Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

Kazuha is boring and the game should feature him less in stories imo

Very milk toast yes. I know you sort of need a serious character to cut the bullshit between Fischl, Mona and Paimon but you can have at least a bit of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Latest rumor for future content not related to Sumeru is an Ayaka event to market her rumored alternate costume thats also supposed to involve Raiden somehow. That would make her the first limited five star to get a costume. The other rumored costume is Sumeru Akademiya Student Uniform Lisa. Not sure what the occasion could be or what patch that would feature in though or where the data is even being pulled from.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kale posted:

Latest rumor for future content not related to Sumeru is an Ayaka event to market her rumored alternate costume thats also supposed to involve Raiden somehow. That would make her the first limited five star to get a costume. The other rumored costume is Sumeru Akademiya Student Uniform Lisa. Not sure what the occasion could be or what patch that would feature in though or where the data is even being pulled from.

no more ayaka pls

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone know where the other torch(es) to light up are for this chest? Its near where you pick up the rock for the main quest in the islands.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 16, 2022

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone know where the other torch(es) to light up are for this chest? Its near where you pick up the rock for the main quest in the islands.

This one annoyed the piss out of me, and I'm not actually 110% sure how I did it. I lit those two and marked the spot on the map, then followed the event main quest until it lets you make certain alterations to that island (being deliberately vague here to avoid spoiling it for people as its only out today. Then I basically just revisited that spot having made various changes, killing anything that happened to be nearby, and one of the times I went back it had unlocked, so something I'd done must have worked.

Edit: To be more explicit (mechanical spoilers for stuff that unlocked today which you unlock after exhausting todays (fairly lengthy) event quest; You unlock the ability to swap out the two sides of the island independently for alternate mountains, basically monstadt/inazuma/liyue. So I set them both to monstadt, went back to that spot, killed or interacted with everything I could see nearby. Then set them to inazuma, repeated, liyue, repeated. Still didnt unlock, so I started just loving around with like... left side monstadt, right side liyue, and whatever other combinations (which is necessary for certain puzzles). At one point I went back there and the chest was just unlocked but I'm really not sure exactly what I did that unlocked it

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 16, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ah ok, I'll come back to it later. thanks!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Andrast posted:

no more ayaka pls

I don't have Ayaka yet so please more Ayaka til I get her.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

I don't have Ayaka yet so please more Ayaka til I get her.

i'm fine with her being on banners, just please keep her away from events

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want an event with both Thoma and Kaeya in it. They seem like a couple characters it'd be fun to see bounce off of one another.

Heck, throw all the confident and/or smug characters together. Ayato, Yae Miko, Lisa, Yelan, and Ningguang can join in.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SiKboy posted:

This one annoyed the piss out of me, and I'm not actually 110% sure how I did it. I lit those two and marked the spot on the map, then followed the event main quest until it lets you make certain alterations to that island (being deliberately vague here to avoid spoiling it for people as its only out today. Then I basically just revisited that spot having made various changes, killing anything that happened to be nearby, and one of the times I went back it had unlocked, so something I'd done must have worked.

Edit: To be more explicit (mechanical spoilers for stuff that unlocked today which you unlock after exhausting todays (fairly lengthy) event quest; You unlock the ability to swap out the two sides of the island independently for alternate mountains, basically monstadt/inazuma/liyue. So I set them both to monstadt, went back to that spot, killed or interacted with everything I could see nearby. Then set them to inazuma, repeated, liyue, repeated. Still didnt unlock, so I started just loving around with like... left side monstadt, right side liyue, and whatever other combinations (which is necessary for certain puzzles). At one point I went back there and the chest was just unlocked but I'm really not sure exactly what I did that unlocked it

There's a Tanuki quest that appears when the right (I think) island is Inazuma-ized that makes you switch them around. That's how I ultimately solved it because each time I switched the islands I explored the hell out of them because going back to switch them around seems like a huge hassle. There's still some stuff with pressure plates and those elemental pillars that I didn't do but I think I got everything else. Including that chest. It's a cool idea though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ytlaya posted:

I want an event with both Thoma and Kaeya in it. They seem like a couple characters it'd be fun to see bounce off of one another.

Heck, throw all the confident and/or smug characters together. Ayato, Yae Miko, Lisa, Yelan, and Ningguang can join in.

All of them with their own convoluted five-moves-ahead plans, then it turns out you can't account for the Itto-Klee mechashiva.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Andrast posted:

no more ayaka pls

Hidoi yo~ :ohdear:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've been doing Tsurumi Island stuff since it'd come out during my big hiatus and my god this place sucks. How many goddamn times do I have to do a quest to clear the fog off this godforsaken island?!

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Ruin Serpent drops geo gems. 3 new release characters in a row require ruin serpent mats. None of those characters are geo. And now we have to fight ruin serpent in the spiral abyss as well. :ssj::argh:

Between ruin serpent and thunder manifestation you might have to do multiple attempts just because of bad boss RNG. Sometimes thunder manifestation decides to keep flying across the room every time you get close. Thankfully 11-3b is a complete cakewalk. 12-3 is really the only thing that was a struggle to finish on time, both halves are not easy.

How many consecutive abyss phases have had these bonuses tailor-made to reward only teams that are not all-support? Seems like ever since people figured out some optimal teams mihoyo has gone out of their way to say "no." Like if it were just one or two cycles then they are encouraging people to try different playstyles. After so many abyss cycles I'm convinced mihoyo is trying to specifically screw all-support teams because they don't like the way players are beating their abyss.

Blessing of the Abyssal Moon posted:

• When a character takes the field, they will gain 1 Fortitude stack every 2s. This will increase their ATK by 20%. Max 3 stacks. When characters with 3 Fortitude stacks hit opponents with Charged Attacks, a shockwave will be unleashed at the opponents' position, dealing True DMG. A shockwave can be unleashed in this manner once every 2s. When the character leaves the field, all their Fortitude stacks will be cleared.
  • After the active character uses an Elemental Skill, that character's next Normal Attack that hits an opponent will unleash a shockwave at that opponent's position, dealing DMG. This effect can occur once every 1.2s.
  • After a character's Elemental Skill hits an opponent, that opponent's Physical and All Elemental RES will be decreased by 12% for 8s. Max 3 stacks. Stacks are counted independently.
  • After the active character uses an Elemental Skill, Normal Attack DMG is increased by 16% for 8s. Max 3 stacks. Stacks are counted independently.
  • After a character's Normal Attack hits an opponent, this opponent will be afflicted with a Mark of Ending. After 10s, this Mark of Ending will be removed, dealing True DMG to this opponent. When a character's Normal Attack hits an opponent with a Mark of Ending, the DMG dealt by the Mark of Ending's removal will be increased. This DMG can be increased 9 times.
  • After a character's Normal Attack deals DMG to an opponent, the Physical/Elemental RES of this opponent will decrease by 6% for 5s, matching the type of DMG dealt. This can stack up to 7 times. RES decreases of different types can co-exist, and their stacks and timers will be independent of each other.
  • After a character's Normal Attacks hit opponents, the DMG dealt by this character's Normal Attacks will increase by 12% for 5s. This effect can stack up to 5 times. Each stack is calculated independently. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s.
  • After a character's Normal Attack hits an opponent, this opponent will be afflicted with a Mark of Ending. After 10s, this Mark of Ending will be removed, dealing True DMG to this opponent. When a character's Normal Attack hits an opponent with a Mark of Ending, the DMG dealt by the Mark of Ending's removal will be increased. This DMG can be increased 9 times.
etc, etc

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why would they make a blessing to buff bennett xiangling vaporize? It's already overpowered and 75% of people clearing use it anyways no matter what the buffs are.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like Mona fits into this category a bit too and maybe Itto in an unwarranted confidence Dunning-Krueger effect sense.

Kale
May 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I've been doing Tsurumi Island stuff since it'd come out during my big hiatus and my god this place sucks. How many goddamn times do I have to do a quest to clear the fog off this godforsaken island?!

Tsurumi has the most time gated quest lines in the game that I'm aware. Have fun doing the one where you have to light every single one of those electro beacons too and I mean like all 50 or so of them. I know theres storyline reasons for some of these quests but it can be a little taxing on Tsurumi for sure.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsurumi's been out for absolute ages but I finished the quests there only last week. They were gated ones where you had to visit ghosts every day or so but I got it done. Fortunately Tsurumi has the best music in the game so it's not that bad.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I just came back after playing at release, and am remembering how much I Iove the chill exploring and puzzle gameplay while really not liking the typical gacha game grind stuff.
I pulled Itto and love both his playstyle and personality. So far at level 30-40 he's perfectly viable with no constellation unlocks, but almost everything I'm reading says you need to heavily invest in him like running 3 geo characters and unlocking all his constellation stuff.
Is that just for endgame -which I'll probably never see- or also to be able to clear basic story stuff?
Because just running around exploring he works fine with a rainbow team. Hell, I use Qiqi as my healer and apparently she's the worst now.

The bigger issue seems like I might have to mothball him as enemies climb in level since I haven't unlocked his region yet so don't have a way to ascend him. So he's capped at 40 for the rest of the Earth Dragon region.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Coolness Averted posted:

I just came back after playing at release, and am remembering how much I Iove the chill exploring and puzzle gameplay while really not liking the typical gacha game grind stuff.
I pulled Itto and love both his playstyle and personality. So far at level 30-40 he's perfectly viable with no constellation unlocks, but almost everything I'm reading says you need to heavily invest in him like running 3 geo characters and unlocking all his constellation stuff.
Is that just for endgame -which I'll probably never see- or also to be able to clear basic story stuff?
Because just running around exploring he works fine with a rainbow team. Hell, I use Qiqi as my healer and apparently she's the worst now.

The bigger issue seems like I might have to mothball him as enemies climb in level since I haven't unlocked his region yet so don't have a way to ascend him. So he's capped at 40 for the rest of the Earth Dragon region.
You definitely do not need constellation stuff for Itto (or any 5 star). Way in the future you'll want to be able to use his burst a lot and 4 geo is good for enabling that, but it's something you'll figure out going forwards.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just don't worry about 5* constellations, the characters tend to be good enough as-is. If they repeat then you can make an informed decision whether to pull for a constellation but otherwise just get the character you want and don't worry about it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

As someone who enjoyed playing Itto enough on his first run to pull from c0 up to c2, I can confirm: Not only do you not need constellations for him, you really don't "need" Geo characters either; the Geo party thing is because his c2 cares about it and his c4 benefits them indirectly (by giving a DEF boost and Geo characters' thing is scaling something off of DEF). He does feel insanely strong if you've got Gorou in your party, and Gorou benefits from more Geo characters (but if you're running Itto + Gorou, hey that's 2 right there!), but even without, he feels pretty good.

The only Itto Tip I can give you really is, once you do get to Inazuma, there's a cave underneath the settlement in the lower half of the eastern island continent (go to the lowest of the 3 TP points there, jump off the cliff to your north, and turn around and go in) with 6 of the beetles his ascensions need. You can and will find more out in the world, but this is the best place to spend 30 seconds going to every 3 days in order to have enough without going insane combing the full zone tree by tree.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

any guide that tells you you need constellations for 5*s is lying to you. even the hardest content in the game cna be beaten without constellations quite easily. I have literally never rolled for constellations in my life and intentionally use jankier teams or weaker characters and I beat the hardest content in the game quite easily.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 16, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hardest content in the game can be beaten with literally only the free characters actually. the main thing you need to do is just level characters, their talents, their artifacts, and their weapons, thats it, nothing to do really do with the gacha. some later story stuff can be mildly difficult but not nearly hard enough to require hyper optimized teams. itto works well on monogeo teams but the barrier to entry for those teams is 'having gorou,' because then you can just run gorou, geo mc, and itto, and again that actually is a hyperoptimized team you can clear endgame content with.

And I wouldn't worry about being locked out of Itto's ascensions, he should still be totally fine until AR30 and you unlock Inazuma if you give him good artifacts.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The hardest part of this game outside of the abyss was the ruin guard swarm quest in northern Liyue where you had to protect the thing in the cave. And that was like three months after the game came out and I only had a couple of 5* characters at that point. I used freaking Amber to get through that. Since then it's been at worst mildly inconveniencing in terms of difficulty. You barely need 4* constellations let alone 5*.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pretty much the only 'mandatory' constellations I can think of are Sara feeling jank as hell to play without her C2, Noelle needing C6 to be a viable DPS option, and Yanfei needing C4 to be a shielder. And those are all 4* characters, two of them are being specced into roles they werent really designed for, and Sara's is just a game feel thing. Otherwise constellations are basically just number increases that are nice to have but dont really matter in the grand scheme of things, nothing that radically reshapes the fabric of the game.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Stare-Out posted:

Fortunately Tsurumi Seirai has the best music in the game so it's not that bad.

:colbert:

Also Ningguang needs her constellations. C0 Ning is not good.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Stare-Out posted:

The hardest part of this game outside of the abyss was the ruin guard swarm quest in northern Liyue where you had to protect the thing in the cave. And that was like three months after the game came out and I only had a couple of 5* characters at that point. I used freaking Amber to get through that. Since then it's been at worst mildly inconveniencing in terms of difficulty. You barely need 4* constellations let alone 5*.

I'd rate the various quests involving multiple types of mages and a time limit up there, but those are more "do you have anemo" checks than that agro-managing nonsense quest. I went back to it months later and still couldn't do the drat thing on my own lol.

4☆s do definitely feel more complete with constellations, I wouldn't really call those unnecessary. They are definitely less important than talents and artifacts in terms of just getting through things, but aside from the free characters, who pretty much just get nice bonuses, I think most of the 4☆s are built around you having all their stuff, or at least a couple constellations.

5☆s definitely don't need them. That extra 5% damage is pretty irrelevant when everything's already dead. Even something like hu tao c1 is more nice than necessary (unless the idea of not doing the absolutely most efficient attack commands and rotations causes you physical pain or something)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Barely" carries a lot of weight in what I said, yeah. Some 4* are pretty lame from the get-go and only become usable after some constellations but a lot of the good ones do just fine without any of them. Unless you want to utterly wreck the abyss every time there's very little point in pulling for constellations for any character. Just go for new characters that can do the job at C0.

And yeah, the Anemo Traveller can handle mage stuff pretty well, as long as they're mixed elements or you have the opposite element in your party to swirl their shields down with. The Liyue ruin guard quest is the only one I've ever failed in the game, and I failed it like twice before I did it and even that was just barely.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 16, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i havent jump cancelled hu tao's charge attacks in ages and i think ive lost like 6 seconds of my average spiral abyss clear time tops

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

In retrospect I don't feel great for getting Hu Tao's C1 since I constantly forget to utilize the extra stamina anyway so I would've been fine without it. It's not even a quality of life thing for me.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I like the hu tao's c1 because jump canceling feels awful and I just didn't bother. Now I sometimes dash cancel! Just like Noelle!

The problem with "anemo traveler" solves it for that one tower quest in liyue is that you almost definitely switched to geo before you stumbled onto the quest, and now you have to schlep all the way back to switch and then go back to it. Also probably nobody ever remembers that anemo traveler has a hold e.

I guess saying "you will want a dendro, pyro, electro, and hydro" for sumeru well before release is a good way of alleviating "suddenly you need anemo," at least. Of course, that presumes they won't just throw a bunch of three-type mage puzzles at you, in addition to the traversal puzzles. Thank god for those extra party slots, I guess.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Stare-Out posted:

I have no memory of that quest, so I cant have been too annoyed by it, so I'd instead nominate nominate the end of the Tatara Tales questline in Inazuma, the one with the furnace in the quarry where the last step is defending it from the fatui. Between the shields (so you need to use specific elements on your team, not necessarily your highest level characters when this quest rolls round), the hydro gunner healing, the fact they team a hydro gunner with an ice gunner (because who doesnt love being frozen when you are trying to defend an object?) then two of the invisible "you cant run from debt" fuckos who spawn at opposite sides of the island so you cant possibly contain both before one of them reaches the thing you are defending... I dropped my world level as low as it could go for that one and still struggled and had to come back later with a team of characters I'd levelled up specifically for the occasion.

I struggled with some of the Dragonspine stuff as well, but a) it was at least all optional and b) I dipped into dragonspine when I was way underlevelled for it, so fair enough.

ETA:

Zenostein posted:

The problem with "anemo traveler" solves it for that one tower quest in liyue is that you almost definitely switched to geo before you stumbled onto the quest, and now you have to schlep all the way back to switch and then go back to it. Also probably nobody ever remembers that anemo traveler has a hold e.

That'll be why I dont remember that quest, I mained Anemo Traveller until I got to inazuma and stopped using the traveller at all. I had her as geo for about... maybe 5 minutes before I decided it sucked and that I could just use Noelle if I needed geo and switched back to Anemo. Then I got Zhongli.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 16, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The only Itto Tip I can give you really is, once you do get to Inazuma, there's a cave underneath the settlement in the lower half of the eastern island continent (go to the lowest of the 3 TP points there, jump off the cliff to your north, and turn around and go in) with 6 of the beetles his ascensions need. You can and will find more out in the world, but this is the best place to spend 30 seconds going to every 3 days in order to have enough without going insane combing the full zone tree by tree.
Ah thanks, that's gonna be real useful.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Coolness Averted posted:

Ah thanks, that's gonna be real useful.
Fair warning: Heizou also uses them and Heizou kicks rear end so you're going to be in that cave a lot, on a long enough timeline. And it'll be worth it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

SiKboy posted:

ETA:

That'll be why I dont remember that quest, I mained Anemo Traveller until I got to inazuma and stopped using the traveller at all. I had her as geo for about... maybe 5 minutes before I decided it sucked and that I could just use Noelle if I needed geo and switched back to Anemo. Then I got Zhongli.

Actually I just remembered, another part of that tower nonsense (another one of the towers, I think?) required geo traveler because you had to do some godawful parkour nonsense to climb the tower, which basically required you to set one of the meteors on the side of a column. Pretty sure I just dragged a lv. 1 sucrose with me to kill the mages and prayed that a hilchurl didn't punch her before she swirled them down. That quest was annoying, but it wasn't really hard the way the chi of whatever quest was.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Chi of Guyun is the name of the quest, and it's 4 ruin guards and a ruin hunter attacking a thing you need to protect. There are 3 waves but the mobs can be out at the same time. It sucked.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Oh, poo poo, now I've googled it I do remember that one. Yeah, fair play, that one sucked too, even with anemo traveller I felt there was a fairly strong luck component. That was the first time I tried to look up youtube to see if there was a strategy I was missing, and all the "beat this mission (easy method)" videos were basically "Be way overlevelled, with 5* characters you dont have with a full suite of perfect meta artifacts, also co-op with someone else who has that poo poo too". Pretty much gave up on genshin videos at that point.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/w0lubi/sumeru_ost_battle_theme_12_bgm_12/

Dang, Sumeru gonna have some bangin' tunes if the base midi-fied versions are already bops. The actual orchestral recordings should be real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh boy, another Floor 12 that hinges on Ruin Sentinels not pulling rng bullshit