Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dr_Gee posted:

hey now the cats and The Duke are, technically, Fae IIRC

but otherwise 100% Kaigan *wants* a fight and, well, i can't say it better than

While they are technically faefolk, they are not Fae-with-a-capital-F (at least not that I recall anyways).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Team up with kaigen and the kobolds to gently caress up mcd and then go from there

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
I mean on the one hand fighting both Kaigen and MC&D in this place of all places sounds positively suicidal and not entirely sane. I don't believe we're walking out of this unscathed, if at all. Especially with those skills triggering.

On the other hand... I can think of worse ways to die than trying to defend one of the few decent folk roaming this place. Ya only live once, might as well make something out of it. Just hope the little critters dont get caught in the crossfire. Though they actually may be more badass than we're giving them credit for, considering they're essentially dragons.

Well, I'm going full Kobold. If Kaigen wants a hero we might as well give him a show. No remorse, no mercy, no hope, no quarter... Just a bit of good ol ultraviolence :black101:

Grond fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 14, 2022

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
If people see the tyrant-child as a causer of devastation, it only makes sense to ally ourselves to disaster, does it not?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Was there ever any choice here? KOBOLD. MARKET.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Marluxia posted:

Was there ever any choice here? KOBOLD. MARKET.

I mean, there was a choice. It's just that the options were "KOBOLD. MARKET." and 3 wrong ones.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
see, this is why I was like "well, at least we got deathwalk" lol

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Randalor posted:

I mean, there was a choice. It's just that the options were "KOBOLD. MARKET." and 3 wrong ones.

Basically. I'm hoping this will reset the TYRANNY counter as well. Taking on both ogres and fae (they'll realize who we are real soon and should speed up that clean team) is likely to wear Tyrant out anyway.

Collateral damage is definitely going to happen. All I can hope is that Kaigen knows well enough to back off eventually because I don't think Murderous Intent will let us stop even if it'd make sense.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'd be fine with allowing the Ogres to have the market myself, I kinda like the Ogre faction. But as a real valid reason as I've ever seen in this LP to actually activate Murderous Intent? Every other time it was just being a murderhobo, not particularly interesting generally.

But yeah the other two options were MC&D or either Ogre/MC&D, but not knowing which one until later on, and you don't gain favour with either. Both are bad.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm starting to consider the idea that perhaps Holy isn't necessarily a value judgement -- that it's about divine-style or level of power. After all, in most fantasy settings, evil gods are still gods, and their followers would consider what they do as holy.

Also interesting that Kaigen knows/understands that while we weren't the ones who intentionally split the sun (that was the four heroes of the holy end), it was still because the Sunsplitter was only possible to create using our soul gem/soul metal (I forget which). And that Kaigen has taken the tack of "now that my destiny is hidden, it must mean it's even more powerful than before" or something along that line instead of hating us for destroying his visible destiny via the sun.

And fun that we have taken on the role of villian in the dreamlands via our association with Duke Sauber, yet now also the hero in Kaigen's eyes in sticking up for the kobolds.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Nothing escapes the gravity of the black hole, so it seems natural to me that the narrative roles of 'villain' and 'hero' would end up spiraling together within the tyrant-child.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Kaigen called us a hero after seeing the sword as well. He may recognize it as belonging to the very-much-dead Hero we fought in the Dreamlands. They seemed pretty pissed at losing their destin(y/ies?) too, so I wouldn't find it a huge stretch if they'd crossed paths before. Seems like the sort of thing fate would do.

It'd mean we're wielding a real capital-letter Destined Hero's sword while defending the kobolds. Not only is it an added layer of irony, it's an indication that other people with destinies are seeking us out. It's always nice to know that you're not the only one whispering prayers and finding salvation in the same place, even if Kaigen wouldn't put it that way.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - The Only Thing That Makes Sense

Side With Kaigen - 7
Side With Amey - 0
Run Away - 1
Be a complete loving psycho. - 33

...LOADING

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Great...great choice everyone, enjoy whatever happens to our kobold friends next.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

:sickos:

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
:sickos:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If being a psycho is what it takes to stand up to both the local bully as well as the largest bully, so be it.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I realize the thread has largely moved beyond the notion of us using any keyboard inputs, but is *this* encounter important enough to bust out the long-awaited Ctrl+F8?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TYRANNY: [ X ][20%]
ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][60%]

You need to stay in control. Lungs are bubbling. Warmed wet, coated slippery with raw oxygen. Inhale, and try to make this new magic work. Inhale. They're screaming at one another. Accusations and aggressions. It means whoever wins, the kobolds suffer worse. But how? How? How do you defeat these manyfold mighty without the invite of the scythe? How do you frighten the mad divine and the banal magical? Your heart is engine-turned, racing through every plea and bargain and compromise. There has to be a way! One without slay. How how how... you know. You know where the how is waiting. No suffocating this time. Inhale, as the darkness creeps out from the back of the black and blankets over you; we sigh as the crown descends, and I shiver with stomach-wrenching pains of anxious need. My dragons. My little dragons. They have their market, and I want it to stay that way without stupid disgusting greedy lovely faeries loving it all up. I need this. I need a little happy nest all the way out in the bleeding dark, I need somewhere safe hidden under the Mountain. I have to do something to make them go away, I have to protect the little dragons, I have to do whatever it takes. They'll escalate soon, and I plan to cut them in line. The fireworks? No no no. Too much collateral. The lemons; those can be smeared into an eye if things go downhill. They're all going to be sorry. This hateful corpsewhite sword I drew like a fool; it might be best. Tip-tap my heart, to hear the parasite start. I think I know now. My gun; pop it open real fast and pour the bullets out into the pocket, slam in that finger-scalding glowred round, snap it shut and dial it to main. Kiss Red's shroud in pray. Let the little dragon go to hold my bag as I smile sincere at them with a wink. Gun aimed sky. Sword dragged down. They won't see this coming. Inhale with my bubbly bright lungs, peak the saturation, and then begin the interruption.

(HT - Project it...) 15 - [5]+[1]+[5] = 10 - Success.

"̕A͘ ͝C̡̕͝ŲR̷͘͝S̢͏E̷͞ ̨͘OǸ ͝Y̶̶͝O͢U̢"͟͟

My volume sends the kobolds flattened down, ogres flinching with combat ready, and forces Emperor & President to both startle and watch me begin my advance with their full attent. I let the bodybag-heavy sword carve along the dock ground, while I stumble-step in slowest aggression with the gun held at a threatening angle. The Emperor immediately notices my change of demeanor, feeling the weight in the beachcool air as I bring gravity into my intent; little shadows are distant singularities. I make sense of my threat, singing mad, pointing with blade while I demand of them: Out, Out, Out. Amey gets a look, nervous recognition that they're fighting to place because their body is telling them they're going to die. I try to find the nightmare inside of me that's willing to go through what I'm about to do to myself, and I know it'll hurt worse having to see them all killed. That there are no streets for them to run to and hide in. It can't. It can't happen again. Just this once, it must not. I will not. I'm going to scare them. I'm going to scar them for the rest of their lives. In order to push my intent ahead of theirs, to enact the true of my threat, to teach them yet again that there is a greater force in these lands, I place the gun to my head and demand; Begone, a curse on you. Kaigen loses his incredible strength, knees weak as he opens his hands in sudden plea when he sees me threaten my own life. "What- no! No, no!" Amey fades from fear to incredulity, not believing I'd actually kill myself, or if I will, then what's the problem? I'm counting on that hesitant, allowing them to step closer with their hands starting to think of ways to disable me, which provokes Kaigen to rush them with long reach. They don't see my hand fighting to keep still, the wet forming in my sunken eyes, the terrible flare of nostrils dragging in calming oxygen. It has to be now; I have to time it to make this work! But I know a lot of tricks, don't I? I know about them.

「Timed Hits!!」

I only need to wait for it... and they're all in the perfect frame. That atom-split window. I just need to will myself to do it. Exhale screaming at the top of my almighty lungs;

(WL - Intent.) 20 - [2]+[1]+[1] = 4 - Critical Success.

I don't blink when I pull the trigger, and wreathe my crown in sunburnt flame.

T́Y͟R҉̸̨A̧N̷N̢͡Y: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][9҉9̴̧%̕̕]
ANXIETY: [1%]

「Tyrant Manifest」
「Murderous Intent」
「Lionheart」
「Singing Voice」
「Whalelung」
「I n e v i t a b l e」
「DEAD SWORD」
「Burnsun Bullet」
「Solar Veil」
「Molten Veins」
「Psychic Shield」

Don't stop screaming. Let the bubbles pop slow as possible. Begin to exert Absolute Bodily Control. My head is on fire. I have to keep screaming as I stalk forward. Kaigen's gunshot despair turns to horror. Amey's confused body fails them. The fire has spread to my shoulders and I dig feet into sand as the flames drip from me, unable to take to the boardwalk. My scream pitches on and they're all backing up out of pure instinct; I can taste the sharpness of their wounding. My torso, burning, burning, and I know I have little time to act even though only a second has passed. I drag the parasite into obedience as it thrashes panicked from my immolation. Red's shroud remains a wraith cloud. The gun is dropped, leaving the cold dead blade. I bring the full of my strength. ALL of it. Everything my midnight can drag into singularity.

(!Darkness - A Curse On Thee) 20 - [1]+[1]+[3] = 5 - Great Success.
(Kadath Regalia - Regality) 20 - [6]+[6]+[2] = 14 - Success.
[-24 HP]
[Corr̵upte̢d.̧.͞.̴]

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][80%]
ANXIETY: [1%]
HP: [ 0 / 25 ] [ON FIRE!]
FP: [ 11 / 15 ] [ON FIRE!]

Will they believe it? When my blood stains the sands, cursing it with the heat I endure. I need to keep screaming to walk ahead of the pain. My skin is already gone but the red suit is immaculate; the fires are taking the shape of the Parade. I walk like the God Dead Hero, Ghost of Hell, every step measured to advance and corner them out the way they came. They can't see the soft psychic shield shimmering, lapping up the worst of the corona as I intentionally prolong my pain to keep the flames going bright. They have to buy it. I have to hurt them. I have to let my blood curse them, hate them, shame them. See it? The sands are glowing deadly hot. Some ogres scream and fall, rolling. Many bend down to carry or hold others as they withstand the agony. Amey flinches and grabs at a small crystal phone, whispering into it ceaselessly; back down back down back down back down back down back down back down. Kaigen alone walks to me, unable to understand what I am now a sign of. I don't stop my walk. I gather my intent.

HP: [ -24 / 25 ] [Immune to Fire]
FP: [ 10 / 15 ] [Immune to Fire]

I've bled all I can, and now the fires have torn me down to muscle and bone. Yet my body continues to regrow, angry flesh stubbornly reforming from the endless drift of ashen matter. My eyes remain whole, stare-locked into the Emperor's as he leans down to ask in awe-

"My Hero. What have they done to you?"

I answer him. I turn to push the point of the Dead Sword into my burning heart.

HP: [ -34 / 25 ] [DEATH CHECK]
[-10 HP]

(HT - Heartwound Death Check) 15(-5) - [1]+[4]+[2] = 7 - Success.

I force my pulse to keep beating, molten blood pouring out bright into the too-starry night. The murdered sword is soaking with it, cursed to its hollow core. I let ichor divine drain down from my Red Right Hand, and with all of my promise I stab the Emperor through and leave the cursed blade pierced into his mighty heart. Kaigen falls back, not as if wounded, but as though spurned by a lover. He looks at the horrifying splinter, plucking it out with a cry. It's only a dagger in his terrible hands but he keeps it, fist closed around dead metal, accepting in full the curse he cannot understand. But I whisper it in my heart.

Know the weak, Mighty Kaigen. Know what a Hero really is. Know what waits for you inside the corpse of Destiny.

He stumblewalks away without turning his back on me, army legion crying into the night as they run to the safety of the distant cooling shallows. Amey has already vanished back into the foliage and through the dreamgate, which collapses from the sheer weight of my gravity annihilating the glass-soft supports of the Dream-Wake tunnel. The way is shut; the way is shut. Only Destruction here. It leaves the Emperor staring out through the black at the kobolds and I, my body everburning with the shape of the Parade, my heart starbright. His alabaster fades to gray, those piercing eyes unblinking through his tears. He will never stop clutching that slain blade. I wait. I wait longer. Further still, until he's gone.

My trance of Hell is broken when sixteen different kinds of aquarium replacement water is hauled out and used to douse my bonfire. Since the cultflame can't ash me, it deigns to give up and be quenched.

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][70%]
ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][60%]

I barely hold onto the disgusting of my will, managing to scream banshee out into the black with intimidation and terror instead of what it really is; crying from my body regenerating back to a baseline of second-degree burned flesh. I get dragged to the boardwalk and dunked into one of the waterflows, left to float there screaming and thrashing while half-drowning in the hyperadrenal body seizure. The cooling gives enough sanity for me to seize control and exhale with a violent focus of my sharpened mind. Burnt mitochondria, find the chemical recall of that sweetest sap. Give it to me, twofold.

https://i.imgur.com/JyVsZoF.mp4

(Bubbleblood II) 13 - [6]+[6]+[1] = 13 - Success [By 0].
(Bubbleblood II) 13 - [4]+[5]+[3] = 12 - Success [By 1].
Healing: 2d & 2d+1 = 13 HP healed!

[-4 FP]

HP: [ -21 / 25 ] [Stabilized...]
FP: [ 6 / 15 ] [Exhausted]
TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][60%]
ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%]

It barely works. My burnt blood bubbles enough to drag me away from the scythe, but that's all I can manage through the pain. I drift. Sometimes I snarl and scream, thrashing. I feel Silver pass me by. I fall asleep, wake up, and sleep again in fevered fits. My darkness pulls me around in diatribes of manic self-loathing, often tinting to terror as I pull for a gun that's not there to blindfire at shadows. Do I hear kobolds working? What day is it? I roll and grab onto wood and cry, but I do it under the water so she can't hear me and think to get angry at me. I have to keep it together. I must. I did it, right? They can't take away my little dragons. God save me, I can smell earthquakes and cyclones, wild fires and flash floods. I'm laughing this time and my body is writhing with the need to express the radiance I dragged through me with the Parade. I'm shouting again and begging the little dragons to not look, don't look at the horizon, don't look at that Final Final Dark Dark City. It's there, one million miles above us. Just don't look at the shape. When little claws gently pull me ashore, I can't help but gasp animal and grab one, holding onto it despite some protest as I shake and whimper. Shhhhhhh, little dragon. Hide! We have to keep you safe!

But then I see my gun, and stand from the pool to grab and holster it. My legs go jelly and I fall, smashing into the wood planks. Kobolds help me up, handing me my pack as I try to whisper 'thank you', but only blood and barfed bubbles comes up from my parched throat. They're leading me, now. Do you see this? I can't feel anything but my hands. Clawed, lean, little. They're reloading! God bless, the pocket bullets are in my hands and the gun is loaded despite the horrible pain of making them move so clean smooth. I'm laughing; my intent is just that reliable. The kobolds point to the midday gray; is it tomorrow? Today? Did the night just blinksnap go away? I'm seated at a bench, and they're forcing me to drink clean water. I'm trying to thank them and I'm raving mad. I need to go, don't I? I have to stop making a scene. I have to go! I stand up delirious and eat some mints from a bowl. Purposefully, I walk right to where I was lead in the other day, kobolds following me with concern I'm too hosed up to recognize. They wetly blink and watch as I stalk right to the booth with those hot socks, and I act real bold; can I have a pair, on the house? The red kobold at the counter blinks once, and quickly fetches me a pair of oven-warmed fresh socks. Putting them on is just too good, way too good to explain. They're hot fresh socks. For one second, they make me feel like everything might be ok.

HP: [ -18 / 25 ] [+3 Healed Overnight]
FP: [ 10 / 15 ] [Poor Painful Sleep]
TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%]
ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%] [Thank God, Fresh Socks]
[Amey thinks you're a complete loving psychopath.]
[Location Secured: Kobold Market]
[Emperor Kaigen, the Beast, has been Cursed.]
[Lost 'Dead Sword', for now...]
[Used up 'Burnsun Bullet']

I did it. I did it. It's tomorrow and I can't stop walking in these fresh socks, or else I'll fall down screaming. I did it. The kobolds are free. I promised them, I cursed them, I TOLD them to stop hurting little dragons. Go away. Go away, you rapacious freaks. I'm on walk. I'm not stopping. I can't think right. I'm not going to bother the Silver Mind for help. I'm not allowing the mushrooms to soothe me. I need to bear this. I need to be hurt. I'm going to keep walking, and I'm going to make the Mountain see how strong my intent is. I cannot be drowned. I cannot be burned. I cannot be buried. I cannot be stopped. I leave the market with every kobold watching my zombie-stumble steps, my proper sword drawn (that soft gold makes my heart hurt...) and dragged through the bloodcursed sands. They'll keep little dragons safe. They'll remind. I'm northwound and the sands are doing it again, they're hot as the Sun kissing them and so sheerbright with prismatic distortion. I shuck my red coat and vomit, corruption making my bones twist painfully. It finally stays still; my will is still too much for the Mythos to mark me just yet. I grin through the bloodpuke. I change back to my comfortable old suit, so the red one can self-clean of all the burnt meat and ash. I walk on across the rainbow-air sands until my legs give and I tumble down a long softsand hill, smashing into an enormous mini-forest of exotic umbrellas in a hundred colors and gimmicky shapes. I crawl under the shade of a wide one shaped like two mice connected at the tail, shaking as my skin screams relief from the touch of heat and light. I groan and roll over.

A dead young woman in a swimsuit greets me. I don't startle, my intent absolutely fried, numbly feeling my hand grab and pull up my gun. I don't aim, even when I see that the dead pale bikini girl is barely alive and moving. Kind of. Something is moving her. Like... like invisible fingers reaching down and managing to hook onto her bones, pulling her to sitting. Her eyes roll back down in the sockets, twinned irises melting together as full life is pumped back into the brain. I'm looking at a very sleepy and unhealthy looking woman, dressed in a once-lovely green bikini. She blinks a dozen times without saying anything, suddenly coloring aware when something shivers under her spine. She sees me and smiles. Her voice is drown-soggy sweet. "Hi."

Hey.

Black August fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 15, 2022

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[whispers] was that good.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hostile V posted:

[whispers] was that good.

The Kobold Market is now officially the Kobold Market, and has cornered some incredible real estate and access to goods. Unfortunately while it is considered to be safe territory you can rest in, because of your stunt and all the kobolds, every time you shop there you might run into another disaster.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
do you see what i mean about the gun, lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think it's beach babe? that was in the blue book i wanna say

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

ah, time to deliver that message and gently caress right off back to paprika.

Kinda hate that we did nothing to the MCD guy AND hurt kaigen, that's extremely not ideal even if we did help the kobolds.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
That was loving hardcore. Holy loving poo poo.

The MC drew out the ogres through sheer agony with the power of their loving cursed, everburning BLOOD. While ON FIRE. Having shot themself in the loving head and stabbed themself through their VAMPIRE PARASITE POWERED HEART with a sword carrying the dead fate of a damned hero. Holy poo poo. :black101:

Like it's been 20 minutes and I still have the stupidest grin in my face right now dude :allears:

Also what's up with Kaigen feeling Random towards us by the way? Does that mean he doesn't know what to make of us? Not that I'd blame the guy.

Grond fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 15, 2022

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
KOBOLD.

MOTHERLOVIN'.

MARKET! :supaburn:

Well, that was certainly quite a ride! Sounds like our Intrepid Protagonist has certainly given Kaigen and Amey something to think about. (I have to wonder what effects that Curse will have on Kaigen... I'm sure we'll be seeing him again sometime. Maybe we'll even get the sword back. :P)

The extra corruption from the Kadath Regalia is a little worrying, but we were definitely not going to get out of facing down two major powers at once unscathed. As it is--the protagonist has survived, and unless I'm very mistaken, we've found Beach Babe and can get one more sidequest out of the way.

The MC&D faction wasn't exactly fond of the protagonist previously, and now they're probably even less so; I would hope that this won't have any negative repercussions on our Ulthar allies, but I feel like the cats would overall approve of the protagonist's protective urges.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

ah, time to deliver that message and gently caress right off back to paprika.

Kinda hate that we did nothing to the MCD guy AND hurt kaigen, that's extremely not ideal even if we did help the kobolds.

We humbled Kaigen, gave him the sword of a hero, and hopefully reminded him that being a hero means being willing to make self-sacrifices.

As for the MCD President (I just realized that I think they're the & in MC&D's naming)... eh, I'll settle for scaring the poo poo out of them if it means they leave us alone. Also, did I read that right and we invoked the Parade without actually invoking it? And it made manifest in our self-conflageration? That is metal as gently caress.

Also, this goes to show that The Tyrant does reflect our actual concerns, and will sacrifice ourselves in a desperate gamble if it means saving the underdog. Good job Tyrant, you're not so bad after all.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 15, 2022

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I don't think Tyrant is particularly evil. It's just absolutely 100% dedicated and uncompromising towards whatever the current goal is. It was quite concerned about collateral damage against our lil dragon buddies, after all.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My only regret is that Deimos wasn't there

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Every day the sun sets and Deimos still hasn't been nuked a kitten cries.

With regards to the Tyrant, honestly I'm kinda happy that it's not something as simple as being just our superpowered evil side or whatever

There are some times where going all out is the right call, and tbh I'm glad it doesn't seem to be as simple as Tyrant = bad and everything else = good, otherwise it's like we always have a sign pointing to the right choice every time we get a poll. It'd feel cheap.

We still need to be careful when choosing to use Tyranny but that was always obvious.

Grond fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 15, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

holy moly

we did the shoot ourselves in the head thing again but with a nuclear bullet and also stabbed ourself in the heartworm

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Razakai posted:

I don't think Tyrant is particularly evil. It's just absolutely 100% dedicated and uncompromising towards whatever the current goal is. It was quite concerned about collateral damage against our lil dragon buddies, after all.
Yes, because they're ours. The Tyrant will do everything in its power to secure the life of itself and those it considers assets.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Kobold Market

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
Koblod Market indeed. I'm glad the kobolds didn't freak out over what we just did, because it WAS pretty hardcore.

I'm interested in the !Darkness - A Curse On Thee skill check. Did we tap into a new ability thanks to the critical? The !Darkness skill mentions it deals in curses, but I don't remember us ever dipping into that.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

The kobolds are all about disaster, and if our dear protagonist is anything, they are a disaster.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Kobold Market :allears:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I don't think that could have gone any better.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Aabcehmu posted:

The kobolds are all about disaster, and if our dear protagonist is anything, they are a disaster.

God tried to nerf them with anxiety, and yet, they are capable of being truly brave by acting in spite of their anxiety.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
So like. Kaigen is...kind of in love with the protagonist, right?

Like, it's at least partially a 'fated destined worthy foe' thing but also that is the highest form of romance. Though between Aitvaras and the crush on the Traitor they mentioned the protag's love life is already pretty complicated...

Also hi Beach Bae!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Kind of. last I checked, Kaigen was destined to die at the hands of, or at least have one final battle with, the Hero. But then Destiny broke, and life got a lot more complicated.
Kaigens been lost since, seeing us changed things. There was still a chance that their destiny could be fulfilled, and that's why Kaigan really, really didn't like what we were doing here.
If we die, they won't. Not in the right way, anyways. No final battle, no victory of hero over villain, nada. It's over, no redo. Back to wandering aimlessly.
Kaigan hasn't found anyone else to fulfill the role of Hero, and it's unlikely they will either given how the world is these days.