Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

The Shortest Path posted:

yeah the poo poo in this thread is insanely hosed up but there's also insanely hosed up poo poo being unearthed right now on reddit and discord.

This game has brought out the absolute worst in dozens of people and I just don't understand why

I want to know more what the gently caress is happening

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’m so sorry.

this is what happens when you stop me from calling people dumbasses in the eve thread(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I am finished with the new OP

https://i.imgur.com/WFcrYvw.mp4

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I posted this earlier in the thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6fkha9TVQ

And I feel the only doubling up we've done ITT is doubling down on the absolute worst poo poo ever

kill me now

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I want to know more what the gently caress is happening

I miss the days of making some goofy bastard post stupid in front of you. Can we go back to that?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

accurate

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hell yeah OSHA thread crossposting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

I miss the days of making some goofy bastard post stupid in front of you. Can we go back to that?

no i did my time

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

*reads reddit*

The EvE community is performing a colonic irrigation, and you know that, it looks like that's a good thing.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The history of Goonswarm is like a landfill filled entirely with closets packed to the brim with children's skeletons.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

If you think that's bad, a log just got posted of someone confessing to murder and illegally entering Iran to extirpate someone.

No, this isn't a joke. I wish it was.

:shepface:

expatriate or extirpate, and in the latter case, the person out of the country or their internal organs for trafficking? I expect nothing less of EVE goons and associates

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

yeah the poo poo in this thread is insanely hosed up but there's also insanely hosed up poo poo being unearthed right now on reddit and discord.

This game has brought out the absolute worst in dozens of people and I just don't understand why

Yeah what in the everloving gently caress. I'm not surprised about the 420chan guy but I just thought the rest of these dorks were just broken mmo addicts. Not like, weird sex pests and libertarians.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Zodium posted:

The history of Goonswarm is like a landfill filled entirely with closets packed to the brim with children's skeletons.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the plot of Das Boot, where it couldn't possibly get worse, it does, then it pauses, then gets inexplicably worse again four more times

not going to lie, I expected the account of the rape of someone with multiple direct connections to domestic terrorism would be the bombing scene at the end, but nope it looks like Oliver North had a loving EvE Online account or something

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Marxalot posted:

Yeah what in the everloving gently caress. I'm not surprised about the 420chan guy but I just thought the rest of these dorks were just broken mmo addicts. Not like, weird sex pests and libertarians.

come on now marxalot. did you? did you really not think that? :kiddo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fermented Tinal posted:

I've been agonizing for days over whether or not to post in this thread. Meanwhile, I've been mashing F5 since this poo poo kicked off.

I don't really know where to begin, other than to say I'm so goddamn sorry for the reprehensible poo poo I did. My time with goonfleet is as filled with good memories and times as it is with regrets. A lot of regrets over things I did. If some of you still hate me, I understand there really isn't much I can do to make up for what I did, and that apologies coming from me probably don't mean much to you. It's deserved.

The past week in this thread has made me run the gamut of emotions, including extreme anxiety over knowing that me posting here could end my tenure on the only forum that ever felt like home to me online. Right now, my heart is racing, and thoughts of, "You're going to end up permabanned," are at the forefront of my mind. There is a mountain of "not a good look" skeletons in my closet.

I would like to set the record straight on a couple of things. I don't know if this will give anyone any insight or closure, but I feel the need to do it.

Earlier in the thread, deadtear and FNLN brought up some events surrounding eronarn, kirtaner, and myself. I felt nothing but shame when this was brought up, but still refrained from posting and that has weighed on me heavily.

Eronarn was not the person who defaced the monument, that was me. And when it comes to that event, I hope I suffer more sleepless nights than the three goons I threw under the bus while I flew out of the country. My chance to make amends to them passed around the moment I threw them under the bus and put them through (from what has been relayed to me) a very hellish experience. These were three people who thought I was their friend, and when the moment came for me to fess up and make good, I poo poo on them and then made good from relative safety and basically got away with it aside from paying to replace the tile and donating like $1500 to a youth camp CCP picked.

When I arrived at Fanfest 2014, I was already pretty burned out on the game, and had unsubbed most of my accounts. I actually only went because I had already bought the ticket and paid for the flight and deposit for the airbnb. This meant the ban, which was only 6 months, not lifetime, meant very little to me, and nobody seemed to care about deadtear constantly calling me out over it. I moved on to other games still under the Imperium banner and found myself in a leadership position in WoL playing MechWarrior Online with a bunch of folks who I fully expect have a much worse opinion of me than I them, considering that I was kicked out after calling Obama the n-word. Eventually I just sorta became a jabber denizen and left jabber after getting tired of arguing with koreamax.

I was also intensely lovely to a transgender member of sigma and my heart breaks thinking about it. I unfairly lashed out at a lot of people because of my own pain and I'm sorry.

I have a lot of sleepless nights over this poo poo. I really wish I could make up for it, but it really feels like I can't do more than offer words. :smith:

As for the non-EVE but still bad poo poo...

Coming up with 420chan is, without a doubt, the biggest single regret of my life. That dominos meme of lowtax banning LF leading to Trump being elected, I feel like I, or at least 420chan, was one of the dominos. We definitely had a lot of pedophiles on the site in the early days before the invasion and hacker bullshit, and at times it felt like I was the only person who was trying to keep them away, the /pedo/ board and #pedo irc channel were very real, and I trolled both relentlessly (along with another goon who is suffering from severe mental health struggles so I'll leave his name out) until they left to start 12chan. I never reported a single one of them to the authorities though, because at the time I did not care so much about what they did so long as it was not on my website. Years later, kirt I knew what he was permabanned from here for, and even now I still do not believe that he is a pedophile, though I do think his discord is grooming children (to commit computer crime). I don't associate with him at all anymore, and at the time of this post, 420chan has been offline for about a week, hopefully never to return.

Another thing that was actually very hard for me to read about was the mention of the foursome at the anime convention. Myself, kirt, eronarn, and I think one of the other participants in the foursome, were allowed to crash in someone else's hotel room for the night. I slept on a chair with my bag on the floor next to me, with a bunch of benzos (mainly ativan), and kirt had some amphetamines of some sort (i never found out which) he'd scored along with some mdma. At some point in the night, kirt stole the benzos out of my bag and attempted to intentionally OD on the amphetamines and the benzos, as his girlfriend had just broken up with him, he'd gotten a pity gently caress from another woman, and I assume wanted to die. Anyways, this led to him being not even remotely cognizant of his surroundings or what was going on, and he passed out on the bed with eronarn and the other two. I woke up a few hours later, grabbed my bag, and scooted into the washroom to have a shower because everyone else seemed to be still asleep.

Kirtaner would barely classify as conscious during all of this, the foursome was actually him being sexually assaulted by eronarn and two other men. The only thing I am willing to defend him on is this, he was an unwilling participant and Eronarn assaulted him, and I loving saw it happen. I did nothing about it though, I didn't know kirt wasn't conscious until hours later when frantically searching for the missing benzos and then got caught up in the fact my best friend had intentionally tried to OD rather than that he'd been raped by three men.

Kirtaner was my best friend for a long time (after he was permabanned from here), and we started and ran 420chan together. We had a falling out around the time Chanology was in full swing over the way the site was being run: he wasn't moderating and was using me as a money faucet. We reconnected years later and he got me a job and I was best man at his wedding, to the woman he'd been with for 12 years. We had another falling out around the time he started doing all the "I'm the Founder of Anonymous," and vice news article poo poo. He's gone completely off the deep end and self-medicates with meth. On the other hand, it's very striking to me how much he and mittani act the same, not from the "tweaked out maniac" perspective, but the narcissistic sociopath perspective. Mittani is like Kirtaner if he'd grown up with rich lawyer parents instead of a poor and abusive broken home and vice versa. I think having met both in person is why I see it like that. The parallels are uncanny to me, and I can't help but really feel like I have the absolute loving worst judgement for friends.

gently caress, that feels like a load off but I'm still shaking. Once again, I'm so loving sorry.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

:staredog:

If you think that's bad, a log just got posted of someone confessing to murder and illegally entering Iran to extirpate someone.

:allbuttons:

loving goons I swear to god.

Madcows I'm sparking one up in your honor. :okpos:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wait what the gently caress

we all slept on this post what the gently caress

Infiltrating Iran, questionable activities around children, doing benghazi, military contacts

Holy poo poo Glenn Beck was right about us being CIA.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Where's this post about Iran?

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Its nice that I never had to play EVE but still get to live the consequences of Goons thinking too highly of themselves

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Necros posted:

come on now marxalot. did you? did you really not think that? :kiddo:

On further thought (about 10 seconds) it does not surprise me that Weird Goon Obsessed Fucker From CAOD (COAD? idr) Xenuria turned out to be perma'd from facepunch for libertarian tendencies.

But still. Goddamn

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
i have information that will lead to the arrest of hillary clinton

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Hey this is a very good time for someone who still has access to repost the Digi thread where he talked about how GSF directors need to protect themselves by stashing katanas around their house and never taking the same route home

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Marxalot posted:

Infiltrating Iran, questionable activities around children, doing benghazi, military contacts

Hi marx

How’s the hole squad discord

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

Seconded. I need to read about this crap

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

has been upgraded to

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Marxalot posted:

Hey this is a very good time for someone who still has access to repost the Digi thread where he talked about how GSF directors need to protect themselves by stashing katanas around their house and never taking the same route home

The katanas detail takes this from "you're not that important, dumb poo poo" to "yes, do it you weeb idiot"

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Zodium posted:

deadtear will be CEO.

Inshallah

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
This uh this is certainly a thread.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Marxalot posted:

murderous misogynist online rapist pedophile game

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Frank Frank posted:

Venally speaking

How blunt of you

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Marxalot posted:

The best thing ever done was someone dragging that thread from Illum into SpaceGBS.

It’s when I figured out most of our directors had brain worms the size of my pinky burrowing around in there.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm wondering if those mushrooms in the burger I cooked weren't legit

This is too much, night all

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Potato Salad posted:

I'm wondering if those mushrooms in the burger I cooked weren't legit

This is too much, night all

rest well

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Hi marx

How’s the hole squad discord

The dangerous schismatics have mostly descended into playing runescape and anime vr games. Otherwise, our 5 year plan to topple GSF after getting kicked out by some middle manager nerd with an ego problem was finally successful.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The best thing ever done was someone dragging that thread from Illum into SpaceGBS.

It’s when I figured out most of our directors had brain worms the size of my pinky burrowing around in there.

It really was. And in defense of digi (lmfao, just lmao) I think his actual advice was to keep a gun on you, and later in the thread one of the other directors was the one seriously talking about a home defense broadsword.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

rude

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This post is a message... and part of a system of messages... pay attention to it!

Sending this post was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This thread is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular community... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Marxalot posted:

The dangerous schismatics have mostly descended into playing runescape and anime vr games. Otherwise, our 5 year plan to topple GSF after getting kicked out by some middle manager nerd with an ego problem was finally successful.

It really was. And in defense of digi (lmfao, just lmao) I think his actual advice was to keep a gun on you, and later in the thread one of the other directors was the one seriously talking about a home defense broadsword.

that was kismeteer im pretty sure, the one who had the defense sword

booya VVV

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Marxalot posted:

gonzo if you see this please for the love of god share your sword story, the world needs to hear it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Solus posted:

Sending this post was important to us. We considered ourselves to be good posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I am a problematic poster that needs to be removed from Goonswarm or

:3::3::3::3:

FYI I went digging a bit and found that I guess you got banned for these three posts... and nothing to do with Reddit.

I don't think these are ban worthy posts, but I was unable to convince anyone to unban you either. I did try though. From what I can tell, the ban pattern tended to be "get into a slapfight with a person, overgeneralize to an entire group, eat a ban." I don't think your posts were anything exceptional or out of line in that regard, especially given the vitriol pervasive in that thread. I mean, you aren't even in Delta Sqad, which... well... there's irony there.

There's some people in illum that are going through some things right now. Nowhere close to what's went down in this thread over the past few hours but they are radically misinterpreting some posts because their emotional lense right now is not great. It's been a long day. I have an idea for a blast from the past funny. Maybe it will land, maybe not.

I do promise I will continue to try to get you unbanned because I don't think these posts are that bad.