Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Fallout 4 - great, one of the best of the last 10 years

Bloodborne - some lame poo poo, yeah I get it I watched American werewolf in Paris too.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ubisoft has at least 5 games better than Elden Ring just off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

hell yeah

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The Forgotten City was great. Immediately booted up Echo Generation to see what it was and lost an hour to it.

GamePass rulez

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I got into the Overwatch 2 beta...... lol what a joke.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Paw Patrol game is made by Drakhar Studios whose name and logo reads as a "What has my life become" as the game boots up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Barudak posted:

New Paw Patrol game is made by Drakhar Studios whose name and logo reads as a "What has my life become" as the game boots up

That one and Peppa Pig showing up same week! Lol.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Barudak posted:

They did the last one as well, but not the genre defining original.

All published by Outright Games though

priznat posted:

That one and Peppa Pig showing up same week! Lol.

Also published by Outright. They've basically filled the void of the Activision/EA licensed IP churn out game but the stuff is playable enough for preschoolers when appropriate.

There's a how to train your dragon game on Xbox that is nothing but text dumps with no VO and that's not really acceptable for kids playing a game based on their favorite shows. Peppa even has one original voice actor so everyone else sounds wrong.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 16, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

They did the last one as well, but not the genre defining original.

All published by Outright Games though

It explains why there are some revised mechanics between the two games that are also still bad.

Pup Pup Boogie made it back so what the real Patrolers want is still here

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Never played Bloodborne but Fallout 4 is a great game. But I love all Bethesda RPG's, they're entirely my jam.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

think this guy is a PS5 lover… can’t figure out any other way they could be this smooth brained

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

The Forgotten City was great.

My favourite game from last year!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The peppa pig game is cool my kid loves it cause its exactly like the show

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Different people can have different tastes, it's why we have so many different types of games. It's pretty cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah. good games for normal people and bad games for the morons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let people enjoy things!!! *goes back to drinking out of the raw sewage pipe*

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Why would it matter that the sewage is raw?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

John F Bennett posted:

Why would it matter that the sewage is raw?

I like it raw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My deranged Bethesda gaming opinion is fallout 4 is very good but Skyrim is very bad. Sometimes I just listen to nukaworld radio to relax. I enjoyed it for years before I realised it was Andrew WK.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fallout 4 might be good on series x but it was absolute poo poo on the consoles it released on. 30fps and those HDD load times… wretched

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Yeah, that was the problem with Fallout 4: 30 FPS and load times. jfc goons have the "best" opinions

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut up!!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Fallout 4 is perfect on series X with the 60 fps boost. Runs very well, great game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Fallout 4 is perfect on series X with the 60 fps boost. Runs very well, great game.

You should try playing literally any other FPS ever and think on that opinion again because it's not even a 7/10 as FPSRPGs go which is embarrassing considering the genre is mostly indie garbage that barely works and Ubisoft games. If we allow it into the broader RPG genre it's not even in the top 100 of games in this decade let alone all time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i liked FO4 when you were just wandering around the irradiated wasteland bit cos it reminded me of STALKER. the story is poop.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

Also published by Outright. They've basically filled the void of the Activision/EA licensed IP churn out game but the stuff is playable enough for preschoolers when appropriate.

Peppa Pig - great, one of the best of the last 10 years

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

You should try playing literally any other FPS ever and think on that opinion again because it's not even a 7/10 as FPSRPGs go which is embarrassing considering the genre is mostly indie garbage that barely works and Ubisoft games. If we allow it into the broader RPG genre it's not even in the top 100 of games in this decade let alone all time.

You don't play Fallout or TES games because you want to have an FPS experience, you doofus. You just don't GET Bethesda, man.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

You don't play Fallout or TES games because you want to have an FPS experience, you doofus. You just don't GET Bethesda, man.

if i wanted to replicate the preschool hand holding experience i would save the money and go buy a pack of gold foil stars like the teachers used to stick on my reading homework.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

Yeah you play Fallout 4 to find out what 1st person Sims is like (it's not good).

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Speaking of Fallout, I'm planning to replay Fallout 3 soon. I played the game so many times on the 360, and I want to experience the game with FPS boost!

vv I already did that right after it got boosted. It was great, I think both games are equally good.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 16, 2022

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Just replay new vegas

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bought fo3 goty edition and the interplay fallout collection on the same trip to Walmart as a kid so naturally i consider fallout 3 to be a loving travesty

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

There is nothing in FO3 as remotely as bad as Tutorial temple. There, I said it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what’s tutorial temple

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what’s tutorial temple

the intro to fo2 that's a massive noob filter because if u minmax you get pwned by having to use a spear to fight like 3 ants. one at a time. and also you can rest. people are really allergic to putting some points in con and str because they know power armor will make them immortal and then they get butt salt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC you can literally run away from everything and if you can't you probably don't have enough AGL

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC you can literally run away from everything and if you can't you probably don't have enough AGL

the only time i ever died in it I was minmaxing too hard with everything dumped into int/chr/luck and skilled and poo poo lol, and even then I probably wouldn't have died if I wasn't trying to squeeze all the loot and XP out of it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

priznat posted:

I bet that’s the Series S, you can see the cards for them right under the side behind the x-pile. Looks like the SX (bundle?) is 734 AUD

Yep, the usual MSRP is $749 but Costco went cheaper recently. That's about $500 US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Fallout 4 might be good on series x but it was absolute poo poo on the consoles it released on. 30fps and those HDD load times… wretched

It released on PC just fine tyvm