Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hammerite posted:

hard agree, should have had an "F" tier just for Decidueye

Mods?!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The F is for Friend

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Look if you're gonna get spicy, let's just do it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

These leaks all seem so fake. I've been wrong about knowing which leaks are fake and which are real in the past, but none of the extremely blurry screenshots I've seen are very convincing.

Like with anything remotely Nintendo related, don't believe anything you hear until you see it officially, because there's every fucker nerd on the planet trying to fool you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's more fun to instead believe everything since odds are it won't be proven wrong until the official thing drops and then yout can be excited about that instead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Aight, sure.
B, C, and D are mostly just varying degrees of neutral, E is very eh and the bottom has some of my least favourite mons overall. A lot of the mid stages are really hit or miss.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

HopperUK posted:

I dunno, I feel like the worst I ever feel about any Pokemon is 'meh'. I hate no Pokemon. Even Mr Mime is fine, I guess.

oh so you like Jynx huh. Interesting. Very interesting stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SS tier, eh? also interesting. good to know.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Oh, this is out of date. Uhhhh, all the new dudes are great. S or A tier for all three. Maybe Sprigatito in B.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

indigi posted:

SS tier, eh? also interesting. good to know.

You're not qualified for the SSS teir.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I investigated the grit items that you get from releasing pokemon, because I'm a nerd and I care about this for some reason.

I think the rule is as follows:

The grit you get depends on the pokemon's level and on how many perfect IVs it has.

If the pokemon has no perfect IVs:
- if it's level 50 or above, you get a Grit Pebble
- if it's level 25-49, you get Grit Gravel
- if it's level 10-24, you get Grit Dust
- if it's level 9 or below, you get nothing

If the pokemon has 1 or 2 perfect IVs:
- if it's level 50 or above, you get a Grit Rock
- if it's level 25-49, you get a Grit Pebble
- if it's level 24 or below, you get Grit Gravel
- it's possible that if the pokemon is level 1, you get Grit Dust instead; not tested (I did have a level 2 to test with; it got a Grit Gravel)

If the pokemon has 3 or more perfect IVs:
- if it's level 25 or above, you get a Grit Rock
- if it's level 24 or below, you get a Grit Pebble
- there is some level (it might be level 1) at which you get Grit Gravel instead, based on Lux Animus's post from a few days ago (I didn't have any below level 18 to test)

I believe alpha pokemon, and pokemon in outbreaks, tend to automatically have some perfect IVs (but maybe I am wrong about that?)

So...
- if you want Grit Dust, catch and release mons at levels 10 to 24 that aren't alpha/in outbreaks
- if you want Grit Gravel, catch and release mons at levels 25 to 49 that aren't alpha/in outbreaks, or transfer in breeding rejects from other games and release them in PLA
- if you want Grit Pebbles, catch and release mons at level 50 or above that aren't alpha/in outbreaks, or mons at level 24 or below that are alpha/in outbreaks; or transfer in breeding rejects from other games, give them a small amount of experience, and release them
- if you want Grit Rocks, catch and release high level mons that are alpha/in outbreaks

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jynx did nothing wrong

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Hammerite posted:

- there is some level (it might be level 1) at which you get Grit Gravel instead, based on Lux Animus's post from a few days ago (I didn't have any below level 18 to test)

Nice notes!

A little addendum here: when I brought in 30x lvl1 eevees from my copy of Shining Pearl through HOME and released them for 30x grit gravel, they were all of the following:

- traded mons (a diff trainer ID)
- in a mystery ball
- 3+ Perf IVs

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Starters are good and all, but what is everyone's favorite type?

For me it's a tossup between Bug, Ghost and Poison. Gengar and Scolipede are my friends.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 17, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ghost

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dark, since they tend to have fun designs

Just wish they weren't made of wet tissue paper

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My favorite type is Ghost. My favorite Pokemon is Mimikyu.

Until Mimikyu was manifested for us, my favorite for a very long time was Breloom, and I would have said Fighting.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Xalidur posted:

My favorite type is Ghost. My favorite Pokemon is Mimikyu.

Until Mimikyu was manifested for us, my favorite for a very long time was Breloom, and I would have said Fighting.

:hfive:

I had a look just to be sure, and there really isn't a single bad Ghost-type design, even when it's a secondary type.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It's me, the one Normal type fan.

Steel if mega evolutions are a part of the equation.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Megas are the best generational gimmick and they should come back. That and the DexNav.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Fire

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shneak posted:

It's me, the one Normal type fan.

Steel if mega evolutions are a part of the equation.

There are two of us. I like the pokemon that just a normal animal and normal does that the most. Give me pokemon that are just a dog or just a bear and I am there for them.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
While Megas you can *kinda* see why they were dropped, some minor gimmicks that I can't understand why were dropped out are:

- a more prevalent morning/day/night cycle. I remember back in G/S it took me months to finally catch a Ledyba/Ledian because during week I'd be at school and on weekends I'd wake up around 11AM, so I remember the first time I caught one was when I stood over at a friend's house and I woke early cause I wasn't used to not sleeping in my room
- weekly events I can't remember when this was dropped out. gen 6? but stuff like the Friday Lapras, the Clefairy moon dance, the rival rematches or the special underground stores were all pretty neat
-seasons which could now be expanded by having certain regional variants appear in other regions, ie. Alolan Vulpix migration during Winter, Galar Ponyta during Spring, etc.

All of these would add replayability to the games and it's extremely weird that they have not been brought back specially after seeing the popularity of the last Animal Crossing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Games still have a pretty prominent night and day cycle don't they? Did they drop that in Gen VIII? I'm pretty sure SM had different mons depending on time of day at least.

Also seasons are lame.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Games still have a pretty prominent night and day cycle don't they? Did they drop that in Gen VIII? I'm pretty sure SM had different mons depending on time of day at least.

Also seasons are lame.

yeah Sun/Moon and especially USUM had a very important day/night cycle

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think one of my favorite parts of Unbound is how they were able to implement a GSC-style day/night cycle (including morning/evening) into the FireRed engine. It also uses the GBA's real-time clock instead of having to rely on manually setting the time.

Honestly the level of effort that has gone into Unbound (and the FireRed upgrade project it's based on) is insane for a romhack, it's arguably a more complete game than Gen 8.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The leak situation with SV is kinda funny. Supposedly we got an original leaker playing some build of Scarlet that got all those pictures out then bailed. Then a second leaker came out also playing Scarlet with a few more things but only in text, then the original leaker got jealous his clout was obscured so quickly and started dumping more.

The one thing that really catches my eye is
That RFake stands for "regional fake" as in new pokemon that look like they'd be regionals of other pokemon, but only look like them. Example being a water type that looks a lot like digglet but has no connections to it. Telephone game is making it sound like these are almost straight up just recolors to fill up the pokedex.

Hope we get a new trailer soon. We're at a strange point where in hte past 3 generations we would've gotten something minor for E3 (gyms and like 4 early mons) and a substantial trailer in the first week of July (gigantamax, megas) but instead its been silence since the start of June.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When you get right down to it Pokemon leaks are all about the clout.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rfake sounds stupid and lovely I hope it’s not real

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

indigi posted:

Rfake sounds stupid and lovely I hope it’s not real

Keep in mind that’s not the official name for it. Sounds like a reference to convergent evolution

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

This has already been a thing in every generation since 3, if pikaclones count.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Bloody Pom posted:

Starters are good and all, but what is everyone's favorite type?

Bug, Ghost, Dark, Fighting, Psychic, Steel, Dragon and Fairy

I guess that covers most of the more exotic types, but they all have nifty designs and concepts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind that’s not the official name for it. Sounds like a reference to convergent evolution

the name isn’t what’s stupid about it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I do love grass types. Not all of em, but enough of em. Though fairy types are coming up fast. Galarian Ponyta.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mimikyu is the best of the

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

The leak situation with SV is kinda funny.
https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1548813263269466113

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No pokemon leak is ever going to be as cool as the SM leak with the monster clown Popplio evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
At this point I think all the leaks are bullshit