Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

It is up! And it is about the Edge/Lita live sex celebration raw which is sure to be quite the time capsule.

Absolutely bonkers patron names. Dpw fans are hosed little fuckers. Funny show as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
drat listening to Monday Night Wars b&v and it's shocking how quickly it goes from no mention of covid to "we aren't reviewing the shows because we can't be in the same room any more."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Val Venis, get out of our company! Leave our show, Val Venis!!!

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Sound on

https://i.imgur.com/wVLcWKC.mp4

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

projecthalaxy posted:

It is up! And it is about the Edge/Lita live sex celebration raw which is sure to be quite the time capsule.

I'll be honest, this episode was way more relevant to Current Vince Mcmahon Events than I was expecting. It's a good reminder that enough people always knew that Vince was a gross weirdo to make jokes about it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

projecthalaxy posted:

Val Venis was in WWE for like 12 years lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I like pulse being real angry about this despite him not watching WWE at the time.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/honeydewwilkins/status/1547652847675723778

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

The second clip talking about Mancow is even better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Audio Nightmare did their annual G1 MATH!TM show and though they locked in their choices as unchangeable this year, there was still that moment of increasing panic as they get near the end and realize the absolute clusterfuck they've created for the final nights of each block :allears:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Oh and because the board loving sucks, can anyone link to the thread of voting for best limerick? I was a finalist and more curious on who won than I should be - I don't think it was announced on any of the B&V shows.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Big Audio Nightmare did their annual G1 MATH!TM show and though they locked in their choices as unchangeable this year, there was still that moment of increasing panic as they get near the end and realize the absolute clusterfuck they've created for the final nights of each block :allears:

I love that years ago they realised the logical way, and then kept on doing it the stupid way for better audio :allears:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The pause, sigh, and knowing look before Vinny talks about Lash/Indi.

e: "Indi. Cannot. Waa-allk."

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 15, 2022

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I love that years ago they realised the logical way, and then kept on doing it the stupid way for better audio :allears:

Heh, I was gonna point out that the way I do it is figure out who the winner in each block should be and work backwards from the block final (and I assume that's how Gedo et al actually book it) but then figured that, yeah, they probably know and are doing it wrong for the content.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

new noise discovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcLedxx75fI&t=828s

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

you see his neck just go :honk: and

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats a good noise, a really good noise

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I did not expect that noise

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Scientists were able to mimic Bryan Alvarez's voice by recreating his mouth and vocal cords with a 3D printer. It allowed them to produce a single sound.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Watching the scene in Contact where young Ellie finds her dad dead and hearing the new noise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happiness posted:

Scientists were able to mimic Bryan Alvarez's voice by recreating his mouth and vocal cords with a 3D printer. It allowed them to produce a single sound.

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Happiness posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Happiness posted:

lol

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

History Comes Inside! posted:

loving Christ Sempervive is on particularly irritating form on WOL

Needs to go away

are you ready to hear an annoying whiny voice explain absolutely nothing for 15 minutes? mike sempervive up next

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happiness posted:

MassRafTer posted:

Watching the scene in Contact where young Ellie finds her dad dead and hearing the new noise.

Goddammit :xd:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Happiness posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1548361891109408777?t=fyQPkVV6hjj0A8ysAn_GuA&s=19

Dave contempt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave stays winning

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
At the risk of saying something that belongs in the Corn-hole, it's also bizarre because like... his one note for Mox is 'he went out to the floor' as if guys like Hansen, Brody and Funk never did that.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

he needed a new hot take to fire up his dwindling gaggle of weird sycophants

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gaz-L posted:

At the risk of saying something that belongs in the Corn-hole, it's also bizarre because like... his one note for Mox is 'he went out to the floor' as if guys like Hansen, Brody and Funk never did that.

Cornette came from the era of wrestling where it was a DQ if you threw someone over the top rope so of course he sees it as something only an outlaw mudshow would do

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
lol Jon Moxley is someone who would absolutely thrive in the brawler filled 'real tough guy' aesthetics of the era Cornette is trying to lionize

Gave the game away too hard with that one, pure trolling

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dave stays winning

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

lol Jon Moxley is someone who would absolutely thrive in the brawler filled 'real tough guy' aesthetics of the era Cornette is trying to lionize

Gave the game away too hard with that one, pure trolling

Yeah cornette and russo are pretty blatant about having pivoted fully into harvesting hateclicks, imo

The only thing that matters these days to them is staying relevant to juice their brand and get more attention

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
If I'm only going to listen to one or two wrestling podcasts, which ones should they be?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

leekster posted:

If I'm only going to listen to one or two wrestling podcasts, which ones should they be?

The WON Flagship is a solid all round wrestling news catch-up, and Bryan And Vinny is usually a good laugh.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

leekster posted:

Depends what you are interested in. I'd recommend Between The Sheets if you have an interest in the history of wrestling as viewed through the dirtsheets. It also works for one wrestling podcast because you won't have any time for any others. It's long, even if you skip the "half-time" segment. It's "this week in year X", so this week it's 2005, July 12-19.

Their Patreon episodes are also really good, they go through the sheets on a specific topic, like the dying days of WCW or about Global Wrestling Federation or the current short series on McMahon & the Titangate scandal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

leekster posted:

WOR

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If you want tightly paced, structured wrestling news catch-up, the Flagship is for you. If you love the sound of papers shuffling, Observer Radio is your pick.

To be clear I love the sound of papers shuffling, which is why I listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

An exhausted mid-40s father of two toddlers up at 3am listening to a 60+ year old muscle man living in a wastepaper basket explain what happened on the undercard of a C League MMA event that has nothing to do with professional wrestling.

In other words, audio perfection.