Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So, shall we start a pool on how long until The Mittani gets the reins of power back and everything goes back to the way it was just with the critical voices removed? I give it end of the month

I originally figured it would be 6+ months, but the way things are going, I think they're angling for sooner than later

Dalmuti posted:

purged = people that left on their own, not the same as banned

A bunch of critics all losing access to the forums at once is the same thing as banning people. Doubly so when it was obviously innom pushing buttons

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Herstory Begins Now posted:

:rolleyes:

So you didn't ban them, you just conveniently purged them directly after they started criticizing. How tf do you feel okay standing up for this poo poo dude

and nice job leaving innom in charge, people were warning you about this yesterday and you started ranting about infosec crusaders

I felt like posting this out but withheld it because I didn't want to become part of the conversation, but it was pretty brazen when he deliberately and immediately diverted the conversation about innom into a discussion about technical risk as opposed to personnel accountability.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can't see him back on the meta show, I can see him puppet mastering behind the scenes.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

learnincurve posted:

I can't see him back on the meta show, I can see him puppet mastering behind the scenes.

Nah, he's too much of an egotist to loving hide. He will come back, and he will be loving loud when he does

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also sorry Endie I am bad at reading

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

:rolleyes:

So you didn't ban them, you just conveniently purged them directly after they started criticizing. How tf do you feel okay standing up for this poo poo dude

and nice job leaving innom in charge, people were warning you about this yesterday and you started ranting about infosec crusaders

Uhhhhh… what the gently caress dude. To have access to Goonswarm services, you need a character in goonwaffe. How do you have a character in goonwaffe?

Do one of the following every 60 days:
Make a post on goonfleet.com
Connect to jabber
Connect to mumble

I have done activity purges for Goonwaffe once a quarter for the past 5 years. I get that you are super mad zero trust right now but when we are you know checking services to make sure the evil nomnom isn’t sabotaging services and you notice one isn’t working right and fix it… suddenly it’s evil conspiracy.

Seriously, calm the gently caress down.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Stereotype posted:

Also sorry Endie I am bad at reading

You're good, friend.

AdmiralAckbar
Sep 6, 2005
It's a trap!
Bleak Gremlin
Hey everyone, this is Sesfan. This thread seems like the end of an era and seeing a lot of old names made me want to make few remarks.

I don't want to comment on any of the recent drama except to thank FNLN for his commitment to revealing malfeasance and note that he always gets his. Truly a legend.

I played EVE like it was my job for three years and made some incredible memories and friendships.
I also burned out hard and have never regretted leaving, and am grateful to the people who took over after me for keeping things alive.

Some of my favorite memories in no particular order:
- The drunk op to kill Swaffer in Syndicate
- Capturing our first outpost due to someone mistakenly dropping sov, calling it Leeloo Dallas Multipass, and then waging a frantically hopeless campaign to try and hold it.
- Chilling with Lobby Crew on Teamspeak
- Hoegaarden's ridiculous parrots
- Remedial stealing the titan fund and the 48 hours of chaos that followed
- The entire campaign through the South, defeating enemy after enemy with our relentless logistics and amazingly determined fleets, only to be counterinvaded by BoB and desperately trying to hold our ground.
- Bane Glorious and the Titan Manifesto
- Finally killing Sir Molle in his Titan and turning the tide of the war in our favor
- Roy of CA, PEOPLE OF RISE
- Vilerat and the viletat

What made it all possible were the genuinely talented, dedicated, and fun people involved. It's easy to get lost in the drama and bad feelings can persist for a long time, but it's been nice to see some closure and reconciliation happening between some in this thread and I hope all of you can take a moment to remember the good things that happened.

Some shoutouts:
Suas, you were a great FC and a mentor to me. Your rendition of Little Bees will always be a highlight.
Solo Drakban, iron fisted ruler of the forums, thank you for all the infrastructure work you put in.
Everyone who made funny posts on forums.
Everyone who came out on every boring fleet op.
Lobby crew!
Zapawork, for being a really good guy and especially helping me get my first real job.
All the directors who worked extremely hard and unrewarding jobs so that people could enjoy the game. Especially our logistics directors Stampert and Grayton.
Cefte, for being a charming, intelligent, and excellent poster.

And too many more to name.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, email is in profile.

Thanks for everything!

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
can yall please stop jumping down each others throats for banal poo poo like losing access to a private forum when you quit the forum voluntarily?
there is plenty to be critical of, like why are the 8 people still banned when theyve been vindicated, or why are directors not getting reeducated for continuing to deny any wrong doing from Mittani, without inventing outrage

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

andromache posted:

Uhhhhh… what the gently caress dude. To have access to Goonswarm services, you need a character in goonwaffe. How do you have a character in goonwaffe?

Connect to jabber
Connect to mumble

I have done activity purges for Goonwaffe once a quarter for the past 5 years. I get that you are super mad zero trust right now but when we are you know checking services to make sure the evil nomnom isn’t sabotaging services and you notice one isn’t working right and fix it… suddenly it’s evil conspiracy.

I'm fine dude

Any plans to unban the people who called this out? Why hasn't that happened already? Why are they still getting banned?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Nah, he's too much of an egotist to loving hide. He will come back, and he will be loving loud when he does

If brisc does the usual "welcome back boss!" after it's come out that the guy had been harbouring a paedophile then he's an idiot.

I get the whole don't abandon your mates thing a lot of these guys are going through, but people are multi dimensional, they are flawed, and you will never see someone's true self, good or bad, while they are constantly high as a kite. I don't know if any of these guys can see this now but if he really is your friend, make sure he's ok, not because he lost his role as space baddie but because he made need actual real help, and it's you guys who will know if what he's been writing is a sign that he's got in too deep or not.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

Connect to jabber
Connect to mumble

My friend in Christ, I went to bed at 4am this morning with all of my alts and main in Goonwaffe. I came home at 10am to find all of my alts booted from the corp, unable to access the forums, and unable to quit the corp on my main because I was in "stasis due to role cooldown". I was loving kicked and purged

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AdmiralAckbar posted:

Hey everyone, this is Sesfan.

is #1 qtiyd

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

I'm fine dude

Any plans to unban the people who called this out? Why hasn't that happened already? Why are they still getting banned?

Well we don’t have an alliance leader and our corporation ceo is interim. So maybe those are decisions that aren’t going to be made right now and that’s completely reasonable?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

My friend in Christ, I went to bed at 4am this morning with all of my alts and main in Goonwaffe. I came home at 10am to find all of my alts booted from the corp, unable to access the forums, and unable to quit the corp on my main because I was in "stasis due to role cooldown". I was loving kicked and purged

Are you Hopscotch Overblown? I saw that email and had no idea who Hopscotch was.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

almighty posted:

Could you please tell him Alp says hello? I haven't been in touch with him since Tweetfleet Slack went down, and I don't think he ever migrated to /r/EVE Discord. If possible, I'd like to get in touch. Please tell him I've devised some new terrible seaman jokes.

pm sent

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'll be CEO. Remedial promised me a directorship when I ferried him and Missy back to their hotel after the infamous "pizza stain" meet.

And by "CEO" I mean in name only because I haven't played EVE in forever and don't know how anything works anymore.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

Are you Hopscotch Overblown? I saw that email and had no idea who Hopscotch was.

So I was banned? Good to know

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

So I was banned? Good to know

Yeah it looks that way. There isn’t a ban reason in the email but I can go ask if you care. Also if you do care tell me if you want it posted here or in a DM.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

Yeah it looks that way. There isn’t a ban reason in the email but I can go ask if you care. Also if you do care tell me if you want it posted here or in a DM.

I mean, the only reason I can think of "was shittalking the alliance on reddit repeatedly". Which is loving hilarious that the powers that be in game suddenly give a loving poo poo what someone in game does on an out of game service. Still, I'll make sure my carriers, faxes and supers end up in good hands

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So no one is getting banned apart from those who are? Good to know.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

So no one is getting banned apart from those who are? Good to know.

Only those that speak out against dear departed leader

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

kociek is of the opinion that being mean to each other in your posts is tantamount to "hate speech and verbal abuse" so im pretty sure those will be the dogshit "reasons" posters are getting banned
its funny cause he said he had gotten 13 death threats on gf.com yesterday but there are 8 bans and i dont think any of them did that so vOv
also atrum made a good post in the gf thread if someone could repost it here, im on mobile

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

andromache posted:

Well we don’t have an alliance leader and our corporation ceo is interim. So maybe those are decisions that aren’t going to be made right now and that’s completely reasonable?

as someone who got banned for being correct, i just wanna say i'm cool with this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Also BTLS and MRCHI

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Sixx Spades posted:

To be honest, Spadedad era and running with Miniluv in its first couple years is what made Eve enjoyable for me too. I came back briefly during the horn of goondor stuff but the game itself was just not enticing enough to keep me around. It was nice to see old friends again, though.

Hi Sixx, it's Boneytooth. Miss the 2013-2016 MiniLuv days.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Hey guys I think we should all quit this game can I get a consensus?

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes, let's quit this burning shitpile of a game.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lemme get my poo poo out of asset safety and give it to a deserving home first

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Digital Ebola posted:

the gently caress

TIL digi isnt permabanned

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Digital Ebola posted:

You don’t get to play this card my dude

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
atrum give us an updated ban list so we can see those who stood up to tyranny

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

ded posted:

no no they were inciting violence and doing hate speech! drat woke moralists!

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

You don’t get to play this card my dude

:rimshot:

It's been eight glorious years. I still talk to folks and sometimes get the highlights and it's probably more fun that way.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Rhymenoserous posted:

If we quit, the chuds win. We fight to change it from the inside, I say.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Digital Ebola posted:

Go away.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ded posted:

it's a fair number of characters at least

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Stereotype posted:

it's a fair number of characters at least

Doesn't differentiate between the banned, the purged, and those who left of their own volition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

I don’t know ya’lls SA names so you’ll have to fill in those blanks. And like I said earlier, I’m only getting emails for people in Goonwaffe. If someone was in another corp I wouldn’t get that, or in some forum group other than Goonwaffe (which I think is Deadtear’s situation as a mod)

• Hopscotch Overblown
  • celada1
  • mokita
  • dinin dalael
  • koathecat
  • methyl ketone
  • svett
  • furnok dorn

From most recent to oldest at the bottom.