Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

This game is so loving stupid, why do we give it attention.
If I could go back in time, I would sit B F Skinner down in front of Destiny 2 and make that weird nerd weep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If I could go back in time, I would sit B F Skinner down in front of Destiny 2 and make that weird nerd weep.

For real, as a games person it's kinda amazing how much you can get away with when you have a really good core gameplay loop.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Tensokuu posted:

I’ve been so goddamn broke due to personal things going on that after I get paid tomorrow I’m gonna just get $10 in silver for the card as a “you made it dude” reward for myself because who knows when my situation is getting better.

So I’m gonna rock those ugly rear end armor sets in any raid we do because goddamn it I need to look like a peacock.

This is exactly how The Man keeps you down

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guardians make their own fate 9.99 at a time

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
tbh re-rollable armor with what looks like the return of picking two stat spikes means I’m absolutely going to be grinding this game till I can’t anymore next week

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

tbh re-rollable armor with what looks like the return of picking two stat spikes means I’m absolutely going to be grinding this game till I can’t anymore next week

Yeah, same. I need them stat spreads, man.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah the armour system sounds loving amazing, and if it pans out like I hope I honestly hope it becomes a friggin standard.

Also 1000 silver for the card? I got 200 left over somehow, so that's the best I can do.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Feels neat to get a title and Reaper's a pretty good one

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
making us pay for the event card is bad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kith posted:

Yeah, same. I need them stat spreads, man.

My Hunter and Warlock's masterworked armor was super-optimized to have high intelligence and next to no resilience and strength, because who bothers with those? I definitely need this, probably multiple sets.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"We're separating the dungeons and events from the season / DLC funding structure to give guardians more choice which to pay for."

Oh cool, so you're making the season / DLC structure cheaper?

"You're new here, aren't you?"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Guardians, you've finally defeated The Witness but one member of your raid team hadn't purchased the Raid Content Pass so you are unable to get any loot for this encounter.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They gonna set up a queue in front of raid encounters, one of those robots standing there checking wrist bands.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
You’re all out of revives for today, click here to purchase more revive tokens!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Horsebanger posted:

making us pay for the event card is bad.

Paracelsus posted:

My Hunter and Warlock's masterworked armor was super-optimized to have high intelligence and next to no resilience and strength, because who bothers with those? I definitely need this, probably multiple sets.

I feel this cause I went all in on resto/int armor, and now intelligence sucks and resilience is the most important stat.

From, what, a 5% shield increase to a flat 40% damage reduction at 100 resilience? Lol.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

This is why you must always Keep One of Everything.

...which didn't help me when I came back after a long hiatus and all the armor I vaulted in case resilience ever became good or whatever was sunset. Lol.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The game is built around constantly chasing new/perfect gear. In a year or so they'll rebalance something so resilience loses its huge damage reduction and put it on something else, forcing us all to re-gear.

I wouldn't be surprised if solstice making it easy to farm god rolls is a precursor to them completely redesigning the whole thing. Let us be super powerful for a season and then yank the rug.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think resilience will get un-buffed but they'll probably find some way to make recovery or mobility even more attractive

I just wish they'd ditch all the element matching synergies, unless they plan to make major changes to the activities that's not how anyone builds or plays

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whatever they end up doing will further continue to ruin PVP.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really love match game and the different weapon mods forcing you to use different things for champions or modifers. It keeps things fresh and interesting and i find the trade offs between "use this specific weapon type to power your build and be super strong" vs "use this specific weapon type to clear content with restrictions" to be both cool and good and engaging. I like kind of figuring out weapon I need to bring into the GM or whatever to fit my fireteam. You can use whatever you want and faceroll 90% of the destiny content using whatever in the world you want so :shrug:

I think they should do away with light level though, like the barrier of entry for a GM and other master+ content is lol its hard or don't be braindead . the light level doesn't really have anything to do with it. like if you wanna let people try it go right on ahead imo.

The implementation of champions could be better in reality but I like the concept

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One of those time honored traditions of Destiny 2 is that Solstice Rewards are obsolete the very next season

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Waroduce posted:

I really love match game and the different weapon mods forcing you to use different things for champions or modifers.

you are in a vanishingly small minority

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Match game was fine in D1 and I rather liked it. Match game plus champions is too many layers.

But so much stuff revolves around champions now that it feels super unlikely that Bungie will ever get rid of them. They should, but they won't.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the upcoming bandaid of adding champion counters to old exotic weapons will definitely help but overall it's still a really lovely system that the playerbase at large hates engaging with, especially when Bungie has shown that it's completely capable of making genuinely difficult and fun to fight enemies in the form of the Lightbearer Hive

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don’t mind it on paper. in practice the available set of anti champ mods tends to feel really limiting with special ammo weapons specifically. I can never get a loadout that checks all the required boxes but also feels comfy with the special ammo weapon I want to use. they need to have a broader set of anti champ mods available in a season.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It would help a lot if they didn't keep setting up the anti champ mod spread such that you have to run double primaries constantly, and if they didn't insist on giving us mods for stuff like glaives or sidearms that are only really useable for anti-champ duty in content you'd be face rolling anyway. Sure, let me spend 3 energy for the privilege of taking a glaive into a GM where I have to spend most of the activity hidden behind a rock, plinking at distant enemies. Awesome.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 15, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
anti-unstoppable glaive is pretty good in gms, that shield lets you do things like facetank ignovun's fireballs in gm proving grounds, or survive getting blasted in the face by a cabal tank. the real problem with it is that unstoppable champs show up in combination with either barrier or overloads, and arbalest and divinity exist and are both stupidly strong ways to spend green ammunition against champions.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Never do double primary. If you're doing double primary you made an oopsy or didn't read something right

Even if you're doing solo content

You literally never have to do double primary

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Double Primary actually kicks rear end

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Double Primary actually kicks rear end

In pvp, it is The Way

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In pvp, it is The Way

it hasn't happened in a hot minute but once upon a time it made tryhards send me nastygrams constantly because they couldn't get green bricks off of my fighting lion

those were good times

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Never do double primary. If you're doing double primary you made an oopsy or didn't read something right

Unless its Outbreak Perfected and a sidearm or something, then it is good.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Warlocks report to Xur IMMEDIATELY

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Good kinetic aggressive SMG at Xur

Hawkmoon and DMT both decent too

And a Linear with Blast Radius MW because god is dead

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1547989404269965314

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I think they can def make very interesting enemies without match game but I enjoy having a fire team support each other re: diff weapon types and loadouts. It's an artificial forcing mechanic but I don't mind it.

poo poo you don't even need to take an exotic to deal with shields anymore, adaptive munitions Rolls on a ton of easy to get purples.

I do agree they need to think out the antichamp mods a bit more to reduce double primary and stuff but I think alot of the bitching is simply due to players being butt hurt they have to try, or think, or modify their special snowflake op loadout to be able to do master+ content. Like oh you can't run double +grenade meele on arms in a gm and now your infinite grenade build has a 10 second break in the ability loop 😭😭

E: I think part of the reason I feel that way is alot of the destiny content is super easy, so if you want to engage in this tiny sliver of endgame content....like get good? Most of us have vaults full of checklist items like until recently the only solar legendary bow in the game or the single solar pulse rife or the ONE void scout and various other very specific single use case items. Don't you want an excuse to use them?

I would be super interested in more contest mode style encounters

Also glaive slaps in Master+ content abuse the poo poo out of it and block some.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 15, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dedicated PvP servers please.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

https://twitter.com/legalminimum/status/1547990824960479232

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe we'll get crossovers with Sony titles or Zavala will show up in the next God of War game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone