Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PST posted:

Turns out this is good bait for exposing other bigots

any word from innominate no?

Reading the mittani's statement, I was actually bulled out of Goonwaffe.

I bought a snake and found some good people to fly with and moved on.

I have to ask why does he think he is worth more than me? Because he fought a online war in 2020? I couldn't play eve in 2020 because I was under lockdown for 2 years because of my job looking after immunocompromised disabled kiddies, that's what hell looks like you privileged gently caress, every single day praying that no one coughs because if they do 30 children die. I just wanted to fly with my forum buddies, gently caress Innominate and gently caress the mittani and his poor me speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Torpor posted:

What in gods name? Eve attracts the most normal people

Eh, it was a pretty dumb thing. Someone would make a post like "OMG LEAKS HERE (url to a pastebin whose sole contents are 'ur gay pwned')". A KNEE-SLAPPER, I tell you. Everyone would emit a hearty guffaw, or perhaps a more reserved chortle. This is where the humor is made.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
step 1) sweep under the rug for months, stonewall anyone who asks what happened, ban the victim
step 2) smear the victim, minimize it as drama and not a real issue, 'that bitch should find the block button' 'the amber heards of the world'
step 3) weak-rear end, transparently self-serving non-apology apology put somewhere that the victim can't even see
step 4) spill lots of ink claiming this is all just a plot by enemies to get get him to step down. zero hint of self awareness or introspection at all
step 5) step down while still taking zero accountability whatsoever, imply all the accusations were bullshit and that the enemy plot worked and actually stepping down is a noble act of self sacrifice for the benefit of everyone else. fail to address any of the other accusations coming out.

what will step 6 hold? stay tuned to find out as mittani boldly rewrites the textbook of exactly how not to handle someone reporting sexual harassment in your organization

Man, what a sad loving situation, everyone deserves to be part of a community that handles things better than this.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I have no idea who this guy is, but lol all the same. You can see the mask sloughing off his (social) face in real time as you continue to take in his screed.

I missed the part where he finishes it off by saying that this makes him hate LGBT and "oppressed groups" like woah big fuckin yikes!!!!!!

E: it's times like these when good men get cancelled that I just think to myself, "maybe I should do a racism!" /s

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 15, 2022

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

PST posted:

Incredible. This whole saga has just been people stepping on rake after rake

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shutupandshave posted:

My memory of this event (and I was never in superfriends) was that Sesfan needed to step down because he got caught waving a gun around in college (or university or something) and a new CEO needed to be chosen. Darius and I chatted at fanfest, with Darius asking me to persuade Sesfan to choose Darius.

So I did. Then Sesfan passed on CEO to Darius.

If my memory is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

I honestly don't remember the precipitating event, but that was exactly our M/O: pile stress and stress on poor Sesfan while preparing and convincing his friends and trusted circle to point to our people when he inevitably fell.

We did the same to you in order to contain you and prevent you becoming a threat to our power. My part was to bury you in red tape. I did it with glee at the time, and I'm so loving sorry suas. :smith:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Zodium posted:

I honestly don't remember the precipitating event, but that was exactly our M/O: pile stress and stress on poor Sesfan while preparing and convincing his friends and trusted circle to point to our people when he inevitably fell.

We did the same to you in order to contain you and prevent you becoming a threat to our power. My part was to bury you in red tape. I did it with glee at the time, and I'm so loving sorry suas. :smith:

Goddamn, people play this game way too seriously

DeffDredd
Jun 2, 2013

If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it?
Boat if you’re still reading this thread, DM me some time. I like to still think we are friends

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Frank Frank posted:

This person is a goon. That line is from an OLD recruitment ad that ran on the SA forums back in like 2008 - shortly after some newbie in a rifter(?) decloaked/tackled a BoB titan which led to its demise (back when titan deaths were incredibly rare)

It's still current. That ad gets updated with new events. We all know that story, it's one of the foundational legends of GSF.

It's easily well known enough for the writer to not be a goon, tbh

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Oh look a new eve thread! I wonder what’s going on…
:stonk:

:wtc:

:allbuttons:

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Zodium posted:

The thing I find most bewildering is the idea that anyone would want internet spaceships importance and responsibility :psyduck: Like, in the parallel universe where I somehow fell into the CEO job, you wouldn't have to subtly socially manipulate my friends to coup me - you'd just have to say "hey can I have that job" and I'd go "oh please jesus yes thank you"

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

shutupandshave posted:

My memory of this event (and I was never in superfriends) was that Sesfan needed to step down because he got caught waving a gun around in college (or university or something) and a new CEO needed to be chosen. Darius and I chatted at fanfest, with Darius asking me to persuade Sesfan to choose Darius.

So I did. Then Sesfan passed on CEO to Darius.

If my memory is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

pretty sure it was a collapsible baton not a gun, for whatever thats worth

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

you fuckin nerd

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

raminasi posted:

The thing I find most bewildering is the idea that anyone would want internet spaceships importance and responsibility :psyduck: Like, in the parallel universe where I somehow fell into the CEO job, you wouldn't have to subtly socially manipulate my friends to coup me - you'd just have to say "hey can I have that job" and I'd go "oh please jesus yes thank you"

We didn't want responsibility, we delegated that to the "Illuminati." Rather the opposite, in fact: we wanted unaccountable power with freedom from any responsibility.

janesirober
Jun 18, 2021
FNLN always gets his

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

raminasi posted:

screenshot:

i think asher is not a bad dude at heart, but he has been one-tricking the evasive maneuver of "enlightened fence-sitter" in situations like this ever since becoming a regular FC in the alliance almost a decade ago.

one of the most important roles he plays in the institutional dynamics of GSF is being the catch-all figure whose imaginary character people will still respect ("The Reasonable Guy", as a vibe) and still put loyalty and trust in, despite perhaps being fed up with how annoying and unlikable top leadership are — and thus they stay roped (back) in, where having to rationalise away cognitive dissonance does the rest by itself. again, i'm just talking about the structural dynamics — he may be a complicit rug-sweeper but he's not one of these epic bacon disney villain aspirants like a bunch of the other mastermind-larpers in "illum" and up.

i'm not laying this out to vilify him, rather just to point out that what you're identifying as "how he's siding now" is a long-term one-trick that he does every time something like this happens, and that "asher will save us" people are basically just symptoms demonstrating that the dead-horse good cop bad cop routine is still working as it was administratively designed to.

this in turn points towards e.g. kesper being one of the only people in this whole thread who understands that this is not an institution you can fix with reform.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

the pastebin a few pages back posted:

(7:44:10 PM) the_mittani: oh man BUT KINGS DO DIE
(7:44:10 PM) plexas_aideron: :cripes:
(7:44:11 PM) madmaan: is this real life?
(7:44:13 PM) the_mittani: listen to yourselves

credibly accused of numerous things, except perhaps being self-aware

e: regarding booting innom and potentially others, wasn't innom the head GSF IT nerd? if he's running all of the services, good luck showing him the door

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 15, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

My online mid-late teens and early 20s are an endless cavalcade of regrets. I was trained wrong, as a very sick joke.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The resignation of The Mittani is a huge loss for the rights of women, who he spent his entire career trying to comfort. To learn more google “the mittani comfort women”

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

iVjLZDDc posted:

i think asher is not a bad dude at heart, but he has been one-tricking the evasive maneuver of "enlightened fence-sitter" in situations like this ever since becoming a regular FC in the alliance almost a decade ago.

one of the most important roles he plays in the institutional dynamics of GSF is being the catch-all figure whose imaginary character people will still respect ("The Reasonable Guy", as a vibe) and still put loyalty and trust in, despite perhaps being fed up with how annoying and unlikable top leadership are — and thus they stay roped (back) in, where having to rationalise away cognitive dissonance does the rest by itself. again, i'm just talking about the structural dynamics — he may be a complicit rug-sweeper but he's not one of these epic bacon disney villain aspirants like a bunch of the other mastermind-larpers in "illum" and up.

i'm not laying this out to vilify him, rather just to point out that what you're identifying as "how he's siding now" is a long-term one-trick that he does every time something like this happens, and that "asher will save us" people are basically just symptoms demonstrating that the dead-horse good cop bad cop routine is still working as it was administratively designed to.

No gently caress Asher. The last time there was a callout over a racist posted in here he loving Kramered in here to tell us how disappointed he was in all of us for bringing it up during a war because the racist in question was space important.

He can get tarred with the same brush for prioritizing a GOD drat VIDEO GAME over the safety of the people he plays it with.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

My online mid-late teens and early 20s are an endless cavalcade of regrets. I was trained wrong, as a very sick joke.

you dorks could have just been mod on goonfleet if you wanted unchecked power instead of all that psychotic poo poo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kesper North posted:

It's still current. That ad gets updated with new events. We all know that story, it's one of the foundational legends of GSF.

It's easily well known enough for the writer to not be a goon, tbh

Ok well, I’m so old I was actually there for it. I can’t for the life of me remember that guy’s name but he was canonized almost immediately and wasn’t super comfortable with it.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

elysium posted:

(8:54:57 PM) theadj: i am temporary ceo until we unfuck some things
(8:55:05 PM) The Slayer: Understood, my liege

:goonsay:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The resignation of The Mittani is a huge loss for the rights of women, who he spent his entire career trying to comfort. To learn more google “the mittani comfort women”

No results found for “the mittani comfort women”.

ohhhhhhh

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol the vintage posting where u can tell he ate like a whole handful of adderall or got coked tf up or something

No It was Ritalin.

edit: loving spelling

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Rhymenoserous posted:

No gently caress Asher. The last time there was a callout over a racist posted in here he loving Kramered in here to tell us how disappointed he was in all of us for bringing it up during a war because the racist in question was space important.

He can get tarred with the same brush for prioritizing a GOD drat VIDEO GAME over the safety of the people he plays it with.

you know, trying to outline how giving asher the benefit of the doubt is a core retention dynamic in GSF, and then writing that post in a tone that tries to give him the benefit of the doubt, was a pretty funny self-own

Torpor posted:

What in gods name? Eve attracts the most normal people

it's a pretty decent username for, like you just saw, baiting out "WHO IS THAT PERSON IN THE SA THREAD" paranoia from jabber warriors who treat this thread like a masquerade ball of wrongspeak that they need to keep dossiers on, so — like you said — the most normal people

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you dorks could have just been mod on goonfleet if you wanted unchecked power instead of all that psychotic poo poo

Buddy, the only person whose power we did not have an ironclad check on was Solo. Anyone else with any power only had it because they were organically doing what we wanted done. lol

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
70 pages ago I said best case scenario is he'll step down. They'll do a cultural revolution for all 50 of the middle management dorks and that'll be that.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

the slayer seems to have his head screwed on straight and theadj's response to that made it seem pretty sarcastic

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

Buddy, the only person whose power we did not have an ironclad check on was Solo. Anyone else with any power only had it because they were organically doing what we wanted done. lol

yeah but that's psychotic, I did what I wanted until I got bored without any manipulation

and then i had to bridge freighters around so there are no winners

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zodium posted:

SOOOOOLOOOOOOOOODRAKBAN
SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

70 pages ago I said best case scenario is he'll step down. They'll do a cultural revolution for all 50 of the middle management dorks and that'll be that.

If it's a real cultural revolution this time then loving good. But given, you know, everything, I have my fuckin doubts.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

raminasi posted:

the slayer seems to have his head screwed on straight and theadj's response to that made it seem pretty sarcastic

Yeah I read more of his messages and might just be trolling. Sometimes you can't tell for sure.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
until fnln is given ceo of goonfleet i will never return

please stop asking

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Furnok Dorn posted:

fnln you son of a bitch i do not sound like ray romano

This is exactly what someone who sounds like ray romano would say.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

PST posted:

Silent Dodger is the loving awful RA leader in 2012 or 13 or so who was absolutely openly scraping the alliance clean of every ISK he could and transferring it to get intermediaries to sell it for cash. He cleaned them out, and it was only later when I discovered this that his sly demands and requests during negotiations for LODRA's first excursion back to the south made sense.

I know that everyone accuses every Russian leader (eve and irl obv) of corruption but google "eve online silent dodger rmt" and you'll see he shamelessly admitted it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Does anyone have a figure for the number of capital ships the mittani has lost the alliance over the last few days?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

who cares

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah but that's psychotic, I did what I wanted until I got bored without any manipulation

and then i had to bridge freighters around so there are no winners

It was sociopathic and it took me years to unfuck my brain, and the guy who was running the psycho show is still running it. He hasn't learned anything except how to be more effective at it, and has changed only in that he has gotten more monstrous.

End it. End it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
imo please don't rejoin the Goonswarm© network of chat and ingame services ever, even if a lot of people running the org quit. Reset your access keys and let the pubbies have it. Starting your own thing is very easy in 2022, especially if you just want to have fun and aren't worried about weird poo poo like tracing IP addresses and proxies to find 'spies', etc.

Good job Omar