Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

(4:20:69 PM) elysium_fellow: it was a slick coup orchestrated by the notorious enemy of the space empire "jeffrey of yospos" and funded by the notoriously deep pockets of the delta sqadron and made material by endless papi propaganda produced by

lmao now i'm sad i'm not in delta sqad

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
robbie_zino‎: and besides, I had no idea what actually happened and nobody actually showed anything either.

:rolleye:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

jeffrey buy goonfleet

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
honestly the stones on him to claim the horrible poo poo he himself has been spouting is just 'smears'

like my god have a modicum of self awareness

bane of goodpostin
Jul 13, 2022

Boogalo posted:

Elysium having a normal one.

They almost get it. So close.

absolutely incredible that delta sqad were the only layer of the checks and balances in the honorable goonswarm federation

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
https://eveonion.com/the-mittanis-furniture-store-advertises-going-out-of-business-sale%ef%bf%bc/?_unique_id=62d188f6cf1ce

Timely eve onion article.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:rubby:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Nooo. All who wished Mittani bad, know that you are freaks! Mitanni is the best leader I've ever known in this game. And I hoped to the last that he would simply exclude all these dirty languages ​​from our alliance. All who raised the revolution against Mittani, you are moral freaks! Get the gently caress out of our coalition and don't destroy it. Mittani spent 12 years of his life for us to have the best possible coalition. And you freaks destroy everything that I love in this game! Once again. All those who are against Mittani, just go gently caress yourself!

Lol

Just lmao

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Furnok Dorn posted:

honestly the stones on him to claim the horrible poo poo he himself has been spouting is just 'smears'

like my god have a modicum of self awareness

The benefit of stepping down is that you get to have the last word, and those last words may as well be obvious outright denials of everything that you'll hopefully never have to revisit.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
FNLN always gets his

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hey fnln

why did you include irrelevant poo poo about mittani smoking weed and talking about UFOs in the midst of these damning chatlogs you posted four lines at a time as though those lines were also damning? it's distracting and easily spun as "look at somethingawful moralizing about stupid poo poo"

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Potato Salad posted:

The benefit of stepping down is that you get to have the last word, and those last words may as well be obvious outright denials of everything that you'll hopefully never have to revisit.

what is canon if not headcanon

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

geonetix posted:

they're full on "everyone is mean to mittani" mode now.

< angry_mustache> mittens couldn't handle being lied about anymore with no way to punch back

maybe that bitch should've just pushed the block button

Oh god I just howled with laughter.

FudgeFairy
Sep 9, 2008
well, what a poo poo time to return to the game, right in the middle of drama.

i met mittani probably 2012ish at fanfest and he seemed like a cool guy. just had love for the game and i guess people hated on his internet fame

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
syq

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FudgeFairy posted:

i met mittani probably 2012ish at fanfest and he seemed like a cool guy. just had love for the game and i guess people hated on his internet fame

gently caress you.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

~~twist the knife~~

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm absolutely not surprised it's a wall of gaslighting and whinging and if there isn't one of his director mates standing behind him in RL forcing him to leave rather than hit disband then I'll eat my hat

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

FudgeFairy posted:

You nailed it buddy. Pack it up, we're going home!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hopefully a very short reign.

bane of goodpostin
Jul 13, 2022

FudgeFairy posted:

stunning and brave

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Terminator posted:

"My people, I'm afraid that the sheer amount of smears being flung my way across the galaxy are simply too much to handle at a personal level. The fact that my divorce, the loss of my dog, and a terrible number other of outright lies and falsehoods have been heaped on top of each other has resulted in me becoming simply too radioactive to continue leading Goonswarm without my presence being a net negative for the wider tribe.

The accusations that I am aware of are unsubstantiated falsehoods, and I did not sign up to be the scapegoat for the entire galaxy. You deserve better in leadership than having to continually be confronted with MITTANI MAN BAD day in, day out; I, and my partner, deserve better than to wake each day to find some new horrific slander being levelled against me. The only honorable thing to do is exit in an orderly fashion. I have transferred shares to Xttz and will be making TheAdj Interim CEO of Goonwaffe.

A challenge of this position - sitting in the Big Chair - is that the entire rest of Eve Online feels that they can, without boundaries, restraint, or evidence, fling all kinds of poo poo at the leader of GSF. I do not envy my successor, but hope that my exit will clear the way towards a better future.

It has been a tremendous honor to serve you these past 12 years as CEO. We have, together, built the greatest and most interesting space empire in the history of the internet, and then we have beaten the entirety of the rest of the game with it in the greatest war in the history of the internet. Your successes, your friendships, your community, and the bonds we have formed with one another through all of the madness that is Eve Online will be memories I will keep forever.

As I transfer roles and hand assets over, the current team will continue stabilizing the organization. They have been hard at work and information and announcements will be coming. Please bear with them as they have been trying to both build new systems and improve processes, while managing a very challenging and complex situation. Please be gentle with them.

As for me, I am going to touch some grass and smoke some weed. It's been an honor and a privilege~

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/328552-the-big-chair-is-open/"

Well, it happened I guess.

:owned:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

learnincurve posted:

I'm absolutely not surprised it's a wall of gaslighting and whinging and if there isn't one of his director mates standing behind him in RL forcing him to leave rather than hit disband then I'll eat my hat

I'm leaning this way too. He wouldn't just leave, because the voices asking him to leave were Delta Sqad, us original goons and some dorks on reddit. We're a tiny minority. *Someone* high up, though not Innominate, must have said "dude, this looks bad, you have to get gone, and get gone loving now. This isn't something you can ping your way out of. THE MONEY IS AT STAKE"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The best part is that he doesn’t categorically deny anything in particular, just says “falsehoods” leaving his cronies to assume that means “nothing anyone said about me was true”.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
staying in the post is -ev, he doesn't actually have any remorse

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Yep it's still a case where the bootlickers are groveling at his feet so there's a bunch more cleanup work to be done.

It's a good first step, but only the first.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Frank Frank posted:

The best part is that he doesn’t categorically deny anything in particular, just says “falsehoods” leaving his cronies to assume that means “nothing anyone said about me was true”.

My "I did not murder my ex-wife's cats after I emptied her bank account and emailed her divorce papers while she was in Russia" shirt has got a lot of people asking questions about cats.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
turns out my posting was just good enough

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

It's right out of the playbook. He's not as bad brained as everyone thinks. He knows when the battle is lost, so now he will to try step back into the background in order to stabilize the organization and continue using it to funnel people into those income streams.

Let's see if this move pays off for known sexual predator and suspected pedophile Alexander "The Mittani" Gianturco. :nsa:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

geonetix posted:

What the gently caress is +ev or -ev

It's a professional gambling term; EV stands for "Expected Value." It's being co-opted here to boil a social interaction, value of a person, or action down to "good" or "bad".

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Yep. Don't celebrate the resignation if it doesn't come with the cultural revolution.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

(4:20:69 PM) elysium_fellow: it was a slick coup orchestrated by the notorious enemy of the space empire "jeffrey of yospos" and funded by the notoriously deep pockets of the delta sqadron and made material by endless papi propaganda produced by

This one has to be a troll. A good one.

Also, I'm laughing at all the clueless pubbies talking about "enemy propaganda" being the cause of this. :rubby:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I would guess anything he’s directly associated with will suffer moving forward since folks that aren’t swinging from his nuts absolutely will take this as a tacit acknowledgement of guilt (at least on some level).

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I actually think I’m next in line for CEO due to services rendered by running a MRA off goonfleet.com

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Keisari posted:

This one has to be a troll. A good one.

Also, I'm laughing at all the clueless pubbies talking about "enemy propaganda" being the cause of this. :rubby:

It's not real. I was trying to make a fun parody of the very good posting on jabber, lol

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's a professional gambling term; EV stands for "Expected Value." It's being co-opted here to boil a social interaction, value of a person, or action down to "good" or "bad".

idk, seems like perfectly apt language for both the specific and broad contexts it's being applied to here

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I would guess anything he’s directly associated with will suffer moving forward since folks that aren’t swinging from his nuts absolutely will take this as a tacit acknowledgement of guilt (at least on some level).

That depends how successfully he's able to dissociate from his Mittani brand and transition into a background business type, which he very well could do.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
What's the over/under on the GSF failscade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Keisari posted:

"When goons become the enemy of goonswarm" sounds like some macbeth witch poo poo, but hey if that's what it takes to see their downfall lmao.