Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

Oh God, don't get me started on cop vehicle placement on scenes where they're working with other agencies.

what's up with trying to make cop vehicles invisible. I see it a lot in smaller jurisdictions. My local cops drive a black SUV with light grey lettering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what's up with trying to make cop vehicles invisible. I see it a lot in smaller jurisdictions. My local cops drive a black SUV with light grey lettering
To better protect and serve you by getting the town money from speeding tickets.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

stealie72 posted:

To better protect and serve you by getting the town money from speeding tickets.

they also used to have a corvette. I think they might have too much money and are just pretending to be police officers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah it's pretty interesting that they're always talking about "community policing" but they try to hide from us to catch us doing something.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they also used to have a corvette. I think they might have too much money and are just pretending to be police officers
You're going to have to be more specific if you are trying to refer to a single department here.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah it's pretty interesting that they're always talking about "community policing" but they try to hide from us to catch us doing something.

none of them walk a beat. Just walking around and meeting the community.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One of my friends lives in a pretty small town and one of the local cops there just sits in the parking lot of his own police station and waits for people to not come to a complete stop at the nearby stop sign.

This stop sign is at a one-way L-shaped intersection where you can only make a right turn at the sign, and the oncoming traffic from the other leg of the L can only go straight into a one-way on the other side of an island. It’s almost impossible to have an accident at this intersection but 300lbs of useless cop will ticket anyone who dares to roll through.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/JennieWTHR/status/1548799216226603008

:blastu::murica:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is happening right now btw.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

chill with the sunday brunch rush already. I still don't know how many people the denver police shot up

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Voice of Labor posted:

chill with the sunday brunch rush already. I still don't know how many people the denver police shot up

They just said - 5!

https://twitter.com/DenverPolice/status/1548804517659131904?t=9sE9EYc5Fc1K1OUbuZBTWw&s=19

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Cool. That's what? 6 or 7 this week?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Cool. That's what? 6 or 7 this week?

Dude, I have no loving idea. We had a mass shooting here last week I think I about a half mile from me and it didn't even make big news.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Dude, I have no loving idea. We had a mass shooting here last week I think I about a half mile from me and it didn't even make big news.

2 cops were shot on July 4 in Philadelphia. I'm just saying that's a pretty good start

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

2 cops were shot on July 4 in Philadelphia. I'm just saying that's a pretty good start
:hmmyes:

100% this thread is going to get me on a govt. list

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Bananana posted:

:hmmyes:

100% this thread is going to get me on a govt. list

Lol if you think half of us aren’t already on one

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol if you think half of us aren’t already on one

:shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

^^^^^^mod confirmation
This thread was a honeypot.

Edit: idk, you have a star. But it's not blue, or red..

So idk what to think anymore.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

^^^^^^mod confirmation
This thread was a honeypot.

Edit: idk, you have a star. But it's not blue, or red..

So idk what to think anymore.

make no mistake. it is red

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

make no mistake. it is red

Communist red, or Republican red?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Bananana posted:

Both!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

at this point in history does it really make that much of a difference?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There have been three shootings classified as "mass shootings" within ~5 miles of me in the last two months and only one even made the evening news

Six in 2022 and only two of them made the news.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

There have been three shootings classified as "mass shootings" within ~5 miles of me in the last two months and only one even made the evening news

what qualifies as a mass shooting these days?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going off of https://massshootingtracker.site/ which classifies anything with four or more victims as a mass shooting

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm glad I live in a no where town with 250k ppl... We have had a few incidents the last 2 years but it seems to have been more of a gang violence and beef than a person killing as many people as possible... I think the death rate has been seeing 3 or 4 people from drive-bys

I wonder when we'll get a complete psycho at a school instead of some poo poo heads at a graduation party in the "bad" part of town.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 18, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

I'm going off of https://massshootingtracker.site/ which classifies anything with four or more victims as a mass shooting

I really don''t know how to react to that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I wish they had a way to search for zip codes or cities

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I really don''t know how to react to that

Well you just did react to that, also here's a great article on why mass shootings are defined at or around 3-4 victims

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/essays/mass-shootings.html

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Well you just did react to that, also here's a great article on why mass shootings are defined at or around 3-4 victims

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/essays/mass-shootings.html

well. that is terrifying

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

A few years ago at work there was a mass shooting a few miles from me and some coworkers came by to talk to me about it. This was the first I was hearing about it and I asked how many victims? They said 2 dead and I replied "Only 2? That's not a mass shooting. Come back to me when there are 4 or 5." They were horrified by my reply and honestly, so was I.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Well poo poo, we're on that list twice this year.

City of 100k.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Well poo poo, we're on that list twice this year.

City of 100k.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

well. that is terrifying

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Shootings here have going up dramatically the past few years. It's crazy.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Shootings here have going up dramatically the past few years. It's crazy.

Just send 4 AR15's to each family by USPS. We did that with COVID home tests and that solved that emergency.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Just send 4 AR15's to each family by USPS. We did that with COVID home tests and that solved that emergency.

What in the gently caress are you talking about?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

What in the gently caress are you talking about?

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/At-Home-COVID-19-Test-Kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immortal wa
Jul 24, 2007
vs. the killer meteors
We americans are back to it:

At least three people have been killed after a mass shooting at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana, according to local authorities. Three others were reported injured, with first responders still clearing the area on Sunday evening.

One of the dead is the suspected shooter, according to Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers, who shared in a news release that the gunman had been shot “by an armed individual.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/greenwood-park-mall-shooting-with-multiple-victims-reported-several-injured-cops-say?ref=scroll