far the strongest type of nerds from carrying rocks

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Turns out our countertops are made of marble. I had taken it for granite.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

freeedr posted:

Why do they give away free fentanyl with other drugs

A rare broken clock moment for the fascists and almost certainly by accident, a lot of drug dealers are in fact giant pieces of poo poo

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Lollin at the idea artists and loving sculptors don't know anything about the materials they use.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Deteriorata posted:

Turns out our countertops are made of marble. I had taken it for granite.

It' slate in the conversation to be making these silly types of jokes. I mean it also sounds like your contractor screwed you over, so at this point it's a matter for the quartz.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
These puns are all too schisty for me.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’d like to just paper over the discussion before it gets out of hand

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Oh god not the weed derail again!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Highly relevant:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

We'd better stop before the mods get mad.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

up yours, smoke moralists

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Pookah posted:

Hard to decide if this belongs here or in the cursed images thread

I think it's p. funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMoWxwW8tQ

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

We'll see who passes to who

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kazil posted:

LMAO if you still smoke weed like a caveman and don't boof thc wax

Zipperelli. posted:

We'll see who passes to who

Hell yeah

) )<>( (

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Pookah posted:

Hard to decide if this belongs here or in the cursed images thread

I think it's p. funny

https://youtu.be/Ni5tAZhvY6k

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.

Can’t wait to blow my life savings on this and leave nothing for my heirs.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I got some "enquiries" for sure

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Magical Ponies posted:

Can’t wait to blow my life savings on this and leave nothing for my heirs.

"Yes, that is a near-life-size Shrek statue, it costs several thousand dollars and is made to order. Did you wish to order one, or have any other questions for us, sir?"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Just dismissing out of hand that we could be looking at the final resting place of the beloved ogre. Shameful.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shrek was cremated

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

To me, a million times funnier than a having a Shrek tombstone is having one that reads "enquiries to reception"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Sadly those sorts of cartoon character monuments are, unsurprisingly, for children. A friend of mine’s daughter died very young from cancer and has Totoro on her stone.

:smith: :smith: