Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Also dragon, your posting on the gf.com forums today was some of the finest shitposting I have ever loving seen in my life

care to share screenshots, it sounds juicy as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
its true, delta sqad has the finest stable of posters in the known universe

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

They absolutely turned off comments because people would bring up Mittani being a sex pest and Xenuria being a paedophile and these being things that are in the public domain and not being deniable. Also dragon, your posting on the gf.com forums today was some of the finest shitposting I have ever loving seen in my life, those loving pubbies were literally a cigarette paper away from going to the slur bank as a retort. Absolute 10/10 performance

My only regret is someone managed to point out I'd not had a spaceman in GSF for 3 days, and that made someone restart the script checking against ESI which proceeded to purge me.

SippieCup
Mar 19, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

assuming it's built like I'd think it is, yes, that's a central pillar

* directory services (users) - everything touches this in some fashion, whether it's doing authentication or just getting forums account names to tie to other poo poo
** esi - IIRC this uses a different password so it may not authenticate against directory services but it's pulling forums names and associating them to your characters
** SRP
** jabber + mumble
** wiki
** forums
** email/alerting of some sort

There's also been a fair amount of custom development done with this stuff, like the ESI and SRP apps, possibly a bit on the forums, and then there's the effort in configuring everything and making sure it doesn't break when a couple thousand goons are beating on it at the same time. Most professional computer touchers don't also want to do it for free in their spare time, so maintaining GSF's IT infrastructure isn't something a bunch of people are going to jump forward to do, much less sifting through the pile of what's already there and trying to disentangle and migrate it to other platforms

Most of this knowledge is from 2014 + me just checking up on it over the years, but it doesn't look like much has changed from the outside in a long time besides an attempt to transition to kubernetes which probably makes life much easier.

Pretty much _nothing_ has been updated besides making sure services dont crash since 2018. A lot of the static sites have leaky AWS configurations.

ESI is an SSO wrapper of it all. with a bunch of custom scripts running on cron jobs to turn on/off services and updating states for users on all the other systems within an LDAP server, which then goes out for the rest of the stack.

JIRA obviously hasn't been updated in 5 years, but i did just check and it isn't vulnerable to log4j exploits.

SRP does look like it has had some care done to it at some point in time, its no longer a scary php project, but an angular project that looks decent in general from the outside.

There are a bunch of critical garpa things which i dont know how public they are, but are usually not tied in with the rest of the ecosystem.

Mumble had a _lot_ of custom integration to work with LDAP and just handling the load in general.

email/alerting users was done through forums, alerts for downtime and stuff was people crying on jabber.

I doubt anyone would want to take on this job. There are probably so many intricacies what you have to just know from handling it for years.

Good news is that most of it is containerized, so you can just delete the pod and hope for the best when it comes back up if you want to just keep the status quo.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I hope madcows is doing alright, he flamed out of some other poo poo not long after he got pushed out of evegoons and last I heard was on some unhinged alt-right wacko tear then like disappeared off the face of the earth.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Potato Salad posted:

care to share screenshots, it sounds juicy as hell

gently caress me, making dip into pubbie hell

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

hailthefish posted:

I hope madcows is doing alright, he flamed out of some other poo poo not long after he got pushed out of evegoons and last I heard was on some unhinged alt-right wacko tear then like disappeared off the face of the earth.

recently? wasnt he in EO in delve during the war last year?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
actually, this one didn't even bother and just straight up ripped the mask off

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Not enough color posting

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

ah yes the vaunted cultural contributions of "NED-Clan"

Hesh Ballantine fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 16, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I took a bunch of screencaps, let me find them.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lmao it transcends chud poo poo right into Homelander roleplay

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

here is the goods from last night, i alas do not have screencaps of my posts today in mittani's resignation thread

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

these are not very good posts dragonshardz

and for the record i have checked and my monitor is turned ON

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

hailthefish posted:

what losing 6,969 wyverns does to a motherfucker

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Compared to the posting standards of goon fleet dot com they're fuckin gold

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

dodkalm posted:

Roudin came up earlier in this thread and there are some things about him that require some additional context. He used to run the Madison Monthly Meetup. As early as 2017 based on comments he'd made at MMMs it was clear dude was a Nazi. I made a fair amount of noise about this to mittens, and when nothing happened I stopped going to MMMs. During 2018 Winterswarm Roudin assaulted me at plan b/prism/whatever the gently caress it was called at the time. I later tell Mittens, Mittens tells me to tell Nom, nothing ever happens. In hindsight I should have made more noise about this at the time, but this was right after Hole Squad imploded and I was pretty much checked out of the game anyways so it didn't feel worth the effort.

unrelated, but if y'all are serious about a hole violence reboot under these prism dudes I'd be down as long as I don't have to run it.

Oh yeah, this was the third guy I couldn’t stand who I met IRL. Didn’t know the Nazi poo poo, but always came off like a piece of poo poo. Him taking over the Madison meetups is why I stopped going in 2017 or 2018 or whenever it was

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

my posts in the resignation thread are better because i'm in full :rubby: mode prodding cretins vs. trying to be somewhat constructive

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

I know you exposed the rotting, toxic core at the highest levels of the alliance, but have you considered that you are the bad guys in all this?

lol this person is a director

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Also I fuckin love the simultaneous positions of "the sa thread are woke moralists and we'll see who cancels who" and "something awful has a really gross history and some loving disgusting offshoots which through the magic of *fart noise* does not include goonfleetwaffeswarm somehow, so it must be in bad faith or something"

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

SippieCup posted:

j4log exploits

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Also I fuckin love the simultaneous positions of "the sa thread are woke moralists and we'll see who cancels who" and "something awful has a really gross history and some loving disgusting offshoots which through the magic of *fart noise* does not include goonfleetwaffeswarm somehow, so it must be in bad faith or something"

actually its all true

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Grinch posted:

recently? wasnt he in EO in delve during the war last year?

Hell if I know, I haven't played Eve in years and when I did I didn't exactly hang out with EO. And he hasn't exactly been part of my internet social circle since the whole going full maga thing so mostly I'm just hoping from afar that he was merely experiencing brain problems from too much weed and head trauma and that he may someday get better.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
D-name posters continuing to post badly

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

hailthefish posted:

Hell if I know, I haven't played Eve in years and when I did I didn't exactly hang out with EO. And he hasn't exactly been part of my internet social circle since the whole going full maga thing so mostly I'm just hoping from afar that he was merely experiencing brain problems from too much weed and head trauma and that he may someday get better.

Yes he was and he is fine, busy flying commiecopters on DCS

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

hailthefish posted:

Yea, that's a really fun line to go down.

"All of SA is lovely people, doing disgusting things, but also they won't let someone be a lovely person, doing disgusting things."

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

I post bad but my name doesn't start with a d, conclusively disproving the theory

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hailthefish posted:

I give it three days before they get to the point of "no, see, SA are the real nazis, this QCS thread from 2020 by koalas march proves it"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

Yes he was and he is fine, busy flying commiecopters on DCS

Glad to hear

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Foehammer007 posted:

-51k rep, can confirm

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Grinch posted:

lol this person is a director

i remember that naice guy being a terrible poster but that dictateur guy can barely string two words together jfc. he posts worse than the guys we used to troll in CAOD. thats whats left in goonswarm. thats what they are now lol.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I give it three days before they get to the point of "no, see, SA are the real nazis, this QCS thread from 2020 by koalas march proves it"

I'm waiting for "those people all shitposted in the immediate aftermath of Lowtax's suicide, making jokes about suicide is something we in GSF would never condone"

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Welcome to The Something Awesome Forums

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

Welcome to The Something Awesome Forums

:goatsecx:

SippieCup
Mar 19, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

we should all send madc0ws 100,000,000 isk btw I think he needs isk

my ecard wasn't enough?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

hailthefish posted:

I'm waiting for "those people all shitposted in the immediate aftermath of Lowtax's suicide, making jokes about suicide is something we in GSF would never condone"

John Fartley

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
- edited to remove name for linking on reddit

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

has anyone posted this yet i was able to find where one of BFM's victims came forward :(

BobFromMarketing has been banned from SomethingAwful & all goon-related eve orgs

he is active in <SNIGG>

can someone get the FBI on this fuckin' guy please

he commited these crimes in Austin, Texas & it was a 15 y/o

no statue of limitations on that one

please put this man in prison ty

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 17, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
see this is all a big ~psyop 2 get mitani~ and not a ~real loving problem~, right?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16

has anyone posted this yet i was able to find where one of BFM's victims came forward :(

BobFromMarketing has been banned from SomethingAwful & all goon-related eve orgs

can someone get the FBI on this fuckin' guy please

he commited these crimes in Austin, Texas & it was a 15 y/o

no statue of limitations on that one

please put this man in prison ty
FirstnameLastname hosed around with this message at 21:58

theres two bob from marketings i think. pretty sure the one in snigg is not the one with the 14yo icelandic gf.

Necros fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

fnln you promised us you were going to bed