Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

From what I can tell the Heizou spreadsheeters are correct and EM mainstats are technically the best damage so long as there's sufficient aura support for him to be swirling on every icd. It's true that his kit doesn't have any explicit EM scaling but swirl is Just That Good ever since the buffs to transformative reactions. It's a similar situation as Venti, who also has excellent talent modifiers and no extra EM scaling effects but whose best build is still technically triple EM mainstat.

But still, in the case of both Heizou and Venti, going for atk scaling builds is very close to the optimal EM sets and are less finicky in execution. Not to mention it actually makes use of those damage pieces rather than every single anemo character in your roster needing a set of EM Venerer farmed up.

In any event you should definitely make sure he has at least a little EM. Due to the nature of EM scaling the first couple of hundred EM has really big payoffs.

hit button fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't think Heizou can come anywhere close to Venti's amount of swirl output, even if he spends as much time as possible on field. His E and Q only apply one proc of Anemo each, his NA chain procs 3 over ~4s, and his CA will burn through stamina fast. Meanwhile, the non-swirl damage will all be hitting like a wet noodle. Venti, on the other hand, spent 2 seconds on the field to setup his swirl and left the attack spam to a proper on-fielder.

The thing about his Anemo damage is that's it's good regardless of whether there's an element to swirl.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 16, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Sinze Kazuha's a swirlyman, he wants to be lv 90, right?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yep!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Still not sure how to build Heizou, the heizoumains sim spreadsheet for him says EM artifacts and Widsith are better than Solar Pearl and typical atk/anemo dmg/crit dmg, but it feels like poo poo trading off bigger attack/skill/burst numbers for bigger swirl numbers, at least in the overworld.

The EM build works better in a tazer squad because of the double swirls you get on electrocharged enemies. ATK/Anemo dmg actually gives you more team choices, especially if you already have a lvl 90 Sucrose ready to drive a taser comp.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

padijun posted:

Collecting beetles is a million times worse
This is why I haven't tried Heizou despite getting him, I literally just used all my beetles on Itto last patch.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So uh. I think I found a pretty funny bug with the event and where I was in the main quests.

After interacting with an item on the island it freaked out and started playing this. Yes I'm still 'on' the island with the island music when a cutscene started and this lady stepped out of the void continuing on about being on Inazuma.

I'm sure some programming goon will guess what happened but I found it pretty funny. Afterwards it just freaked out again and kicked me back to the nearest statue on the island.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 16, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you build him with EM, he's a much worse Sucrose. I have him with 4 piece VV, but am considering taking the 2 piece Atk option. I'll try him out on a taser team first to see how it feels.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Haven’t seen that message in a while lol

And here I thought the bottleneck would be kenki, but i had a surprising amount of cores left over from leveling sayu. Incidentally, has he always been arbitrarily invulnerable after doing some attacks? It’s pretty bullshit to watch numbers pop out and do absolutely nothing to his health; I imagine that’s why i never noticed.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah my thoughts for him were to go towards 2p ATK + 2p VV and do a more traditional damage build, look for a smattering of EM in substats. He's sort of a 4* Xiao in a way actually in that regard.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The bad part of 2 piece VV instead of 4 piece is that his best team have off field supports that he's also swirling. Heizou national, taser team, etc

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Wait was 2-piece VV Heizou being seriously proposed? I thought gandlethorpe was just saying that if they really wanted to get Heizou's dmg up to some arbitrary number (to one-punch a specter I think?) then they should be using a 2-piece atk.

I always thought the VV shred lasted for 10s but someone ITT said that's wrong and the debuff applies only as long as the VV-user is on the field. I don't really know what's right. :shrug:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just tested EM Heizou borrowing my Kazuha's gear. I wouldn't say the damage is bad, but it feels on par with ADC while being much more dependent on maintaining EC and timing swirls perfectly. There's also no option to go half way with skills or even go swirl-less. And if anything falls out of sync, you're taking a bigger hit than just doing consistent non-reaction damage. Also, my Kazuha's EM gear is stacked and took over a year to assemble. High quality ADC pieces are much easier to farm.

Mathwise, I compared swirl and punch damage between full EM and ADC. It takes about 8 swirls for EM to make up the loss of a single E damage (which is generously assuming the EM setup crits). That's doable, but also not taking into account the difference in NA/CA/Q damage.

Oh and EM Heizou can't bully slimes.

A full EM set of VV is never a bad idea to farm, but I wouldn't go out of my to build one for Heizou.

Sanctum posted:

Wait was 2-piece VV Heizou being seriously proposed? I thought gandlethorpe was just saying that if they really wanted to get Heizou's dmg up to some arbitrary number (to one-punch a specter I think?) then they should be using a 2-piece atk.

I always thought the VV shred lasted for 10s but someone ITT said that's wrong and the debuff applies only as long as the VV-user is on the field. I don't really know what's right. :shrug:

If you don't have any relevant elements to shred or are double Anemo, I can see 2p/2p working. But I don't think a team trying that would be that great. Heizou still needs someone to swirl, and you might as well take advantage of VV.

And yes, the VV user needs to be on the field at the time to take effect.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 16, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Been a while since we had someone come in with a character synopsis page in the middle of a cutscene. Who's left that hasn't been in any quests yet and would need one besides just-added Heizou and Aloy? Diona?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Given this was my first time seeing Fischl in a cutscene I was sad to learn that her gratuitous German did not extend into the Japanese dub.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

Given this was my first time seeing Fischl in a cutscene I was sad to learn that her gratuitous German did not extend into the Japanese dub.

sounds like japanese fischl sucks

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Andrast posted:

It's a shame because it's such an obvious anime trope that like why the gently caress didn't they go with that?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Andrast posted:

It's fine, she just sounds like a normal chuuni instead of the sort of person who tosses around foreign words for no reason.which would be a monstrous pain in the rear end for the va, so I can't really blame them for not

Admittedly, you have to have some idea of what she's saying to really get that, which is something of a drawback.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh. Well I was thinking maybe hypercarry Heizou would rather the extra ATK than boosting his other team member's damage from the VV Shred. I suppose the 4p set still boosts Swirl damage by a significant amount though even if you aren't going full EM.

I dunno this is why I wait for the real math people to figure this poo poo out because I clearly don't have the best instincts. :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The way I see it, the extra damage from VV "belongs" to the wearer. In that sense, you're contributing more DPS than an extra 15% ATK, provided your team mates are taking full advantage of it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah fair enough. There's probably more of an overall team damage increase from 4p VV that outweighs the potential Heizou personal damage increase from running a mixed set.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Man, the Archipelago music is so good. I wish they'd add it was a permanent area but I guess it's too big for mobile users to be anything more than a time-limited thing. Thanks mobile players. :mad:

Also I can vouch that the Yelan/Zhongli/Heizou/Yae team is rock solid. I much prefer Yae to Fischl because she's more fun to play and her cooldowns aren't insane.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Floor 12 slowing waters mirror maiden is mean....

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Sanctum posted:

The VV user has to be on the field when their swirl reaction goes off in order to apply the debuff. Once applied, the debuff stays in effect for the 10 seconds whether the VV user is on the field or not - the VV user is not usually the on-field character in the numerous teams that use the set, they get their swirl off and then swap out.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Zenostein posted:

Haven’t seen that message in a while lol

And here I thought the bottleneck would be kenki, but i had a surprising amount of cores left over from leveling sayu. Incidentally, has he always been arbitrarily invulnerable after doing some attacks? It’s pretty bullshit to watch numbers pop out and do absolutely nothing to his health; I imagine that’s why i never noticed.

For me this image really drives home the opportunity cost of constantly chasing better artifacts. I stopped doing artifact dungeons after farming up a decent Husk set for Albedo (now on Yun Jin), and just spent all my resin doing leylines, and now I'm at 55 million Mora and almost 3.6k Hero's Wit. The reason I stopped was less Mora concerns though and more that I was getting really sick and tired of the artifact inventory management every time I ran out of space. Of course, the fact that I'll look at almost any 5* piece I have and go "Hmm, I can theoretically see this piece being good on some (possibly future) character that scales with <STAT>" is a big part of the problem. But because the artifact RNG is so awful I can't help but lean on the side of keeping something that could be potentially useful down the line, which just makes the required inventory management more frequent and annoying.

Frankly, if I ever quit this game it'll probably be the artifact system that got to me.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

This event storyline is the dumbest poo poo and I loving love it. Also shows that no-one complains about it being too wordy if you make the words actually interesting/fun.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Case in point, I bitch constantly about too many words in this game, but I love Fischl.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

SiKboy posted:

This event storyline is the dumbest poo poo and I loving love it. Also shows that no-one complains about it being too wordy if you make the words actually interesting/fun.

Itto needs to join in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think the weirdest part about Dendro is that is might actually make Thoma useful. With how long Burning seems to last you don't actually need a ton of off field pyro application anymore depending on your team comp. So his pyro application would be fine and he'd also bring alright shields too which is good role compression. Just as a random off the wall idea you could run Ganyu, Dendro MC/Collei, and Thoma with a flex 4th slot for those Reverse Melt Ganyu shenanigans. The 4th slot could perhaps be another Pyro or Dendro for resonance.
The leaks also show the craftable Sumeru spear is basically equivalent to Thrilling Tales, drops something that another character can pick up for a big attack boost. Thoma could legit be viable.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Just started the event and met up with Fischl and Mona in Mondstad.

Wow... it's been a while since I've felt this much second-hand embarrassment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AG3 posted:

Just started the event and met up with Fischl and Mona in Mondstad.

Wow... it's been a while since I've felt this much second-hand embarrassment.

Sounds like you don't have what it takes to restore the immernachtreich

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Andrast posted:

Please accept my sincerest conciliations, I shall endeavour to show myself worthy of the title "Retainer of the Prinzessin der Verurteilung".

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

My favorite part is Fischl stealing Diluc's "Time for Retribution!!" line and no one believing her when she says she just heard it around town. Only for Mona to go scrying and be like "oh huh it actually is someone's catch phrase". Diluc really be shouting that around town.

You know I wanna see Eula and Diluc together. That conversation would be wild.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Andrast posted:

Or "reish" as she says it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Stare-Out posted:

Man, the Archipelago music is so good. I wish they'd add it was a permanent area but I guess it's too big for mobile users to be anything more than a time-limited thing. Thanks mobile players. :mad:

I can't imagine GAA is any more demanding than Sumeru or other future regions will be, if they're concerned about phone storage or performance.

If they continue to use it as a summer map/event, I think that'd be neat.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 16, 2022

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Or "reish" as she says it.

Be nice to fish, she tries very hard

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I think the idea is a lot of people are on vacation during the summer so they'll stop logging in, so they run a big event to keep people interested in the game. Pretty much all the MHY games do the same thing iirc, so I assume it being a FOMO event is intentional.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Kazuha is the main character of this game and I want to play his story. The traveler and Paimon can jump off a cliff.

I would also accept playing as Fischl.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kazuha is boring and the game should feature him less in stories imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

funkymonks posted:

Kazuha is the main character of this game and I want to play his story. The traveler and Paimon can jump off a cliff.

I would also accept playing as Fischl.
They can all jump off a cliff. But then Kazuha...can jump back up to it.