Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

hey if you wanna have swords have swords, but lol lmao if you're hiding self-defense swords around your house because you're paranoid about internet spaceships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
You know the couple times I tried to join EVE goons and then bailed shortly after both times cause man people said a lot of slurs I thought that was pretty not great. Clearly that was a gross overreaction on my part. :staredog:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Solus posted:

This post is a message... and part of a system of messages... pay attention to it!

Sending this post was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This thread is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular community... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wait what the gently caress

we all slept on this post what the gently caress

The poster in question is an army vet who did tours in iraq.

He was being "funny" when someone asked if any more heinous poo poo was going to get unburied.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Quezacotl posted:

welp, looks like its time for the lobby crew to return and guide goonfleet to its final resting place, the dustbin in the station in the only named system in syndicate, shame i can't remember what it is

Lobby crew only works on teamspeak mumble killed that more decisively than mittanis threats did

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Here is a declassified intelligence brief from a former counter intel officer in Goonswarm Federation.

You are welcome.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

MRC48B posted:

The poster in question is an army vet who did tours in iraq.

He was being "funny" when someone asked if any more heinous poo poo was going to get unburied.

aw

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pretty sure ravenholm didn't harbour rapists and pedophiles.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Reading everything i'm so glad 99% of my time in GSF was spent hanging out in the rear end in a top hat Squad SIG (Aussie/Kiwi/Oceanic timezone SIG). We had our own inside jokes and larrikinism (like wishing our SIG leader happy birthday every single day for 4 years straight)- But we all practically knew each other and met each other IRL many times over at Aussie meetups which toned town the bullshittery. Add the fact that as a tiny timezone everyone practically knew each other, goon and non goon, the whole timezone was just a merry bunch with different coloured space flags and beer pints. It seems my sheltered rear end dodged several bullets back in the day. Sure there was the odd bit of drama, but it was mostly a 2IC burning out and throwing the reins to the next volunteer.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
LMAO thanks Atrum, I forgot how much I love that thread.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

andromache posted:

Here is a declassified intelligence brief from a former counter intel officer in Goonswarm Federation.

You are welcome.

Hell yes.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

andromache posted:

There's some people in illum that are going through some things right now. Nowhere close to what's went down in this thread over the past few hours but they are radically misinterpreting some posts because their emotional lense right now is not great. It's been a long day. I have an idea for a blast from the past funny. Maybe it will land, maybe not.

I do promise I will continue to try to get you unbanned because I don't think these posts are that bad.

Most have been radio silent publicly, I figured it was a combination of still processing what’s happened and not wanting to pour more gasoline on the fire. Still, there has been at least 1 trying to gaslight everyone in the q+a thread who were trying to be constructive and that’s not really cool of them. I really haven’t seen anyone in the thread (other than you) trying to squash this anger towards everyone in Waffe

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

andromache posted:

You are welcome.

im sighing as i draw my hanzo steel

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

quote:

most of you are goons though which means you have hanzo steel handy

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

spazzhole posted:

Most have been radio silent publicly, I figured it was a combination of still processing what’s happened and not wanting to pour more gasoline on the fire. Still, there has been at least 1 trying to gaslight everyone in the q+a thread who were trying to be constructive and that’s not really cool of them. I really haven’t seen anyone in the thread (other than you) trying to squash this anger towards everyone in Waffe

Merkelchen had some really good posts in the Q&A thread that calmed a lot of people down. Aritzia had a good post too which a couple of the aforementioned processing people drastically misread. Then I had to spend like 15 minutes trying to explain, but they aren't really in the mood to listen either. It's dumb. A lot of people have already like picked a hill and thrown themselves on a sword.

Griz
May 21, 2001

has Mittani been banned from the forum and services yet?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Griz posted:

has Mittani been banned from the forum and services yet?

They can't ban or officially disavow him, that would destabilize the organization, which is the opposite of what any people with the power to ban or officially disavow him are trying to do.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty sure ravenholm didn't harbour rapists and pedophiles.

The one human NPC you meet is a catholic priest

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

:vince:

Haven't played hl2 in like 10 years and completely forgot this. :rubby:

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lmfao

DeffDredd
Jun 2, 2013

If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it?
When I got kicked from Bat Country in 2013 I was kinda devastated. I had no idea what to do next and the idea of not talking to people (I thought) were my friends again was painful. But now? I'm so loving glad I'm not part of that cesspit. No one is free of guilt, but man does the pile the Groomswarm is built on looks like a mountain right now.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

since gf is basically collapsing right now I have kramered into this thread to say that i was selling goon fleet comms and pos passwords for years. also mittani still owes me 1.6 bil isk for articles i wrote for his lovely cash-in news website. currently winning eve so please make that out in whatever the isk-usd ratio is nowadays

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

andromache posted:

Merkelchen had some really good posts in the Q&A thread that calmed a lot of people down. Aritzia had a good post too which a couple of the aforementioned processing people drastically misread. Then I had to spend like 15 minutes trying to explain, but they aren't really in the mood to listen either. It's dumb. A lot of people have already like picked a hill and thrown themselves on a sword.

If they don't ban Mittani, he's still running things - period

DeffDredd
Jun 2, 2013

If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it?

Triggerhappypilot posted:

since gf is basically collapsing right now I have kramered into this thread to say that i was selling goon fleet comms and pos passwords for years. also mittani still owes me 1.6 bil isk for articles i wrote for his lovely cash-in news website. currently winning eve so please make that out in whatever the isk-usd ratio is nowadays

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary

thats uh, 7 dollars and some change.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

drilldo squirt posted:

Makes me glad I joined the greater goon instead.

someone mentioned groon being slur city or something, like over a decade ago from what i remember it wasn't but who knows man this day is loving weird

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Elusif II posted:

treason pays well

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Lmfao

please tell me they got you at least a couple plex a month for it

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Elusif II posted:

The one time I bought isk was from you. I remember that you got new shoes or something with the money, then CCP took the isk back and I was negative a lot of isk. I would like to request that you send me the shoes. Thank you.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Marxalot posted:

Lmfao

please tell me they got you at least a couple plex a month for it

you loving wish the rate was that high

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary

mpaarating posted:

The one time I bought isk was from you. I remember that you got new shoes or something with the money, then CCP took the isk back and I was negative a lot of isk. I would like to request that you send me the shoes. Thank you.

my cat ate them

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

If they don't ban Mittani, he's still running things - period

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

welp, we thought gooseflock speed ran eve in the toilet game but its been almost 2 years and no ones murdered or sexually assaulted anyone so i guess that's a bright spot in this hell week

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Elusif II posted:

my cat ate them

Give me the cat.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

opening up the closet doors and it turns out narnia's been crammed full of skeletons. the skeletons start pouring out. they don't stop pouring out. jesus christ how are there so many skeletons in that closet

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

andromache posted:

FYI I went digging a bit and found that I guess you got banned for these three posts... and nothing to do with Reddit.

I don't think these are ban worthy posts, but I was unable to convince anyone to unban you either. I did try though. From what I can tell, the ban pattern tended to be "get into a slapfight with a person, overgeneralize to an entire group, eat a ban." I don't think your posts were anything exceptional or out of line in that regard, especially given the vitriol pervasive in that thread. I mean, you aren't even in Delta Sqad, which... well... there's irony there.

There's some people in illum that are going through some things right now. Nowhere close to what's went down in this thread over the past few hours but they are radically misinterpreting some posts because their emotional lense right now is not great. It's been a long day. I have an idea for a blast from the past funny. Maybe it will land, maybe not.

I do promise I will continue to try to get you unbanned because I don't think these posts are that bad.

dude

you're working with pedo island gang now

throw your hands up and fuckin' walk away

it's not worth saving.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

one thing i didnt really expect was that lengthy apology from tishu tbh

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

esto es malo posted:

one thing i didnt really expect was that lengthy apology from tishu tbh

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

Also Asher i was the one who helped that Test Titan get away in querious that one time in 2014. i had an ECM burst fitted to my ishtar