Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hasn't been much paper shuffling lately tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Every show goes through fallow periods

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no coughing or beeping either. it’s like when the eagles tour and refuse to play hotel california

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Deadlock is the only wrestling podcast you need

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah for one day a week and then you have no podcasts left.

I subbed to the observer at the start of covid and I will never go back, I crave the daily content.

Even skipping the shows I don’t want to hear there’s still more than enough to fill my walks to and from the office/wherever else I might need to go, and I probably skip more than half of the stuff they put up on the feed every week.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah for one day a week and then you have no podcasts left.

look at this non $5 tier scrub

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Quantum of Phallus posted:

hasn't been much paper shuffling lately tbh

The G1 standing news should fix that. Even better because there's princess cup and N1, so much opportunity for paper shuffling!

But yeah the observer stuff is good for news, B&V for reviews, Lance for insight/old man yelling at cloud, Filthy to hear Tom Lawler giving current indies/NJPW insights. I'm told Deadlock for goofballs laughing at retro stuff. There isn't enough time for all the podcasts, not even enough time for all the drat WO/FFW stuff. I don't know what a dragonkingdark is, and I don't want to know.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
now.......where are.......my notes..............

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
If you want Cornette-lite there's The Lapsed Fan (although it's mostly retro stuff)

Personally I don't like it but if you need many of the same opinions but without the racism and lots of impressions it's there for you. I listened to their coverage of the Omega/Okada series and didn't enjoy it, especially the weaselly defence of Bill Demott.

Wrestlenomics is really good if you want dry business stuff and all the ratings talk you can choke on. (It's where AEW's VP of Biz Dev came from).

If you want news and recaps (that's not WOR), The Post Wrestling Shows with John Pollock & Wai Ting are pretty good.

If you want Japanese coverage then the various podcasts under the VOW patreon network banner are the gold standard.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 18, 2022

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'd highly recommend Punchsport Podcast, Wrestlehut Pisscast, Crossing Borders, Monumental Podcast and Immovable Objects: A Classic Wrestling Podcast.

New episodes are frequently posted.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jubs posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast

:rip:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I’d say Wrestling Observer Radio for news and Deadlock for retro stuff

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

It's very much alive. They just aren't posting what they record. It's going to be so awesome listening to 5+ years worth of lost episodes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

look at this non $5 tier scrub

I’ll pay for patreon podcasts when they make it easy to just link your account or whatever to overcast and forget all about it.

Have they done that yet?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

It lives on in the hearts minds and bladders of all who witnessed it.

Also, feel free to listen to Immovable Objects maybe it’ll motivate me to motivate Manflurry to record more of them who knows!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ric Flair goin up for the ram jam you know he dead

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

I’ll pay for patreon podcasts when they make it easy to just link your account or whatever to overcast and forget all about it.

Have they done that yet?
i've been using patreon with overcast for at least a year.

Patreon gives you a custom URL for each podcast you subscribe to handle everything. Just go to the patreon page for the show and click on My Membership. There will be a URL you can copy and paste into Overcast and it will download all the paywalled content for you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Well gently caress

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cool Post Beg posted:

Ric Flair goin up for the ram jam you know he dead

Tazzs music hits, arms go U

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

While we wait for lost episodes of the Pisscast and Immovable, Deadlock really scratches that itch. There's no other wrestling podcast that keeps me cry-laughing at the gym than those three.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Only wrestling podcasts I go in for are ones with Dave or Bryan. The day they make a Craig solo show, hoo boy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Only wrestling podcasts I go in for are ones with Dave or Bryan.

This is the best way to enjoy any and all observer content.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

craig granny and lance sin límite

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Let me know if Bryan or Dave ever screams "Dick THE COCK Johnson"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Only wrestling podcasts I go in for are ones with Dave or Bryan. The day they make a Craig solo show, hoo boy.

What if they do a Vinny solo show?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I bet Bryan would on cameo, that’d be worth the $35

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

gently caress it’s the wrong side of payday or I’d definitely pay Bryan to do a deadlock subscriber read

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gently caress it’s the wrong side of payday or I’d definitely pay Bryan to do a deadlock subscriber read

bryan learned about based, he can learn about what the dog doin

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

The DICK there is, the COCK there was, and the JOHNSON there ever will be

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NienNunb posted:

We got a preview of this recently when they made Craig fill time while B&V looked something up for Vinny to watch lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Craig had a good joke on the weekend B&V, fulfilling his quota for this quarter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dream podcasts:

- Craig solo show
- Craig/Mike
- Mike/Vinny
- Craig/Mike/Filthy Tom
- Lance/Craig’s son
- Mike/Granny
- Mike/Craig/Brent

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has there been a Dave and Granny show or at least long interaction that seems pretty funny

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Has there been a Dave and Granny show or at least long interaction that seems pretty funny

It's possible that it happened on one of the Christmas shows but I can't remember offhand.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Price Check posted:

It's possible that it happened on one of the Christmas shows but I can't remember offhand.

Dave is yet to appear on a Christmas show.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave and Granny have serious heat after Granny exposed the business

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

We got a preview of this recently when they made Craig fill time while B&V looked something up for Vinny to watch lol

How was everyone's fourth?

I had a real good BBQ.

Bryan must've gone to the barber lately.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Deadlock is the only wrestling podcast you need

I'm slowly getting into it, took a few tries but it's definitely growing on me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JT Smiley posted:

I had the benefit of years of NL and Pulse fandom already sanding my brain smooth so it made it real easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrQFk2Rn4E8