Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

Thread content:
Context: Sims 4 has more options for LGBTQIA characters in the next expansion - so you can make your sim specifically be gay or bi or even asexual/aromantic!
https://twitter.com/VoidTheProto/status/1548028721692418048

I ain't never made a straight sim, and I sure ain't gonna start doing it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sims: We'll let you be straight now!

This guy: BUT WHAT ABOUT STRAIGHT PEOPLE?

?? They're- they're letting you be straight now, I do not understand your complaint.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's more like this
Sims: you can choose a Sims' sexual orientation now.
Someone: sims used to not have any sexual preferences, instead of adding queer representation they're adding straight representation and that's funny!
Dicknose on Twitter: No it's not funny! It's serious! Why did it take this long to have the criminally underrepresented minority of straights in a game?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

joylessdivision posted:

Yes...."Despair" was what filled my teenage heart when I saw them.....:airquote:
:hai: :respek: :hai:

joylessdivision posted:

What, and I cannot stress this enough,THE gently caress.

Yeah I thought it was a bad joke but then I considered that influencers are often completely unable to perform basic reflection on their actions.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1548257828493598720

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Children are supposed to suffer

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Really the entire reply section is just that all the way down.

https://twitter.com/elovabloke/status/1548215501582503936

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bloody wokies not getting heatstroke

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"What the gently caress is a heat index?"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A list where all the possible heats are listed in alphabetical order.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

"What the gently caress is a heat index?"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I live in Florida these day and the lack of air conditioning in the UK drove me insane when I visited home a few weeks ago. UK life is set up for a very specific temperature range, and the second it goes above or below this all hell breaks loose because nobody could see this coming despite the fact it happens every single year.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It doesn't normally get as hot as they are predicting, it is the hottest it's been since records began. Also it normally only happens briefly so building air con into every house is kind of pointless most of the time, also UK housing stock is garbage generally and a lot of people don't own their house and pay stupid rent for lovely, moldy houses because we have not yet risen up and killed all the landlords.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I live in Florida these day and the lack of air conditioning in the UK drove me insane when I visited home a few weeks ago. UK life is set up for a very specific temperature range, and the second it goes above or below this all hell breaks loose because nobody could see this coming despite the fact it happens every single year.

In the US we have school shootings, in the UK they have heat waves.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Warmachine posted:

In the US we have school shootings, in the UK they have heat waves.

Yeah, but we try to keep our kids away from the heat waves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, but we try to keep our kids away from the heat waves.

yea the British government and ruling class is indeed known for the deep passion for children

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah it's much less elitist in the states

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's more like this
Sims: you can choose a Sims' sexual orientation now.
Someone: sims used to not have any sexual preferences, instead of adding queer representation they're adding straight representation and that's funny!
Dicknose on Twitter: No it's not funny! It's serious! Why did it take this long to have the criminally underrepresented minority of straights in a game?

Press 1 for straight

:byodood::byodood::byodood:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knormal posted:

My dad's monitor had a switch that could change it between green, white, and amber :smug:

Lmao it was a colour monitor.

e: The white would've been full-colour RGB mode only driven in monochrome by the computre.

Just in case you think I'm loving with you: monochrome monitors don't have a mask, so to manufacture a "monochrome" tube that did what you described would involve literally literally building a colour monitor, except putting white, amber, and green phosphorus in as opposed to the normal mix. a) no-one would manufacture it and b) no-one would even consider buying it as it would cost the same as a colour unit.

ee: Now someone will dig up a Marc239408203948 Youtube showing me wrong.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 20:31 on Jul 16, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah it's much less elitist in the states

It was a joke about pedophiles.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Len posted:

my freshman spanish teacher tried to do a whole section about their holiday and we couldn't because "one of your classmates let me know they recently had a death in the family and it would be too much"

https://www.theonion.com/fun-toy-banned-because-of-three-stupid-dead-kids-1819565691

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/1548307841647161345

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Technically these antiabortion ghouls could survive being run over by a speeding car.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Platystemon posted:

Technically these antiabortion ghouls could survive being run over by a speeding car.

I'm gonna need video proof of this. A lot of videos.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

She just. keeps. digging.

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/1548310333160185858

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That woman writes like five columns a week for the Washington Post. The Washington Post, ladies and gentlemen!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

just a normal day of doing mental gymnastics on twitter trying to make the rape and impregnation of a 10 year old child seem not so bad

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just because we don't throw a 14 year old in jail for fingering their girlfriend doesn't mean they're legally capable of consent.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Midnight Voyager posted:

That woman writes like five columns a week for the Washington Post. The Washington Post, ladies and gentlemen!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have to have these abysmal ideas and I have to post about them, it's my job, if I don't think about them then nobody will and that just wouldn't do, it's a difficult job but I'm a journalist and that is what a journalist must do, have the worst ideas and then tell everybody about them.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I haven't read all the tweets between "hypothetically a 10 year old being pregnant might not qualify her for an abortion solely under the idea of it being to save her life" and "it's cool for a 13 year old and a 14 year old to get it on" and there's no force on earth that could get me to read them. What is she even arguing at this point?

Her first point could generously be read as an example of why "health of the mother" clauses are inadequate. Her second point seems to just be "a pregnant child isn't necessarily a victim of rape" which I guess is technically true, but I don't see how these could be connected. What thread could connect them?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/BaltimoorBambi/status/1547800360743366657

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I haven't read all the tweets between "hypothetically a 10 year old being pregnant might not qualify her for an abortion solely under the idea of it being to save her life" and "it's cool for a 13 year old and a 14 year old to get it on" and there's no force on earth that could get me to read them. What is she even arguing at this point?

Her first point could generously be read as an example of why "health of the mother" clauses are inadequate. Her second point seems to just be "a pregnant child isn't necessarily a victim of rape" which I guess is technically true, but I don't see how these could be connected. What thread could connect them?

OwlFancier posted:

I have to have these abysmal ideas and I have to post about them, it's my job, if I don't think about them then nobody will and that just wouldn't do, it's a difficult job but I'm a journalist and that is what a journalist must do, have the worst ideas and then tell everybody about them.

I'm not really being silly here, absenting the distinct possibility that she just is anti abortion and will make up any auld shite to support that, there is absolutely a kind of person who just adopts the stupidest loving devil's advocate position in any situation because it's simply fascinating don't you think and we should definitely talk about this, my brain is just so happy exploring these possibilities you guys.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

The newspaper Bezos bought? You don't loving say!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes it is an arbys

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baron von Eevl posted:

I vaguely recognized her name and figured out where it was from: She wrote a ton of screeds against the ACA. So uh, the thread is that she's poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

I vaguely recognized her name and figured out where it was from: She wrote a ton of screeds against the ACA. So uh, the thread is that she's poo poo.

She also had an absolutely inhuman take about the Grenfell fire.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

She also had an absolutely inhuman take about the Grenfell fire.

THAT'S where I recognise the name from, chapo did a reading series on that article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I believe it's the one where Matt got so incensed his neighbors called building security on him.