Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Matt Berry's voice when Lazlo is playing psychiatrist , my god, no one can draw a word out like this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BarbarousBertha posted:

Matt Berry says that's just because he wants to gently caress the brothers.

Matt Berry or Lazlo?

The Boy aka the creature that crawled out of the corpse of their dead friend Colin Robinson is either definitely feeding on Lazlo or is going to be. Building up the emotional investment will just make him a better food source.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/zachsilberberg/status/1547596595931164677
It eventually got changed but E! was doing Matt Berry dirty with their headline.

This is very cruel to do to the very cool and very good Matt Berry. I hope someone sends them a shithead of the year award.

Senor Tron posted:

Matt Berry or Lazlo?

Why not both?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He was definitely feeding on someone too at one point

One of the wives says he's exhausting or something like that when she hands him off to Gizmo, so yeah, energy vampire in training.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It felt a little strange to completely undo the end of last season in like 5 minutes, but I really enjoyed these 2 episodes and don't necessarily need to see everything that was happening when the crew was split up for a year.

I also really like Guillermo's change in attitude with regards to Nandor, seems like he'll be able to be a bit more critical now that he's not fawning over him.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
They undid a lot of things last season after Guillermo murdered almost every vampire in New York City. It's just how the show works

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A Fancy Hat posted:

It felt a little strange to completely undo the end of last season in like 5 minutes, but I really enjoyed these 2 episodes and don't necessarily need to see everything that was happening when the crew was split up for a year.

I also really like Guillermo's change in attitude with regards to Nandor, seems like he'll be able to be a bit more critical now that he's not fawning over him.

I thought there’d be a little more fallout with Nandor feeling abandoned by Guillermo at the station.

I’m excited to meet Guillermo’s secret person. They’re going to look exactly like Nandor, I bet.

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

It's pretty on brand for their big exploratory adventures to just be them doing dumb mundane poo poo, getting frustrated by what they find and then coming home I feel. So idk I was both expecting it and felt the payoff was fine enough. There was a lot of fine bits in the first episode with Laslzo that really kept things going as well, then episode 2 hit a good stride again overall. Excited to see how dumb the vampire nightclub gets.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

One of the wives says he's exhausting or something like that when she hands him off to Gizmo, so yeah, energy vampire in training.
That's right, thank you! Yeah up until that moment I'd suspected it was the same ol' Colinrobinson growing up, but that bit confirmed it for me.

I love Nadja's obsession with a cool vampire nightclub, and Kristen Schaal's disgust at the idea of blood sprinklers

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The_Doctor posted:

I’m excited to meet Guillermo’s secret person. They’re going to look exactly like Nandor, I bet.

:lmao: I want this to happen. Bonus if they’re also played by Kayvan Novak

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Disappointed at the first episode. I was hoping for at least a couple episodes before we were back to the original formula

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

robot roll call posted:

Matt Berry's voice when Lazlo is playing psychiatrist , my god, no one can draw a word out like this man

I would genuinely watch a season of Lazlo acting as a psychiatrist to various werewolves, vampires and witches.

And I'm looking forward to this vampire discotech and the musical choices. Maybe the highly acclaimed but forgotten "Soul Dracula" by Hot Blood will be featured?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Since that was the Sklar Bros playing the home renovation hosts on the shoe Laszlo was watching, gotta owner if those characters are going to pop up later down the road

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Since that was the Sklar Bros playing the home renovation hosts on the shoe Laszlo was watching, gotta owner if those characters are going to pop up later down the road

Yeah, seems likely we'll have an episode where they're brought in to try and fix all the damage done to the vampires' mansion.

Bonus points if the episode is filmed in the style of a home renovation show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
He did say they would be facing their toughest challenges yet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Davros1 posted:

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, seems likely we'll have an episode where they're brought in to try and fix all the damage done to the vampires' mansion.

Bonus points if the episode is filmed in the style of a home renovation show.

SPOILER: There's an upcoming episode called "Flip yourself" which could be about house flipping

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Low-key one of the best deliveries in the first two episodes was Guillermo reacting to Nandor talking about having man wives and lady wives.

"You can do that?"
"It's not really all that different."

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HOLY gently caress posted:

:lmao: I want this to happen. Bonus if they’re also played by Kayvan Novak

I mean, Nandor had what, something like 20,000 living descendants? I'd be disappointed if they weren't played by him.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

I mean, Nandor had what, something like 20,000 living descendants? I'd be disappointed if they weren't played by him.

Yeah, if they can manage a Colin, Colin, C-man scene, then they should be able to do a Nandor and Nandor the 58th scene.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Didn’t like the first episode either, but the second one was good. Kristen Schaal is a treasure and pairing her with Psychologist Laszlo made for an incredible scene. Laszlo trying to be a father to definitelyColinRobinson was also funny in a heartwarming way.

Also interested where they go with the Guide character. And love that they’re building on the Nandor/Guillermo tension that really got going last season.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lmao episode seven of this season is literally titled "Pine Barrens"

they're gonna find the Russian and he's gonna be a vampire

"I hear he BRUtally slaughtered 16 feral Czechs, my dahhling!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol excellent return.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don’t think it got mentioned here, but Natasias sketch show finally got picked up and ran as a whole season by the BBC recently - “Ellie and Natasia”. 6 short episodes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pattonesque posted:

lmao episode seven of this season is literally titled "Pine Barrens"

they're gonna find the Russian and he's gonna be a vampire

"I hear he BRUtally slaughtered 16 feral Czechs, my dahhling!"

The other thing you get in pine barrens is Jersey Devils

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I wasn't a big fan of the Kristen Schaal character when they brought her back as a regular, but I agree that her scenes with Lazlo were good here. Also appreciate the continuing influence of Blade!

I was also disappointed in the immediate reset of the first episode, but I think both the new ones are pretty solid beyond that.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did we get confirmation that Guillermo was gay before this? I know he rejected The Guide last season, but I assumed he was maybe intimidated.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

grittyreboot posted:

Did we get confirmation that Guillermo was gay before this? I know he rejected The Guide last season, but I assumed he was maybe intimidated.

I don’t think it was really in doubt, but that’s just me, a gay, recognising my tribe.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

grittyreboot posted:

It's never been directly stated, but it's been aggressively implied.

Like, in the episode where they went to Atlantic City where they're trying to get him to talk about relationships he says "I remember being first ten or eleven when I first realized I was-" and then gets interrupted, but nothing else sits on the end of that sentence given the context other than 'gay'.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It never occurred to me until today that there were such things as WWDitS spoiler leaks and filming reports. I was trying to look up who was playing Freddie (Guillermo’s boyfriend who called on the phone).

Freddie turns up later in the season in an episode called ‘Freddie’, and there’s a scene with him and Nandor! There’s a video of the scene being filmed on a street from several months ago. It’s wild to discover there were leaks and it went right past us.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Li'l Kisses! :3:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

XboxPants posted:

Li'l Kisses! :3:

"I didn't come here to make friends. Well, that's bullshit! That's EXACTLY what I came here to do."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I get it wasn’t as strong as the first couple episodes, but a thread title change and nothing else? Ya gotta admit “EAT THAT BITCH” and trying to heist the fertility statue while Colin babbled about legos were both funny scenes

Edit: and the Djinn is such a great addition

Hazo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 20, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

They call her Nadja two hats, because she's got two hats: https://youtu.be/mUWKMy9SQsc

I actually kinda liked lil' Colin's Lego musical theater mod videos and thought it seemed like an interesting idea, I must be part energy vampire because I sorta want to subscribe to his channel.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They call her Nadja two hats, because she's got two hats: https://youtu.be/mUWKMy9SQsc

I actually kinda liked lil' Colin's Lego musical theater mod videos and thought it seemed like an interesting idea, I must be part energy vampire because I sorta want to subscribe to his channel.

Turns out he's got the groove!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
2 hats really is a power move

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

I am on board with just about everything happening in this week's episode. Idk why but "draining a fourtop at Fuddrucker's" absolutely sent me in an entirely unexpected way.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Guillermo and Laszlo's instant switch from quietly bickering parents to "Oh hey what're you doing?" and Laszlo's odd strut walk thing absolutely killed me this episode

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Djinn is a crafty opponent, Guillermo should have seen it coming!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Colin Robinson getting excited about lego and regular kid stuff was weirdly adorable and unsettling st the same time.

Also I really like the djinn and the scene with Nandor and Guillermo thoroughly negotiating Nandor’s massive dong wish and :lmao: that it resulted in Nandor thinking of Guillermo every time he uses it :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
maybe this is exactly what Guillermo wanted :aaaaa: