Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I mean, you can google as well as I can, but it looked like schizophrenia among other things when I looked it up just now

E: that was snarkier than necessary. Sorry. I did think it was just autism myself, and nearly wrote that initially, but I looked it up first. He's got a host of problems. And apparently self-identities as mentally ill, because he likes how he has the word "ill" twice in his handle.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He has OCD among other issues.

Unlike most people in that general class of internet notoriety, people haven't been super abusive to him.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Yeah, I dunno about bullying and mocking, SA has generally been really positive and supportive. He's a weirdo, but a cool weirdo who just does his own things, like playing Bubsy 64 obsessively and planning on making his dream game, a version of a meditative/calming practice he uses where he just flies around a landscape swooping and diving.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought his book and it sucked. But I did read it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

His book is an amazing piece of outsider art, which is to say that it's barely a book in any recognizable form. I only got like 20 pages in on my first attempt and should really give it another swing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

His book is an amazing piece of outsider art, which is to say that it's barely a book in any recognizable form.

I think it's what publishers like to call "YA fiction".

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

John Lee posted:

Yeah, I dunno about bullying and mocking, SA has generally been really positive and supportive.
Twas not always so

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Have we really reached the era where people don’t remember helldump

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dross posted:

Have we really reached the era where people don’t remember helldump

Holy poo poo I hope so

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

History becomes legend, legend fades to myth, and myth becomes forgotten when the last goon that remembers it is banned

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foley work, all the sound effects work that goes into filling in/replacing the initial recorded sounds in filmed media to make it sound realistic, isn't some obscure technical term, it's the last name of one of the OG sound technicians from way back in early film production. One of those cases where you're just so good at your job that your name just gets turned into a standardized term.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Also Billy Gofer, Wanda Grip, and Fred Bestboy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Don't forget Jane Fluffer.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tad Naff posted:

Also Billy Gofer, Wanda Grip, and Fred Bestboy
Ernest Stanislaus Fluffer

Edit: gently caress YOU :mad:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Silhouette” is a roast of an eighteen century French minister.

The idea was something like “this dude’s policies blow so hard that this is the only artwork we can afford”.

It’s like if people started calling hoverboards “Powellmobiles” because “they only have one wheel LOL” and the name stuck two and a half centuries later.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Platystemon posted:

The idea was something like “this dude’s policies blow so hard that this is the only artwork we can afford”.

It’s like if people started calling hoverboards “Powellmobiles” because “they only have one wheel LOL” and the name stuck two and a half centuries later.

Do we have hoverboards?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They got banned in the eighties because how dangerous they are

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Stuff I can't believe I just figured out:

The absolute tomfoolery going on with the bass in the 90s music video with the funny plastic cowboy men

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That would be Les Claypool and yeah he’s genius.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just based on the description I was thinking "they mean the old primus video right?" Hell yeah.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a short 10 minute doco about the making of that music video which seemed pretty drat awful for everyone involved, wearing those costumes and trying to perform in them sucked an extreme amount

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6AB9nD8evs

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

Platystemon posted:

Guillotine was guillotined.

EDIT: Apparently not. gently caress you, Horrible Histories.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AFewBricksShy posted:

That would be Les Claypool and yeah he’s genius.

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, I know the generalities. It's more that I'd just never listened to the music with the specific intent of paying attention to what he was doing. It's like, I had all the ingredients for a soup cut up and sitting on the counter next to a pot of boiling water.

I don't think I'm in any hurry to get big into Primus, but, like, gently caress, I get what y'all were talking about now.

Phy has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Jul 19, 2022

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A lot of work goes into sounding as lovely as Les Claypool

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
His band does suck, it's true.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lemonheads were bad.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lemonheads were bad.

No, they were good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

No, they were good

:monocle:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
When it was released and I was like 5 years old there was a song "Whoop daddys!" which I then realized when I was a little older that no, it was "Whoop, there it is"

Yesterday I learned that it's "Whoomp! (there it is)", why is there an 'm'??

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4c54rCJ_k

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I don't care if this is fake cause that dudes laugh-scromit put a smile on my face

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pik_d posted:

When it was released and I was like 5 years old there was a song "Whoop daddys!" which I then realized when I was a little older that no, it was "Whoop, there it is"

Because it’s pronounced with an m.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

When I was a kid my friend tried to convince me that it was a censored version, and the real one was WHOOMP (big fat rear end)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I prefer this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ho3FtN-9M8

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Failed Imagineer posted:

I don't care if this is fake cause that dudes laugh-scromit put a smile on my face

Same, really impressive for the DJ to figure it out if it's real

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

pik_d posted:

Because it’s a rip off of another band called 95 South that did Whoot! There It Is a few months earlier.

https://youtu.be/aBwvFBxf_Eg

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TK-42-1 posted:

Because it’s a rip off of another band called 95 South that did Whoot! There It Is a few months earlier.

https://youtu.be/aBwvFBxf_Eg

Yeah that makes sense. Very exciting to know I was wrong about both songs at once

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also if anyone was wondering exactly where 'it' was, this 3rd track might hold all the answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdAWpf9O08Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
And there it is.