Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I forgot about the Dangerous Liaisons episode. It's worth noting that all of these episodes are very, very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Frank Reynold's Little Beauties is absolutely in my top ten list if not top five.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The episode where frank bangs the waitress always saddens me because she does such a great job at the end where she did it for her love of Dennis while charlie just dies inside

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
This is bad

We've gotta definitely write a song about how we do not diddle kids

Do not diddle kids / It's no good diddlin' kids

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was talking with my mate the other day about what the darkest episodes (the lights go out lolo) of Always Sunny are. I listed the Christmas episode, the one where Dennis and Dee get addicted to crack to get on welfare and the Jersey Shore episode as three that stood out to me but I know I'm glossing over a bunch and I wanted some further input.

The high school reunion 2 parter is for me is definitely the darkest episode that comes to mind

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Why is Artemis the DJ?” “We don’t have a deep bench” is one of my favorite exchanges in the show, but that entire episode has so many good moments.

It’s even got the Fat Mac dance.

Nov 6, 2002

The exchange Dee has with Samantha and the follow-up with her sister is some of the funniest dialog ever written for Dee.

Dee: I bet you wish you could win this pageant, don't you?
Justine: My mom says I'm not pretty enough.
Dee: Your mom doesn't know dick! She's a dumb fat cow. And your sister, she is a stupid little poo poo-mouth bitch, isn't she?
Justine: You just said a lot of bad words.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I didn't think Frank's Little Beauties was that bad, the joke running through the episode is that Frank hasn't crossed any lines, he's just so freaked out about the situation he keeps incriminating himself

Well, getting the gay kid to do the male stripper dance was pretty bad I guess, I'm genuinely surprised they got away with filming that one

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The exchange Dee has with Samantha and the follow-up with her sister is some of the funniest dialog ever written for Dee.

Dee: I bet you wish you could win this pageant, don't you?
Justine: My mom says I'm not pretty enough.
Dee: Your mom doesn't know dick! She's a dumb fat cow. And your sister, she is a stupid little poo poo-mouth bitch, isn't she?
Justine: You just said a lot of bad words.

lmao, dee is always great acting with kids

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the one where charlie does saw on himself for the super bowl and tbe one where cricket sleeps with a dog in drugged out delusion are both ‘dark’ imo

Nov 6, 2002

Oh poo poo, the actor who played Justine was the little girl from the Prince Family Paper episode of the Office.

Nov 6, 2002

The one where the gang seals up everyone inside a burning apartment at the end is a bit of a dark turn.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

the one where charlie does saw on himself for the super bowl and tbe one where cricket sleeps with a dog in drugged out delusion are both ‘dark’ imo

Yeah these episodes are both pretty light on funny jokes too.

Though the Charlie one has his hallucinations reminding him about the release latch on the trap, and them commenting that Charlie still doesn't understand.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Is the Saw one and the Home Alone one and the same? I remember enjoying the latter but then again I do enjoy comedic violence. The only other Saw episode that comes to mind is the second CharDee MacDennis one and while that's not as good as the first it's still good.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
The Gang Broke Dee seems more actively malicious than they usually are to one another, though that is pretty much the joke in that episode.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Takes No Damage posted:

The Gang Broke Dee seems more actively malicious than they usually are to one another, though that is pretty much the joke in that episode.

My mental health is all hosed up and I love that episode, lol. Definitely a contender though.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is the Saw one and the Home Alone one and the same? I remember enjoying the latter but then again I do enjoy comedic violence. The only other Saw episode that comes to mind is the second CharDee MacDennis one and while that's not as good as the first it's still good.

The home alone one turns into a saw homage.

And yeah I'm not a fan of the second one aside from their weird honor code when Frank mentions Operation.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
The one I can't watch because it's too dark is when Charlie uses the nice rich girl to make the waitress jealous.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I think if you were to compare an episode to saw, it would be Chardee MacDennis 2 because they end up in that room and charlie digs into his own arm to try to find a key. The home alone one was the second part of the super bowl episode. That one is so gross with the eating the rat stuff that I don't know if I'll be able to watch it again. Watching him eat the rat conjures up the smell of dead rat for me. Ugh.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Comedy option:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gaslighting mac about a noise in the suburbs and mac cooking the dog is pretty dark i guess

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

moist turtleneck posted:

gaslighting mac about a noise in the suburbs and mac cooking the dog is pretty dark i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUt5tY4pUM&t=88s

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah that was turbo hosed up :smith: That's one of my favorite episodes and every rewatch I keep expecting Mac to mention that it wasn't really the dog and he was just loving with Dennis, but he never does...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

No Dignity posted:

Well, getting the gay kid to do the male stripper dance was pretty bad I guess, I'm genuinely surprised they got away with filming that one

Uh excuse me, gay? That is a boy that just genuinely enjoys pageantry.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe the kid is into beauty pageants to get chicks?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ajaxify posted:

The one I can't watch because it's too dark is when Charlie uses the nice rich girl to make the waitress jealous.

*Alexandria Daddario* of all people. Inspired bit of casting to show how obsessed Charlie is

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Did you miss a D there? I think it's spelled dicks dude

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ra-WkrWwg

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I lose it every time it gets to MR GORBACHEV TEAR DOWN THIS WALL.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looks like we're getting Kaitlyn for next week's podcast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYxLlDzKCk

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ajaxify posted:

Yeah, this one guts me every time. IIRC Charlie wrote the story as a reaction to online fan discourse that painted him as "the only pure one in the group." He wanted to show the fans that Charlie is just as bad (if not worse) as the rest of the Gang, and can absolutely be a total manipulative sociopath when his obsession is on the line.

His "Well, I never actually signed anything, so uh, I'll see you tomorrow?" in The Nightman Cometh is just a hint at it, but that episode spells it right out for you that Charlie sucks.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

There's also a very subtle hint when one of the first episodes involves him faking cancer and manipulating his friends for a chance at a pity gently caress

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

There's also a very subtle hint when one of the first episodes involves him faking cancer and manipulating his friends for a chance at a pity gently caress

To be honest I just assume Charlie is too stupid to know any better in that instance. It’s not a very complicated plan compared to the other thing with the rich girl.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Charlie was always plotting and trying to have sex with the waitress - trying to use the black girl to get the waitress to like him more, trying to use the not-actually-his-child to get the waitress to date him, faking cancer. he also steals from the bar to pay his rent, hell he's the one who plants the idea for the McPoyles to accuse Coach Murray of blowing em

he's an rear end in a top hat all the same, he's just a much more sympathetic type of rear end in a top hat than the rest of the characters

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I feel like if Charlie (and to a lesser extent Mac) could be separated from the others for a long enough time they might become slightly less terrible people

The Reynolds are straight up monsters though, every single one

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

What are you implying? Really, where do you get off?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dennis is a bastard man

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I don't think I wrote that one.

Nov 6, 2002

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What are you implying? Really, where do you get off?

Try walking a mile in my shoes once in a while and then talk to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
So on the podcast today about the manhunter episode, Charlie makes the comment about the "Sharing, it's a rule now" being a reference to some church commercial or something. I have to assume he meant the words were used because clearly that's the Flinstone's theme song. I might have blacked out, but I thought it was weird that no one mentioned it.