Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Noshing on some dogs with the fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I'm not sure if it's the artificial flavoring or the orange wine used, but the Frozen Cocktail popcicles are going to be my first return in 9 years for a food/beverage product at Costco. The fake flavor of the juice just builds in your mouth and the orange wine just comes across as orange juice that's gone bad (duh) instead of alcohol.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They are pretty bad, we have some in the freezer that have been there for years because no one wants to eat them. In the summer heat waves when it doesn't get below 80 at night I've taken to eating a few so I can at least cool off a little.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Ugh I got the terrible boozy freeze tubes too and tried to return them but the 'co wouldn't do it, citing state law about returning products containing alcohol. They suggested I give them to a neighbor or friend and I threw them in the trash instead because I don't want my friends and/or neighbors to be upset.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

n8r posted:

I think I got food poisoning from bitchin’ sauce.

Ban this malcontent

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
What is the shelf life on the key lime pie or cheesecake? I have a retirement party I won't be attending but volunteered to make a pie for on Thursday before I realized I'd be out of office, but the only day I can get out to church is after work tonight because my car is going to be in the shop while I'm at the conference.

Trying to avoid giving my coworkers food poisoning because I like most of them.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Fashionably Great posted:

What is the shelf life on the key lime pie or cheesecake? I have a retirement party I won't be attending but volunteered to make a pie for on Thursday before I realized I'd be out of office, but the only day I can get out to church is after work tonight because my car is going to be in the shop while I'm at the conference.

Trying to avoid giving my coworkers food poisoning because I like most of them.

I don’t know what the listed shelf life is but I’ve eaten a slice well over a week after purchase with no I’ll effect

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jisforjosh posted:

orange wine
There's your problem. I think it's also sometimes known as prison wine?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

more like bitch sauce imo

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Alucard posted:

There's your problem. I think it's also sometimes known as prison wine?

It's garbage. The Kirkland bottled margarita uses orange wine for it's alcohol and was equally garbage.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
dried watermelon?

peee-uuu stinks!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Does Costco tend to carry halal products?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Depends on the Costco. The one closest to me has a freezer case full of like sides of lamb and boxes of goat cubes and stuff.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I don't know if it's officially halal but a bunch of observant Somali-Americans buy meat at the Minneapolis Business Center Costco.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Yeah, you’ll have better luck at a business center if possible

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eatin one of them apple chicken sausages and some kirkland goat cheese rn

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I bet some kimchi would pair nicely with those

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That's an interesting term.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smugworth posted:

I ran out of that yesterday :(

The jar isn't big enough, should've bought 2

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Got another big jug on my church list for this Friday

We're like borderline gonna make it with coffee though... Gotta up it to 3 co-op bags next time :sludgepal:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/redford/status/1549136598138204160?s=20&t=zpggyrxEECSy4P2awkHFUw

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That’s why you buy a chicken for every day of the week.

As an aside, does anyone else grab a small to medium size chicken with a dark roast rather than stand there looking for the biggest one? I think they taste better than the ones the size of a dinosaur. Everyone else I’ve seen stands there for several minutes, sifting through every container. Especially the older shoppers.

In this economy I guess you gotta get your value.

The one thing I don’t recommend is the leftover chicken meat they package at the end of the night. It seems to go bad way quicker.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I ate a little tiramasu cup thing like two months past date no issues

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kimchi stays good forever just poke a hole in the lid to let out the carbon dioxide

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I just got back from Alaska and every group of residents I talked to praised Costco completely unprompted. South Central Alaska is Costco territory. I didn't get to go but I hear they have dip nets, lots of fishing gear, and the best meat and surprising to me great fish. Not that surprising but I didn't expect to hear locals say they went there to buy fish often.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The Hawaii Costco is also supposed to be legendary. Makes sense given both of their remote locations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Those are great, but I hear there is a Costco tucked away in the highest peaks of the Himalayas.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Jives with the video from Iceland in the OP.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ShowTime posted:

The Hawaii Costco is also supposed to be legendary. Makes sense given both of their remote locations.

The one in Kona on the big island is very very busy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

Those are great, but I hear there is a Costco tucked away in the highest peaks of the Himalayas.

You have to train a lot for that. Have supplemental oxygen, and get a permit from the local government.

Very few have ever completed the journey.

Beware of your hubris.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I am required to post this photo I took in a Costco on Oahu.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I ran out of that yesterday :(

The jar isn't big enough, should've bought 2

Anyone seen the seaweed salad? They had that last summer and omg.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

BONGHITZ posted:

more like bitch sauce imo

I'm gonna say it: bitchin sauce is overrated.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They have it at my Costco and if it’s that good I’ll have to try it. Since we keep talking about kimchi and salads, I’ll say I’ve gone through a couple of the Wildbrine sauerkraut jars in as many months. I love that stuff, and not just with hotdogs/sausage. It’s great with a leafy salad and makes really awesome tuna salad.

The healthy noodles are also really good but the price has gone up so much I only buy it on discount now. Costco also has the best cauliflower rice and low-fat cottage cheese I’ve found in any supermarket.

Basically Costco makes eating healthy tasty and affordable.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

Oracle posted:

Anyone seen the seaweed salad? They had that last summer and omg.

Just saw it today in Pittsburgh.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShowTime posted:

Since we keep talking about kimchi and salads, I’ll say I’ve gone through a couple of the Wildbrine sauerkraut jars in as many months. I love that stuff, and not just with hotdogs/sausage. It’s great with a leafy salad and makes really awesome tuna salad.

I got back to eating that after not using it for... a while (like 6+ months). I had one container that only had a bit left. It had gotten a bit mushy and was dull colored, but it was fine (it had basically regressed to generic cheap sauerkraut). The unopened jar I had in my fridge was still snappy and delightful.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Smugworth posted:

Kimchi stays good forever just poke a hole in the lid to let out the carbon dioxide
Thank you for reminding me to eat some more kimchi.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kimchi will stay good for 6 months. more important than venting co2 is keeping the whole thing submerged in the kimchi water. do not dilute the kimchi water, the ph and salt is what keeps it good and that'll get hosed up if you dilute it

if you keep it for 6 months it doesn't actually go bad it turns into mugeunji (묵은지), which is just really fuckin Extra for eatin plain and should prolly be used for fried rice or something

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I thought the sauerkraut was okay but I used a little of the brine as a culture starter for my own sauerkraut and kimchi and it worked really well so i definitely recommend picking it up. My church doesn't carry the kim chi though :smithcloud:

Why do Costco cucumbers go bad so fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Soul Dentist posted:

I thought the sauerkraut was okay but I used a little of the brine as a culture starter for my own sauerkraut and kimchi and it worked really well so i definitely recommend picking it up. My church doesn't carry the kim chi though :smithcloud:

Why do Costco cucumbers go bad so fast?

Last time I made sauerkraut it was bubbling away in less than 3 hours by just adding salt.... You definitely don't need a starter culture for it.