Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I didn't like The Willoughbys at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked it a lot! i think it's my favorite animated film of Netflix's, although I have not seen Over the Moon, Wish Dragon, or America: The Motion Picture

there's still some cool poo poo on the way though. Wendell & Wild is by Jordan Peele and Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas), there's Del Toro's Pinocchio, AND a Cartoon Saloon movie. and all of that is later this year

e: but seriously there's just a large stockpile of animated films that Netflix has in their catalog that originally released internationally. Sahara, Gnome Alone, Animal Crackers, Duck Duck Goose, Arctic Dogs, Pets United, Firedrake the Silver Dragon, Riverdance: The Animated Feature, Bigfoot Family, Nezha, Xico's Journey, Summit of the Gods, Chickenhare & the Hamster of Darkness, Green Snake, Rabbit Academy, Extinct, Jungle Beat: The Movie. and that's just what I found on Wikipedia, I feel like there's far more than that lol. maybe there's some secret treasure in there but Netflix definitely values quantity more than quality

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 17, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://youtu.be/mzFm0-wauuw

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it came from the Shadows of the Empire novel as a way of explaining why there's Asian people in space instead of just describing them as looking like Asian people because it turns out Steve Perry is really kind of :yikes: when you get down to it and Shadows of the Empire was actually a really racist novel for its time.

Just tell me Mike Stackpole isn't weird.

(Aaron Allston, being dead, is beyond being weird)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa3pAcaIgFk Kenny Lauderdale made an interesting video about lost media recovery for anime.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really want Danny to watch Food Fight

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I feel like this got lost in the other star wars racism chat, but can we please take a moment to reflect on "like humans but with brown skin" and then burn Wookiepedia to the ground.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Is the word 'Human' even mentioned in the movies?

tracecomplete posted:

...aaaaaaand the one you're most likely to know of has a yellow lightsaber.

Meh, This is clearly the cooler yellow lightsaber anyway.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DeafNote posted:

3PO describes himself as being for "human-cyborg relations", Anakin mentions that he's the only human who can podrace.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Doctor Spaceman posted:

3PO describes himself as being for "human-cyborg relations", Anakin mentions that he's the only human who can podrace.

Humans are a species in Star Wars, there's just various races/nations/etc. throughout the galaxy. It's as much about where they're born as anything else, like in real life, and that's how you get Corellians, Coruscanti, Alderaanians, etc.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it came from the Shadows of the Empire novel as a way of explaining why there's Asian people in space instead of just describing them as looking like Asian people because it turns out Steve Perry is really kind of :yikes: when you get down to it and Shadows of the Empire was actually a really racist novel for its time.

The Falleen are like an entire race of the Exotic Oriental Except Lizards. It doesn't really hold up. I am glad that the franchise got away from 'every race is a job' that we get from the West End Games RPG and was also the main reference material for the longest time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is Earth mentioned in Star Wars, not counting like, Star Tours

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s a comic book where Indiana Jones finds the fossilized remains of Han Solo in a crashed Millennium Falcon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macaluso posted:

Is Earth mentioned in Star Wars, not counting like, Star Tours

Nope, because it's set in a galaxy far, far away! :eng101:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Fil5000 posted:

I feel like this got lost in the other star wars racism chat, but can we please take a moment to reflect on "like humans but with brown skin" and then burn Wookiepedia to the ground.

i cant stop laughing at how hosed up this is

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

There’s a comic book where Indiana Jones finds the fossilized remains of Han Solo in a crashed Millennium Falcon.

That comic is kinda cool.

On the other hand, I just remembered Alien Exodus. :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

fun hater posted:

i cant stop laughing at how hosed up this is

i didn't post the picture in the thread but for anyone who didn't click through to the article, they're literally just Inuit people

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Alaois posted:

i didn't post the picture in the thread but for anyone who didn't click through to the article, they're literally just Inuit people

[sees someone wearing mukluks] what manner of creature be this....?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Just the idea that the star wars universe doesn't have melanin.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

3PO also describes Luke as very clever "...for a human being". Han also, sarcastically, calls Jabba a "wonderful human being" in the cameo scene they shoved into the special edition of A New Hope. Though this is a remnant from the time when Jabba the Hutt was literally just a groady looking fat dude in a scuzzy fur pimp coat and not a 20 foot long slug thing. They just kept it in because they couldn't redub the scene so it looks like Han is just being weird as poo poo for a moment.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 17, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gonna add 'internet historian' to my yeet into space list for collabing with jontron

*waves hands around an orb* be free from my youuutuube recommendatiooooons

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

internet pisstorian

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

The 7th Guest posted:

gonna add 'internet historian' to my yeet into space list for collabing with jontron

IH dunks on JonTron pretty hard, or at least that's the impression I got.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 17, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

I seem to recall he has a long history of paling around with some fairly sketchy people and holding a lot of similarly questionable views on things himself, so him collaborating with JonTron in 20fucking22 is not the least bit surprising.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DeafNote posted:

Meh, This is clearly the cooler yellow lightsaber anyway.

I would happily watch Karen Fukuhara as a Jedi in more stuff. Maybe in more practical shoes, though.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

There are interesting bits of the old Expanded Universe books but but there was also so much Yikes.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Topical

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1548010447491649537

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Leslie Bestington has a fantastic deal, just for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xSJuoUnN8

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This has sent me down a WILD hole and I return learning that the story that's from has the Empire's censorship of music be a plot point and that quote is to Leia when she's captured by Jabba to convince her that he's not going to rape her. BOY the 90s EU was a crazy place.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yvonmukluk posted:

I would happily watch Karen Fukuhara as a Jedi in more stuff. Maybe in more practical shoes, though.

I wouldn't mind watching a Kino's Journey style story about this particular Jedi traveling across the galaxy during the Purge. I like her Lightsaber dao (Lightdao?).

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1548716924040646656

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had scorch. But slither was the best one Jenny

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Arc Hammer posted:

I wouldn't mind watching a Kino's Journey style story about this particular Jedi traveling across the galaxy during the Purge. I like her Lightsaber dao (Lightdao?).

Kipo's Journey, surely? :downsrim:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Solitair posted:

Drew Gooden and Kurtis Conner have both done videos in a similar vein. One that Kurtis did was absolutely ridiculous where the guy's entire advice was "find someone who is popular and then just literally steal their content down to name of video."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All the advice you need is how to tag your video, filim things in a decent quality and be the first to play the hot new video game coming out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jake Paul roadmap to success, get popular on Vine and then get a huge boost by being on a tween Disney Channel show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grondoth posted:

This has sent me down a WILD hole and I return learning that the story that's from has the Empire's censorship of music be a plot point and that quote is to Leia when she's captured by Jabba to convince her that he's not going to rape her. BOY the 90s EU was a crazy place.

It reached its peak when the two main writers (one of which was Karen "Talifans" Traviss) had an actual slap fight in the novels where both would try to mess up the other's plot threads. It's weird that they let that, ah, passage through as Lucasfilms was notoriously reticent on allowing people to mention the Devil's tango at all.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Solitair posted:

this goes some interesting places. liked the interviews with various youtubers about what it's like actually doing this stuff

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Solitair posted:

4:30 for the skit at the start to end btw. jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

fun hater posted:

4:30 for the skit at the start to end btw. jesus loving christ

One of the best things about SponsorBlock is that it tags things like "Filler Segment" and can give you the option to jump through them.