Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
love too go around smelling like a manky salad drawer instead of having infrastructure

https://twitter.com/elle_hunt/status/1548212911234904067

e: 178 years ago Irish doctor Francis Rynd makes the first recorded subcutaneous injection using a hollow hypodermic needle. Next week the papers will be advising doing the same with balsamic vinegar to fight heat.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

RockyB posted:

I got an absolutely psychotic letter from what I can only assume are a bunch of private investigators / curtain twitchers employed by local landlords this morning.

What (non-minecraft) ways do I have to register my utter loving disgust at someone building a 'dossier' like this and then threatening every single person living nearby in the name of 'property prices'.

a first/last warning before, what exactly? are they threatening some kind of consequence? sounds like time to report a Malicious Communication to me.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

happyhippy posted:

They were 'irish' as in a few generations of english born there since taking the place over, they sent over people from England to live and control it.
It was illegal for catholics to own any land (and banned from other things like practicing religion, and going to school!) for 140 years upto a few decades before the famine.

The famine happened in the 1840s, and the big shakeup of the southern Irish gentry happened hundreds of years before in the late 1500s, under Mary and Elizabeth I (and James, for the north), others traced their Irish roots back to the Normans, in the 1200s(and still others were Irish nobles who'd made accommodation with the invaders, or originally Norse, or Scots, or part of other waves of invasion and conquest). In my view, if your family has lived somewhere for multiple centuries, you're from there.

There was a cultural distinction between aristocrats and non aristocrats. Between dissenting Protestants, establishment Protestants and Catholics. Between the coastal industrialising cities and the rural hinterlands. But none of those groups were English. To call them English reduces Ireland.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kecske posted:

a first/last warning before, what exactly? are they threatening some kind of consequence? sounds like time to report a Malicious Communication to me.

Yeah not sure what they're trying to do here unless you're in some weird american style residents association which you (or your landlord) have signed up to.

They have no power to dole out fines or issue notices if not.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume the idea is they are threatening to go to the cops or landlords with a bunch of info they've scrounged up to try and pin complaints on you.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

alternatively: respond with the navy seal txt

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Anyone else been watching Incantation on Netflix?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't see it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

huge if true

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I think they meant to say 'levelling up'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mr Phillby posted:

I think they meant to say 'levelling up'
Yes! Thankyou, it is already too hot for this. I wasn't sure if the joke was the picture of the MP where we get to play '14 or 40' again.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
He's also got a typo in his own name, assuming Wikipedia is correct.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't see it?

Stoke does need levelling to the ground, the earth salting and it removing from the maps.

Source. I was born and lived there for 18 years.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
mordant's tweets with the "180 innovations" quotes from the debate have been deleted

i guess her team finally realised it was complete nonsense but maybe they could have checked that before tweeting it out twice

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Guavanaut posted:

love too go around smelling like a manky salad drawer instead of having infrastructure

https://twitter.com/elle_hunt/status/1548212911234904067

e: 178 years ago Irish doctor Francis Rynd makes the first recorded subcutaneous injection using a hollow hypodermic needle. Next week the papers will be advising doing the same with balsamic vinegar to fight heat.

The onion bit was Stuart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe on radio 6 this morning and they were very obviously taking the piss out of folk remedies for being too hot

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

sebzilla posted:

Some etymology/history person please tell me why Iberia, Siberia, Liberia and Hibernia (sort of) are so similarly named.

Probably those bloody Romans, but Siberia feels like an odd one out there.

Liberia was named by classicists in the 19th century so definitely Rome there. I think the suffix just means 'area of/land' tbh. Liberia is Freeland.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because it was founded by people who wanted to send free black people there because they thought there could never be racial equality in the US, which is why the capital is named after us president james monroe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And then the Americo-Liberians immediately set themselves up as a settler colonial society with an African servant caste.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The Perfect Element posted:

thread poster jBrereton is trying to throw us off the scent

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

RockyB posted:

I got an absolutely psychotic letter from what I can only assume are a bunch of private investigators / curtain twitchers employed by local landlords this morning.

What (non-minecraft) ways do I have to register my utter loving disgust at someone building a 'dossier' like this and then threatening every single person living nearby in the name of 'property prices'.

Sign the email address up for any and all websites and mailing lists. Or post it here and I'm sure goons will find some appropriate videos of unsavoury behaviour to send

Niric fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 16, 2022

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ah, our old pal 😃

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
anyone else just start belting out "John Browns body" interspersed with "solidarity forever"?

RockyB posted:

my utter loving disgust at someone building a 'dossier' like this and then threatening every single person living nearby in the name of 'property prices'.

ah that explains it

I volunteer to drive my stupid loud car in circles in a car park near you while playing music, and I can look suspicious on a street corner too

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I already know a lot of verses of solidarty forever but intend to learn the cool version of john brown's body too.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

OwlFancier posted:

I already know a lot of verses of solidarty forever but intend to learn the cool version of john brown's body too.

you do john browns body but cut the religious chorus bits and stick solidarity forever in where they go

you can roll it into blood upon the risers at the end too if you want to get extra feisty

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the version that was turned into a proper complex song although you do have to adjust some of the lines because apparently yon church man didn't know how meter worked.

Also the long version of solidarity forever is very good too I just keep forgetting the verse order, same problem as learning the major general's song.

Also also, battle cry of freedom is fun if you mentally substitute the union for the cooler kind of union.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 16, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Perfect Element posted:

That's still one up on Rishi "I'm Too Much A Perfectionist" Sunak, who did a campaign interview in front of a sign that misspelled "campaign".

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

kecske posted:

Reporting it as a malicious communication it is. Nice to be able to use my white privilege in a productive manner for a change.

I was also wondering if there were any RIPA implications, but I guess if they're random weirdos it doesn't really count. The whole anonymous email address and lack of actual contact details is skeevy as gently caress, as I shall be claiming to my local coppers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

if you mentally substitute the union for the cooler kind of union.
As Wasteland proved, you can turn any song into a union song if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDlOvm6hNs

it's the theme tune to Laverne & Shirley in the style of an old Appalachian labor anthem lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

RockyB posted:

it reads like someone thick trying to sound important, but i suppose there are a lot of thick bastards working in property

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that's possibly the least helpful post i've ever posted

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

crispix posted:

that's possibly the least helpful post i've ever posted

so far!

sorry i just like the joke, you're all right :)

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

RockyB posted:

Any chance you / the other residents could flood them with Subject Access Requests on these dossiers? (& then complain to the ICO when those get ignored)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what sort of property/area is it anyway

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
don't think even mrs norman would actually go through with doing out her motorhome as a surveillance rig

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I have created a cryo chamber for the coming deathwave, as long as the electricity and plumbing don't crap out on me I will survive.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
had my first "why is everyone getting so upset about it being a bit hot" rear end in a top hat in the wild today, good times

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

We have a lot of ice and iced products. We intend to survive.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Currently drinking coffee while watching the rain splatter against my living room window. :agesilaus:

N.I. may or may not be burning with the rest of you next week, but today i have rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RockyB posted:

Time to bring Leonard J Crabs out of retirement