Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i watched it in a packed theater nd it was deaf silent the whole time except one dude who cheered alone every time thorin came on screen

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i watched it in a packed theater nd it was deaf silent the whole time except one dude who cheered alone every time thorin came on screen

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Like in the LOTR trilogy they used lots of real sets, location shots, miniatures and practical effects enhanced by CGI. In the Hobbit everything is a green screen nightmare and it looks like poo poo. Peter Jackson what were you thinking!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can never rewatch LOTR because I have an intense unrelenting hatred of Gollum.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MEESSA hobbitses, potatoes precious! Filthy fat hobitses, eating potatoes cooked?! We likes it Raw!!! *grown man crawling around in pingpong ball suit for 400 hours*

Everyone in the world: Wow. His Performance is second to none. It's not an exact copy of Jar Jar Binks.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Like in the LOTR trilogy they used lots of real sets, location shots, miniatures and practical effects enhanced by CGI. In the Hobbit everything is a green screen nightmare and it looks like poo poo. Peter Jackson what were you thinking!!!

Probably something like "drat, they'll pay me a million dollars and only need to do like a third of the work. Life's good"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can never rewatch LOTR because I have an intense unrelenting hatred of Gollum.

yea same. and I love Andy Serkis in everything else

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

MEESSA hobbitses, potatoes precious! Filthy fat hobitses, eating potatoes cooked?! We likes it Raw!!! *grown man crawling around in pingpong ball suit for 400 hours*

Everyone in the world: Wow. His Performance is second to none. It's not an exact copy of Jar Jar Binks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just smash his rotten gourd skull against a rock. Instantly 400x easier journey

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love gollum

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmfao dude, but for real. Chris Kattan would've done all three LOTR movies as Gollum for a 40 dollar Outback Steakhouse giftcard

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Am I insane or was Jar Jar basically prototyped in that old Guyver live action movie?

I swear one of the Zoanoids had the exact same personality

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5_Qcrzd1Q&t=50s

Everyone the World Ever: *wipes tear* My god. He really became Gollum there. Fair play. Bravo, Gollum.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I stopped playing that game the second they introduced Gollum even though I was enjoying it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress Gollum.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I stopped playing that game the second they introduced Gollum even though I was enjoying it

That’s not Shadow of Mordor, it’s Gollum. The upcoming video game all about Gollum.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

gamers just can't get enough gollum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That’s not Shadow of Mordor, it’s Gollum. The upcoming video game all about Gollum.

Lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Vadun posted:

Am I insane or was Jar Jar basically prototyped in that old Guyver live action movie?

I swear one of the Zoanoids had the exact same personality

Oh for sure

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU8nBIn0bH8

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5_Qcrzd1Q&t=50s

Everyone the World Ever: *wipes tear* My god. He really became Gollum there. Fair play. Bravo, Gollum.

lmao forgot about this character. thank you kattan

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress Gollum.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sub-Actuality posted:

gamers just can't get enough gollum

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Putting Synthy on a Saw like explosive collar trap that will explode if he stops playing the Gollum solo game that's coming later this year

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I should have taken pics of the cosplays at the anime con I went bc I saw two dollar bin demifiends and one of them was a black teen with red hair lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I should have taken pics of the cosplays at the anime con I went bc I saw two dollar bin demifiends and one of them was a black teen with red hair lol

I took some pics of you. I saw when your huge styrofoam beaver tail got stepped on by a top tier Kefka and snapped clean in half lmfao. I saw when your dread locks got tangled up in a rickshaw wheel. I got pics of all of it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I took some pics of you. I saw when your huge styrofoam beaver tail got stepped on by a top tier Kefka and snapped clean in half lmfao. I saw when your dread locks got tangled up in a rickshaw wheel. I got pics of all of it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ey oddtaxi kicks rear end, its basically a yakuza movie starring animals. really good poo poo. also wont put me in an existential coma for a week like sonny boy did

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ey oddtaxi kicks rear end, its basically a yakuza movie starring animals. really good poo poo. also wont put me in an existential coma for a week like sonny boy did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI_cLtW3PnA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I watched the entire trilogy in an 11 hour flight once and by the end I was gritting my teeth and writhing in my chair, silently screaming for the dwarves to die.

you were jealous of sexy thorin and his toned body