Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Re: anchovy paste

Hatebag posted:

Yeah. It's pretty subtle in a pizza because there's so many other flavors that a teaspoon or so in a 16" pizza doesn't taste like you're going ham on a tin of anchovies. Plus you can use the anchovy paste to make caesar dressing

Pro tip: Soy sauce makes an ok substitute if you're cooking for people who can't have fish paste in the pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

By popular demand posted:

Re: anchovy paste

Pro tip: Soy sauce makes an ok substitute if you're cooking for people who can't have fish paste in the pizza.

Yeah you could probably sub it out for any reasonable salty/savory sauce. Fish sauce comes to mind but that doesn't help for the fishless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hatebag posted:

the fishless

Off to the username thread I go

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I need to know if these taste good before I can decide if they should be mourned or not.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppizzas/status/1548073339335217153
Little known fact, E X T R A  M O I S T is actually a secret menu option at most pizzerias

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
"it's.... wet"

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The worst pizza would just be a scoop of the coals

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: it's...wet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: it's...wet

:hai:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Sewer pizza flashbacks :gonk:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Soup, no matter how chezzy, on a bit of circular flat bread is not a pizza, and yes this a hill I will die on.

An idiotic stances mayhaps, but I shall die a correct idiot. I am fine with that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I didn’t snap a screenshot but I was somewhere this past weekend that doesn’t have table service so you go to a counter to pick up your food. Anyway they have an online system to order from your phone at your table and within the customization options of each food item is a “do not make” option that I thought was interesting.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dr_rat posted:

Soup, no matter how chezzy, on a bit of circular flat bread is not a pizza, and yes this a hill I will die on.

An idiotic stances mayhaps, but I shall die a correct idiot. I am fine with that.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Some of these pizzas are peoples best pizzas

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Lol

Also the Iranian quiché'za looks wild.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The pizza is still moist.... they can't have gone far

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Haha

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cowman posted:

would try and immediately regret it

The way the "sauce" drops onto the bread makes me feel not good, man.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A far too generous way to describe ketchup

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I didn’t snap a screenshot but I was somewhere this past weekend that doesn’t have table service so you go to a counter to pick up your food. Anyway they have an online system to order from your phone at your table and within the customization options of each food item is a “do not make” option that I thought was interesting.

This is because the place gives you access to the same mods the workers have, and a no make button let's you ring something in to add it to a tab while also not having the kitchen fire another item

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Soul Dentist posted:

This is because the place gives you access to the same mods the workers have, and a no make button let's you ring something in to add it to a tab while also not having the kitchen fire another item

Oh huh. Makes sense :tipshat:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://soranews24.com/2022/07/13/durian-mango-cheese-pizza-comes-to-pizza-hut-taiwan-we-put-our-nose-on-the-line-and-try-some/

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Is that... is that sugar?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Why the gently caress not at that point

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm willing to believe it's good

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If you can get past the overpowering smell of rotten fruit and have it not taint the taste, you do you.

itry posted:

Coconut powder.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

What are you doing, step mother?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Schubalts posted:

Coconut powder.

:psyduck:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

itry posted:

dehydrated cum

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppizzas/status/1548784914761383936
Possibly the worst pizza by one particular metric

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

5k a night!? Does it come with a cannonical blowjob from a character of your choice?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I heard about it I wanted to go to it. They have TVs instead of windows and they show space lol

I think it was 5k for 2-3 days or something.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

By popular demand posted:

5k a night!? Does it come with a cannonical blowjob from a character of your choice?

metaphorically, yeah. it's a multi-day larp experience that's underwhelming based on public reviews.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Every morning the cafeteria closes with Han shooting Greedo and an all out melee.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

They only play Jizz

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe I'll ask here because I'm really starting to wonder.

Serious question: is there such a thing as "west coast style pizza" or some such? I was just in Oregon and all the pizza I saw around was like this:

The main feature being that the crust around the edge is not raised, the toppings go right to the edge. It's the way all pizza was when I was growing up in California, it's how Round Table does it, it's how Mountain Mike's does it, and apparently every place in Oregon does it like that too.

I really like it.

All the pizza I've seen on the east coast (whether NYC street style, brick-oven style, etc) seems to have a big thick crust edge, which is something I only associated with poo poo tier office party pizza back in CA.

This isn't even getting into the toppings/flavors, which I would also swear are way different on west coast pizzas, but that's harder to capture in a photo. Much spicier pepperoni/sauce and meltier cheese though, and lord help you if you use canned mushrooms.

Am I insane or is this a thing? Either way I am only getting more homesick the longer I'm out east

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I don’t know about “west coast style pizza.” I grew up in Seattle and don’t remember seeing that kind of pizza. When I’m out there nowadays I don’t see it either, but to be fair I’m not eating a lot of pizza.

There is a huge amount of pizza diversity between Philly and Boston. You’d probably like New Haven pizza, which is thin crust, doesn’t have a cornicione at all, and is terrific. Or maybe Trenton style, which is also thin crust. I haven’t seen toppings all the way to the edge, though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I don’t know about “west coast style pizza.” I grew up in Seattle and don’t remember seeing that kind of pizza. When I’m out there nowadays I don’t see it either, but to be fair I’m not eating a lot of pizza.

There is a huge amount of pizza diversity between Philly and Boston. You’d probably like New Haven pizza, which is thin crust, doesn’t have a cornicione at all, and is terrific. Or maybe Trenton style, which is also thin crust. I haven’t seen toppings all the way to the edge, though.

Good New Haven style is thin crust but with a good bit of “chew” that stops it from being floppy like New York style. I got a meatball/pepper/ricotta pie from Pepe’s last night and it was :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I do really want to try New Haven, but now that I'm out of the area it'll be some time before I have the chance again :negative:

I have added "cornicione" to my vocabulary now though, much thanks