Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah that's a good one. Junk Drawer usually is.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"I just couldn't tell her the truth...that she did deserve it!"

The Phantom

I gotta say, Phantom is making a lot of sense here.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

She's gonna wreck.

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I bet on old lady being dead at home, but I will take old lady repeats the dumb idea and wrecks the car.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hostile V posted:

Life On The Outside Ain't What It Used To Be

Of all this man's continual misunderstanding of genetics, this specific strip of all things is probably the one that makes me angriest because it isn't even wrong for the sake of a stupid 'science is magic' whacky gag, it's just flat-out false. They're loving mammals! Monotreme mammals! They are as much a bird or a reptile as a gibbon is! A BEAK IS NOT A SIGN THAT YOU ARE RELATED TO BIRDS, JUST ASK A SQUID GODDAMNIT.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (July 20, 1975)

Mature Wit (July 17, 2022)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:golfclap:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Locher Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have never seen a toblerone in a vending machine. Is that a thing?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Tripping someone who is getting shot at seems like a pretty risky tactic.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

goatface posted:

I bet on old lady being dead at home, but I will take old lady repeats the dumb idea and wrecks the car.

Old lady reads the last two years of strips, learns that the writer is too chicken to kill anyone, realizes she is immortal and goes on a bank robbing spree.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise: The Head Girls

I'm amused that Gabriel apparently did this entire secretary assassin program just for another chance to kill get completely styled on by Blaise and Garvin.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Huh, I missed a day.

Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

"Breaking news! A dude in Antarctica saw half-naked woman, but nobody believes him"

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 17, 2022

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The kids these days are always on the Facebook, right?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I seriously doubt that someone the age of the daughter in Dustin would even be on Facebook, but I also doubt that the writer(s) of Dustin would have the first clue what anyone younger than 45 likes or does.

e: Just beaten! Oh well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

drat she ed ballsed herself

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Shugojin posted:

drat she ed ballsed herself
https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/999149383038971904

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Drakyn posted:

Mature Wit (July 17, 2022)

Wait just a second! That isn't a Ford logo! No no no, this is all wrong... :psyduck:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

--

Q-Rais Talks to Himself

--

And that's the end of Talks to Himself!

It's also pretty much all the Q-Rais I have - he does dailies (and Ghostlight shares the cat-themed ones), but TBH I'm not too keen on translating those because lots of them are just a lot more saccharine than my tastes run. I have some other comics I'm working through, but I sort of feel like I'm already pushing right up against the "newspaper comics" theme of the thread with the stuff I share - but if "four-panel daily comics published online and occasionally collected into print" are more or less on-target, there's one that's much better than its theme gives it any right to be about an aspiring idol who inadvertently adopts Literal Cthulhu as a pet. But I can see how that might be a bit "take it to ADTRW" for the thread.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

"Breaking news! A dude in Antarctica saw half-naked woman, but nobody believes him"

Based on what I've read about the sex, drugs & booze at some of the stations: not surprised.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

Based on what I've read about the sex, drugs & booze at some of the stations: not surprised.

I mean, what the gently caress else are you gonna do? I'm sure making snowmen gets old after a bit. :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Giant Ethicist posted:

It's also pretty much all the Q-Rais I have - he does dailies (and Ghostlight shares the cat-themed ones), but TBH I'm not too keen on translating those because lots of them are just a lot more saccharine than my tastes run. I have some other comics I'm working through, but I sort of feel like I'm already pushing right up against the "newspaper comics" theme of the thread with the stuff I share - but if "four-panel daily comics published online and occasionally collected into print" are more or less on-target, there's one that's much better than its theme gives it any right to be about an aspiring idol who inadvertently adopts Literal Cthulhu as a pet. But I can see how that might be a bit "take it to ADTRW" for the thread.

Nekonaughey on a banner brought me to this thread, I think anything Q-Rais makes is good for the thread.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Doomykins posted:

Nekonaughey on a banner brought me to this thread, I think anything Q-Rais makes is good for the thread.

Sorry, looking back I wasn't clear - any new comics I share won't be Q-Rais, since I'm all Q-Rais'ed out. :)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
OK, let's do some catching up.

Crabgrass

LMAO x3

Old School Peanuts (Aug 27, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 18-19, 1991)

Big Nate

You have a house and 2 kids NateDad. That alone is a pretty big W these days.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 18, 2022

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Why is he opening and reading his dad's mail?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Giant Ethicist posted:

Why is he opening and reading his dad's mail?

You say this like it's out of character for Nate to do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because he's a little poo poo.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Giant Ethicist posted:

Sorry, looking back I wasn't clear - any new comics I share won't be Q-Rais, since I'm all Q-Rais'ed out. :)

Having brought us Q-Rais I trust your judgement.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I feel like I should hate this but I love this

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

Q-Rais Talks to Himself

--

And that's the end of Talks to Himself!

Good on Q-Rais for saying no to the weird ex

Thanks for bringing us so much Q-Rais! I twas a treat to see all his various comics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thanks for Q-Rais Talks to Himself!

Nekonaughey

[Afternoon Tea is a brand of tea drinks produced by Kirin, who also produce whisky]

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Giant Ethicist posted:

there's one that's much better than its theme gives it any right to be about an aspiring idol who inadvertently adopts Literal Cthulhu as a pet. But I can see how that might be a bit "take it to ADTRW" for the thread.
:justpost:

goatface posted:

I'm hoping for "old lady is fine, as soon as she gets home old man is not and goes to the hospital, repeat until the heat death of the universe"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

That’s… the Hugo we remember.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TegneHanne

L-Innsikt (the pandemic years)

Zelda

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

EasyEW posted:

As a consolation for Funky-related irritation, here's a Sally Forth where Jim Keefe just goes for it hard.

Well this just rules

rannum posted:

Thanks for bringing us so much Q-Rais! I twas a treat to see all his various comics.

Seconding this :)

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 20, 1952)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Comic Strips 2022: Val Eats Crow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver Autumn Special

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Danger Nebula is the comic shop Esther worked at in Giant Days. I don’t think Lottie will be getting a job at a comic shop. She’d have no truck with people ghosting their “standing orders” amirite??? Blood would be spilled.