Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If ur getting open backs u better already have the full floor standing klipsch reference series set up or you’re doing it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

curried lamb of God posted:

Sennheiser HD6XX

I have a pair of these hooked up to my home office computer (via amp of course). Very nice.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ROFLBOT posted:

jeezus christ
phil collins, genesis and audiophile chat - just when you thought this thread couldn’t get any worse

It's almost as if Formula One is a sport beloved by terminally dull middle aged men.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

ethanol posted:

If ur getting open backs u better already have the full floor standing klipsch reference series set up or you’re doing it wrong

FWIW open backs are also way better for instrument practice - it's way more fatiguing to play guitar/bass/synth through closed-backs

And I have a 2.1 setup with KEF speakers, thank you very much :smug:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I liked that one Phil Collins song

Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkRKT6T0QLg

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The Battle of Epping Forest is an underrated song imo. It's a fun listen.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

curried lamb of God posted:

Sennheiser HD6XX

You know they’re great because they’re named like a Ferrari

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I will jump on the “Phil Collins loving sucks poo poo” bandwagon, however I also deeply enjoy ska music like it’s still 1997.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's almost as if Formula One is a sport beloved by terminally dull middle aged men.

my monitor is on

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

MustardFacial posted:

I will jump on the “Phil Collins loving sucks poo poo” bandwagon, however I also deeply enjoy ska music like it’s still 1997.

https://youtu.be/F03gEzdLa2g

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

I will jump on the “Phil Collins loving sucks poo poo” is great bandwagon, however I also deeply enjoy ska music like it’s still 1997 1984.

As an "old" I will admit that Genesis/Phil and Peter Gabriel got really tiresome in 1986 when they were on the "radio" and "music television video show" every 30 seconds. Sledgehammer was played like 15 times per day all summer. It was later you could appreciate their music more.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

this post is conflicting for me because i love propagandhi but also love ska

i actually had just generic ska music stuck in my head the other day, it was weird

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Don't have any opinions on Phil Collins but I know they used to play In The Air Tonight when the University of Miami was good.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
While Collins had the biggest solo career during and afterwards their run, the other members also had some success. Gabriel's Sledgehammer still slaps, Mike & the Mechanics had some solid tracks but like Bank's solo stuff it didn't pale in comparison to the brilliance of the group.

*buttons up translucent raincoat*

In '79 Genesis released this: *queues up Burning Rope on the bluetooth speaker*

"And Then There Were Three", their first album after the departure of Hackett.

An overlooked track amongst all of their bigger hits, typical vocals for their more mythical sounding songs. Has great instrumental snippets throughout, along with ethereal lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocnIqzM_QeQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlED8UH8T_E

Lol worthy

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

You mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGI2d31M7Ns

The ballad of middle aged white men everywhere

MustardFacial posted:

Finally, a correct opinion.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

imagine trying to characterise Phil collins as music for old white dudes and then you start going on about ska lmfao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

People enjoy ska unironically?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad that none of these virile and zoomy boys can exude the divorce dad energy of Phil and the gang

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

only like 4 more years until f1 is reborn with the passion of porsche

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
What I want to know is do any of the drivers listen to Djent. That is the real champion's music genre

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bring back Daft Punk to Formula One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CklirXg6Pm4

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm sad that none of these virile and zoomy boys can exude the divorce dad energy of Phil and the gang

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I really did not expect Phil Collins of all people to create this large of a diversion

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

this post is conflicting for me because i love propagandhi but also love ska

i actually had just generic ska music stuck in my head the other day, it was weird

The song is ironic but Propagandhi rules.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rectal Placenta posted:

I really did not expect Phil Collins of all people to create this large of a diversion

there's a lot of dead air to phil

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

there's a lot of dead air to phil

And it's not subtle, you can always feel it coming if you're listening to it later in the day.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

from the lion king?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Keyser_Soze posted:

As an "old" I will admit that Genesis/Phil and Peter Gabriel got really tiresome in 1986 when they were on the "radio" and "music television video show" every 30 seconds. Sledgehammer was played like 15 times per day all summer. It was later you could appreciate their music more.

This entire thread is octogenarians pretending they're 30-something year olds posting like they're 13 year olds.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

gonna be going to buy a quarter beef this weekend but they're offering to dry age stuff, what do yall think about dry aged steak versus fresh and also wagyu vs kobe steak

save the cast iron recommendations, I'll be grilling most of it

sous vide is the way to go, especially if the processor shrink wraps everything already, you can cook (unseasoned gross I know) from your freezer with zero effort and then season/sear

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Grimson posted:

This entire thread is 13 year olds posting like 30-something year olds

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Carlos Sainz

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rectal Placenta posted:

this isn't even the first time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Grimson posted:

This entire thread is octogenarians pretending they're 30-something year olds posting like they're 13 year olds.

Please don’t doxx me

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
listening to "i dont care anymore" in my phillips shp2000

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

In honor of Phil Collins chat I had to listen to Easy Lover this morning. 10/10 would listen to again.

Edit: Didn't see this fantastic post earlier!

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 18, 2022

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
how you can dislike the phill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2mbGP6vFI

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I still stand by my opinion that Daft Punk should have been nominated & won an Oscar for that OST!

Edit: Also the laser show they did for Tron Legacy at Disney was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIZrSlPuko

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 18, 2022

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

a pipe smoking dog posted:

i don’t watch formula 1, I just watch freight hopping youtube channels and guptill89’s classivc video ‘top 10 hottest female sonic characters’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Russian Bear posted:

Lol at discussion of your wireless “quality” headphones, just lol if your headphones aren’t open back and plugged into an amp which is connected to a dac which is playing flac files.

Rega Planet 2000 -> Gilmore v2 -> Grado SR-200

Christ I can’t believe I was in to that.