Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mdemone posted:

I'm aware of that ya dingus. I'm asking about why can't Nintendo remove your right to download the software, thereby "selling" your copy of it, for a very tiny GP return?
Because such a transaction doesn’t benefit them in any way at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

American McGay posted:

Because such a transaction doesn’t benefit them in any way at all.

Neither does giving some GP for new purchases.

Edit: why is this a hard comparison for y'all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Giving GP for new purchases involves a purchase, which is beneficial to them. You can’t get GP without giving Nintendo money.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

American McGay posted:

Giving GP for new purchases involves a purchase, which is beneficial to them. You can’t get GP without giving Nintendo money.

Right, but my point is that having some GP, makes you more likely to buy something because you can convert them into a coupon.

I guess I should have explained that. It's the basis of giving GP to begin with, you know it will be turned back in as a coupon but that's still a sale you might not have gotten.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Deleting your license doesn't help Nintendo at all, so there's no point in them trying to incentivize people to do it.

If they want to encourage people to buy things by allowing them to purchase a game for a lower cost than usual, they can do that by holding a sale.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

As a final update to anyone with the same issue, I was able to reset my 2FA no problem through the online chat. They just needed me to have access to my email.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

antidote posted:

As a final update to anyone with the same issue, I was able to reset my 2FA no problem through the online chat. They just needed me to have access to my email.

Put future 2FA backup codes in an email to yourself.

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 15, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why would they bother

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

bushisms.txt posted:

Just got a terabyte SD card, and just spent the last 2 days downloading my entire library. My ocd can breathe now.

:hfive: I do most of my gaming on PS4, so I didn't need a card THAT big, but I have my 256 gig card arriving this weekend for my Switch!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Has anyone else ever randomly got Error 2107-0114 while in sleep mode requiring a restart? just had to send mine in because of it happening five times this week and wonder of they'll send me a fresh new Switch or not.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Morter posted:

Put future 2FA backup codes in an email to yourself.

You got it, honestly feels like I would've done this last time, but I couldn't find it. Pays to be double careful.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

nintendo just announced its new handheld console the "Nintendo Dip" which comes with a 5x3mm OLED screen which is magnified to a useable size by dipping the console in any nearby fishtank!

e: preorders are already sold out

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

free hubcaps posted:

nintendo just announced its new handheld console the "Nintendo Dip" which comes with a 5x3mm OLED screen which is magnified to a useable size by dipping the console in any nearby fishtank!

Haha cool. Great post. Keep em comin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

Haha cool. Great post. Keep em comin.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

free hubcaps posted:

oh yeah are the people who preordered them called DipShits?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

free hubcaps posted:

Was this designed for Pillboi?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Sent my Joycons off to Nintendo on Tuesday and now I’m playing drift free today. Would be better if I didn’t have to mail them off at all, but I appreciate the speedy service. I have a portable console again.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
sent off my whole drat switch today and hopefully its as speedy as a joy con repair

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

When I sent my joycons off for drift, one of them came back without the ability to read amiibo.

Syfe fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 15, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
nice of them to give you an upgraded joy con

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Syfe posted:

When I sent my joycons off for drift, one of them came back without the ability to read amiibo.

They actually just send someone's joycon back to you, while they repair yours and do the same to it. Next time you play, think about all the games this joycon has also been with. And reconsider if you need one of those rubber safety grip things or not :mrwhite:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is Crysis 2 worth playing? And are the load times on portal companion a deal killer?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I remember liking it, but I forgot how good Portal 2 is. Playing them back to back, 1 feels like the introductory chapter to 2's big box of ideas and mechanics.

If a game ever needed a Mario Maker engine...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Electromax posted:

I remember liking it, but I forgot how good Portal 2 is. Playing them back to back, 1 feels like the introductory chapter to 2's big box of ideas and mechanics.

I had never played 1, but watching my son play through it is exquisite. They were figuring out what could be done, but it wasn't yet as over-the-top as 2, which makes for a more sedate feel.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

free hubcaps posted:

Nintendo Dip your balls in hyrdofluoric acid

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Augus posted:

Nintendo Dip your balls in hyrdofluoric acid

And ruin the matte finish!?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Electromax posted:

If you can, play Portal 2 on PC; there's an INCREDIBLY in-depth and easy to use level editor that's like click and drag, and you can pop in on the fly to test out your test chamber. It's wonderful, and a shame that it's not included in the Switch version.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Is Crysis 2 worth playing? And are the load times on portal companion a deal killer?

I haven't fired up 2 yet (finally got around to finishing 1 again this morning), but load times weren't bad on 1

looking forward to hearing J.K. Simmons scream about lemons all over again

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If you can, play Portal 2 on PC; there's an INCREDIBLY in-depth and easy to use level editor that's like click and drag, and you can pop in on the fly to test out your test chamber. It's wonderful, and a shame that it's not included in the Switch version.

Good call, very cool editor. Am now watching kaizo portal chambers on youtube.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Checking Custom Robo 1 and 2 on the JP N64 app. They seem like games I would have loved if they were localized back in the day. Gonna check out the GameCube one now.

Also checked out MLB The Show trial and yeah, this port is way too compromised to be fun. I appreciate ambitious Switch ports like Doom 2016 and Eternal but this one looks really bad.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 16, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If anyone liked Rune Factory 5 but couldn't deal with the Switch's performance (it was terrible). It just came out on Steam and it runs amazing. Still looks like a Switch game but so smooth

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Barreft posted:

If anyone liked Rune Factory 5 but couldn't deal with the Switch's performance (it was terrible). It just came out on Steam and it runs amazing. Still looks like a Switch game but so smooth

Harvestella looks a worthy successor.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

glassyalabolas posted:

Harvestella looks a worthy successor.

yeah that's what i'm lookin forward to. it's easy to torrent RF5 so just wanted to let people know who got hosed over buying the Switch version

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the Sunset Kingdom in Klonoa 2 is an utter bastard of a stage. heart in my mouth for half those platforming puzzles

the fact that extra lives are so hard to come by doesn't help with the stress

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I always read Klonoa as Cloaca

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Barreft posted:

I always read Klonoa as Cloaca

oh are we still talking about horny nintendo games