Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

These features are stuff most homeowners don't touch cuz its honestly nothing. You aren't missing anything

It's not nothing though? I have made quite a lot of money off of gardening and the people that I know who went to the trouble of scamming a fc house onto a single character are raking it in. Though I think you can't really do the latter thing anymore.

I mean they are nothing in the sense that the gameplay around them is tedious and awful and blows and is why everyone should be skeptical as gently caress about island sanctuary, but they aren't nothing in terms of, "look at all this money I am printing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The previews of the island sanctuary make it sound like a solo version of a Eureka map with Harvest Moon mechanics. They also explicitly pointed out that the gardening done there is not at all like estate gardening.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SettingSun posted:

The previews of the island sanctuary make it sound like a solo version of a Eureka map with Harvest Moon mechanics. They also explicitly pointed out that the gardening done there is not at all like estate gardening.
What the hell would Hand/Land Eureka even look like...

Wrangling???

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, you know, something that just came up right now to me: since 6.2 Savage will be delayed by a week, will they delay tomestones a week like then do on X.0 patches?

I'll admit I wish they do in case the patch releases before I'm back at my PC so I don't have to do a wild midnight run to cap tomestones...

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

There was at one point going to be a rancher gathering class- or multiple specilized forms thereof- back in 1.0 plans, but it never panned out.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nessus posted:

What the hell would Hand/Land Eureka even look like...

Wrangling???

like the Diadem

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

It's not nothing though? I have made quite a lot of money off of gardening and the people that I know who went to the trouble of scamming a fc house onto a single character are raking it in. Though I think you can't really do the latter thing anymore.

I mean they are nothing in the sense that the gameplay around them is tedious and awful and blows and is why everyone should be skeptical as gently caress about island sanctuary, but they aren't nothing in terms of, "look at all this money I am printing."

Sure, if you want to put the effort into it you can make some cash but it's always framed like some fun feature being gatekept.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm mad apartments cap at 100 items placed, I'll knife fight you for a house.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i know what the content is, i just would like to have access to it for moneymaking and completionism instead of not having any reasonable access to it. simple as that

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I haven't ever had to really go ham on healing when the party is competent, and that's all the way back to having Cleric Stance on White Mage while not having more instant heals than Benediction. The challenge was more just about making sure to be out of it at regular enough intervals that the tank didn't collapse while your heals were as strong as a Summoner's.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RME posted:

is it really triage healing if it’s just that the fight is such a joke that you can heal extremely sloppy pulls to a clear

Yeah, because the tanks take more sustained damage from the boss than anything since E8S and people take random, non-lethal damage from mechanics all the time. Shiva Unreal was the same. There's no spot healing on anything else in modern encounters.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 15, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Doomykins posted:

I'm mad apartments cap at 100 items placed, I'll knife fight you for a house.

This is also lovely. If housing is going to keep being this hard to get, they need to increase the item limit of apartments and FC houes to at least 200. Maybe even 300.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Island sanctuary is probably going to be something similar to the player farm in Pandaria in WoW.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A Moose posted:

Island sanctuary is probably going to be something similar to the player farm in Pandaria in WoW.

we already know it's going to both support visitors and be larger than roughly 25 square feet so it'd be a massive improvement

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

if apartments had a balcony or something where i could idk, put my fuckin kettle nexus or something, i'd be content. if island sanctuary has some outdoor furnishing capabilities, that would own

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

flatluigi posted:

we already know it's going to both support visitors and be larger than roughly 25 square feet so it'd be a massive improvement

Just like garrisons from Warlords!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The one thing that gets me about housing is that the cost from the player to maintain their estate is close to nil. To me that is absurd when demand is so high from both the playerbase and from just a straight dev support angle.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I loved the Pandaria farms so much. It was just so pleasant logging in at my farm and coming out to the gorgeous zone it was in, and doing my gardening and whatever. I know this is the FF thread but gosh Pandaria was great

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SettingSun posted:

The one thing that gets me about housing is that the cost from the player to maintain their estate is close to nil. To me that is absurd when demand is so high from both the playerbase and from just a straight dev support angle.

that would be interesting if there was a monthly upkeep cost. hit the people with 20 vacant houses a bit.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The housing upkeep cost is your subscription and not being allowed to take a break from playing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kerrzhe posted:

this is legit one of the prettiest tattoos ive ever seen :swoon:
I'm so happy with her. We had a video chat a week before the session with the artist and I was super paranoid I hadn't been able to get what I had in mind across, but she loving *nailed* it with the design, and even then I'm still legit amazed at how well it came out. I'm over the moon. :kimchi:

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It really is. Anybody could look at that and go 'goddamn that's beautiful'.
I've been wearing hoodies/jackets when I go outside since I got it since winter, but one of the few times I was wearing a short sleeved shirt a young lady did a double take and went "I love that tattoo". I got a whole bunch of 'em and I very seldom get comments on any of the others :v:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Macaluso posted:

I loved the Pandaria farms so much. It was just so pleasant logging in at my farm and coming out to the gorgeous zone it was in, and doing my gardening and whatever. I know this is the FF thread but gosh Pandaria was great

Valley of the 4 winds is the best content that WoW ever made. A very charming zone about feeding your neighbors.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

seriously do not expect anything at all relating to normal housing to have anything to do with island sanctuaries lol yoship keeps saying this for a reason!!!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Firebert posted:

Yeah, because the tanks take more sustained damage from the boss than anything since E8S and people take random, non-lethal damage from mechanics all the time. Shiva Unreal was the same. There's no spot healing on anything else in modern encounters.

tanking both these fights, i do not really feel like it played out like that. ARR tended to have smaller more regular mini busters instead of larger spikes of them i cant truly call that triage
shiva was also an incredibly loose fight you can get sloppy clears through fwiw

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dryzen posted:

seriously do not expect anything at all relating to normal housing to have anything to do with island sanctuaries lol yoship keeps saying this for a reason!!!

The last live letter went to great lengths to make this clear. Unique inventory, area, turnins, currency, mechanics. They stopped short of flat out saying THIS IS NOT HOUSING. But only just.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

That won't stop people from hoping it has outdoors housing stuff, or complaining once it comes out.

(TBF giving a non-housing option for gardening and outdoors housing is a good idea. Gardening could be done with apartments though, just have a pot at the lobby or smth.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

(TBF giving a non-housing option for gardening and outdoors housing is a good idea. Gardening could be done with apartments though, just have a pot at the lobby or smth.)

I'm not sure how that would work since IIRC the lobby isn't instanced. It's not like the chocobo stables where it's a binary thing - you have to be able to tend to a given garden plot for several days before any cross-breeding happens.

The actual easiest fix would just be to make an indoor planter that can cross-breed.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm not sure how that would work since IIRC the lobby isn't instanced. It's not like the chocobo stables where it's a binary thing - you have to be able to tend to a given garden plot for several days before any cross-breeding happens.

The actual easiest fix would just be to make an indoor planter that can cross-breed.

Oh, shows how much I know about gardening :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

flatluigi posted:

i know what the content is, i just would like to have access to it for moneymaking and completionism instead of not having any reasonable access to it. simple as that

You're not missing out on Submarines and poo poo because you can't get a personal house. They're FC only.

And since Submarines are FC only, literally only 1% of players are ever going to have access to that in the first place - unless FCs open that up to others. Hell, talk to someone in the Goon FCs, I'm sure they'd let you gently caress around with it.

And honestly, the same goes for gardening. Talk to your FC, see if you can use the gardening beds.

There are still FC plots open. Go start your own FC and get yourself a house. Then you have your garden plot and your submarines.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Obviously the solution is to give players a submarine with a garden plot inside that you can decorate like a house. You'll get it in the Subnautica crossover event

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I would never know submarines even existed in the game if not for reading this thread.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

sassassin posted:

I would never know submarines even existed in the game if not for reading this thread.

Must be nice, I've run into multiple glam piece I want that require sub items.

I mean I'm an officer in my FC and can just yoink control of our subs for a while to get the stuff I want, and we have a mechanism in our FC discord where people can put in orders for sub/airship mats, but yeah. :v:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I forgot to even bid last night. I had a spreadsheet and everything. :smith:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think what first taught me about submarines is that I couldn't craft the materials to make certain faded copies into orchestrion rolls without them before ending my free trial, which annoyed me to no end.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I need to do Eden 8 more often. It's a fun fight but every time I go in there I remember the mechanics just enough to get them all wrong. Especially thew knockback.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is absolutely nobody doing CC, or is there another reason my queues have gotten a lot longer once the new season started?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I used to play a lot but now I'm unsubscribed until criterion.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I need to do Eden 8 more often. It's a fun fight but every time I go in there I remember the mechanics just enough to get them all wrong. Especially thew knockback.

there's like an 90% chance the main tank who pulls the instant the barrier goes down gets yeeted off the stage and i giggle every time

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

attempting to learn nu-Summoner this evening. is there any reason not to use up the attunement abilities right away & summon the next one asap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Oneiros posted:

there's like an 90% chance the main tank who pulls the instant the barrier goes down gets yeeted off the stage and i giggle every time

I'm in this post and I don't like it.