Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Zodium posted:

deadtear will be CEO.

same. unfree deadtear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

iVjLZDDc posted:

unfree deadtear

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt Soban posted:

So I think I'm caught up now, so Mittens is actually leaving? I wonder who's going to take over.

It'll be a mexican standoff with who can say "I don't want to do it" the loudest and the person who starts wavering first gets the job.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Wibla posted:

It'll be a mexican standoff with who can say "I don't want to do it" the loudest and the person who starts wavering first gets the job.

The reason this scenario where no sane person wants the job keeps happening is because noone should do it, everyone just continue to sunk costing themselves into keeping the monster shambling on for another cycle. Let it die.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zodium posted:

The reason this scenario where no sane person wants the job keeps happening is because noone should do it, everyone just continue to sunk costing themselves into keeping the monster shambling on for another cycle. Let it die.

That’s the thing isn’t it? No one in their right mind would actually want to do what amounts to a full time job managing goons for free and if they DO want that, then something is horribly wrong with them.

Lmao

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016
can you imagine diving headlong into a 12-year-long fugue state during which you cultivate a standing army of mini-me simps to feed your every whim and delusion and this is what they produce as the banner for your official eulogy post

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016
i would want to die — not be dead, die

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

iVjLZDDc posted:

can you imagine diving headlong into a 12-year-long fugue state during which you cultivate a standing army of mini-me simps to feed your every whim and delusion and this is what they produce as the banner for your official eulogy post

Is the text meant to look like cat poo poo?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
is that a trump rally

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol of loving course it is

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

andromache posted:

so I called him a "loving economic libtard."

what was this even trying to mean

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Kchama posted:

Mitten's ex-wife was in Russia for PhD work, and when she got held up by the FSB, he decided to use this to drain her bank accounts, steal her dog, give away her cats and divorce her and go live with his mistress while she was trapped in another country.

It sounds like he did her dirty. Makes me wonder if he slipped hashish-laced vape cartridge's in her bag. I hear the Russians don't like when that happens.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My kindly middle aged space boss is away and I have to explain all this when he gets back

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dodkalm posted:

unrelated, but if y'all are serious about a hole violence reboot under these prism dudes I'd be down as long as I don't have to run it.

:chloe:

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Sardonik posted:

what was this even trying to mean

sonically liberal, lexically conservative

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

iVjLZDDc posted:

sonically liberal, lexically conservative

Venally speaking

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Frank Frank posted:

Venally speaking

Tenally reeking

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Regarding the IT transfer poo poo -- xttz is right. At least as of five years ago, there's no way to quickly transfer over the keys to the IT poo poo. There just isn't. The Bus Factor of GSF IT is 1, for every conceivable item in the list. There are no turnkey solutions for alliance infrastructure. There was no one crosstrained in it.

The only situation in which GSF IT can be turned around quickly is one where GSF is utterly destroyed. If GSF being utterly destroyed is what you're after, then more power to you; I've got no further clarification to do or complaints to make. However, if your goal is anything even closely resembling a future for GSF with the undesirables purged, you have no option other than to work with the shitters for this very, very narrow slice of the process. To assume or demand otherwise is ignoring the reality on the ground to a degree similar to being surprised that pouring boiling water on your skin hurts. It sucks, but it's how it is.

By the way, this is a textbook way to make anything “systemic” and nearly impossible to remove.

That and when things are interconnected in even the smallest ways.

I was really surprised that GSF didn’t get heinously hosed with Solo leaving but he must have been benevolent enough.

I imagine whoever did all the API poo poo is irreplaceable because no one ever thought they would NEED to be replaced.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

CrushedWill posted:

It sounds like he did her dirty. Makes me wonder if he slipped hashish-laced vape cartridge's in her bag. I hear the Russians don't like when that happens.

There's more than enough lovely things he's done without making things up (that's not why, and i'm not going into detail on it other than it being typical russian/fsb bullshit).

While his 'resignation' self-justification was bullshit (Sitka was never his dog for example), people posting things that are easy for his defenders to dismiss reinforces the narrative he's trying to push.

Don't do that.

PST fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 16, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dodkalm posted:

Roudin came up earlier in this thread and there are some things about him that require some additional context. He used to run the Madison Monthly Meetup. As early as 2017 based on comments he'd made at MMMs it was clear dude was a Nazi. I made a fair amount of noise about this to mittens, and when nothing happened I stopped going to MMMs. During 2018 Winterswarm Roudin assaulted me at plan b/prism/whatever the gently caress it was called at the time. I later tell Mittens, Mittens tells me to tell Nom, nothing ever happens. In hindsight I should have made more noise about this at the time, but this was right after Hole Squad imploded and I was pretty much checked out of the game anyways so it didn't feel worth the effort.

unrelated, but if y'all are serious about a hole violence reboot under these prism dudes I'd be down as long as I don't have to run it.

i've posted about a HOLE SQAD reboot under PRISM but also there are no concrete plans or anything.

I'm in wait'n'see mode, post-purge - apparently the script for 'waffe was broek - for things to shape up or fall down with GSF.

E; also the fact that a loving assault went completely unhandled is digusting but tracks with the way that apparently everything else was handled: shove it under a rug and hope the survivor gets tired.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 16, 2022

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah that's Frank Frank the epsilon, as for solo no clue

Yeah I thought so.

Solo was a loving demon. He was legit the only person in GF that actually terrified me. I felt like I was a schoolkid talking to him. "Uh excuse me... Mr Drakban. uh. I was just wondering if you had a copy of yesterday's physics homework. I'm really sorry I wasn't here yesterday. All my parents died in a car crash and I broke both my legs and my arms but I really dont want to upset you so please give me all my missed work so I can catch up and never attract your attention again".

I hope he's doing well for himself.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dialhforhero posted:

By the way, this is a textbook way to make anything “systemic” and nearly impossible to remove.

I was really surprised that GSF didn’t get heinously hosed with Solo leaving but he must have been benevolent enough.

I imagine whoever did all the API poo poo is irreplaceable because no one ever thought they would NEED to be replaced.

It's also, by far, the easiest way to implement the system, especially when you're making it up as you go along. Additionally, because the methods by which coalition-scale IT is created is a highly-guarded secret by every alliance and coalition (due to the massive amount of power it gives you in-game,) there's no best practices guidelines for implementing it. It essentially has to be built from scratch by anyone who wants to have it. Which is a long way of saying "it was made up as they went along."

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Wibla posted:

Go back to tradition, the member with the most forum rep gets the job.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

dialhforhero posted:

Nobody is "irreplaceable" if one accepts that things will be hosed for a couple of months. Sure, operations will be as smooth as broken glass for a while, but change is hard.

Expecting 100% uptime is a sure way to ensure nothing substantially changes in terms of personnel.

EDIT: I type like a blindfolded monkey

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Kazinsal posted:

is that a trump rally

No, there's no pussy grabbing here. Move along.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

iVjLZDDc posted:

They've changed it. Or at least when I went to read the article just now the header was different. Also, no comments allowed :iiam:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
the wild thing about all this is like nobody really apologized, for any of it. mittani thinks he's totally innocent and is merely resigning due to "criticism" and "lies". innominate hasnt said poo poo. nobody involved has actually owned up to anything, theyre just "resigning" (allegedly, we'll see)

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

shutupandshave posted:

No, there's no pussy grabbing here. Move along.

Given the screenshots, that's not a reliable claim for the misogynist shitbag exposed for harassment and sexual assault.

Terminator
Mar 12, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

is that a trump rally

Heh, looks like someone changed it now.

Edit: Welp, I'm redundant.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CrushedWill posted:

Nobody is "irreplaceable" if one accepts that things will be hosed for a couple of months. Sure, operations will be as smooth as broken glass for a while, but change is hard.

Expecting 100% uptime is a sure way to ensure nothing substantially changes in terms of personnel.

EDIT: I type like a blindfolded monkey

aren't y'all in the middle of a coalition level deployment?

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

They've changed it. Or at least when I went to read the article just now the header was different. Also, no comments allowed :iiam:

i'm gonna be honest half the reason i posted that was to see if they were lurking & would feel embarrassed enough to. (guys it still looks rly rly bad btw)
honestly i'm really starting to see the appeal of this thread

here's a permalink
https://archive.ph/5cHGL

iVjLZDDc fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 16, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

chupacabraTERROR posted:

the wild thing about all this is like nobody really apologized, for any of it. mittani thinks he's totally innocent and is merely resigning due to "criticism" and "lies". innominate hasnt said poo poo. nobody involved has actually owned up to anything, theyre just "resigning" (allegedly, we'll see)

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I blew up Solo Drakban in world of tanks once. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Whoever wrote this chuffing hated him and it's an art

https://imperium.news/breaking-news-the-mittani-steps-down/

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BigPaddy posted:

I blew up Solo Drakban in world of tanks once. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Tell that sonofabitch I’ll find him some day

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
So who now gets the real world money generated from the Imperium's various income sources? The fatbee merch, and the various INN streams, inn.com. Who has the rights to this?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

xtothez posted:

There's going to be an orderly transition of power so the greater alliance membership aren't negatively impacted.

Here's the thing. You need to let go of this idea that this can be some smooth sailing wholesale handover where they walk away and everything is fine. Like it or not, there will be damage to the day to day functioning of the alliance because of this and it's not because of 'the mob' or whatever, it's because a decade plus of toxic leadership puts down roots whose removal cannot help but cause damage to the entire structure.

The headline names have to go immediately. Anyone who has covered for them in the past needs to follow right after. Anyone who endorsed the initial response this past week should not be in a leadership position going forward. This is the baseline for recovery, anything else is just papering over the problems.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

learnincurve posted:

Whoever wrote this chuffing hated him and it's an art

https://imperium.news/breaking-news-the-mittani-steps-down/

Um. What?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Magugu posted:

So who now gets the real world money generated from the Imperium's various income sources? The fatbee merch, and the various INN streams, inn.com. Who has the rights to this?

Well, at the rate sponsors have been contacted and allegedly dropped over recent events, there might not be much revenue left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Vando posted:

Here's the thing. You need to let go of this idea that this can be some smooth sailing wholesale handover where they walk away and everything is fine. Like it or not, there will be damage to the day to day functioning of the alliance because of this and it's not because of 'the mob' or whatever, it's because a decade plus of toxic leadership puts down roots whose removal cannot help but cause damage to the entire structure.

The headline names have to go immediately. Anyone who has covered for them in the past needs to follow right after. Anyone who endorsed the initial response this past week should not be in a leadership position going forward. This is the baseline for recovery, anything else is just papering over the problems.

:emptyquote: