Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

I still don't know what it is.

like a whole bunch of this in a row:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I think it's just an artifact of the frame rate of the camera... They look to be on the rod at a point off from their centre of gravity so as the rod is pulled off the table they start to rotate and the frame rate is strobing to make them look weird.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

LifeSunDeath posted:

like a whole bunch of this in a row:

I think it made more sense when I didn't understand it at all.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I still can't believe those stubby little legs can move a ton of lard that fast in the water.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's a bunch of key blanks on a rod. They swing back and forth as he pulls them off the side. Since he is pulling slowly, they don't swing in sync. The first ones began to swing back while new ones leading the table swing opposite. So it looks like a unified thing moving in a strange way

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That's as bad as that Canadian striker who kicked a goal-bound ball off the goal line.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

I still can't believe those stubby little legs can move a ton of lard that fast in the water.

Hippos aren't actually that fat because they live in warm water they don't need a thick layer. They only look all rounded because they have 2" thick skin. Hippos are literally a giant ball of muscle and anger wrapped in armor.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I swear, you could overlay the sound of a train with the hippo charging in and it would feel right.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I like the lion in the back who keeps looking at the hippo the whole time like "guys...?" and at the end is the one that peaces out first like fuuuuck this

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

I hope that camera operator is inside of a drat tank

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Darth TNT posted:

The hippo can touch the bottom and the lions can’t. He’s running through the water that fast, which…

Guyver posted:

Hippos aren't actually that fat because they live in warm water they don't need a thick layer. They only look all rounded because they have 2" thick skin. Hippos are literally a giant ball of muscle and anger wrapped in armor.

…Yeah.

:stonklol:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Guyver posted:

The ultimate killing machine.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Zil posted:

I mean if you're being sarcastic, you shouldn't be, because yeah, if there's one animal to be loving frightened of it's not lions it's hippos.

Check this out and then think about your head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wyhhxOZazI

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Big deal I eat watermelon all the time

It's not like granite

Unimpressed

edit: fat gently caress rhino!!!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dont hippos kill more people than any other mammal in the world? Not including humans or like, indirect deaths from illness or whatever.

Might be apocryphal but I remember reading some poo poo to that effect.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Yeah they kill 500 people a year. They're the most dead mammal. And they're aggressive to humans.

Way more than lions.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zil posted:

SMG’s spirit animal

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Jaxyon posted:

They're the most dead mammal.

I thought that was the thylacine.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SyNack Sassimov posted:

if there's one animal to be loving frightened of it's not lions it's hippos.

I'll be frightened of both if you kindly don't mind.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Guyver posted:

https://i.imgur.com/okEoSvE.mp4

gently caress off guys, you're not gonna eat me

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cat Puke posted:

I thought that was the thylacine.

Mammal_

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would assume the most dead mammal would be rats or something, in the sense of having the most dead.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://i.imgur.com/o7OIkKl.mp4

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Hippos are Wilson Fisk, got it.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:science:
Marsupials are mammals...

:eng99:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Guyver posted:

Also if you look at a hippo's mouth you know it's not going to be a clean death.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Guyver posted:

Allegedly about 18% of a hippo’s body weight is skin. If it's a 2000 kg hippo, that's 360 kg of skin. That is definitely classifiable as armor.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Lone Badger posted:

Also if you look at a hippo's mouth you know it's not going to be a clean death.

If you didn't know what a hippo looked like, you'd think it was a savage monstrosity based on its skull. The sort of thing you'd fight in one of the Monster Hunter games.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Guyver posted:

I always assumed the skin was like the Elephant which I heard was relatively vulnerable.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mierenneuker posted:

If you didn't know what a hippo looked like, you'd think it was a savage monstrosity based on its skull. The sort of thing you'd fight in one of the Monster Hunter games.

It really makes ya think what dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures actually looked like.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah, hippos and elephants kill WAY more people than lions. It's not even close

Dogs, snakes, crocodiles and various bugs are at the top though

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Zzulu posted:

The snails is perhaps a bit misleading they aren't exactly tearing people limb from limb.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Where the hell are there a bunch of deadly poisonous snails so I can be sure to never visit there?
:stare:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cartoon Man posted:

Where the hell are there a bunch of deadly poisonous snails so I can be sure to never visit there?

The sea snails with the fun toxins?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Jihad Joe posted:

The snails is perhaps a bit misleading they aren't exactly tearing people limb from limb.

I’m sure only a very, very small percentage of that is venomous snails actually killing people. That chart is invalid anyway because infecting people with disease doesn’t count. I challenge a mosquito without any pathogens to kill me before I kill it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cartoon Man posted:

Florida these days. Come for the racist boomers, stay for the giant meningitis snails

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Assassin Bugs aren't living up to their name

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Zzulu posted:

Assassin Bug is an S-Tier name for a C-Tier killer.

Nominative determinism kinda failed there:

Ragle Gumm
Jun 14, 2020

Samovar posted:

It really makes ya think what dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures actually looked like.

All Yesterdays addresses this explicitly.

For example, baboons:

and swans:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

freeedr posted:

That chart is invalid anyway because infecting people with disease doesn’t count. I challenge a mosquito without any pathogens to kill me before I kill it

Yeah, if Mosquitos get to have Malaria and whatever other poo poo included in their total then Humans should have a bunch of infectious diseases included in ours, at which point Humans come out on top by a mile.