Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

lol

quote:

Nice setup. Gonna guess and say that's a Joybird couch?

It is! Great quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Lets see some posters.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

:nws:

:nws:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Today's delivery:

Orange Blood by Mt. Joy

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Boinks posted:

Lets see some posters.
Got a couple on the wall:

This one Residents one I'll spoiler, 'cause the longer you stare at it, the worse it gets :getin: :

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boxed and moved about 750 records today.

Took a few snapshots of some favs.

And Carlos in his younger days:

petit choux fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 14, 2022

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaaaan, the new reisue of Pharoah Sanders' Karma is gonna end up being $50 shipped, but I needs it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

caligulamprey posted:

Maaaaaaaaaan, the new reisue of Pharoah Sanders' Karma is gonna end up being $50 shipped, but I needs it.

I'm gonna be scooping one or two of his albums from LITA soon, assuming they're still in stock on Friday.

Playing countless hours of Sims 1 as a child has instilled a deep love for that type o' jazz for me.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

petit choux posted:

And RIP Carlos:

Jumping the gun? :ohdear: I heard he passed out on stage or something.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boinks posted:

Jumping the gun? :ohdear: I heard he passed out on stage or something.

OMG sorry, moving all these records and everything is a blur of fatigue RN. I must have misread or just misremembered. Imma edit the op

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Discovered a local online auction site just in time to snag these .... gems.

Also included were a couple kingston trio and Gladys Knight albums.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

spinst posted:

If any of y'all are lofi hip hop listeners, Chillhop Essentials just repressed their 2018 collections. 500 copies of each season are available.

Shipping is wild, but I went ahead and picked up all four seasons.

(Tip: if you fill your cart, do most of the check out process and then leave the website - they'll send you an email with a 10% off code! Helps offset those crazy shipping costs a little.)

Shipping was expensive, but god drat fast. Netherlands to WA in 3 days! Bonus cat foot.

Can't wait to listen to these tomorrow.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

petit choux posted:

OMG sorry, moving all these records and everything is a blur of fatigue RN. I must have misread or just misremembered. Imma edit the op

It's ok, probably just the Mandela effect.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

These are just the ones I knew I have off hand but I'm sure there are more. I also have the Beatles and John Lennon ones you've posted. Anyhow these are they:

Crass - Christ the Album

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

Devo - New Traditonalists.

Devo - New Traditionalists Seattle Live 1981

Sparks - A Steady Drip, Drip, Drip

Ezra Furman - Transangelic Exodus

Roxy Music - s/t (this one is where my user name came from!)

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure

The Velvet Underground mono box set

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies

T.Rex - Tanx

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

petit choux posted:

Jacket happy ending: Been having a Richie Havens album for years w/o a cover, found a cover w/ no album the other day

I think I might put some albums up for sale at SA Mart, I'll mark up the prices but you wont' be seeing any scalpers' prices. Not really for you record store veterans but maybe.

I got my own happy ending last night :heysexy:

My long-standing position of not owning Whipped Cream has finally come to an end. Thank you Boinks!! It was kinda trippy peeling off the shrink on the Richard Simmons record, it is only about 8 months younger than me. That plastic has been clinging to it nearly my entire life, yet it remains supple. Troubling.

Thank you again <3

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Devo - New Traditonalists.

I'm jealous, my copy doesn't have the poster :(

CPL593H posted:

Roxy Music - s/t (this one is where my user name came from!)

This is awesome, I only have this one on CD.

CPL593H posted:

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies

I have this too! I forgot to take a picture of it. I already had the album from my dad's collection and paid $20 a few years ago to get the poster and complete it. Totally worth it imo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I always check used copies of New Traditionalists for the poster and it’s never ever ever there.

Someone else should post their foldout of Mount Eerie’s No Flashlight, ‘cause I’m not gonna re-fold that fucker. :v:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

You cats and kitties familiar with Father John Misty?

ED:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

I'm jealous, my copy doesn't have the poster :(

This is awesome, I only have this one on CD.

I have this too! I forgot to take a picture of it. I already had the album from my dad's collection and paid $20 a few years ago to get the poster and complete it. Totally worth it imo.

caligulamprey posted:

I always check used copies of New Traditionalists for the poster and it’s never ever ever there.

Someone else should post their foldout of Mount Eerie’s No Flashlight, ‘cause I’m not gonna re-fold that fucker. :v:

Yeah I'm glad I got these things back when nobody gave a poo poo. I think I paid five bucks for Billion Dollar Babies and ten for New Traditionalists. The latter didn't have the 7" but I ended up getting one later because they're cheap and very easy to find.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
“J” for those still waiting:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

Got a couple on the wall:

nice PB poster, just preorded his collab album with sonic boom, been looking forward to it after all the tantalizing clips

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

one of my favorite albums and been looking for it on vinyl forever but $40 for a reissue wtf???

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Put it in me.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

one of my favorite albums and been looking for it on vinyl forever but $40 for a reissue wtf???

Most new releases (and I think reissues especially) have been a game of chicken to see how much labels can upcharge knowing full well that the hobby has gone stupid and people pay dumb prices for originals.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I would think Sleep fans would be fine with waiting entirely too long for something to come to a conclusion.

All joking aside (and this isn't actually a jab at Sleep) but man has the TMR Vault become an absolute joke.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Jack white should release uh…. Some exclusive Lizzo records next.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

I would think Sleep fans would be fine with waiting entirely too long for something to come to a conclusion.

Lemme tell you when they dropped The Sciences a couple years back on 4/20, I dragged myself out as soon as record stores opened in the morning expecting it to be a piece of cake, but that poo poo was sold out immediately because Sleep fans commit. To. The. Bit. :getin:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I had a new mix in the can before covid whupped my rear end. Which is good because this has been five days of real suck and I haven't been able to do poo poo. If you wanna listen it just dropped over here...
https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-35/

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sporklift posted:

I had a new mix in the can before covid whupped my rear end. Which is good because this has been five days of real suck and I haven't been able to do poo poo. If you wanna listen it just dropped over here...
https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-35/

Get better real soon, I've DL'd it and will be listening at the gym, as usual. Or now that I have a lawn, while mowing the loving lawn.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

dorium posted:

Jack white should release uh…. Some exclusive Lizzo records next.

What I'd like to know is why he's never reissued the Upholsterers EP. That's exactly the kind of thing the Vault was started for but we're ever a decade in and that's still never made an appearance. Or even just on the regular label (which I'd prefer anyway). Are the tapes lost?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

petit choux posted:

You cats and kitties familiar with Father John Misty?

ED:

Album bangs. One of the first I ever bought and I’ve drat near worn it out.

Wanted to post something pretty so here you go:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

petit choux posted:

Get better real soon, I've DL'd it and will be listening at the gym, as usual. Or now that I have a lawn, while mowing the loving lawn.

Thanks for the support! Hopefully there will be some vinyls waiting for me at work ... SLEEP? NUMERO STUFF? Other preorders I forgot about? Dunno. I do know July was a big month for me.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sleep this dopesmoker that, lmk when om reissues advaitic songs

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

sleep this dopesmoker that, lmk when om reissues advaitic songs
This is my cat's favorite album. When I had my record player in the living room and put it on he'd plop down right in front of a speaker and zone out the entire time while I scratched his chin. :gerty:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

PoorPeteBest posted:

“J” for those still waiting:

I'm "P" and I got mine yesterday.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm a J and haven't seen poo poo. Might be time to email some folks. :|

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I'm a J and haven't seen poo poo. Might be time to email some folks. :|

Sometimes they go Z-A.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Sometimes they go Z-A.
Sometimes they can K my A. Give me my Sleep records! :argh:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Finally got this one back from my trip to Bend, yall like sweet harmonies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuH43-ceKJ4

And I'll post this sweet find my friends just picked up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

Finally got this one back from my trip to Bend, yall like sweet harmonies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuH43-ceKJ4
Fred Frith on the guitar IIRC.

quote:

And I'll post this sweet find my friends just picked up:

What in the hell is that?!?