Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Thanks Ants posted:

What is the Williams of headphones?

I'd say skullcandy, anytime I got a pair of those earbuds they would last exactly 1 month before they broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

1More is the Haas of headphones.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Are there earbuds that aren’t trash for talking on the phone? I’ve tried the WF xm4 and the iPod pro.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Arc Hammer posted:

Considering you see Crypto sponsorship all over F1 has the current market crash for Crypto made any rumblings in the sport?

F1 sponsors turning out to be fake, or scams, or evil is a pretty regular thing. By now teams know to just make sure they’re not liable for anything and ask for the money up front.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

builds character posted:

Are there earbuds that aren’t trash for talking on the phone? I’ve tried the WF xm4 and the iPod pro.

My Beats Fit Pro are pretty good but honestly nothing is going to compare to wired earbuds when it comes to talking.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tsaedje posted:

Banks/Rutherford were the real talents in Genesis

I would like to get your thoughts on Calling All Stations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Lol at discussion of your wireless “quality” headphones, just lol if your headphones aren’t open back and plugged into an amp which is connected to a dac which is playing flac files.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Russian Bear posted:

Lol at discussion of your wireless “quality” headphones, just lol if your headphones aren’t open back and plugged into an amp which is connected to a dac which is playing flac files.

This but unironically

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Who said I was being ironic.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Russian Bear posted:

just listen to live music you nerd

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I need to buy open back cans. What’s the correct answer?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm sorry your crippling autism prevents you from listening to bluetooth audio but for me most high quality wireless noise cancelling bluetooth speakers sound as good as if not better than every wired solution I've tried so why the gently caress would I make the process of listening to music/television more expensive and tedious to satisfy some nerds on the internet lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

why would I want to listen to anything other than the voices in my head that tell me to watch the 2022 Formula 1 season and post in this thread?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Having "open back" headphones is code for you live in the middle of butt gently caress nowhere with zero outside noise concerns with nothing to do but obsess over poo poo like the impact the gauge of your headphone cable has on your audio quality as opposed to just wanting to enjoy some loving jams on a Saturday night with the rest of the normal people

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

italian quid posted:

Having "open back" headphones is code for you live in the middle of butt gently caress nowhere with zero outside noise concerns with nothing to do but obsess over poo poo like the impact the gauge of your headphone cable has on your audio quality as opposed to just wanting to enjoy some loving jams on a Saturday night with the rest of the normal people

I bet every person who has open backs also has several pairs of BT headphones. Use case and place matter. No reason not to have both for every kind of occasion if you like.

Also where the gently caress do you live where you don’t have a quiet room in your apartment/house to use an open back. Although if you have lots of room and money, it’s probably better to get a good speaker set up.

Edit: holy poo poo motogp and f1 summer break is the worst, who do we lobby to make this illegal. At least there’s World Cup mountain bike racing this weekend and maybe the tour stages will be as exciting as stage 11.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 17, 2022

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gonna be going to buy a quarter beef this weekend but they're offering to dry age stuff, what do yall think about dry aged steak versus fresh and also wagyu vs kobe steak

save the cast iron recommendations, I'll be grilling most of it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Edward Mass posted:

I would like to get your thoughts on Calling All Stations.

There's a couple of pretty ok songs and a lot of weak ones, but it would have been much better received if it wasn't 1997 and if they'd chosen a different band name for the project. The fact that they have pretty much scrubbed it from history shows that they know it wasn't their best effort.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
jeezus christ
phil collins, genesis and audiophile chat - just when you thought this thread couldn’t get any worse

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Against all odds is a solid banger, which is more than can be said for the film it was written for.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ROFLBOT posted:

jeezus christ
phil collins, genesis and audiophile chat - just when you thought this thread couldn’t get any worse

It isn’t even the summer break; this thread has barely scratched the surface.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Man I’m a little annoyed the manager game is dropping at the end of summer break instead of the beginning

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sab0921 posted:

Remember when McLaren released the team fleshlight.

Yeah but then he went to Formula E and did ok.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Grado statement series

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Russian Bear posted:

I think they make bluetooth headphones that can switch to wired when the battery runs out, best of both worlds, problem solved

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dudley posted:

Yeah but then he went to Formula E and did ok.

Does anybody really do OK in Formula E?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za9c0g1p7uI

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Given we've just called him a fleshlight I think you'll find what happened to him yesterday was textbook.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I used an iron skillet to make some fish and thought where else to share this but the F1 thread on the something awful forums

blunt posted:

As far as I can tell it seems more like in the beta testing phase atm

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

That crash is F1 levels of bad camerawork, every fuckin' angle except an overhead shot that would give a clear view of what happened.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Probably because they couldn’t mount a camera up there because every E race track is in a mafia owned industrial landfill parking lot

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Probably because they couldn’t mount a camera up there because every E race track is in a mafia owned industrial landfill parking lot

Always makes me lol how Formula E is global racing series that gets to race in renowned cities such as Paris, Rome and New York. Except it's always a 3rd rate industrial park 30km from the city centre.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Happy to see people itt listening to their equipment first and foremost instead of listening to the actual music. :hmmyes:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Nowher posted:

Always makes me lol how Formula E is global racing series that gets to race in renowned cities such as Paris, Rome and New York. Except it's always a 3rd rate industrial park 30km from the city centre.

Let me assure you that the spot in red hook this weekend is, both spiritually and in terms of transport time and ease of getting there, much further than 30km away from city center.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nowher posted:

Happy to see people itt listening to their equipment first and foremost instead of listening to the actual music. :hmmyes:

I just listen to The Chain on repeat

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

screw headphones, I have some old as hell Sony AV receiver and 5.1 speakers with a subwoofer the size and weight of an old CRT tv and it rules.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Nowher posted:

It happens in the middle of Berlin in one of the most iconic spaces of the city op. Not that I think this is good mind you

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ROFLBOT posted:

jeezus christ

Nice meltdown

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I liked that one Phil Collins song

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

blunt posted:

Impressively poo poo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I liked that one Phil Collins song

Oh god no that one was awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Sennheiser HD6XX